It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Smithsonian preventing any research into Giants?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Eh cause of the connection to the Nephilim. I don't know why everyone takes so much offence when the Bible is brought up, however.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
reply to post by lupr3

They died out because they could not exist in our environment. Or perhaps I should say that Most of them died out. I do believe that the Yeti and other "beasts" are related in some way. No Bigfoot bones were ever found either (maybe they bury their dead or drag them back into their caves?). The story goes that they were carnivores (thus the double-rows of teeth present in many of these species) and literally ate themselves to death.

Hey there!

They 'died' cuz most of the Earth has REPEATEDLY been absolutely devastated. (Read Velikovsky if you have ANY interest in the facts.).

What few 'giants' (and humans
) survived were steadily hunted down and killed by humans. Maybe it got by you guys... that's what humans do.

Kill. (And breed like rats.
)

For you guys that are apparently slow on the uptake that's what ALL of the government institutions do... The OPPOSITE of what their publicly declared charters proclaim.

The Smithsonian's primary purpose is to maintain/protect the constant stream of vanilla NONSENSE that is fed to us!

Making the world safe for us simpletons, one disappeared artifact at a time.

There are MANY first hand accounts (including on ATS! ) of their 'operatives' making stuff disappear.

Their duties aren't limited to just 'giants'.

Look... ACTUALLY LOOK! at the most famous 'dinosaur'... T-Rex.

It is a TOTAL fake!

I LOVE those hand tits...

It was actually a FLYING creature. With enormous wings and a gigantic wing span!

My... Fairly reminiscent of... OMG! Doesn't that look like a dragon?

WHO do you think is in charge of making sure those kind of things NEVER comes to light?

Hmm.....

It starts with the letters... Smithsonian.

(Dragons? Another Biblical link... Will it NEVER end!)

And now my favorite part...

Originally posted by Baalam
It is mathematically impossible that these creatures existed, in accordance to the square-cube law. I believe giants are possible, but you're simply regurgitating false information.

Great thread! AND a math problem to boot...

Woohoo!!

Please do share with us... in your own words (
) EXACTLY how it isn't 'mathematically' possible for these creatures to exist.

(I promised my grandmother that I wouldn't torment the 'less fortunate' kids... But in your case, Mr. 'false information' , I'm sure my departed grandmother wouldn't mind.
)

Oh! This is TOO much fun!

Thanks for the thread Dextraphite.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpine

You are absolutely right, and a few were taken out which specifically speak of Giant, the book of Enoch and the description of the watchers therein, also the dead sea scroll book called "the Book of Giants", which retells and elaborates on the exploits of the giants, especially the two children of Shemihaza, Ohya and Hahya. Since no complete manuscript exists of Giants, its exact contents and their order remain a matter of guesswork. Most of the content of the present fragments concerns the giants' ominous dreams and Enoch's efforts to interpret them and to intercede with God on the giants' behalf. Unfortunately, little remains of the independent adventures of the giants, but it is likely that these tales were at least partially derived from ancient Near Eastern mythology. Thus the name of one of the giants is Gilgamesh, the Babylonian hero and subject of a great epic written in the third millennium B.C.E.

Interesting that all of the books attributed to Enoch were deemed heresy by the early catholic church...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Your welcome my fine person! I do love your style of commenting. It is almost humorous sounding, yet serious. One of my friends talks in the same way online. It is very enjoyable to read, and yet condescending to whomever it is directed, yet at the same time intelligent. Hahaha love it

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just a quick check on the web, and i found approx 80 names of REAL People and their photographs, that have lived in the past 100 years that are between 7 foot 7" and 8 foot tall.

Yes some are hyper growth hormone people, some are genetically giant, but its not hard to understand that if a 7' 10" male bred with a 7' 1" female that genetics may provide for a 8-9' offspring.

The African pygmys are small because they bred within their genetic pool. smallness.
Masai are tall (most over 6 foot), because they bred within their genetic pool....Tallness.

Also we are told that humans now are taller than previous generations. We still find some races small, some Asians, many Indians are small people.
Imagine several 1000 years ago if everyone was an average 5' 3" or so , and a 6' 5" in proportion person turned up, they would easily be considered a Giant amongst the rest.

Giants up to 15 feet tall would be exceptional, but not unimaginable.
There is, after all, proof of Gigantopithecus...the Huge 10' Gorilla/Ape/Bigfoot???
Note the current big ape (Mountain gorilla) is roughly human size.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionStarfire

Anak doesn't translate to Enoch but may be a reconfig of the word Annunaki. Now that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarksThoughts
reply to post by Dextraphite

You're a simple fool. Think about it for even a minute beyond conspiracy theories and you'll understand. If, and that is a big IF, there was fossil evidence for a class of hominid of gigantic human-like form in the archeology it would have been studied ad nauseam. Why? Because any number of young PhDs could easily make his or her fortune on the finds and because there are far more people who would want to make the discovery known that it could never be 'hushed up'.
That said, now think about what fossil evidence that is found really means. For instance, there are legends of cyclops and giants in many European nations dating back thousands of years. When paleontologists and real archeologists investigate they find bones that are clearly mammoth, mastodon, or some other large Ice Age creature - almost always not a hominid at all - and even sometimes various animal remains laid together through nature or perhaps even with human help. Look at the skull of a modern elephant or its ice Age counterparts and stories of giant cyclopes suddently make sense. Look at the various leg bones and it is also easy to understand why people who lived long before science was dreamt of would make such mistakes.
The key thing to take away- you live in a modern, fully inter-connected world with a wealth of actual information that can be verified and believed. Stop acting like you've never seen the inside of an actual library.

