It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Said When He Would Return to the Day

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Parture

And what lies do you speak of?
Split Infinity

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Parture

And what lies do you speak of?
Split Infinity

The lies that you give into that make you unwilling to believe in Christ as your Lord and Savior.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DominusIlluminatioMea
reply to post by Parture

Parture is right, God gave satan dominion over the earth, read the book of JOB. everything happens for a reason. It all is God's will.. Then people protest and come and say, well what about the rapists and murders and Children that die, and this and that all over the world.. yes it is still God's will.

No! God didn't give Satan dominion over the earth, but through Lucifer's rebellion he became Satan who was cast out of 3rd heaven. Consequently, he fell down to 2nd heaven where he impacted 1st heaven which was earth, but he was prevented from hurting the rest of the universe.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

bible.org...

Text
I hope you see how this small selection of ancient non-Christian sources helps corroborate our knowledge of Jesus from the gospels. Of course, there are many ancient Christian sources of information about Jesus as well. But since the historical reliability of the canonical gospels is so well established, I invite you to read those for an authoritative "life of Jesus!"

Notes

1. F. F. Bruce, Jesus and Christian Origins Outside the New Testament (Grand Rapids, Michigan: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1974), 13.
2. Ibid.
3. Ibid.
4. Edwin Yamauchi, quoted in Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan Publishing House, 1998), 82.
5. Tacitus, Annals 15.44, cited in Strobel, The Case for Christ, 82.
6.N.D. Anderson, Christianity: The Witness of History (London: Tyndale, 1969), 19, cited in Gary R. Habermas, The Historical Jesus (Joplin, Missouri: College Press Publishing Company, 1996), 189-190.
7. Edwin Yamauchi, cited in Strobel, The Case for Christ, 82.
8. Pliny, Epistles x. 96, cited in Bruce, Christian Origins, 25; Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 198.
9. Ibid., 27.
10. Pliny, Letters, transl. by William Melmoth, rev. by W.M.L. Hutchinson (Cambridge: Harvard Univ. Press, 1935), vol. II, X:96, cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 199.
11. M. Harris, "References to Jesus in Early Classical Authors," in Gospel Perspectives V, 354-55, cited in E. Yamauchi, "Jesus Outside the New Testament: What is the Evidence?", in Jesus Under Fire, ed. by Michael J. Wilkins and J.P. Moreland (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan Publishing House, 1995), p. 227, note 66.
12. Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 199.
13. Bruce, Christian Origins, 28.
14. Josephus, Antiquities xx. 200, cited in Bruce, Christian Origins, 36.
15. Ibid.
16. Yamauchi, "Jesus Outside the New Testament", 212.
17. Josephus, Antiquities 18.63-64, cited in Yamauchi, "Jesus Outside the New Testament", 212.
18. Ibid.
19. Although time would not permit me to mention it on the radio, another version of Josephus' "Testimonium Flavianum" survives in a tenth-century Arabic version (Bruce, Christian Origins, 41). In 1971, Professor Schlomo Pines published a study on this passage. The passage is interesting because it lacks most of the questionable elements that many scholars believe to be Christian interpolations. Indeed, "as Schlomo Pines and David Flusser...stated, it is quite plausible that none of the arguments against Josephus writing the original words even applies to the Arabic text, especially since the latter would have had less chance of being censored by the church" (Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 194). The passage reads as follows: "At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. His conduct was good and (he) was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. But those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion, and that he was alive; accordingly he was perhaps the Messiah, concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders." (Quoted in James H. Charlesworth, Jesus Within Judaism, (Garden City: Doubleday, 1988), 95, cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 194).
20. Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 202-03.
21. The Babylonian Talmud, transl. by I. Epstein (London: Soncino, 1935), vol. III, Sanhedrin 43a, 281, cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 203.
22. Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 203.
23. See John 8:58-59 and 10:31-33.
24. Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 204. See also John 18:31-32.
25. Matt. 12:24. I gleaned this observation from Bruce, Christian Origins, 56.
26. Luke 23:2, 5.
27. Lucian, The Death of Peregrine, 11-13, in The Works of Lucian of Samosata, transl. by H.W. Fowler and F.G. Fowler, 4 vols. (Oxford: Clarendon, 1949), vol. 4., cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 206

Amen.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have all of Habermas' books on the resurrection. He is the one who I got the 45 sources from 17 of which are non-Christian sources within 150 years of His death about the life, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
10 more posts and I can chat.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
9 more posts and I can chat

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
8 more posts and I can chat

link   
7 more posts

link   
6 more posts to chat

link   
5 more posts to chat

link   
4 more posts to chat

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
3 more posts to chat

link   
2 more posts to chat

link   
1 more post to chat.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Jesus will return after thousands of years.
First the Gospel must be spread throughout the World, in Greek "Cosmos" (Mark, the end), and what the world meant in that time is a different meaning. They didn't know America. They knew the stars better.
We say today "Universe". It is not this petty planet alone, it is not the aborigines and the Chinese that only await the Gospel. There will be thousands more years given for the Kingdom of God to come among us. It has never come in human history. Never! Or do you think the inquisition and the crusades, the religious wars, etc benefits are part of the kingdom of God?

