It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by amongus

Ouch....

Well up until this point it seemed to be about these ghost apps in general.

Fine...I will take my app somewhere else. pffffff

Lol No! I'm just saying that I spent a lot of time, reading your post that talks about your experiment w YOUR app, only to realize it means nothing to me.....since I have ghost radar.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Well no, it does have relevance. It is the random word generator. Both apps have this.

From what I am thinking, both apps should be able to be used by a spirit to communicate through the word generator. Kind if like the ghost box that scans frequencies and picks up words. All of these applications SHOULD be able to be manipulated by spirits to make words. They all might use a slightly different way of scanning, but the spirit has to figure out how to use it to put forth words....

So in my mind, although they are diferent apps, they should have the same end results.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
AND...here are the results from my test of placing the G.R., alone in a room for an hour, on top my Ancient Mysterious Ritual Bowl www.abovetopsecret.com...
GROUND...FORMER...STUCK...BLOW...TOPIC...METAL...ROMAN (cool...as it may be Archaic Etruscan)...SLEEP...FELL...SERVICE...TODAY...FACE...CANNOT...CLASS...FURNITURE...PRICE!

I don't think there is much to work with here, however, "ROMAN" was an unusual and unexpected hit.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hey,Tat,well that was weird ,wasn't it.

From an earlier post on my experiment,this weekend was........I worked ALOT and was very ill.

I keep getting a reoccurring wording,January and disease,courage and ill. This is on both devices. Weird.

From the 24 th...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It took all I could muster to get through it.
edit on 29-4-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

More weirdness from the G.R. Hope you're feeling better, kdog.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

The female names I've seen so far: Sally, Ellen, and Betsy (and Johnny - which is typically a man's name, but it is the name of one of the girls in my office)

Just out of curiosity. Does the GR app always speak in a female voice? Because I swear one time it said a word in a male voice. At the time I didn't really pay attention to what the word was, but I specifically remember it changing to a male tone of voice. Maybe it changes randomly. Or maybe the app voice slowed down for whatever reason, making the voice sound male. It's possible the tone didn't change at all, and it was just how I perceived it at that moment because I was talking to my sister at the same time.
edit on 4/30/2012 by toriacee because: added name

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by toriacee

That's funny, MY G.R. speaks in a definitely MALE, 'Stephen Hawking' kind of voice.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Interesting, mine and the same App but on a different phone, speaks in the female version. Wonder if there is a default setting on one's smartphone. If it's anything like Microsoft text to speech (Microsoft SAM) used by Narrator in Windows 2000, one can choose from male or female, but it defaults to male.

Microsoft text-to-speech voices

edit on 4/30/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This pc one seems to know when I get up and sit back down.
Many times the last two days it has been quiet and then I will get up and it will say something, and when I come back and go to sit down it says something. Just random words though, but does it a lot.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I've got mine on iPad...and couldn't find any 'voice' setting in the G.R.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hi Darkblade,
It sounds like you've got a pretty interesting version for your pc.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

I've got mine on iPad...and couldn't find any 'voice' setting in the G.R.

Same here....

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I have half a mind to perhaps create some dialogue with the developer. If I remember there was a contact section on the developers page. Maybe I'll direct him/her to this thread and he/she can answer some of the queries posted so far. It's worth a shot right? Hopefully, they will shed some light.

U2U me any specifics you feel I should ask.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

It doesn't do much else lol

Unless I buy it.

Fun to experiment and keep my head busy anyways

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

UberL...I think that would be really helpful.
There IS something here, more than coincidence or randomness...but I'll be damned if I can figure out exactly what it is or how it works.
Perhaps, the human element is the key; perception being everything.
If human perception is the 'Lathe of Heaven'...maybe it holds true for the afterlife, as well.

edit on 30-4-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Here's the message I sent to the developer via the contact page...I will post any responses I receive, never know, the developer may instead just show up in your thread OP.

