It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any religion based on Jesus work?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

well, im jewish.

i think its a little tiny bit harsh.... or maybe im just nice lol.

but hey, im sure Jesus was a really nice guy, but i didn't know him, and i don't know where to find him now... so...

ya get me? peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
If one believes Jesus, that is all we will be judged for., our sins are at the bottom of the sea and God can't see them anymore......not paraphrased.

John 3:16 says that those who believe in Jesus will not perish but have everlasting life...yet there are other verses where Jesus tells people who believe in him to "depart from me for I never knew you". Who was he talking to at that moment? People who cast out demons in his name, did miracles in his name, and prophesied in his name. Matthew 7:22. How could those people do those things if they didn't believe in Jesus? Yet, they were told to depart from him.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Wow! Way to go out of context there. I believe if you actually read that entire passage you would clearly see who Jesus was speaking about. Heck, if you had simply quoted just a little bit more you would have found your answer, or better yet you could simply utilize some sort of search engine to arrive at the logical conclusion. I am not attempting to sound rude although I can see how that may be, so I apologize in advance. It just blows my mind that you would have quoted something without reading that section of material in its entirety. Simply seems lazy compared to some of the things I have seen from you.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Because Jesus works it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The USA was founded,in part on religious freedom.
To each his own.
And with that,each person voicing they're religious views should be respected in that.
My view.
Religion is a tool used to gain control,to calm down the instinctive evils that run deep with in our species.
Without that control,we would be nothing more than a bunch of hairless apes.
Raping and killing would be our demise and we would not have achieved the level we have today.
But,religions take many forms.
Both hateful and peaceful.
That,my friend ,is a dangerous tool to weld.
To incite violence based on religious teachings or peaceful intent,helping your fellow man is the goal in which we should strive for.
There are peaceful Muslims and violent Muslims,There are peaceful Christians and violent Christians.
What is needed is to take out the extremism out of those concepts and come to a common ground.
We,as a human species,are all in this together.
There will be a day when we will come to this.
It will be a day when our humanity depends on it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theangrypea
OK I just wanted to get this out there correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus was Jewish right?
Then how can any religion other than Judaism be correct if Jesus was Jewish surely that means the only right religion is Judaism right?
anyway let me know your thoughts and sorry if this post seemed very stupid but I haven't heard anyone speak about this before...

No, Yashayah was a Gallilean, not a judean
Hope this helps
edit on 24-4-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

What's the significant diffrence? Please explain

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
reply to post by fourthmeal

well, im jewish.

i think its a little tiny bit harsh.... or maybe im just nice lol.

but hey, im sure Jesus was a really nice guy, but i didn't know him, and i don't know where to find him now... so...

ya get me? peace.

