It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of the King James Bible and the New Testament, and the Forgery, and Pagan influences in

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by autowrench

I for one am glad to see you have truly found out that it’s all a lie except that we all came from pond scum and to pond scum we will return. There is no higher self there is no God particle. Everything came out of chaos into order by its self, and everything will return to what it was. There is no spirit no soul. You are here for a short time and then you are gone forever to never be remembered. I am thankful that you have found this out and let us know how totally hopeless life is.

Friend, I must dispute you here, for that is not at all what I have discovered at all. All I really did is reinforce that which I already knew, but had no real way of convincing those who hold up the King James like it really is the words of the Creator that it really is something different....completely different.

There is a Spirit because I am a Spirit. I am, I know that I Am, so I am. I reside inside a human head for the time being, not by personal choice, be here, nonetheless. There are Higher Spirits, I have seen them. As for there being a God? I would say not as humans think of it, but the fact is, there lacks data either way. I have been told that I must have Faith, but I know what that means, and I believe what I can see, hear, and touch. I guess you could say I am a Deist when it comes to that. Also, I do agree about everything returning to it's original state, and Earth, this System, this Galaxy, has already done this before, three times that I know of, perhaps more. Everything runs in cycles in this universe, I am not certain how life is in universes other than our own.

How do you know you are a spirit? Any proof any pictures? I don't believe you, you have no proof. There is nothing afterlife, everything is a lie that has been spread by the PTB to keep you in chains. Spiritualism is the opiate of the masses. Ask any one in the scientific field and they will tell you there is no sprit no soul. You live you die that is it. Nothing else you have no proof that there is an afterlife or that life goes on after death.

Wow! Are you in for a rude awakening!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Right. Maybe instead of asking scientists he should see what the folks say who have died and come back to tell about what they saw and heard. I especially love the reports from those born blind or deaf from birth telling about what they saw or heard.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I agree. But the last few posts do ask an interesting question. Religion shouldn't win by default. Take the DNA question, let's say that's correct and it couldn't happen on it's own, well, what if we were modified by another Alien race? For arguments sake, let's just say that happened and was proven, what does that do to faith based beliefs in everything else? Would it be denied because it threatens all religious beliefs? Would it be a trick of the "Devil"? Accepted as simply be wrong about one thing? What if "God" created aliens and they created us? Is that so unbelievable? Is it only unbelievable because it clashes with religious claims? With that logic seamonkeys and clones must think we're divine.

For me, I believe it's just as unlikely that there is "nothing" after death just as much as taking the bible literally is the answer.

The bible and scripture may offer many hidden truths, but unfortunately all we've seen are mostly misinterpretations and literal belief arguments, which just don't cut it anymore.

One day, I hope, Science and spirituality will be able to live side by side and we'll all look back at how ridiculous it was believe in or ignore either completely.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Paschar0 because: Isn't it obvious

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

"Modified by an alien race" is 1/3 of the Intelligent Design camp. Most of the scientists backing ID are not Biblical Creationists. The other 3rd which is a very small camp is the "seeded by crystals from outer space" guys. Everyone wrongly assumes ID proponents are Biblical Creationists. This isnt true, they simply reject Darwinian Evolution.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Can't answer the one most important question ? Can't offer an alternate creation theory ? Within this one very important question rest the whole validity of your anti biblical position and process of logic .

I'd love to hear you inject the Biblical Creation story with some logic.

Clearly, you haven't read any of my posts, or you'd have already seen the Bible for exactly what it is...a temporary solution that has outworn its effectiveness.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

It's hilarious how you define the "you see what you want to see" concept as regards the scholarly search for truth, and yet you skip over the part where you apply it to yourself...with flying colors.

I have talked to Christians. I have encountered a man who believed that a pillar of rock, a tourist gimmick near Mt. Sodom, was actually the pillar of salt in the Bible. I have met other Christians who openly admit that their belief is by choice.

How does one choose to believe? If there's a choice, there is no truth. Truth isn't about choice. Either you accept it, or you lie to yourself.

