reply to post by SimonPeter
Created the Sun? God WAS the Sun for thousands of years, look up Ra if you doubt me. There are a lot of Bibles, friend, you must me one of those who
thinks they are all just alike? Well, you have to read, and compare. That preacher you listen to doesn't always tell the truth, you know. He/She just
says what they think is true.
Let me see, different versions of the Bible....
1. The Septuagint: 250 C.E. Written in Greek
2. Vulgate: 400 C.E. First version of the Bible which is canonized at the Council of Carthage in 400 C.E. Written in Latin
3. Martin Luther's German Bible: 1534 C.E.
4. King James Version: 1611 C.E. The most widely used version. It contains a large number of errors, and it is widely understood that none of the
original writers had an understanding of the Hebrew Language.
5. Revised Standard Version: 1952 C.E. Liberal translation into American English which used the earliest possible text
6. New International Version: (NIV) published during the 1960's and 1970's. This is a conservative, contemporary English version
7. Jerusalem Bible
: 1966 C.E. This is the first version of the Bible to be
commissioned by the Catholic Church since the 400's.
9. New Revised Standard Version: 1990 C.E. This is the most academic and scholarly version with the most accurately possible translations of the
(Sources: Wikipedia, and others.)
In truth, there are as many as 50 different English
versions of the Bible. Why are they different, you ask? If you, or any other modern reader
were to pick up and try to read 1611 King James Version of the Bible, it would be virtually unreadable. Everything from the spelling, to syntax, to
grammar, to phraseology is very different. Modern linguists state that the English language alone has changed more in the past 400 years than the
Greek language has changed in the past 2000 years. The English Language is constantly evolving, constantly changing. Fierce loyalty to a particular
version of the Bible is illogical, and is very counterproductive.
Here is a good page on the different versions and translations....
Bibles - different versions, translations, etc.