It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any religion based on Jesus work?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
As always it's the 'Ego's' battling about again. Since it happened 2000 + - years ago and all we have is the Bible in the form of the Old testament and New testament, it follows that our information comes from the prophecies of the Old testament to establish the 'Messiah' ie. Jesus Christ. Those who followed Jesus became known as Christians or followers of Christ. At the birth of Jesus he instead of being a Jew, became the Messiah, the fulfillment of Old testament prophecy. Those who followed were then not encumbered by Jewish teachings or Judaism, they were superseded by the teachings of GOD the Messiah JESUS. It was simply a NEW covenant. The Old covenant became fulfilled and the New covenant began with Jesus. His teachings became 'Christianity' it's that simple. What people have done since that beginning is immaterial to Christianity. Christianity is a NEW BEGINNING. Accept it or not, it still is the Word of God and mans choice will not diminish the Word.

Word, God, Jesus, Christ, I Am, Alpha Omega, all mean the same, and in fact there are more names that point to the divinity and creator, they are multiple.

Really the bottom line here on ATS..... There will be no shortage of those determined to attack any form of religion. It has become sport. Frankly, Christians are told to spread the 'word' but if met with resistance, to pick up, knock the dust off their sandals and proceed to the next city to proclaim Christs teachings. Those unwilling to hear and follow Christs teachings have made their choice, simply they will not be included in His Kingdom since it was their choice and they declined.

The rants of man no matter how clever will be of little value in the end.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
WWRDS?

What
Would
Richard
Dawkins
Say
?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have been away long enough to come back to this thread and notice all the different versions of "Jesus".

At first I was saddened by the lack of knowledge different posters have used. For a short time I felt like I was in church witnessing the dogma that has chastised us for over 2000 years.

When Jesus reincarnated in the Judaism error he actually came on the scene when there was a lot of control and wars. The complete collection of the Dead Sea Scrolls describes these times before Jesus.

He was born into an Essene Jewish home....

He was a free thinker and He didn't belong to a religion. He belonged to a secret society for the sake of teaching before he was crucified to get The Word out which was the word of Truth.

He walked the Earth, talked about God, healed people, and was/is The Love shown to us by God himself. Still to this day people reject his message, including Christians. Jesus was not a Christian!!!! He didn't start nor want a new religion in His name as his ego was not in the way of His Love for us. He was a selfless teacher.

Back in his day there was no church's. Sin was not a word he used. The devil was not a word he used. When he spoke of God he spoke of the "father".

For one to say they love and follow Jesus.... first you have to get to know who he was and how his brothers and sisters described him.

When one person reads an ancient text... take just one sentence of an ancient text and try not to modernize it for it was written thousands of years ago. The language was not the same. Then.... translating one word to English... You have confusion.

This is WHY Jesus says the Father is within all of us and us in Him. The ONLY way to find God is to seek within your heart the goodness he provides us. The air we breathe is because of Him. The Word sent off a vibration that does not cease. This vibration alone is the reason all life forms exist. Dust is alive...

When studying the creation one must study the creation of the entire Universe.

God IS geometry, music, and anything else that inspires us and shows us his loving light. Why else do you think we "see". We feel the music don't we? God is everywhere.... look outside the box of man from which the Bible was derived. Take from it Truth and leave the rest of man behind. God is in fact in the Bible but so is a lot of darkness. Decipher with a pure heart of Truth and answers will follow that lead you on a path to a True discovery of the Word.

He (God) is the Spoken Word first and foremost. For a Christian this is simple and doesn't require deciphering. They are told The Word is the Bible. Its not so though... not at all.

What is a word? What does it do? Seek beyond the beast thats within and discover the light Jesus speaks of. Once this is had the Beast within becomes nothing because the light will consume it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by manna2

What's the significant diffrence? Please explain

A Judean comes from Judah.
A Gallilean comes from Gallile.
A Texan comes from Texas, A New Yorker comes from NY.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Originally posted by Viking9019
Despite popular belief,Jesus was not a Jew.Infact he hated them.

Lol not true at all. That's only something an anti-semite would say. Most of the early Christians were Jewish converts.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Anyone who is born again of the Holy Spirit can know for sure. And the 'Sect of the Nazerenes' were simply what the early Christians were called. They were not a Secret Society like you make out. God created mathematics, Logic and Music and everything else in the universe.
edit on 25-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
For those of you who believe Jesus was a Jewish man.

You don't know your own bible.

Here is what Jesus said about what awaits what are today's Zionists

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer . . . be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. . . . Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Revelation 2:9-10, 3:9.

NOW PAY ATTENTION TO THIS AND ASK YOURSELF WHAT DO JEWS TODAY THINK OF JESUS
THEY MOCK HIM ON ISRAELI TV
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. John 8:39-47.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which........................etc
edit on 25-4-2012 by rory212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

What does a typical Jew/Zionist do

He thinks world belongs to them, he thinks Israel can expand its territory at any expense,

He thinks US should be used as a tool to kill and maim on command.