"Do you believe Jesus was the living son of God?"

"Do you believe Jesus died for our sins?"

"Do you believe Jesus rose from the dead three days later?"

Not "do you know." Do you BELIEVE. There is no truth...only belief. As long as you believe it, and not know it, then you're in the clear. Because it doesn't matter what facts are shoved down your throat...as long as you believe, you'll continue to throw it back up and return to the sheeple fold.

Religion has kept us alive these past many years. And unfortunately, many have also died because of it. However, we've made it through to this day. But there comes a time when Santa Claus is revealed for the truth it really is. Otherwise, you continue to labor under the impression that every Christmas, you will get presents from the sleigh. And that one year, when you move away, you will set up the tree and wake up the next morning...to find nothing. No presents, all the cookies there, the eggnog still full, and not a single sign that anyone ever entered your home.

Imagine the disappointment. It's time for us to grow up and pass the fairytales to the next species. We've graduated from the caveman age, and it's time to become what we were meant to be. But if we keep ourselves chained to the coop, we'll never learn to fly.

The Bible is our chain. We must learn the TRUTH of it, not the old-fashioned way. Let us break that chain, learn the truth of our world and ourselves, and progress. We must either take the risk of destroying ourselves...or die as we are. If we are ever to grow, we must let go.

This is a truth in life. A truth you obstinately refuse to accept. Accept it...for your own good.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Where did the aliens come from . The fact is that the Time and Space continuum that we live in is not the same one that God exist in where time does not exist . Therefore could he be alien to this ant farm that we live in now ? The same question about life beginning applies any where in space . Elijah left this world in what seems to be a fiery flying craft . All we know is that he that created us is our God without question .

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You must be pretty young and full of yourself .I doubt that you monitor world news because it depresses you . The world is your oyster and all you do is right in your eyes . It's all cool to you for now !
BOY ARE YOU GOING TO BE SURPRISED . Party on dude , float in your own reality .
2nd Timothy Chapter 3 is where you will find yourself best described . You pretty much seem to fit into verse 2 thru 7 . If an idiot actually looked at the prophecy concerning the latter days written 2000 years ago and the events coming together now he could see that the bible is true .
You want to be free of the bible convicting you as you do those things that you know to be wrong . You can go ahead and follow the drugs , whoredom , drinking and the high brow life of pride , but for me and mine we will follow the Lord . Leave me Satan !

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Where did the aliens come from .

That's actually closer to my belief, I believe in "God" but not religion. It's just as impossible that we're alone in the universe as it is that the earth is only a few thousand years old. If time is only a concept to humans, I doubt "God" cares at all whether the earth took four thousand or four billion years to come about, only people pushing bible entries as literal truths would.

The bible is potentially the most amazing book of simple/complex/hidden information ever devised or just a tool to control the masses at a time when it was needed the most. OR it might just be a lot of things, a little bit of everything all camps claim. It gets misinterpreted by those that mean well and those that don't far too often. It's wielded so clumsily by so many that it's almost impossible to trust any given message is correct.

It's irritating to me when people quote bible verse for almost everything as if they have some actual connection or higher understanding of spirituality by demonstrating their prowess in memorization. If you have wisdom, let's hear IT, not some canned bible quote that washes over everyone but the choir.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I think a lot in the gospels can be read at two different levels of understanding a Sunday school level or there is an occult level

For example:
The belt stars in the constellation of Orion have been used by our ancestors for a very long time as an important ‘marker’ during the winter solstice
www.farmersalmanac.com...

The winter solstice has been celebrated since ancient times. Throughout the centuries, the winter solstice has been celebrated with family gatherings, festivals, singing, dancing, and the burning of fires throughout this longest night of the year.

Look into the sky the night of the solstice, and you will see the three stars of Orion’s Belt aligned with the Sirius, the brightest star in the eastern sky, which points to where the Sun will rise in the morning.

