It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Said When He Would Return to the Day

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is the type of discusion that does no one here any good. It is an example of entrenchment of a belief and even that would be OK as long as this entrenched person of a specific belief would have respect for other individuals beliefs.

This is obviously not the case here and even on a board designed for discussion and debate...certain people cannot even respect that aspect. Split Infinity

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parture

1.8 billion Muslims are wrong, for they claim without any evidence six centuries later Jesus never died on the cross..

...yet you claim without evidence that Jesus died on a cross. No evidence it happened. None.

1.8 Billion Muslims are more right than you are.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

What David did was wrong. God never said it was right.

SO, by Davids wrong, it is ok for God to force Davids wife out to be raped by Davids neighbor? David's innocent wife?

God likes rapists?

edit on 3-5-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
This is the type of discusion that does no one here any good. It is an example of entrenchment of a belief and even that would be OK as long as this entrenched person of a specific belief would have respect for other individuals beliefs.

This is obviously not the case here and even on a board designed for discussion and debate...certain people cannot even respect that aspect. Split Infinity

How can you respect lies?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

1.8 billion Muslims are wrong, for they claim without any evidence six centuries later Jesus never died on the cross..

...yet you claim without evidence that Jesus died on a cross. No evidence it happened. None.

1.8 Billion Muslims are more right than you are.

Nothing is more well documented in history than the cross. Even of those 17 non-Christian sources, 12 of them speak of His death on the cross.

1.8 billion Muslims are wrong since you can't come along six centuries later and claim Jesus didn't die on the cross.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

He didn't say he respected the Bible

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

What David did was wrong. God never said it was right.

SO, by Davids wrong, it is ok for God to force Davids wife out to be raped by Davids neighbor? David's innocent wife?

God likes rapists?

edit on 3-5-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

God didn't force anyone. David sinned.

Satan likes to rape. You like Satan. Maybe one day if you are lucky according to you, he will rape you.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

He didn't say he respected the Bible

Hence, he respects lies.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thanks for helping me get my posts up to 150 so I can enter chat.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

1.8 billion Muslims are wrong since you can't come along six centuries later and claim Jesus didn't die on the cross.
They are actually right. There is no proof.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

That's not what the Bible says. Hey, if you want to worship a rapist, that's your problem. Don't force your rapist worshiping ideals on everyone else though.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

They are actually right. There is no proof.

I agree no proof for their claim Jesus didn't die on the cross.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

That's not what the Bible says. Hey, if you want to worship a rapist, that's your problem. Don't force your rapist worshiping ideals on everyone else though.

I am glad you can't get the Scriptures to say what you claim it says. You worship a rapist Satan. You said you worship Satan. I just thought since you worship Satan the rapist, you are probably looking forward to being raped by him.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
17 more posts please.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I am glad you can't get the Scriptures to say what you claim it says.

You mean how it says "Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight." ?? Where God takes Davids wife, gives them to the neighbor to be raped?

Yeah, those scriptures document Gods raping ways real well....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I am glad you can't get the Scriptures to say what you claim it says.

You mean how it says "Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight." ?? Where God takes Davids wife, gives them to the neighbor to be raped?

Yeah, those scriptures document Gods raping ways real well....

God allowing something in His creation to occur is not the same as God doing it. Whereas Satan literally will possess a person to rape another person.

You're a bad guy since you admit you worship Satan.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Since you sanction rape you will go to Hell.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Here's a funny question.

Why do you prefer Satan raping you than your fantasy, misrepresenting God, raping you?

You're a sick #!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
bible.org...

Text
I hope you see how this small selection of ancient non-Christian sources helps corroborate our knowledge of Jesus from the gospels. Of course, there are many ancient Christian sources of information about Jesus as well. But since the historical reliability of the canonical gospels is so well established, I invite you to read those for an authoritative "life of Jesus!"

Notes

1. F. F. Bruce, Jesus and Christian Origins Outside the New Testament (Grand Rapids, Michigan: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1974), 13.
2. Ibid.
3. Ibid.
4. Edwin Yamauchi, quoted in Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan Publishing House, 1998), 82.
5. Tacitus, Annals 15.44, cited in Strobel, The Case for Christ, 82.
6.N.D. Anderson, Christianity: The Witness of History (London: Tyndale, 1969), 19, cited in Gary R. Habermas, The Historical Jesus (Joplin, Missouri: College Press Publishing Company, 1996), 189-190.
7. Edwin Yamauchi, cited in Strobel, The Case for Christ, 82.
8. Pliny, Epistles x. 96, cited in Bruce, Christian Origins, 25; Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 198.
9. Ibid., 27.
10. Pliny, Letters, transl. by William Melmoth, rev. by W.M.L. Hutchinson (Cambridge: Harvard Univ. Press, 1935), vol. II, X:96, cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 199.
11. M. Harris, "References to Jesus in Early Classical Authors," in Gospel Perspectives V, 354-55, cited in E. Yamauchi, "Jesus Outside the New Testament: What is the Evidence?", in Jesus Under Fire, ed. by Michael J. Wilkins and J.P. Moreland (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan Publishing House, 1995), p. 227, note 66.
12. Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 199.
13. Bruce, Christian Origins, 28.
14. Josephus, Antiquities xx. 200, cited in Bruce, Christian Origins, 36.
15. Ibid.
16. Yamauchi, "Jesus Outside the New Testament", 212.
17. Josephus, Antiquities 18.63-64, cited in Yamauchi, "Jesus Outside the New Testament", 212.
18. Ibid.
19. Although time would not permit me to mention it on the radio, another version of Josephus' "Testimonium Flavianum" survives in a tenth-century Arabic version (Bruce, Christian Origins, 41). In 1971, Professor Schlomo Pines published a study on this passage. The passage is interesting because it lacks most of the questionable elements that many scholars believe to be Christian interpolations. Indeed, "as Schlomo Pines and David Flusser...stated, it is quite plausible that none of the arguments against Josephus writing the original words even applies to the Arabic text, especially since the latter would have had less chance of being censored by the church" (Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 194). The passage reads as follows: "At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. His conduct was good and (he) was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. But those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion, and that he was alive; accordingly he was perhaps the Messiah, concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders." (Quoted in James H. Charlesworth, Jesus Within Judaism, (Garden City: Doubleday, 1988), 95, cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 194).
20. Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 202-03.
21. The Babylonian Talmud, transl. by I. Epstein (London: Soncino, 1935), vol. III, Sanhedrin 43a, 281, cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 203.
22. Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 203.
23. See John 8:58-59 and 10:31-33.
24. Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 204. See also John 18:31-32.
25. Matt. 12:24. I gleaned this observation from Bruce, Christian Origins, 56.
26. Luke 23:2, 5.
27. Lucian, The Death of Peregrine, 11-13, in The Works of Lucian of Samosata, transl. by H.W. Fowler and F.G. Fowler, 4 vols. (Oxford: Clarendon, 1949), vol. 4., cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 206

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Parture

Parture is right, God gave satan dominion over the earth, read the book of JOB. everything happens for a reason. It all is God's will.. Then people protest and come and say, well what about the rapists and murders and Children that die, and this and that all over the world.. yes it is still God's will.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join