Hey guys!

(Back again.
)

'Simple fool'? (I couldn't get past this one... I am SO easily goaded!
)

Oh sigh!

I had heard rumors of this absurdly gigantic intellect, all-seeing and apparently all-knowing, that was roaming the halls here at ATS and its a great honor to met you MarksThoughts...

Though I probably just look like a tiny dot looking down on yet another 'simple fool' from your ivory tower all enveloped in your little pipe dream where young PhDs roam the halls, filtering the contents of your obviously modern, fully inter-connected libraries to simple folk li....

[SLAP!]

Reality calling bro.

You've had a massive overdose of circular logic!

(It's not 'KNOWN', so it can't POSSIBLY exist?
)

No! Don't go to the light!

Whew... I thought we had lost you...

Luckily Dr. Dextraphite and nurse golemina are here to help you down oh so gently. And help you with your recovery.

You should try to come into the REAL world...

You don't believe in 'giants'...I CAN dig it.

Psst. Big secret. Do NOT let anyone else know about this. Swear?

Go to the Ohio River Valley. Dig in ANY of those mounds.

Guess what you will find there?

edit on 25-4-2012 by golemina because: Typos!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Spontaneous human combustion doesn't cause fire damadge. Also if another religion has giant stories does that mean that their religion is also the only true religion.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by n00byn00b

Yes well this has been pointed out many times in this thread already. I wander what any forum mods have to say about this topic?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The government has always wanted to keep the truth away from us. I believe the giants were real. How do you think early humans were able to evolve into.what we are today? Sure.part of it was time but we also needed a bit of help which came from the giants

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

Sure! I mean that is one way to look at it. I do believe they were real however, and maybe someday I can prove it!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

I think 50 feet dinosaurs weighing over 50 tons is proof of giants!So it's not far fetched like a lot of people believe.

Now it's just proving whether or not there were giant humans!There are humans that are over 7 feet tall!You have to wonder where the Gigantism disease comes from.Maybe over the years humans shrank?Maybe gravity has changed over the years and caused us to shrink?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Steve Quayle is a quack who many times in the past tells everyone terrorist attacks are about to happen, before listening to what he says about giants, people should read up on HIM first.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Giants DO show up in other mythologies besides just the bible too you know.

this is alway my problem with threads or articles on giants, on the one hand, giant people seem interesting, but on the otherhand, such threads always have a knack of only focusing on biblical giants and ignoring other cultures take on giants. Even thread on dragons don't do that.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00byn00b
reply to post by randomname

Spontaneous human combustion doesn't cause fire damadge. Also if another religion has giant stories does that mean that their religion is also the only true religion.

Thank you, that's always what irritates the hell out of me with these threads.
I want to make a religion that mentions Bigfoot once, so when they finally find Bigfoot I can say 'look! my religion's the only true one!"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
That was an amazing interview. I'm impressed by the vast amount of giant related information Steve Quayle has uncovered despite the obvious efforts of the conspirators to hide the basic facts of human history from the general public.

Thumbs up for the video link OP!

It irritates me that the establishment pulls the same BS that they do with crop circles. They get one case of obvious hoaxing or in the giants case some nice photo shopped fake giant pictures, and suddenly the establishment call hoax on ALL cases. They would like to make it nice and black and white, so the sheep just forget about it but really the truth is in that grey area. Sure there are some hoaxes and fakes, but that does not mean that some of these giants found around the world are 100% genuine.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baalam

Originally posted by Dextraphite
reply to post by Baalam

It is mathematically impossible that these creatures existed, in accordance to the square-cube law.

Doesnt mathematics and or physics also say that bees CAN'T fly? correct me if im wrong plz someone because i'm no mathematician haha. just pretty sure ive heard it somewhere... how do i take me reply out of the quote box? :| mod fix please ?

edit on 26-4-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
Eh cause of the connection to the Nephilim. I don't know why everyone takes so much offence when the Bible is brought up, however.

because anytime the bible is brought up, it's the only source ever used, any other culture's myths or legends pertaining to giants is then ignored so people can point to big bones and say 'look! the bible is true!"

it's like if octopi were heavily mentioned in the bible, and people kept harping on the existence of octopi proving it's true, and ignoring all the other cultures that had legends, myths, or art with octopi.

or the Piaza, if it were in the bible, people would focus on that, and ignore the native american myth where the piaza originates

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lupr3
reply to post by notquiteright

They found multiple skeletons in the cave in Nevada... They were preserved well in bat guano..

BIngo~!

Here's a google support for yas
thx !
Human Giants of Nevada

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gren

Ah this is true. I tend to look at things from a biblical perspective, because I am a Christian, however I do believe it would give evidence not only for the Bible, but also myths, legends, and traditions of various cultures and civilizations. I believe the Bible says what they truly are, but I like to study them from a historical perspective, and how they interacted with other cultures. Specifically Native Americans...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join