Orion + Sirius

So the 3 belt stars point to Sirius, and the place where Sirius rises is where the sun will rise the next day and this effect seems to have been part of the winter solstice celebrations for a very long time and is why these 3 stars have been given so many different names by the cultures that use this observation

such as:

Jacob's Rod or Staff; Peter's Staff; the Golden Yard-arm; the L, or Ell; the Ell and Yard; the Yard-stick, and the Yard-wand; the Ellwand; Our Lady's Wand; the Magi; the Three Kings; the Three Marys; or simply the Three Stars

en.wikipedia.org...

And it looks like people during the Neolithic age have encoded this into their monuments
en.wikipedia.org...

Thornborough Henge

And maybe even the Egyptians knew about this

(you can check this out yourself – either go look or you can get a star charting program (google for Stellarium it’s a free and works very well))

So what about
Matthew 2

1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
-
9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

The traditional 3 kings/wise men/magi - Christmas story – so this is either about 3 Middle Eastern looking gentlemen with turbans and curly shoes riding camels or a concealed version of the Orion belt thing – (but it cannot be that because it would make Jesus the sun)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Very interesting. It's a shame information and ideas like this are considered fringe.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Can't answer the one most important question ? Can't offer an alternate creation theory ? Within this one very important question rest the whole validity of your anti biblical position and process of logic .

Yes, I can. The Sumerian Enuma Elish creation story. It not only reads better, but makes a great deal more sense than the two (2) creation stories in the Bible. Of course, every Culture has it's Creation Myths.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I'd love to hear you inject the Biblical Creation story with some logic.

Clearly, you haven't read any of my posts, or you'd have already seen the Bible for exactly what it is...a temporary solution that has outworn its effectiveness.

Actually, Starchild, I do read you, and have replied to you many times in the past. Please, open the conversation, I will join in. I have some opinions on the two creation stories, and where they originated from, but, if you have been reading me, you already know what I will say.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Is that the best you could do? You actually read that all the way through ! Boy your really pulling at straws . Couldn't find science to deny creation by God as a superior being able to do the impossible , so you try to pass off what ? What exactly is your point exactly ? Do you hate the God of the bible so much that you would rather believe there are many gods . Neptune , Apollo, Venus. And whom has decided that the Sumerians tablets predate the biblical account . There are a lot of areas of the bible that brings questions concerning the early times that we really don't need to know that is far beyond our pay grade . We are here now , we can't come up with a plausible way life could have spontaneously occurred and believe it or not we can not prove anything has evolved . Mutations and genetic alterations but I don't believe they reproduce . So much for evolution ! There were 3 creations .
The first was the creatures that swims in the sea and flies in the sky . The second was the beast and things that crawls on the ground . The third is where God said now Let us create man in our image . We are in the image of the Father , Son (Lord) and the Holy Spirit . That is why they could never find the missing link . Now the 1st two creations may in some ways seem like Evolution because they were 2 @ single source creations .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Is that the best you could do? You actually read that all the way through ! Boy your really pulling at straws . Couldn't find science to deny creation by God as a superior being able to do the impossible ,

If you are going to say a ‘mythical being able to do the impossible’ did it – then any ‘mythical being able to do the impossible’ might have done it – there is nothing to distinguish between Odin/Zeus/Bible god or any other ‘mythical being able to do the impossible’

So why should anybody think your choice is right over any other guess as to which mythical being did it?

Well I guess we could remove mythical being /creation stories that we now know have to be wrong
for example:
in genesis it says bible god made life forms that use photosynthesis to live (plants and so on) before he got around to making the sun – and that’s just plain silly so we can forget about the bible

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Is that the best you could do? You actually read that all the way through ! Boy your really pulling at straws .

And you are nit picking. Stop it.

Couldn't find science to deny creation by God as a superior being able to do the impossible , so you try to pass off what ? What exactly is your point exactly ?

There are many scientific disciplines that believe is a "Big Bang" scenario, rather than a Supreme God who snaps his fingers and makes everything happen. Neither can be proved, or disproved.

Do you hate the God of the bible so much that you would rather believe there are many gods . Neptune , Apollo, Venus.