Hello,

I am writing you with a respectful request with the hopes of borrowing a little of your valuable time to perhaps assist a few members of a popular alternative news forum called AboveTopSecret.com (or as we refer to it as, "ATS" - www.AboveTopSecret.com...). I have been a contributing member for over 2 years to this website and have recently been involved in a thread in the Paranormal Studies forum.

The thread's title is "My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!" authored by a fellow member (user ID IAMTAT (www.abovetopsecret.com...). The OP (original poster - IAMTAT) began the thread with a very coincidental occurrence that took place with the VOX feature that, as you can see from the thread title, left them "freaked". With that, other members have chimed in with their own stories and though there is the overall consensus that your App does in fact "Note" that it is for entertainment purposes only, there have been replies within this thread regarding the messages the VOX has delivered that are seemingly (to the user) MORE than just a coincidence, among other topics of discussion revolving around mainly this App and others like it.

There has been quite a few queries proposed throughout the thread and I volunteered to contact you to foremost and if your time permits, invite you to read the thread, second, to extend an invitation to sign-up to ATS (free membership btw), and if you are so inclined to perhaps respond to some of the queries that have been posted thus far in the thread. If not, then perhaps I could present you with a few of the main questions that have been posed and I will relay any response(s) you're willing to provide.

Please understand that we wouldn't expect you to give away any trade secrets regarding the App, that's not anyone's intent. We are just an inquisitive bunch that prefers to have an understanding and any information that comes directly from the horse’s mouth is always welcome. Thank you in advance for your time and any input you're willing to provide.

Respectfully,
UberL33t

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Wow that was prompt...here's the reply (screen capture):

I will respond and thank him for the promptness tonight and allow members of this thread to U2U me with any queries they'd like me to reply to him with. I will compile a list tomorrow evening and send him a few of the general questions we have.

OP, I have your question from the U2U you sent me.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think some fringe science items might be able to help detect the paranormal.
There are ghost boxes, devices that cycle through multiple frequencies so fast they shouldn't be able to get any audible signal out of any frequency.
They spit out mostly beeps and clicks but will spit out words, sort of like a live version of EVP.
From what I've read they don't stay on a channel long enough to pick up a word, as each click is a channel change.
The words come in between multiple frequencies.
Since the frequencies are random it would be hard for a combo of AM and FM channels to throw together the right phonemes at the right time to make a word.

There are EMF detectors, proximity detectors.
Ghost traps that emit 2 EM fields out of sync with each other that are supposed to attract, empower and trap spirits.

Is all of this real, IDK, but I hope so as the paranormal fascinates me.

That said, do I think iphone/smart phone apps are legit?
No.
Can our phones do things they weren't designed to, push the limits by hackers and crackers tinkering with them.
Yes.
The apps you can get for free certainly can't do that...
Not without messing with your phone so much it won't work right.

Another reason I think they don't work, check the permissions.
I've looked at these apps out of curiosity.
Most want permission to know "when you are on the phone, what number you are calling, your number and how long the call is".
Location all the time even when the app is off.
Ability to turn on and record with the camera and microphone at any time even when the app is off.
Some even want permission to give you fake data when you use your GPS feature.
That's right either tell you, you aren't where you are, or move your destination and take you where they want you but tell you it's the address you entered.
Even check our email, browsing histories, and record passwords.
There are more but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

You have to ask yourself, why would apps that are designed to help us find the unexplained be so intrusive?
The answer is they wouldn't, these are apps made by data mining companies looking to mine data to sell to companies.
That or they are made by actual phishers, or pharmers to do actual financial harm.

In my opinion, if you want to look into the paranormal get a group of your friends together or find a group online.
Save up your money and slowly buy real equipment.

Watch out for so called paranormal apps, and alwasye read the permissions.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Uber, that's awesome, thanks for doing that on behalf of all of us. Nice of him to respond so quickly, too. Can I just point out that the "for entertainment purposes only" caveat is standard in the paranormal field. You will find the phrase attached to all manner of things, from equipment to psychic readings etc. It's just a standard legal protection.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by toriacee

We have not had any female names so far. Only men names. Our ghost radar speaks in a male voice. At least that's what it sounds like to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join