It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of the King James Bible and the New Testament, and the Forgery, and Pagan influences in

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by autowrench

...I believe that "we" (our Higher Selves) come back over and over together with the cohort, like a graduating class....who goes from "Freshman to PhD" concurrently. Different ages, genders, etc., but working together as teams.

We re-meet in different roles, or to wrap up earlier projects left undone.. to work things out that still need tweaking. From time to time, we merely run into one another -- a co-passenger on a train, a roommate, a co-worker, a child or parent, a client, an ATS member, a neighbor, a store clerk or mechanic that you come to know... all connected --- like an acting troupe, (or troop?...both, I guess) but not entertaining anyone else. Just, problem solving, growing up, trying it all on. Sometimes we are born into the very family that we just left....

I think there are a lot more of us than are represented here on ATS. But even so, as big as it is, we have a formidable number of like-minded people here like I have not experienced "on the ground." Which, for me, is empowering, and treasured. I have learned so much about "outlook" (positive or negative).....and I don't have nearly the pent-up anxiety, grief, fear, despair, anger and insecurity that I had before.

I agree with your viewpoint, WildTimes. Sums it up pretty much for me, too.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

We have something VERY SPECIAL for you to do. It's so special, because we are, and SO ARE YOU. Now here, put this in your mouth.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I am happy that you can see this....do you realize you are in one?
Fundamentalist Christianity is a CULT!
Is Christianity a Cult? >>

Humanity is a cult. The planet is a cult. The whole thing came about around other cults that were sacrificing at the temple of Baal and they were a wild bunch, cutting each other up and doing some really crazy things, So these nice Essenes were going to write up a new deal and watch that magic unfold. It's not about what's true, it's about the power of the observer in 1) degree and magnitude of belief 2) degree and magnitude of disbelief 3) ability to cohere with other observers and fill in gaps. Yep. I'm saying that we create reality by 'waveguide' which are groupings in systems of beliefs. Jesus understood this very well in fact, and his magic was really for real (for realz). We are essentially warring manifests. So if I told you a story about some crazy aspect, and you believed me, and then if you did a couple things after that including challenging it, denying it (or maybe denying it 3, ah ha ha, THREE times) you will be inducing a miracle. The rules of manifest are pretty clearly laid out through out many of the texts, it's not getting lost in the details. Call me crazy.
edit on 12-5-2012 by arielburns because: being so silly

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A great read! Thanks autowrench

I like your open minded and humble approach to research, with willingness to entertain ideas without writing them in stone. This is the only way to find real truth. It is heartening to read the thoughts of another which closely parallel my own.
As a species we have to learn to embrace the pursuit of knowledge, not as a means to an end, but for the love of knowledge itself.

Still waters stagnate, but the river flows forever, breathing life into all it touches

i look forward to your next thread!

Ed to add: i would flag the thread but for some reason the flag button seems broken

edit on 12-5-2012 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
[mor 2nd Timothy chapter 4
Verse 1. I charge thee therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ , who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom.
Verse 2. Preach the word; be instant in season , out of season; reprove , rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine .
Verse 3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine ; but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.
Verse 4 . And they shall turn away their ears from the truth , and shall be turned unto fables .

This was written some 2,000 years ago about some of the people on this blog .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Excellent study and reveal. I like to think that religion is man made. And has always been so in order to quell the true spiritual yearnings in every soul. Over the millennia the themes of religion have not changed much because they are required in order to control one aspect of peoples minds when it comes to societal requisites and especially the fomenting of wars in the name of God (Crusades).

In the future, if it exists, they will dig up our ruins and put together that we have been misguided as we think those in the middle ages were. Churchianity (religion), evolution (state science), and war (crusades) will be our legacy to them.

And they will shake their heads and roll their eyes too.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You don't look at the bigger picture much, do you?

Only what you want to look at. Just like the rest of these people.

And what's more, you won't listen if you're told the true nature of religion. So be it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by intrptr

bigger picture?
Oh please do draw me one...

these people.
The people.

you won't listen
We're all ears...

So be it.
Good. "These people" are waiting for you to save their souls. Out with it...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Not every religion is about "saving" souls. Some actually learn to appreciate nature.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
A great read! Thanks autowrench

I like your open minded and humble approach to research, with willingness to entertain ideas without writing them in stone. This is the only way to find real truth. It is heartening to read the thoughts of another which closely parallel my own.
As a species we have to learn to embrace the pursuit of knowledge, not as a means to an end, but for the love of knowledge itself.

Still waters stagnate, but the river flows forever, breathing life into all it touches

i look forward to your next thread!

Well thank you friend, don't believe we have debated before, have we? What you said struck a cord in me, like we have a connection that goes far and above from this simple medium we call ATS. Like many in here, I too am searching, searching not just for truth, but also for who I am, really am, and a full explanation of the events bordering on the supernatural that have been a part of my for all of my life.