How can you say that, like that, if you have not researched it your own self and saw the God of the Bible as he really is?
Take a read here at these Bible Atrocities, for what I am talking about. And also, I am not the only one who has discovered, much to my own amazement, that the Biblical Yahweh was actually a dragon. I do not say that lightly either, it comes from a great deal of research into the Bible itself. I postulated this theory in a thread here: Were Humans Created by Reptilians?
(From that Thread)

I have also pondered the possibility that Yahweh did not want anyone to see his physical form because he was so extremely ugly and gross. Could Yahweh have been a Reptilian? After all, remember what Yahweh told Moses when Moses asked to see his face.....All Moses got to see was Yahweh's behind. could it be that Yahweh was a Reptilian, perhaps one of the Anunnaki, like Marduk? That would certainly explain why Yahweh refused Moses' request.

So, you see? I may be wrong, but then that means the Bible and all ancient texts are wrong too.

And whom has decided that the Sumerians tablets predate the biblical account .

History did, actually:

Mesopotamian Eden predates Genesis

An example of a cylinder seal depicting a Garden of Eden story. A man and woman sitting under the seven branched Tree of Life. Note the snake on the right. Akkadian Cylinder Seal, 2330-2150 B.C.E.

Virtually every human civilization in the Middle East, before and through Biblical times, practiced some form of female goddess worship. Archeologists have confirmed that the earliest law, government, medicine, agriculture, architecture, metallurgy, wheeled vehicles, ceramics, textiles and written language had initially developed in societies that worshiped the Goddess. Later the goddesses became more war-like with the influence of the northern invaders who slowly replaced the goddesses with their mountain male war gods. So why doesn't the Bible mention anything about the Goddess? In fact it does, but in disguise from converting the name of the goddesses to masculine terms. Many times "Gods" in the Bible refers to goddesses. Ashtoreth, or Asherah, named of masculine gender, for example, actually refers to Astarte- the Great Goddess. The Old Testament doesn't even have a word for Goddess. The goddesses, sometimes, refers to the Hebrew word "Elohim" (masculine plural form) which later religionists mistranslated into the singular "God." The Bible authors converted the ancient goddess symbols into icons of evil. As such, the snake, serpents, tree of knowledge, horns (of the bull), became associated with Satan. The end result gave women the status of inferiority, a result which we still see to this day.
source

There are a lot of areas of the bible that brings questions concerning the early times that we really don't need to know that is far beyond our pay grade .

Cute, but that is not me. I have clearance, and want to be read in on everything. I like my questions answered, than you.

We are in the image of the Father , Son (Lord) and the Holy Spirit . That is why they could never find the missing link .

Friend, I am not about to try and guess how three males made you, but I myself came through the waters and vagina of Woman. Woman is the Life-giver, and that is a fact that cannot change.

“Judge not, that ye be not judged” (Matthew 7:1) and “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven” (Luke 6:37). I have yet to meet a Christian who has not judged me for my views on well researched religious topics.
The world is full of judges, juries, voters, employers, teachers, etc. which are all constantly judging others already, why do Christians judge others so?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I have to disagree; Yahweh is not a dragon. He is a The Canaanite War God predating The Bible. There are even pictures of him [1]. Also, here is El (who will later be Eloah, Elyon, Elohim). [2]

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Ok bud where did the matter that comprised the Big Bang theory come from and where did it occur.
You really go off the deep end with your explanations . No logic , just what ever you can look up thats really bazaar . Go on with your bad self ! Put your tin hat on and sail on .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

If you need to ask "where" did it happen, then you don't know anything about the big bang theory...

If you have to ask what "created" it, you don't know even the basics of quantum physics and vacuum energy.

You should actually RESEARCH the subject before you claim that it isn't true.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Okay, lets ignore King James, his power struggle and all those subtle and not so subtle nuances that have found their way into the thoughts and minds of believers and non believers alike.
What about William Tyndale? He was burned at the stake for producing his translated version of the bible (roughly 75 years before the 'authorised' KJV).
Clearly, he felt it was worth burning for.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join