It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any religion based on Jesus work?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks mama...

I must stand for what i know... or what i offer is useless...

I truely believe there was a real man behind the stories of Jesus... and he did not conform to mans laws... He stuck to his fathers laws...

Strangely enough im not even christian... yet i fight for the truth behind their saviour... You'd think they would be happy about it, but i usually only get slack from people who stick to their churches teachings...

All one has to do is read HIS words... and the truth of the matter comes out...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Jesus you talk of is not the one in the Bible.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's the problem. Every quote is either twisted or unclear.

What do you do with instructions that are unclear? You could break something...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by Akragon

pain is real, undenibly real, the fact that pain exist on earth is evident of hell enough for me, although, not to many. Pain is a teaching tool, and yes, God is the fearful loving kind, finger wagging deity that he is. Remember J.C. flipping the money tables over.

its pure philosophy on this subject matter, pain equals knowledge and learning . Not saying the 3rd dimension(earth) is the greatest

how does pain affect the dead?

Do you feel pain in the spirit or in the flesh?

Would a loving and just Father torture his child?

Hell... is a myth... a fabrication of the church to win over converts.... nothing more.... though i do believe that IF one holds such a belief... its very possible to end up there once you pass...

Belief is very powerful...

And i believe God would never send his children to such a place... but rather return whatever negative actions said person gave in this life back to him in the next.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Akragon

Liar...

The one i speak of was a man... just like everyone else... not the mythical God that became flesh that you believe in...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Akragon

That's the problem. Every quote is either twisted or unclear.

What do you do with instructions that are unclear? You could break something...

No idea what you're talking about honestly....

Perhaps you could clairify

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No Akragon was right on this one. The other jews were following a covenant that was broken at Mt. Sinai at the first Shavuot. So they made their own laws which were the 603 civil laws and then stuffed them into God's mouth. They haven't worshipped God in 3500 years. Go read Jeremiah 7 and you will see why God sent them on the Diaspora. The sacrifices have started again.

Yeshua was following the laws as according to how they should have been observed, he's the one who set them into place the first time and you will see why they crucified him, because he called them on their wickedness and exposed the darkness to light and you will see why he created christianity..
edit on 25-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by reficul

incorrect! he said he did not come to change the law,not one letter,but to fulfill the law because the the pharasees where just puppets for the roman over lords!

Are you trying to say the 613 mosaic laws are still in effect?

I have a thread on the subject if we really need to go there...

Jesus was born into judaism... but he taught against many of their laws...

Don't believe me? Find out for yourself...

Lead the way. The law prevails over JC he did nothing but steal your identiy. The son of GOD. Most of the problems today are occuring in the churchs. One is with men and little children (boys). Had many children learned the very laws in the Bible this would not be a problem today.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuckerMe

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by reficul

incorrect! he said he did not come to change the law,not one letter,but to fulfill the law because the the pharasees where just puppets for the roman over lords!

Are you trying to say the 613 mosaic laws are still in effect?

I have a thread on the subject if we really need to go there...

Jesus was born into judaism... but he taught against many of their laws...

Don't believe me? Find out for yourself...

Lead the way. The law prevails over JC he did nothing but steal your identiy. The son of GOD. Most of the problems today are occuring in the churchs. One is with men and little children (boys). Had many children learned the very laws in the Bible this would not be a problem today.

I see little logic in that statement...

We are all sons of God, and that is beside the point i was trying to make...

The actions of a few members of various churches do not reflect what Jesus taught... These people join the church because its a good hunting ground for pedophiles...

I don't believe in organized religion in anyway... but i also don't hold the churches they represent responsible for the acts of a few twisted individuals..

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Must be a different Jesus to the one in the Bible then. As far as I am aware normal men cannot perform miracles.

edit on 25-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

"Normal" men can't perform miracles because your church wanted to keep us from discovering the power within ourselves...

We were meant to be like gods, discovering the power of nature within our souls...but the Church knew we would be destructive with that kind of power, so it lied to us.

The age of lies is almost over. If now isn't our turn to rise, then it's our turn to die...

edit on CWednesdaypm525223f23America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by rory212

So...you're basing this on what?

I've already looked up Zionism, and it's the same as every other religion in the world. It has its beliefs, and the people want their old country back. There's nothing wrong with a bunch of people gathering in their old country, the home of their religion, to await the return of their "savior".

hmmmm, but zionism is not a Hebrew faith. It is a Rothschild manifestation used to inhabit a land their forefathers never entered. They use the talmud for scripture and not the Word.
They come from Eastern Europe especially the Caucusus mtn region and are mongoloid and not semites.
They invented the word "jew" a few centuries ago so as to incorporate them into the Biblical covenant people. They are Khazars and a a mix of many nations of the past.

And it's just weird that to address these mongoloid people who abuse the semitic people in what is called palestine as semites, as they are not.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Must be a different Jesus to the one in the Bible then. As far as I am aware normal men cannot perform miracles.

This comming from one who believes Jesus claimed to be God....

Im not worried about the perspectives of fanatics honestly...