The Jews haven't accepted the Christ either.
The Antichrist hasn't come yet.
There is much to be accomplished before Jesus comes back. But He will! Only where are we meanwhile and

how do we prepare His coming?
Not with the fat cat bankers (pardon - church goers) who buy their ticket to heaven. If this is the heaven, Jesus would have had a better food and clothing, may be a small palace in Galilee where he would accept delegations of kings, may be a personal friendship with Herod, lectures of Pilate to accept Christianity...pretty much as the church developped some 4 centuries later, inheriting the Roman empire!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I advise you to read seriously 2 Esdras book that once was a part of the Latin Bible and King James Bible, and now excluded. All chapters 3-16 but especially 13 Second Coming? 15 Dragons of Arabia destroy Babylon with Their Own STAR, ... There were many more books of Esdras hidden

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Ch 11 and 12 - the animal = the 4 beast of Daniel www.sacred-texts.com...
Ch 15
28 Behold an horrible vision, and the appearance thereof from the east:

29 Where the nations of the dragons of Arabia shall come out with many chariots, and the multitude of them shall be carried as the wind upon earth, that all they which hear them may fear and tremble.

35 They shall smite one upon another, and they shall smite down a great multitude of stars upon the earth, even their own star; and blood shall be from the sword unto the belly,

www.sacred-texts.com...

absolutely amazing! That's why it is "apocrypha" because says the things as they are! Their own star...I almost see the Star Wars Death Star coming. Good job, to hide the best book second only to the Revelation! Seems someone in Rome is not interested in that knowledge to be read. And not only in Rome.

I do not know if these events are Now or not!
edit on 3-5-2012 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012newstart
Jesus will return after thousands of years.
First the Gospel must be spread throughout the World, in Greek "Cosmos" (Mark, the end), and what the world meant in that time is a different meaning. They didn't know America. They knew the stars better.
We say today "Universe". It is not this petty planet alone, it is not the aborigines and the Chinese that only await the Gospel. There will be thousands more years given for the Kingdom of God to come among us. It has never come in human history. Never! Or do you think the inquisition and the crusades, the religious wars, etc benefits are part of the kingdom of God?

The Jews haven't accepted the Christ either.
The Antichrist hasn't come yet.
There is much to be accomplished before Jesus comes back. But He will! Only where are we meanwhile and

how do we prepare His coming?
Not with the fat cat bankers (pardon - church goers) who buy their ticket to heaven. If this is the heaven, Jesus would have had a better food and clothing, may be a small palace in Galilee where he would accept delegations of kings, may be a personal friendship with Herod, lectures of Pilate to accept Christianity...pretty much as the church developped some 4 centuries later, inheriting the Roman empire!

The 1000 years is not now because Rev. 20.3 says the nations are not deceived in the 1000 years. Obviously they are still deceived. Jesus returns to reign during the 1000 years.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012newstart
Ch 11 and 12 - the animal = the 4 beast of Daniel www.sacred-texts.com...
Ch 15
28 Behold an horrible vision, and the appearance thereof from the east:

29 Where the nations of the dragons of Arabia shall come out with many chariots, and the multitude of them shall be carried as the wind upon earth, that all they which hear them may fear and tremble.

35 They shall smite one upon another, and they shall smite down a great multitude of stars upon the earth, even their own star; and blood shall be from the sword unto the belly,

www.sacred-texts.com...

absolutely amazing! That's why it is "apocrypha" because says the things as they are! Their own star...I almost see the Star Wars Death Star coming. Good job, to hide the best book second only to the Revelation! Seems someone in Rome is not interested in that knowledge to be read. And not only in Rome.

I do not know if these events are Now or not!
edit on 3-5-2012 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

There are 66 books to God's word. The reason there are 66 is because 6 is the number of Satan and because man loves Satan's ways his number is 6, so the Redemptive Design aims to separate this union.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join