You can find him here... Matthew 3

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timical
Wow! Way to go out of context there. I believe if you actually read that entire passage you would clearly see who Jesus was speaking about. Heck, if you had simply quoted just a little bit more you would have found your answer, or better yet you could simply utilize some sort of search engine to arrive at the logical conclusion. I am not attempting to sound rude although I can see how that may be, so I apologize in advance. It just blows my mind that you would have quoted something without reading that section of material in its entirety. Simply seems lazy compared to some of the things I have seen from you.
Could you be more specific as to what you are talking about?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Text
Most modern historians agree that Jesus existed and was a Jewish teacher from Galilee in Roman Judaea, who was baptized by John the Baptist, and was crucified in Jerusalem on the orders of the Roman Prefect, Pontius Pilate.[20][21][22][8] Scholars have offered competing descriptions and portraits of Jesus, which at times share a number of overlapping attributes, such as a rabbi, a charismatic healer, the leader of an apocalyptic movement, a self-described Messiah, a sage and philosopher, or a social reformer who preached of the "Kingdom of God" as a means for personal and egalitarian social transformation.[23][24][25][26]
Christians traditionally believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, performed miracles, founded the Church, died sacrificially to achieve atonement, rose from the dead, and ascended into heaven, from which he will return.[12] The majority of Christians worship Jesus as the incarnation of God the Son, and the Second Person of the Holy Trinity.[27] A few Christian groups, however, reject Trinitarianism, wholly or partly, believing it to be non-scriptural.[27][28] Most Christian scholars today present Jesus as the awaited Messiah promised in the Old Testament and as God,[29] arguing that he fulfilled many Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament.[30]
Judaism rejects the belief that Jesus was the awaited Messiah, arguing that he did not fulfill the Messianic prophecies in the Tanakh.[31] In Islam, Jesus (in Arabic: عيسى‎ in Islamic usage, commonly transliterated as Isa) is considered one of God's important prophets,[32][33] a bringer of scripture, and the product of a virgin birth, but not the victim of crucifixion.[34] Islam and the Bahá'í Faith use the title "Messiah" for Jesus,[35][36] but do not teach that he was God incarnate.
In its Nativity account, the Gospel of Matthew associates the birth of Jesus with the reign of Herod the Great, who is generally believed to have died around 4 BC/BCE.[19][71] Matthew 2:1 states that: "Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king" and Luke 1:5 mentions the reign of Herod shortly before the birth of Jesus.[19] Matthew also suggests that Jesus may have been as much as two years old at the time of the visit of the Magi and hence even older at the time of Herod's death.[72] But the author of Luke also describes the birth as taking place during the first census of the Roman provinces of Syria and Iudaea, which is generally believed to have occurred in 6 AD/CE.[73] Most scholars generally assume a date of birth between 6 and 4 BC/BCE.[74] Other scholars assume that Jesus was born sometime between 7–2 BC/BCE

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

All talk about J no action.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
John 3:16 says that those who believe in Jesus will not perish but have everlasting life...yet there are other verses where Jesus tells people who believe in him to "depart from me for I never knew you". Who was he talking to at that moment?

Originally posted by GBP/JPY

I am sad now. "depart from me for I never knew you" is in Mathew, Three books later this is clarified. Jesus predicted that some would claim His name but deny Him by their actions. He said they would "call Me 'Lord, Lord,'" but "not do the things which I say" (Luke 6:46). Christ and His apostles spoke of false prophets, false apostles and false brethren. Same principle as "I am a vegetarian, however I eat meat". Say one thing, but do another. Simply stated, if one claims to be a Christian but disregards the teachings and the demonstration there of, then they are no more a Christian than a dog is a fish.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Timical because: Funny, appraently I do not know how to quote. I will work on it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

And?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Text
reply to post by InTheLight

Benjamin H. Freedman, Jewish Historian - Researcher - Scholar.

www.biblebelievers.org....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Did you ever listen to anyone else?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Did you ever listen to anyone else?

Yes, do you always type short posts?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

And what??? Hydroman had a question that I replied to, hence the chopped up quote job. Did you miss the part of who I was replying to?('
')

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timical
I am sad now. "depart from me for I never knew you" is in Mathew, Three books later this is clarified. Jesus predicted that some would claim His name but deny Him by their actions. He said they would "call Me 'Lord, Lord,'" but "not do the things which I say" (Luke 6:46). Christ and His apostles spoke of false prophets, false apostles and false brethren. Same principle as "I am a vegetarian, however I eat meat". Say one thing, but do another. Simply stated, if one claims to be a Christian but disregards the teachings and the demonstration there of, then they are no more a Christian than a dog is a fish.

I'm not sure if this is your quote because it was kind of messed up. But, here's what I'm saying. John 3:16 says that whoever believes in Jesus will not perish, but have everlasting life. Plain and simple. It doesn't say anything about being a christian.

Yet, in Matthew 7 we see people who cast out demons in Jesus's name, prophesied in his name, and did marvelous works in his name. How could these people do those things if they didn't believe in Jesus? Jesus even said that satan wouldn't cast out demons because a house divided against itself can't stand. So, imo, these people believed in Jesus, yet were sent away. The kicker here is that John 3:16 must not be telling the whole story, you must have something else besides belief in Jesus to keep you from perishing because he sent those others away who believed in him.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Do you mean succint? Just like Jesus.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Do you mean succint? Just like Jesus.

That is your interpretation how he spoke; however, he had some substance to his message unlike yourself. If Jesus conveyed as little information of substance that you are currently providing the board he would be in violation of terms of service and his account terminated

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join