It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any religion based on Jesus work?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by Akragon

That takes some defiance to say you know god by knowing yourself.
I am going to play it safe

Defiance of who? The God of the bible?

HA!

Heres some more so called "defiance"...

Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

I don’t use that translation but
That tells us the kingdom of god is everywhere and we are children of God
That does not mention anything about salvation

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

That takes some defiance to say you know god by knowing yourself.
I am going to play it safe

Defiance of who? The God of the bible?

HA!

Heres some more so called "defiance"...

Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

I don’t use that translation but
That tells us the kingdom of god is everywhere and we are children of God
That does not mention anything about salvation

thats not in your bible my friend...

And whos talking about salvation here?

I don't buy into the christian idea of salvation.... similar to the doctrine of "hell" and damnation...

scare tactics used for conversion... nothing more

ALL are saved...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Wish you the best of luck on that one my friend

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

No need...

But thanks just the same

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
by the way
say high to hitler for me when you reach heaven

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

LMAO!!

Typical christian... brainwashed to the core eh

Will do...

Tell me... do all hindu's and buddhists go to hell?

Do all people in countries that have never heard of Jesus go to hell as well?

And don't forget the millions of people that lived before Jesus existed... they're all in hell to right...

*shakes head*

Don't believe the hype bro... Hell doesn't exist unless you believe it does

edit on 24-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

LMAO!!

Will do...

And don't forget the millions of people that lived before Jesus existed... they're all in hell to right...

*shakes head*

Do you remember where you were before you came to this existence?
Is this your first life here on this planet?
Before judgment day, all must hear the gospel of Christ.
Since God is in you, you knew I would ask this question and I hope since you are God inside yourself you could type out the answer before I asked it.
I am not brain washed unless you call believing in the Holy Bible brainwashed then I am
Do we only live this one lifetime here on earth?
I don’t know but can you answer me as God?
TIA

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

LMAO!!

Will do...

*shakes head*

Do you remember where you were before you came to this existence?
Is this your first life here on this planet?
Before judgment day, all must hear the gospel of Christ.
Since God is in you, you knew I would ask this question and I hope since you are God inside yourself you could type out the answer before I asked it.
I am not brain washed unless you call believing in the Holy Bible brainwashed then I am
Do we only live this one lifetime here on earth?
I don’t know but can you answer me as God?
TIA

Unfortunatly no i have no memory of my previous lives... but i know i've lived before this time... Don't ask how, i just feel it... and i know many people who do know exactly who they were in their previous lives... plenty on these forums as well... perhaps you should talk to them.

God is in everyone... not just me... and im definatly not claiming to be God... only a part of him, as we all are....

Yes we live multiple lives in the physical world... perhaps not always on this one...

There is plenty of evidence of life after death within that book you so worship...

And...

You didn't answer my question(s)...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Every person will be rewarded according to his or her works.
I cannot tell you if each person lives multiple lives until everyone hears the gospel of Jesus Christ or in one day, all souls will be in existence at one time. There are a number of phrases in the Bible that are left for our interpretation. You do not have to believe someone else’s interpretations but your own. Jesus taught through his actions so we know that kindness and forgiveness is the way. Your interpretation should be based on his doctrine of kindness. At some point, all souls must hear the gospel of Christ before the judgment comes. Man does not know how that happens, but that is why they call it faith. That is why I cannot say, “God is inside me therefore I know him”. I can be filled with the Holy Spirit but not the knowledge of God. We cannot have the good without the evil. Where would have Lucifer been cast out to. Lucifer made his choice and we have the opportunity to make ours.

edit on 24-4-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2012 by redneck13 because: dont know

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

I don't even know what a chalalaah is....

you haven't lived!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Good answer actually...

We cannot have the good without the evil. Where would have Lucifer been cast out to. Lucifer made his choice and we have the opportunity to make ours.

More biblical myth my friend... Evil is simply selfishness examplified...

I have a hard time with the belief that an angel would attempt to overthrow his creator...

Either way, the doctrine of hell is fear based conversion tactics... God would never torture his children...

Would a Father torture his child?

Not a good one...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Do tell...

Sounds kinda nasty...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I don't even know what a chalalaah is....

you haven't lived!

Do tell...

Sounds kinda nasty...

panera bread has it for only 2.50 a loaf

www.familyfriendlyfood.com...
edit on 24-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I humbly stand corrected...

that looks yummy!!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

pain is real, undenibly real, the fact that pain exist on earth is evident of hell enough for me, although, not to many. Pain is a teaching tool, and yes, God is the fearful loving kind, finger wagging deity that he is. Remember J.C. flipping the money tables over.

its pure philosophy on this subject matter, pain equals knowledge and learning . Not saying the 3rd dimension(earth) is the greatest

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you do not doubt the word of Christ, I would give the Bible another try.
Since I do not read Hebrew, I believe the closest to the actual word for me is the King James
Since most of them have his words highlighted in red it makes for a pretty quick read
I am not some religious Bible thumper just a regular working person and not perfect by any means.
I have had my copy since 1969 and I have read the New Testament many times over before falling asleep at night.
I do not have to read it much any more because I understand the intention and try to keep it in my heart but when I feel troubled I read it and it helps me to feel better.
With God, all things are possible

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

If you do not doubt the word of Christ, I would give the Bible another try.
Since I do not read Hebrew, I believe the closest to the actual word for me is the King James
Since most of them have his words highlighted in red it makes for a pretty quick read
I am not some religious Bible thumper just a regular working person and not perfect by any means.
I have had my copy since 1969 and I have read the New Testament many times over before falling asleep at night.
I do not have to read it much any more because I understand the intention and try to keep it in my heart but when I feel troubled I read it and it helps me to feel better.
With God, all things are possible

I have a NIV, honestly its bomb, i rather have it translated into modern tongue than the king james version. Or you could get it in greek

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

In that regard, I am old fashioned. Something about the sound of the King’s English I guess

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
as far as the OP, i thought Jesus was claiming a spiritual lifestyle, not some religious money grubbin pharisees dressed as pedo priest or walks onto a chris henson show

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well the name Jesus replaced His original Hebrew Name Yahuwshuwah. The Greeks, Pharisees, High Priests, Sanhedrin and the Massorites didnt like his original name being preached everywhere. So them being followers of the Talmud, they didnt like Yahuwshuwah claiming himself to be the Son of the Most High so they didnt want it spoken because of the miracles he was doing.

Acts 4:10 let it be known to all of you, and to all the people of Yisra’ĕl, that in the Name of יהושוע Messiah of Natsareth, whom you impaled, whom Alahym raised from the dead, by Him this one stands before you, healthy.
Acts 4:11 “This is ‘the stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’
Acts 4:12 “And there is no deliverance in anyone else, for there is no other Name under the heaven given among men by which we need to be saved.”
Act 4:13 And seeing the boldness of Kĕpha and Yoḥanan, and perceiving that they were unlearned and ordinary men, they marvelled. And they recognised that they had been with יהושוע.
Act 4:14 And seeing the man who had been healed standing with them, they could not contradict it.
Act 4:15 But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they consulted with one another,
Act 4:16 saying, “What shall we do to these men? For, indeed, that an outstanding miracle has been done through them is apparent to all those dwelling in Yerushalayim, and we are unable to deny it.
Act 4:17 “But in order that it spreads no further among the people, let us strongly threaten them, to speak no more to anyone in this Name.”

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join