He thinks ownership of currencies through world private central banks is a good thing.

I don't care who you are, I AM INFORMING YOU, if you use Jew thing as excuse for evil, you will be amazed when God turns away from you come judgment,

Based on this post, as of RIGHT NOW, you lost the excuse of oops sorry I didn't know. I wish you luck, I truly hope you will embrace good and reject evil. For your own good.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rory212

So...you're basing this on what?

I've already looked up Zionism, and it's the same as every other religion in the world. It has its beliefs, and the people want their old country back. There's nothing wrong with a bunch of people gathering in their old country, the home of their religion, to await the return of their "savior".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rory212

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning

I see God killing lots of people in the Bible.

Where does Satan have that kind of track record? He never takes credit for any such things...he just doesn't protest when people blame him for lack of a better excuse.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rory212
For those of you who believe Jesus was a Jewish man.

You don't know your own bible.

Here is what Jesus said about what awaits what are today's Zionists

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer . . . be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. . . . Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Revelation 2:9-10, 3:9.

NOW PAY ATTENTION TO THIS AND ASK YOURSELF WHAT DO JEWS TODAY THINK OF JESUS
THEY MOCK HIM ON ISRAELI TV
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. John 8:39-47.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which........................etc
edit on 25-4-2012 by rory212 because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but mockery must be mocked. Im not jewish nor christian. But Ive been down that road. Jesus, if he lived was from the imagination of paul of saul of tarsus. They took every word they possibly could and rearranged it and made it their own. Everything from the jot and the tittle. Most notably, althought not brought to light. The very words of the book of revelation of JC was Habakkuk's writting of his vision. Stolen and written to were a beast now sits in the thorne of GOD.
Even the scriptures that include devil. Just swapped to a new word and creation of GOD ~ LIVED.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
If one believes Jesus, that is all we will be judged for., our sins are at the bottom of the sea and God can't see them anymore......not paraphrased.

John 3:16 says that those who believe in Jesus will not perish but have everlasting life...yet there are other verses where Jesus tells people who believe in him to "depart from me for I never knew you". Who was he talking to at that moment? People who cast out demons in his name, did miracles in his name, and prophesied in his name. Matthew 7:22. How could those people do those things if they didn't believe in Jesus? Yet, they were told to depart from him.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

He is talking about false prophets and false disciples who pretend to be one of his flock but they are not. Think Roman Catholic Clergy and you will have an idea of what he was referring to. These are the people who think they can come to him on their own terms instead of his. They are of "babylon", which is man coming to God on their terms and not his.
edit on 25-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Anyone who is born again of the Holy Spirit can know for sure. And the 'Sect of the Nazerenes' were simply what the early Christians were called. They were not a Secret Society like you make out. God created mathematics, Logic and Music and everything else in the universe.
edit on 25-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Early christians were messianic jews, or n'tzarim which is nazarenes. Today the orthodox jews still refer to them as n'tzarim although now it implies messianics are unorthodox jews, and unorthodox jews are unwelcome at synogogue because of their beliefs in Yeshua. In Israel it is not uncommon to see messianc jews and protestant christians going to church together. Catholics have too many sungoddess idols for them.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rory212

Who said I support Zionism? Way to make assumptions...

But to say Jesus hates Jews is profoundly ignorant and a non-statement. Zionists aren't real Jews anyway.

I hope you repent and stop speaking for Jesus when you clearly haven't read the Bible. Jesus doesn't hate any group of peoples.

With love, RG.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by rory212

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning

I see God killing lots of people in the Bible.

Where does Satan have that kind of track record? He never takes credit for any such things...he just doesn't protest when people blame him for lack of a better excuse.

God has killed people. And as we are his creation he has the right to take away our life. There is a big difference between killing and murdering. The devil on the other hand has led many people to hell, this is murdering and is profoundly evil. I hope you wise up to these facts.

With love RG.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I believe the term 'Nazarene sect' was used once in Acts 24:5 - For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

incorrect! he said he did not come to change the law,not one letter,but to fulfill the law because the the pharasees where just puppets for the roman over lords!

Are you trying to say the 613 mosaic laws are still in effect?

I have a thread on the subject if we really need to go there...

Jesus was born into judaism... but he taught against many of their laws...

Don't believe me? Find out for yourself...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I just now realized this might be the ultimate stir-pot troll attempt of all time.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I just now realized this might be the ultimate stir-pot troll attempt of all time.

All atheists can do is troll, because the truth is not on their side.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by reficul

incorrect! he said he did not come to change the law,not one letter,but to fulfill the law because the the pharasees where just puppets for the roman over lords!

Are you trying to say the 613 mosaic laws are still in effect?

I have a thread on the subject if we really need to go there...

Jesus was born into judaism... but he taught against many of their laws...

Don't believe me? Find out for yourself...

I love how you stand strong in teaching others about the Truth of Jesus.

It amazes me how any one person can follow ANY teachings and not research it for themselves to know if what they are being told is factual in their minds and hearts.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join