It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Smithsonian preventing any research into Giants?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
why, because the "official' theory is that mankind is an ape. evolved from an ape. and nothing more than a monkey.

the nephilim are proof of God and the legitimacy of the Bible.

many here on ats will spontaneous combust in front of their computer, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in fire damage as well as the evacuation of their apartment buildings and neighbours, if that were the case and the existence of God was proven.

especially if their religion, the infallible and hijacked scientific process was used to prove it.

well, that that kind of research is prevented, while examining a pile of chimp crap isn't, is proof that God isn't holding mankind back, but some other contrary force is.

I believe in god. But your bible, quite frankly, makes him out to be an arsehole.

No vote from me, sorry.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by CaptainLJB

you spoke of the advantage of keeping evidence hidden so that a particular philosophy couldn't be supported by it. most christians would label me a heretic for my views, yet i would never seek to deny them evidence, even if it backed up their claim.

hate blinds you from seeking truth, and i pity you for it.

No need to pity me. I'm not the guy channeling hate against people, against science, or against this country.
And Jesus knows where I live and I'm all set to take His hand, but he's not offering it.
Prayer doesn't work either.
Maybe I'm just doing it wrong or don't rate high enough on His list.
But what do I know, I've got a one-way ticket to hell when I do (or so I've been Told!).
Seems to me that the people Telling Me this like to Torment me, as though burning forever in Hell in the next life isn't Good Enough for them so they have to pour on the Hate for the remainder of my life in This Life.

This is why I stay the hell away from religion. You can believe whatever you want to, of course. I'm merely speaking my own mind here, and as usual I don't expect Anyone to ever agree 100% with me on Anything.
That's the story of my (pitiful?!) life!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

Why?

Because they have giants chained up in the basement and thats all they need is for people to come pokin around.

Thats nothing, you would not believe the stuff they have in there in crates.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by something wicked

do you actually mean they won't fund research into something for which there is no proof ever existed?

Well , thats like saying we shouldnt fund research to advance technology because there is no proof that it will work.

Everything is Science fiction until its science fact.

If there are many reports of Giant Humans , not just the Bible, thats like saying there are many reports that Electromagnetic properities exist , but we cant prove it. Until we fund it and look for it.

That doesn't mean it's for the Smithsonian to fund (if that is the point of the OP), does it? If I say I believe there were giant rabbits and asked for money to check, they are under no compulsion to give me the money.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

no one ever said it would be easy, only the truth. you've chosen the blue pill.

kids always ask for candy, do you think it would be a good idea for their parents to always oblige?

i feel sad for you because bitterness and hate cloud your judgement.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionStarfire
reply to post by Damrod

As my compatriot CaptainNemo stated so eloquently in regards to Josephus:

Of course Westerners and apologists dismiss the ideas as having no foundation, and being yet another "invention" of the Bible. Just like how they regarded King Herod, until his tomb was discovered in 2007 in the EXACT location Josephus said it was.

I think my source material carries more weight that the pure conjecture of an oral tradition passed down throughout the millennia about neanderthals.

But thanks for your input...

Actually, unless you provide info to review, you are just full of it. And the tomb of Herod is CLAIMED but not proven. Every been to the bad archeology site? If you have source material, share it as most academics do. or just keep talking nonsense - your choice.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
reply to post by OrionStarfire

We've been over this with Easter Island. Analysis revealed that the oldest statues were molded concrete
Could you provide a citation on that, please?

If I'm not mistaken, try here:
www.geopolymer.org...

Not everybody is buying into it...

Despite much reported evidence of the use of zeolitic (geopolymeric) chemistry in the ancient technologies, its promising future in the modern cast-stone technology and as innovative building materials for sustainable development, there is no evidence of use of geopolymeric cement in the pyramid stones. Based on unassailable field evidence in favor of a geologic origin for the pyramid stones, and equally convincing results of the present laboratory studies confirming the “geologic” origin of the casing stone samples from the Great Pyramid of Khufu (originally used as evidence for a man-made origin), the author is convinced that the Egyptian pyramids stand as testament to the unprecedented accuracy, craftsmanship, and engineering skills of the Old Kingdom (2500 BC) stone masons! www.cmc-concrete.com...

Quick edit to say that this is but an interesting sidebar, and we shouldn't derail the thread with it.

edit on 25-4-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
Steven Quayle is a brilliant researcher that has devoted 30+ years into researching Giant legends, encounters, and stories of Nephilim. Researchers and archeologists and anthropologists have even found 12+ foot skeletons. Why is all the research hidden? Why do they never make news stories? I think this 8 part interview with George Noory on C2C AM is totally worth the listen. If this is not the right place for this thread, move it somewhere appropriate mod? Thanks. Enjoy the listen! It is fascinating.

Riddley's Scott Prometheus will raise awareness about the Giants.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I heard this interview a couple of years ago but had to listen to it again.