I believe in always being Dynamic, and never becoming Static. Again Thank you for the kind words, I at your service, friend.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

This was written some 2,000 years ago about some of the people on this blog

(I got it, veiled insult)
Yes, but written by whom, exactly? Knowing that Bacon and Dee had the King James to edit as they chose for over a year, how can you trust anything written in there anymore? The question will always plague you from this day forth, was it Bacon who wrote this, was it John Dee?

I always knew there are something about the Bible I just didn't trust, and this project proved it to myself, even if not to some.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I doubt you really have researched your claims . You don't care if your dribble has been vetted ,it's good enough for you and you have heard it enough that you parrot it over and over . You don't care to come under the authority of the bible and I'll bet other authority . You keep on about the King James bible , well what about the Torah and Tanakh who compromised them . How about the original scrolls and letters written by the Apostles .
No you just hate the idea that someone might be keeping tabs on your activities , and you will answer later for everything .So with out an idea how man or anything else come to be on this rock you will do anything to dismantle the Christian faith or anything else that hazards your life style .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Originally posted by intrptr

Not every religion is about "saving" souls. Some actually learn to appreciate nature.

I was being facetious. I liked to have "both".

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

I doubt you really have researched your claims . You don't care if your dribble has been vetted ,it's good enough for you and you have heard it enough that you parrot it over and over . You don't care to come under the authority of the bible and I'll bet other authority . You keep on about the King James bible , well what about the Torah and Tanakh who compromised them . How about the original scrolls and letters written by the Apostles .
No you just hate the idea that someone might be keeping tabs on your activities , and you will answer later for everything .So with out an idea how man or anything else come to be on this rock you will do anything to dismantle the Christian faith or anything else that hazards your life style .

Not only researched, but throughly researched. In fact, I fail to see how this isn't common knowledge! Typed the words "Francis Bacon and the King James Bible" into my search engine, and I got 422,552 pages attaining to it. I have seen not real evidence of "the Apostles", in fact, I highly doubt any of them were real. I am not the only one taking the famous holy book apart, there are many of us out there. Religious people need to awaken, and stop counting on, and blaming an invisible God for everything. And stop trying to re-engineer society in their ways. Nobody is coming to save you and take you to a magickal place made of gold and jewels, it is the same Afterlife for everyone, that is, unless you are fully convinced of what it will be like, they it will be like that for you, if that is what you desire. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. I am more into loud Rock music, cold beers, and the greatest of herbs, good food, not that we will need it, and lots of pretty women, not to even mention all old friends and family.

As for the Torah and Tanakh, I know a Hebrew Scholar personally. He tells me that neither of them are original, but are copies of copies, just like all religious texts and scrolls. All Roads lead to Ancient Sumer, friend.

And you are right, someone does keep tabs on me, but it isn't who you think it is. I answer to an authority that is above your pay grade and classification.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

No worries
No, i don't think we've spoken before, just thought i'd chime in my support for your efforts

Ed: just found your other thread.. yup, we're on the same page

edit on 22-5-2012 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Just reading a part of your post has presented many errors. Bacon was not on the committee. The list of manuscripts is long. You only found a picture or a fragment, the entire of body of fragments is much longer. There is so much to say to rectify all the disinformation you present.
I will use a different tact. First, I think that God wrote the Bible and told holy men of old what to write. Now then, God knows all languages, so if he wanted to put his Word into another language, He would know exactly how to best phrase Himself. So, He did the samething He did the first time, He moved on holy men to translate His Word into English (and any other language He wanted to have it.) We have so many versions because so many thought they could so it without God's help or they wanted to improve it of make a new version for profit or personal preference. There is only one true Bible and it's the KJB.
I see a lot of anger in your posts. I think you need to resolve that and take a unbiased look.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Your frustration is turning to anger, it's understandable, because it's a valid threat to your beliefs. While you might not admit it, I think you realize that just maybe the bible isn't everything you thought it was. But I could be wrong.

Memorizing scripture and throwing out quotes seems just a little self serving, I'm sure it's impressive to other believers, but why not offer you're own thoughts in your own words? I for one would be interested in hearing compelling arguments from your point of view regarding the origins of the bible.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Not only researched, but throughly researched. In fact, I fail to see how this isn't common knowledge! Typed the words "Francis Bacon and the King James Bible" into my search engine, and I got 422,552 pages attaining to it.

I typed in "Bacon and Eggs King James" and got over a million hits. Pretty cool huh?

What do you get when you type in "Textus Receptus"?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I typed in "Bacon and Eggs King James" and got over a million hits. Pretty cool huh?

What do you get when you type in "Textus Receptus"?

The joke's on you, THAT is how you react?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join