It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any religion based on Jesus work?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

This is my response to your post.

edit on CTuesdaypm020236f36America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

Judaism, is 1 of the 3 main Enlilite Religions. Enlilite because Abraham was the MAIN influence upon Judaism-Christianity-Islam and Abraham was influenced guided by LORD ENLIL(Annunaki). So if LORD ENLIL is the GOD of these 3 religions then why is it hard to understand/believe that LORD JESUS CHRIST may be of the ENLILITE(Annunaki) BLOODLINE as well if not direct relation to FATHER ANU the father of LORD ENLIL and LORD ENKI.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There is alot of mystery surrounding the authentic Christ, ie, where his awakening took place for example.

If in Egypt, there were Buddhists living there and Christ is more Buddhist than Jewish, and that is partly why he died. For he told them who their father was.

If the stories about India are correct it went far deeper.

In addition the Essenes were interesting too, as this had the gnostic, and even there its not all one sided, there are many different variations, which has elements of old Egypt, Buddhist and in Judea, of course Hebrew, but more along the lines of mystical Hebrew or Kabbalah.

Now, then comes the concept amongst the early essenes, did Jesus of Nazareth exist as a corporal man? For the Christ is the intercessor and some Essense believe in this as our connection between Earth and Home.

Or, perhaps there is a real authentic corporal Christ.

Without knowing the full depth of what Luke did code into the books he wrote, I haven't studied in depth whether the early Christians were of the belief of the literal corporal Christ or the intercessor, however, Luke wrote a gospel and much of the new testament and he coded alot into it.

For example, he was the only gospel that did not imply Jesus came from Nazareth, but instead said,

christiananswers.net...

(I found this interesting too, just included it, for there is also an argument on the Greek and Jesus versus Yeshua, whereas the Greek was commonly spoken due to Alexander the Great, so in reality, Jesus was most likely called Jesus.

Luke's Greek “superscription” contained 30 letters, and so must have been written in slightly smaller letters than was the Latin. It is easy to see that there would not have been room for 16 more letters for the words “Jesus of Nazareth” (i.e. “Jesus the Nazarene”) in Greek.

www.thenazareneway.com...

Luke give 3 different versions of Paul's conversion. To draw emphasis on it, and put it into fiction. He lays out in clues the Roman Trojan Horse Takeover of the religion.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well we could get into Gnostic Christianity.

That's fun to talk about.

How the REAL teachings and life Christ led are completely different than the one taught by the Church.

And what I'll say to that is... it is quite likely. The Church WAS the ruling party way back when, and they often rewrote history to serve them, this is fact. It is quite likely that Gnostic Christianity is the closer truth. When one looks at what it is made of and what truths they speak, it begins to make sense. Certainly a more believable story to me, anyway.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Jesus was a Jew meaning he was from Judea
Christ was a christen
Baptized by his cousin John
It is all the same no matter what the label

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
Jesus was a Jew meaning he was from Judea
Christ was a christen
Baptized by his cousin John
It is all the same no matter what the label

Jesus was definatly not Christian... that statement is laughable to anyone whos actually studied his words...

He belonged to no religion... and he dispised religion of all sorts...

That is because religion limits ones spritual progression... It brainwashes its members into believing whatever that church believes regardless of how much is actually true.

Ultimately religion is the bane of society...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Well we could get into Gnostic Christianity.

That's fun to talk about.

How the REAL teachings and life Christ led are completely different than the one taught by the Church.

And what I'll say to that is... it is quite likely. The Church WAS the ruling party way back when, and they often rewrote history to serve them, this is fact. It is quite likely that Gnostic Christianity is the closer truth. When one looks at what it is made of and what truths they speak, it begins to make sense. Certainly a more believable story to me, anyway.

The gnostic texts are very closely related to the 4 gospels...

Read and compare...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
OP.... IF you would like to take a journey learning about Christ then first get everything out of your mind you have been told thus far and begin a journey in learning about not only Christ but the "creation".

What is the creation? Everything you can sense.

I just read this a little while ago and came back to ask you to read it.

When you read it think of "The Word". Not the Bible.... a/The Word.

www.sufimessage.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I glanced over your link, and I have to say it looks pretty interesting. At least it isn't all doom and gloom and subservience...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Followers of Christ in the day were indeed christens
Ask the roman lions, taste just like chicken

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

I simply corrected your statement...

Christ is Christian is a contradiction in itself... that would make him a follower of himself...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes, it is like the chicken or the egg
It doesn’t mater as long as you believe and try to follow the practice and study the living word

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

However, being baptized, doesn’t that make one a Baptist?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It is an eye opener thats for sure.... but I am not surprised. When I seek... it is given to me in words.

I say "me" but I do not mean to personify it as it may read. We all get answers in words.

The thread the other poster was talking about is one I have had on my mind today. I wondered about "The Word" all day and found that link above. Read it and was WOWED beyond belief. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I ALWAYS had a sense that The Word was NOT the Bible itself but people use the phrase "The Word" when speaking of the Bible?? I had to figure this out...

"The Word" is just that... lol.... A word.

Its most powerful when its spoken with Love.

What is love?

A selfless feeling for another.... Loving thy neighbor as thy self!!!!

God is the light you see, the air you breathe for he is the vibration of Life.

Jesus tells us parables... I think why he does this is to get our thinking minds out of the gutter, out of the world, and into his.

Just sooooo cool!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

I wholeheartedly agree with your insight. I too think the closest "one religion" you can get to the teachings of Jesus is that of the Gnostic Christianity Community.

Still though.... because my feelings of Jesus not belonging to a particular Religion.... makes me not want to conform to one either. I think its only natural one has a mind of his own and seeks from within their heart and not what someone else thinks.

There are times when we are teachers....and there are times when we are students. We cannot be teachers ALL the time.... we don't have that kind of knowledge individually. Coming together does not mean conforming to my ideals. Coming together and talking (not one man preaching) about Jesus and or God does not mean building bigger churches and not feeding the poor. Jesus knew not to conform to the "church" ways. Its obvious he was a free thinker in his own right.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by redneck13

I simply corrected your statement...

Christ is Christian is a contradiction in itself... that would make him a follower of himself...

Consider that if Christ was talking the consciousness of enlightenment of humanity then he would simply be a follower of the enlightenment.

The Way

The Truth

The Life

Gnosis.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by Akragon

However, being baptized, doesn’t that make one a Baptist?

You are what you label yourself as... I was baptized... i was born into christianity...

Yet i am neither baptist or Christian...

No need to label your beliefs... they are what they are... ye know?

I've found those that choose a label for themselves end up adhearing to a specific doctrine... be it christian, baptist, muslim... whatever...

Theres truth in almost all religions... but if one sticks to specific line of thought, i find he/she misses the bigger picture...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Consider that if Christ was talking the consciousness of enlightenment of humanity then he would simply be a follower of the enlightenment. The Way The Truth The Life Gnosis.
reply to post by fourthmeal

Or....take it a step further and say......

HE IS THE ENLIGHTENMENT. He is the light that leads the way.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Exactly, god embodied himself in human form to bring us his living words

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

edit on 24-4-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join