Thanks for posting. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I went to Steve Quayles site and looking forward to researching what he has up on it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
reply to post by fxtrademark

and why would this be? Because it would essentially validate the Bible?

No, because the Church would seize everything and science, even if its secret and governmental-controlled, would advance not-at-all.

Have you people learned nothing from history? Will you be happy if we enter into another dark age?

Sure, its selfish to hide this information from the pubic, but when has the public ever been more than religious sheep?

More likely than not, were giant bones discovered by the masses they would be destroyed by religious fanatics.

Be grateful that some things remain hidden and protected from the religious insane.
edit on 25-4-2012 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wow this thread kind of exploded between last night and now. I am not saying it would just validate the Bible, it would give validity to almost all cultures legends of giants. However as FaceLiketheSun said, it would throw a huge boulder in the way of the evolutionary chain, and cause questions to be asked. I also believe the Smithsonian has been sent bones, but they always end up in the basement and are never examined. Poke around people, you can find many, many credible stories of giant skeletons being found, and even a few pictures of bones (yes it is obvious you should disregard the obvious fakes, since their are some.) Stop being so close minded. It is ridiculous when people just absolutely deny something, just because it goes against their current knowledge. There are alot of things in the world that cannot be explained, and are not hoaxes. Stop being so hard headed. Accept reality with an open mind, and that includes things you cannot understand. Look into it before being so stubborn, and I mean extensive research.... and I did not have time to read every comment, but whoever say Steve Quayle is a joke. His amount of research speaks for itself. Granted he has some crazy ideas, but much of his research is sound.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Maybe the people who write the history books don't want to make a revision, so they keep out those people that we can truly "look up to"

edit on 25-4-2012 by DevineWisdom because: misspelled something

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DevineWisdom

Maybe! Hopefully someday, I will come back to ATS. With definitive prove. Pictures that cannot be disproved. Honestly, everything around us, connects in some way. Giants connect to UFO's, New World Order, Conspiracies, and everything. You research one and you are bound to stumble upon the rest.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You're a simple fool. Think about it for even a minute beyond conspiracy theories and you'll understand. If, and that is a big IF, there was fossil evidence for a class of hominid of gigantic human-like form in the archeology it would have been studied ad nauseam. Why? Because any number of young PhDs could easily make his or her fortune on the finds and because there are far more people who would want to make the discovery known that it could never be 'hushed up'.
That said, now think about what fossil evidence that is found really means. For instance, there are legends of cyclops and giants in many European nations dating back thousands of years. When paleontologists and real archeologists investigate they find bones that are clearly mammoth, mastodon, or some other large Ice Age creature - almost always not a hominid at all - and even sometimes various animal remains laid together through nature or perhaps even with human help. Look at the skull of a modern elephant or its ice Age counterparts and stories of giant cyclopes suddently make sense. Look at the various leg bones and it is also easy to understand why people who lived long before science was dreamt of would make such mistakes.
The key thing to take away- you live in a modern, fully inter-connected world with a wealth of actual information that can be verified and believed. Stop acting like you've never seen the inside of an actual library.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Why does everything come down to a bible argument? Like a previous member before me said, there is tons, if not more folklore/mythology about giants in other cultures and written documents than just the Bible. The Bible is just a very old source for these type of accounts. I do believe there could have been tribes or races of giants, whether a natural product of genetics gone crazy or some sort intervention type theory with angels ( gods ) or aliens is up for everyone to decide individually. It's quite intriguing though, has anyone ever read Ender's Shadow? Good book series but there is an element to the story somewhat related this topic where this boy has a genetic condition that not only allows his brain to keep learning and be incredibly smart but he also has the misfortune of his body doing the same. He continues to grow and grow until his body becomes to much of a stress on his heart, bones, and other internal organs and will die at young age of around 25. In order to prolong his life for a couple more crucial years he must go into space where there is no gravity which will alleviate his conditions for awhile.. Moral of the story, the fabric of life, DNA/Genetics is an amazing field of Science and nature.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MarksThoughts

Ok then. I will just believe everything I am told. And never question anything... You are a fool for not reading the evidence, and believing that it is POSSIBLE such a thing exists. I bet they said the same thing about the Coelecanth.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarksThoughts

You're a simple fool. Think about it for even a minute beyond conspiracy theories and you'll understand. If, and that is a big IF, there was fossil evidence for a class of hominid of gigantic human-like form in the archeology it would have been studied ad nauseam. Why? Because any number of young PhDs could easily make his or her fortune on the finds and because there are far more people who would want to make the discovery known that it could never be 'hushed up'.
That said, now think about what fossil evidence that is found really means. For instance, there are legends of cyclops and giants in many European nations dating back thousands of years. When paleontologists and real archeologists investigate they find bones that are clearly mammoth, mastodon, or some other large Ice Age creature - almost always not a hominid at all - and even sometimes various animal remains laid together through nature or perhaps even with human help. Look at the skull of a modern elephant or its ice Age counterparts and stories of giant cyclopes suddently make sense. Look at the various leg bones and it is also easy to understand why people who lived long before science was dreamt of would make such mistakes.
The key thing to take away- you live in a modern, fully inter-connected world with a wealth of actual information that can be verified and believed. Stop acting like you've never seen the inside of an actual library.