If you believe i speak of a different Jesus... Feel free...

Aside from a select few people here.... most know exactly who i speak of...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

hmmmm, but zionism is not a Hebrew faith. It is a Rothschild manifestation used to inhabit a land their forefathers never entered. They use the talmud for scripture and not the Word.
They come from Eastern Europe especially the Caucusus mtn region and are mongoloid and not semites.
They invented the word "jew" a few centuries ago so as to incorporate them into the Biblical covenant people. They are Khazars and a a mix of many nations of the past.

And it's just weird that to address these mongoloid people who abuse the semitic people in what is called palestine as semites, as they are not.

Mana if I could give you a medal for truth and/or reward you in some way.

I would.

It doesn't matter how many are liars, those few of us must be willing to go the distance.
Most Jews today are perfectly willing to call upon God, to call upon US government, to call upon whatever they can to enlarge Israel borders, and to further enslave countries with Private Central Bank Currencies. Which print money and lend to countries at interest.

Jesus not so coincidentally was against usury
edit on 25-4-2012 by rory212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
www.biblebelievers.org.

Text
JESUS WAS NOT A Jew
Benjamin H. Freedman, Jewish Historian - Researcher - Scholar.
From "Common Sense", p. 2-1-53 and 5-1-59

"Christians have been duped by the unholiest hoax in all history, by so-called Jews. This is considered their most effective weapon."

"This 'big lie' technique is brainwashing United States Christians into believing that Jesus Christ was "King of the Jews", in the sense that so-called 'Jews' today call themselves 'Jews'. This reference was first made in English translations of the Old and New Testaments, centuries before the so-called Jews highjacked the word 'Jew' in the 18th century A.D. to palm themselves off on the Christian world as having a kinship with Jesus Christ. This alleged kinship comes from the myth of their common ancestry with the so-called 'Jews' of the Holy Land in the Old Testament history, a fiction based on fable."

"American Christians little suspect they are being brainwashed twenty-four hours of every day over television and radio, by newspapers and magazines, by motion pictures and plays, by books, by political leaders in office and seeking office, by religious leaders in their pulpits and outside their churches, by leaders in the field of education inside and outside their curricular activities, and by all leaders in business, professions and finance, whose economic security demands that they curry the favor of so-called "Jews" of historic Khazar ancestry. Unsuspecting Christians are subjected to this barrage from sources they have little reason to suspect. Incontestable facts supply the unchallengeable proof of the historic accuracy that so-called "Jews" throughout the world today of eastern European origin are unquestionably the historic descendants of the Khazars, a pagan Turko-Finn ancient Mongoloid nation deep in the heart of Asia, according to history, who battled their way in bloody wars about the 1st century B.C. into eastern Europe where they set up their Khazar kingdom. For some mysterious reason the history of the Khazar kingdom is conspicuous by its absence from history courses in the schools and colleges.

"The historic existence of the Khazar kingdom of so-called "Jews", their rise and fall, the permanent disappearance of the Khazar kingdom as a nation from the map of Europe, and how King Bulan and the Khazar nation in about 740 A.D. became so-called "Jews" by conversion, were concealed from American Christians by censorship imposed by so-called "Jews", of historic Khazar ancestry, upon all U.S.A. media of mass communications directed by them. Then in 1945 this author gave nation-wide publicity to his many years intensive research into the "facts of life" concerning Khazars. The disclosures were sensational and very effective but apparently angered so-called "Jews" who have continued to vent their spleen upon this author since then solely for that reason. Since 1946 they have conducted a vicious smear campaign against him, seeking thus to further conceal these facts, for obvious reasons. What have they to fear from the truth?

"In an original 1903 edition of the Jewish Encyclopedia in New York's Public Library, and in the Library of Congress, Volume IV, pages 1 to 5 inclusive, appears a most comprehensive history of the Khazars. Also in the New York Public Library are 327 books by the world's greatest historians and other sources of reference, in addition to the Jewish Encyclopedia, dealing with Khazar history, and written between the 3rd A.D. and 20th centuries by contemporaries of the Khazars and by modern historians on that subject."

Jesus was a 'Judean', not a Jew.

During His lifetime, no persons were described as "Jews" anywhere. That fact is supported by theology, history and science. When Jesus was in Judea, it was not the "homeland" of the ancestors of those who today style themselves "Jews". Their ancestors never set a foot in Judea. They existed at that time in Asia, their "homeland", and were known as Khazars. In none of the manuscripts of the original Old or New Testament was Jesus described or referred to as a "Jew". The term originated in the late eighteenth century as an abbreviation of the term Judean and refers to a resident of Judea without regard to race or religion, just as the term "Texan" signifies a person living in Texas.

In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called "Jews", they have been unable to prove in recorded history that there is one record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as "Jew". The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled "Jews" today refer to as "Jews", were known as "Pharisees". "Judaism" today and "Pharisaism" in the time of Jesus are the same.

Jesus abhorred and denounced "Pharisaism"; hence the words, "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers".

