It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CISPA Passed NO ONE Cared

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I think I did hear that they voted earlier than expected ... so perhaps that's how he didn't vote .....be good to hear from him ....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I think I did hear that they voted earlier than expected ... so perhaps that's how he didn't vote .....be good to hear from him ....

That could be it. It was passed today when it wasn't supposed to be. They passed it while he was rallying. Hmm, tricky because he'd probably be the one arguing against it while they quietly accepted it.
For the rest who "We don't read bills under after they are passed" adding on to that for example one voter knew well about it, posts it on his Facebook:Allen West/ FL.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think apathy at this point is the best option....

I mean what are we going to do? Like a status on facebook? That only works once and we used it up with SOPA...

The best thing we could have done was NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA

but that ship has sailed...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
I think apathy at this point is the best option....

I mean what are we going to do? Like a status on facebook? That only works once and we used it up with SOPA...

The best thing we could have done was NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA

but that ship has sailed...

I really do not think voting for McCain or anyone else would have made a blind bit of difference with regard to legislation that has had implications for civil liberties..just my opinion. Also in this case, this was voted for overwhelmingly by the republicans and not the democrats ... which was surprising because I thought there was more bi-partisan support earlier in the process.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

I'm still blaming Obama because I can... Since Obama and cronies are still blaming Bush...

Frankly, the republicans dont understand how the internet works... They are worried that China is going to steal all of our good ideas (oh wait they do and they lower the price on it)

No amount of internet slacktavism is going to work this time around

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by AliceBlackman

I'm still blaming Obama because I can... Since Obama and cronies are still blaming Bush...

Frankly, the republicans dont understand how the internet works... They are worried that China is going to steal all of our good ideas (oh wait they do and they lower the price on it)

No amount of internet slacktavism is going to work this time around

LMAO ... I like the "slacktavism" term ..

mind you what with the "new free speech , must have pre-approved time limited protest, no where near anyone who needs to hear the activism, zones"... this maybe all that's left as a means to voice opinions without getting in trouble.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I just don't get angry over something I have no power to do anything against.

And if you think you do have the power to do something about it, you have another think coming.

those who have the gold make the rules, and we little people get stuck in between.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Why has this only got 9 flags? Why is this not on the front page? Why are there only two pages of comments? Why are we giving up so easily? Why do I even bother anymore?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Why has this only got 9 flags? Why is this not on the front page? Why are there only two pages of comments? Why are we giving up so easily? Why do I even bother anymore?

Just further illustrates the title really. For those who care- I will update when info is found for that sake.
Thanks to those who did participate in the discussion.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

The vote went through, 248 to 168. REALLY? Two-hundred and six of the votes for CISPA were GOP. Is this a ploy to get at Dems/Libs? Did they even read the bill? DO they even care? Well, you know what it is not funny. Quit playing games.

Not only was it passed by a huge margin of Republicans, but most of the 'tea party caucus' lead by Michelle Bachmann voted yes on it. Which is why we don't hear too much of a concern from the pseudo-right on this issue. Because it would highlight just how hypocritically full of # the GOP are in their libertarian pretensions. The Tea Party was little more than sheep dog meant to heard the angry and disillusioned back under their tent in time for the 2010 elections. Once those guys got office, they lined up with all the Neo-cons and started voting for the very tings they lamed to oppose.

Not all of them, and not on every vote. But the CISPA roll call really highlights just hw 'big government' the majority of those in the 'tea party caucus' actually are.*

*warning, these criticisms in no way imply an endorsement of the opposition party (D), and if you think they do, you're probably a partisan fool.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by dreamingawake

What I'd also like to know is why didn't Ron Paul vote...... why didn't the Libatarian vote NO ?

Any RP supporters out there with an explanation ?

The vote was called early while Paul was at a previous engagement.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

*warning, these criticisms in no way imply an endorsement of the opposition party (D), and if you think they do, you're probably a partisan fool.

LMAO ... thanks for the light relief.... love the disclaimer

Also yes I now see Dr. Paul is in the clear on this one... not that I've found evidence of him being a fork tongue..looks like his record is still clean. Just wanted to make sure that the poster person for liberty wasn't back sliding ....

Anyway on a related note of loss of liberty .... I made this thread .. yes I know I was extrapolating probably into the realm of fantasy ... but ....in case anyone is interested in the little power struggle going on between Homeland Security and Dept of the Interior / Dept of Agriculture.

HR1505 Securing our Borders or Fencing us in?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Yes, it appears everyone has rolled over for a belly scratch. Inter-dimentional Aliens, time travellers and Nibru solar wind reversal are way more engaging than civil liberty.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

‘Anonymous’ hackers plan to stop CISPA with Operation Defense: Phase 2 [video]

In person picket protests planned:

The group states that “we will not stand while our rights are being taken away,” and is planning a traditional protest of the companies who support CISPA.

Video provided further shares the dates of each.

The protest will begin on Tuesday, May 1st, and continue through June 30th. Anonymous and its supporters will target, AT&T, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Verizon Wireless, Bank of America, Chase Bank, McGraw-Hill, Coke and Pepsi, Target, WalMart, CVS and Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Anonymous’s video announcement follows below.

Source

Anonymous: Operation Defense Phase II [CISPA]

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This CISPA thing is a joke, I keep banging on about it at work to people and considering I work in the internet industry it's surprising how many people just don't actually understand what this means.

I imagine we'll eventually see quite a few legitimate sites removed from the internet especially where people are exercising their right to freedom of speech, in the name of terrorist/cyber security.

Speaking to people about it, they seem to provide a strange almost drone-like response "if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about". Some people are so dumb, perhaps they deserve to be enslaved... It makes me so angry that people don't understand, or even care to understand by investigating it.

I fear that if CISPA gets in (and it's almost inevitable that it will) then I fear this is just the first of a wave of bills like this to be ratified in all governments around the globe...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lioninthenorth
This CISPA thing is a joke, I keep banging on about it at work to people and considering I work in the internet industry it's surprising how many people just don't actually understand what this means.

I imagine we'll eventually see quite a few legitimate sites removed from the internet especially where people are exercising their right to freedom of speech, in the name of terrorist/cyber security.

Speaking to people about it, they seem to provide a strange almost drone-like response "if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about". Some people are so dumb, perhaps they deserve to be enslaved... It makes me so angry that people don't understand, or even care to understand by investigating it.

I fear that if CISPA gets in (and it's almost inevitable that it will) then I fear this is just the first of a wave of bills like this to be ratified in all governments around the globe...

Yes this time they were fooled. Same corruption under a different label. "We'll fight this...that....terrorism... protect kids". People fall right in line with it.
What they don't know is anyone, that's right ANYONE can be a target under vague wording. To even say; Your kid looks up something that is connected with something illegal: you'll still be held accountable as the owner of the ISP account. Same with if a creepy neighborhood hijacks your wi. Alibi oh well you were on Facebook at the time too so yeah you did it. Where does it end...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Gosh. ATSers are really really in deep trouble now. That includes me, you, as well as any lackey that doesn't care about this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join