I would be inclined to agree with you, primitive people and cultures come up with fantastic explanations for things they can't explain. Giants being one of them. There is a lot of bogus and fake giant related material on the net, it becomes debunked but then someone new to the theory or field rediscovers it for the first time without reading into the other side of the argument or analyzing evidence otherwise and boom, it goes viral again. With that being said though the reverse is true as well, debunkers come across something already torn apart but don't take time to break it down and analyze each piece of information or supporting evidence and just call the whole thing fake. There is evidence even today of abnormally tall people in society, considering some cultures could have had an average short stature and measured differently this could easily account for giant stories. I hardly think we need to insult each other though for exploring an idea.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Actually the existence of the Herodium is general consensus amongst the academic community, Its easy to find on a simple google search, here what Wikipedia states about it:

The location of Herod's tomb is documented by Josephus, who writes, "And the body was carried two hundred furlongs, to Herodium, where he had given order to be buried."[46] Josephus provides more clues about Herod's tomb which he calls Herod's monuments:

So they threw down all the hedges and walls which the inhabitants had made about their gardens and groves of trees, and cut down all the fruit trees that lay between them and the wall of the city, and filled up all the hollow places and the chasms, and demolished the rocky precipices with iron instruments; and thereby made all the place level from Scopus to Herod's monuments, which adjoined to the pool called the Serpent's Pool.[47]

Professor Ehud Netzer, an archaeologist from Hebrew University, read the writings of Josephus and focused his search on the vicinity of the pool and its surroundings at the Winter Palace of Herod in the Judean desert. An article of the New York Times states,

Lower Herodium consists of the remains of a large palace, a race track, service quarters, and a monumental building whose function is still a mystery. Perhaps, says Ehud Netzer, who excavated the site, it is Herod's mausoleum. Next to it is a pool, almost twice as large as modern Olympic-size pools.[48]

It took 35 years for Netzer to identify the exact location, but on May 7, 2007, an Israeli team of archaeologists of the Hebrew University led by Netzer, announced they had discovered the tomb.[49][50][51][52] The site is located at the exact location given by Flavius Josephus, atop of tunnels and water pools, at a flattened desert site, halfway up the hill to Herodium, 12 kilometers (7.5 mi) south of Jerusalem.[53] The tomb contained a broken sarcophagus but no remains of a body.

*Anyway I don't really give a **** about Harods tomb and I'm not here to argue the validity of the Bible, but of the many historical accounts of Giants in just about every ancient culture of antiquity. Coupled with the weird disappearances of skeletal remains like that of Lord Pakal Votan and you have what smells like a stinking conspiracy to hide the truth. After over a decade of study on this matter I have come to believe that both accepted scientific theories on the origins of civilization and even non conventional theories like ancient astronaut theory are hoaxes to cover up the real truth discovered by Aryanists and Nazi Archeologists during the early 20th century. Subverting the truth of the Proto-Aryan (nephilim, annunaki, titan, etc.) origins of civilization is the utmost goal of the ZOG NWO, so as to prevent a resurgence of western and northern European pride in our heritage and the forgotten history...that our race is directly descended from the ancient masters of the world.

If you did not read my earlier posts on this thread, my views about ancient Caucasian Giants is explained in detail...

*cue the "your just a stupid racist" rants.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Why is everyone talking bout the bible... He's using the bible as a historic background because yes the bible is historical book about the past with worth while information and wisdom... But many books have been left out of the bible after the organization of the "church" ...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarksThoughts

Don't you think we Know This?

The whole point is that this is Not what has been happening throughout history in the case of Giants!

These things are discovered, sent to the Smithsonian or wherever--and they Disappear off the face of the Earth!
Or the cave they're found in is sealed for no bloody good reason. Then we hear that they're hoaxes.

Over and over again. The same pattern. Dating back to the 19th Century, especially right around in my area of the U.S. Despite all these witnesses and documentation, news reports...it's the same story.

Now you ask yourself: Is there some sort of psychological Compulsion to run out and Create giant skeletons to trick people?

Yeah, Some photos are fakes, but that's only a small fraction, as in UFO photographs. You can't wipe the entire phenomena out though because of a few fakes!

If you've studied it as long as I have, it's obvious to me that there's a massive cover-up. More to the point, unlike with the UFO phenomena, I believe there's far more substantial evidence out there to Prove that there actually is an ongoing cover-up here.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join