-----------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Text
In the gospels, the accounts of the Baptism of Jesus are always preceded by information about John the Baptist and his ministry.[16][17][18] In these accounts, John was preaching for penance and repentance for the remission of sins and encouraged the giving of alms to the poor (as in Luke 3:11) as he baptized people in the area of the River Jordan around Perea about the time of the commencement of the ministry of Jesus. The Gospel of John (1:28) specifies "Bethany beyond the Jordan", i.e. Bethabara in Perea, when it initially refers to it and later John 3:23 refers to further baptisms in Ænon "because there was much water there".[19][20]

The four gospels are not the only references to John's ministry around the River Jordan. In Acts 10:37-38, Apostle Peter refers to how the ministry of Jesus followed "the baptism which John preached".[21] In the Antiquities of the Jews (18.5.2) 1st century historian Flavius Josephus also wrote about John the Baptist and his eventual death in Perea.[22][23]

In the gospels, John had been foretelling (as in Luke 3:16) of the arrival of a someone "mightier than I".[2][24] Apostle Paul also refers to this anticipation by John in Acts 19:4.[25] In Matthew 3:14, upon meeting Jesus, the Baptist states: "I need to be baptized by you." However, Jesus persuades John to baptize him nonetheless.[26] In the baptismal scene, after Jesus emerges from the water, the sky opens and a voice from Heaven states: "This is my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased". The Holy Spirit then descends upon Jesus as a dove in Matthew 3:13-17, Mark 1:9-11, Luke 3:21-23.[2][24][26] In John 1:29-33 rather than a direct narrative, the Baptist bears witness to the episode.[2][3] This is one of two cases in the gospels where a voice from Heaven calls Jesus "Son", the other being in the Transfiguration of Jesus episode.[27][28]

After the baptism, the Synoptic gospels proceed to describe the Temptation of Jesus, but John 1:35-37 narrates the first encounter between Jesus and two of his future disciples, who were then disciples of John the Baptist.[29][30] In this narrative, the next day the Baptist sees Jesus again and calls him the Lamb of God and the "two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus".[21][31][32] One of the disciples is named Andrew, but the other remains unnamed, and Raymond E. Brown raises the question of his being the author of the Gospel of John himself.[3][33] In the Gospel of John, the disciples follow Jesus thereafter, and bring other disciples to him, and Acts 18:24-19:6 portrays the disciples of John as eventually merging with the followers of Jesus.[

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Normal men cannot raise the dead, nor can they resurrect themselves when they are dead. Normal men cannot scoop up dirt and spit into it and rub the mud into a blind man's dead eyes and fix them either. He can manipulate matter on a molecular level with his will alone, thats not human at all. We can't do that.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

reply to post by Akragon

Normal men cannot raise the dead, nor can they resurrect themselves when they are dead. Normal men cannot scoop up dirt and spit into it and rub the mud into a blind man's dead eyes and fix them either. He can manipulate matter on a molecular level with his will alone, thats not human at all. We can't do that.

And you have actually seen this?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Clearly he wasn't a normal man... there is no dispute there...

but who says "we can't do that"... certainly not your saviour...

oh ye of little faith
( sorry i had to add that)

11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuckerMe

reply to post by Akragon

And you have actually seen this?

dmc.members.sonic.net...

Text
Jewish historian Flavius Josephus, a member of a priestly family and who became a Pharisee at the age of 19, became the court historian for Emperor Vespasian. In the Antiquities, he wrote about many persons and events of first century Palestine. He makes two references to Jesus. The first reference is believed associated with the Apostle James. "...he brother of Jesus, who was called Christ." He also wrote, "At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good and (he) was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive, accordingly, he was perhaps the messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders." These historical writings predated the Old Testament. Josephus died in 97 A.D.

Before Tacitus, Suetonius or Josephus, Thallus wrote about the crucifixion of Jesus. His writing date to circa 52 A.D. and the passage on Jesus was contained in Thallus' work on the Eastern Mediterranean world from the Trojan War to 52 A.D. Thallus noted that darkness fell on the land at the time of the crucifixion. He wrote that such a phenomenon was caused by an eclipse. Though Christ was not proclaimed a deity until the fourth century, Pliny the Younger, a Roman author and administrator who served as the governor of Bithynia in Asia Minor, wrote in 112 A.D., two hundred years before the "deity" proclamation, that Christians in Bithynia worshipped Christ.

Two references have been made to a report by Pontius Pilate. The references include Justin Martyr (150 A..D.) and Tetullian (200 A.D.). Both references correspond with the fact that there was an official document in Rome from Pilate. The Pilate report detailed the crucifixion but also reported acts of miracles. Emperor Tiberius acted on Pilate's report, according to Tertullian, to the Roman Senate. "Tiberius accordingly, in whose days the Christian name made its entry into the world, having himself received intelligence from Palestine of events which had clearly shown the truth of Christ's divinity, brought the matter before the senate, with his own decision in favor of Christ. The senate, because it had not given the approval itself, rejected his proposal. Caesar held to his opinion, threatening wrath against all accusers of the Christians."

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join