It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Smithsonian preventing any research into Giants?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Steven Quayle is a brilliant researcher that has devoted 30+ years into researching Giant legends, encounters, and stories of Nephilim. Researchers and archeologists and anthropologists have even found 12+ foot skeletons. Why is all the research hidden? Why do they never make news stories? I think this 8 part interview with George Noory on C2C AM is totally worth the listen. If this is not the right place for this thread, move it somewhere appropriate mod? Thanks. Enjoy the listen! It is fascinating.

EDIT: Watch all 8 Parts. Don't expect to just watch the first part and then call it a hoax. All the information is presented throughout.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Dextraphite because: more info

EDIT 2: The pictures are in no way associated with the radio show, they are put there to fill the empty space of the YouTube video and give you something to look at. Do not judge the video by the pictures, they are CLEARLY a bunch in there that are hoaxes. Disregard them.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Dextraphite because: More information... again.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The truth needs to be kept hidden.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fxtrademark

and why would this be? Because it would essentially validate the Bible?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've been studying the Giant cover-up for years now. All I can say is that they don't fit into the established paradign and would raise too many questions. Questions which would perhaps lead to "unfortunate" answers and conclusions. For one it would give a certain amount of leverage to the Jesus freaks who believe the bible to be the word of god simply because Giants are mentioned therein. For another, it would raise the Origin question of Giants and that could evoke anything from justification of space alien interbreeding to a search for polar openings ("The Smokey God" comes to mind!). It would also give validity to certain cryptozoological critters. In my opinion, Bigfoot and friends are feral offshoots of these Giants. They are in fact Intelligent beings (despite the fur!) and extremely xenophobic. Enough to keep their distance from Humans. They probably dwell in caves and underground chambers far from us guys...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

True. It would lend a certain amount of truth to the Bible however. Since these beings are essentially a Biblical thing brought to life. I am super interested in it. Interesting stuff that they have been active until the 1890's... where did they go?

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
why, because the "official' theory is that mankind is an ape. evolved from an ape. and nothing more than a monkey.

the nephilim are proof of God and the legitimacy of the Bible.

many here on ats will spontaneous combust in front of their computer, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in fire damage as well as the evacuation of their apartment buildings and neighbours, if that were the case and the existence of God was proven.

especially if their religion, the infallible and hijacked scientific process was used to prove it.

well, that that kind of research is prevented, while examining a pile of chimp crap isn't, is proof that God isn't holding mankind back, but some other contrary force is.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Darn it! Youtube no worky with new Blackberry

I was reading up on Quale a few months back, can't remember much of it now though...any chance you can fill me in? There are giant skelingtons, fact? How many? Any official accounts of this? Or it it an eleborate hoax?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Considering that the video doesn't give much more information, I'm inclined to go with the fact that it is a hoax. National Geographic did an article on the topic and talked about how in this particular case, it was a well made hoax.

Another good resource for these doctored images can be seen here. I'm all for giants, but don't believe everything you read in a YouTube video.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Official accounts. Hundreds of skeletons have been found throughout history. Their are even accounts of people interacting with tribes of 9+ft tall men up to the 1890's. You can Google it there are even some pictures of huge skeletons (just be careful of the hoax pictures.) It is hard to explain it all briefly. But yes, there is proof, but non of it ever gets media attention. Ever. This is Quayles website.... hope it works on your blackberry! It contains all the research, but it is a Christian site... if that stops you or anything. I am a Christian but I know some people just are so vehement to anything Christian.... so. Just a warning

Steven Quayle

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Baalam

Watch the entire series and visit Steven Quayles website. It gives a lot more information, and it is not JUST about ONE occurrence that was a hoax. Sure, there are many hoaxes, but also many valid accounts. This is not just based off of one occurrence.
StevenQuayle.com

+35 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Oh for the love of Christ, please quit shaming Christ and other Christians by not using your God given common sense and logic. Proof of giants would only validate the bible as much as it would validate any mythology or folklore which mention giants, such as the Polytheistic Greek myths, or Jack and the Beanstalk.

And idk where you got the idea that proof of giants would somehow also disprove the fact that we descend from apes. All giants really are is overgrown humans, like a Coy is a overgrown goldfish. Same family of animals, but with a few basic building blocks differing just enough so they're built bigger, smaller, longer or shorter.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
reply to post by Baalam

Watch the entire series and visit Steven Quayles website. It gives a lot more information, and it is not JUST about ONE occurrence that was a hoax. Sure, there are many hoaxes, but also many valid accounts. This is not just based off of one occurrence.
StevenQuayle.com

Allow me to reiterate, I don't need to watch the entire series because in the first few minutes alone there are clearly doctored photographs.

Here's an article with more pictures.

It is mathematically impossible that these creatures existed, in accordance to the square-cube law. I believe giants are possible, but you're simply regurgitating false information.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RatoAstuto

This is true, it would lend some veracity to at least ancient Bible stories however, as long as veracity to all the rest of the myths that are from other folk tales, ancient civilizations, etc. But, it would be the first step to proving the Book of Enoch and the Flood account true, which I do not necessarily believe can be proven true, but it would help.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Baalam

Reason for the false pictures. This is a radio show, there were no pictures, and they are in no way associated with the show. A very few are from the website itself, however I saw the pictures also, there are many false, hoax pictures in there. The person who put the interview on youtube took all these from the internet and put them to the radio show in order to have something to look at. Your argument is invalid.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
bibical, not alien at all

That is if you accept the fact that angels are real extra-dimensional entities, which would in fact throw an angel as a catagorical "alien".

Not saying that grays don't exist either

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Baalam

And yes I am familiar with that hoax from Greece. They are CLEARLY false and doctored. But like I said the person who made the video uploaded random pictures to fill the space. Its a common practice for radio interviews uploaded onto youtube.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Reason for the false pictures. This is a radio show, there were no pictures, and they are in no way associated with the show.

It seems like if you knew that beforehand, you'd of mentioned that when making it the prime focus of the OP considering it was the only visual aid you provided to us. Steve Quayle's website was only posted later on once the claims were challenged.

I'd be interested in your rebuttal to my reference of the square-cube law. Inform us at ATS as to how this mathematical principle is suddenly flawed.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Baalam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baalam

Here's an article with more pictures.

It is mathematically impossible that these creatures existed, in accordance to the square-cube law. I believe giants are possible, but you're simply regurgitating false information.

I thought the photos were just aesthetic, not like everyone gonna believe in everything they see

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Baalam

I have no clue. I will research it, but it is fair to ascertain that by some way that was made irrelevant? Possibly genetic engineering, stronger bone structure, etc. Good point, but it is safe to say since their are historical records indicating that there have been entities at least 9 feet tall, and the Indians even have tales of a race of giants that they conquered in the North, that their is some truth to it. And skeletons have indeed been found that

Indian Legends

Some stories with details of size

More accounts and some bones (non hoax)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Yes I agree with you there. I ascertained that as soon as I started listening.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join