It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Just as a test to see if ghost radar has a tendency to use the same word patterns, or if they are truly random, I'm going to run the app for five minutes, and post back every word it says.

Be back in five min.

Will be interesting to compare. The "daughter" thing still has me amazed.

Five minutes got me "treated" "noun" and "blow".

Not exactly scientific, but would be interested to see if there are any common words that we all have coming up on GR as an attempt to figure out if it's real.

edit on 5-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I think you would need a larger sample size from a larger group of participants.

As much as I don't like the permissions requested I would be willing to do several 1 hour sessions on GR over 3-5 days to contribute to the study.

I should also note that the words should be time stamped as a study such as this needs as much data as possible.

I think 5-10 volunteers each doing this over 1 hour at a time with breaks as needed due to their lives should be a good sample size.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ok, I was intrigued so I got the app for my iphone.

I have had it a couple of days and it does spit out random words which seem to mean nothing.

However, there have been a few times that it has spit out words that make me kind of do a double take.

I haven't written them down so I can't remember them all.

I do know that two nights in a row, last night and the night before it spit out something that made me pause.

The night before last I drove home from work. When I got home, I turned the GR on and it almost immediately spit out "drove." Ok, I paused and pondered at that.

Then last night, again, I drove home from work but I was also feeling sick. I had been feeling sick for a couple of hours before my drive home and during the drive I felt bad. Stomach issues. Almost like I could throw up at any minute. So anyway, I get home and turn the GR on. It almost immediately said "ill" then "drive."

Again, I paused and pondered.

So. I don't know. I mean, two nights in a row I get home from driving and it says to me "drove" and "drive" with "ill" thrown in last night.

I'm going to keep playing with it. If anything more strange comes up, I will post.

It's at least some entertainment for me.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here's another "hit" I got. I made bread yesterday and just as I took it out of the oven, the GR said "bread." Cool, until I realized that earlier that morning I had emailed my niece about making bread. So it might be snooping through my emails. Bottom line is, sometimes the results can be explained, sometimes they can't. Kind of like the paranormal field in general, no?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kgirl2002

Not if it is just using random generation and data sniffers.

I really think if we get a group of people to objectively record the results and times from several 1 hours sessions we will see it's not paranormal.

I just don't buy that our phones can do this without adverse reactions such as the batteries dying within 30-60 min.

It's snake oil, people who want to believe will believe.

That's why we need volunteers to do an impartial scientific study.
That or find a coder who is also a member of the site and have them analyze the program.

I think there are devices out there that can aid in paranormal studies, our phones just aren't it.
They weren't designed for it.
It's like asking a fork to serve a think soup, sure it can do a half # job, but it can never do it well.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm totally with you on this Pigraphia, perhaps the ultimate results would come from a paranormal investigator using it while on a case alongside their usual equipment. And yes an app developer could perhaps dissect the coding too ? Anyhow, considering this app is free to try, we should be able to assemble lots of results, positve and\or negative. Looking forward to hearing from others here and I've just set GR going on my tablet and on the recommended level surface of a table top. I intend to leave it on for the remainder of the evening and will check any results later.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

I'll volunteer...even though my App is on iPad.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, here´s my experience with the little app on my android phone: spooky enough for me to uninstall it!!!

I tried the GR in the place where i work, alone and in silence, with no one else around, a couple of times. First time i did, i was having a cigarrette and probably my second beer (it was about 10pm), turned the app on, and first thing i got was "slave" (was it telling me that i´m a slave of some substances?...that´s what i thought!). I then asked a question about the future of my job, and i got "tomorrow": the following day we got a nice new project at work! What is amazing is that i didn´t utter a single word, i raised the questions mentally, and the app seemed to answer to the questions right after i raised it in my head, and went silent afterwards. I then asked (mentally) why do i feel so frustrated and violent sometimes? I got "strong" and "ppppaaaapppppaaa", which is "daddy" in Spanish (i live in Spain btw). Ok, spooky enough for me: i know i have a strong character i inheritated from my dad. How could the app have got that? And how does it seem to answer to the questions i raise in my head??
The last thing that finally spooked me: i got 2 dots on the radar, seemingly accross the door of the room where i was, and i was getting a strange feeling after fiddling with the app. I said no way, can´t let this spook me, so i took my courage together, stood up, as i was openming the door the word "attention" popped, and as soon as i opened the door, the 2 dots disappeared, and the app went mute.

So that was enough testing for me, i uninstalled the app, but i still can´t ignore the amazing coincidences in the replies, to questions i was raising in my head!! Thought i´d share with you guys

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jooles

Jooles, hate to tell ya, but just because you uninstalled the app doesn't mean "they" are not still there....

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I'm willing to test this I'm using the Ghost Radar classic(since it's free)

I guess to get this ball rolling reply to this post and we can see who is willing to do some experimenting.

Testing should be done in distinct 1 hour blocks so as to get an approximation of the words in each time slot.
You can do as many 1 hour sessions as you want, or 30 min sessions of time is an issue.

An example of a data entry would be.

Pigraphia:
Saturday 5/5/2012(day month year)
2:30pm-3pm pacific time

The room and activity is optional if that is too personal for you.
Room: Music Room of my house 2 computers present 1 off.
Activity: Working on computer as a moderator.

Sensitivity Low(in the faq it said low gives the best results)
2 blips(blue) reoccurring in the 5 o'clock position between 2-3 circles
1 blip yellow reoccurring at 0,0 access
1 blip blue reoccurring at noon position outer circle

The blips are optional tracking data, but I figured I would throw them in just because extra data is never bad

Words:
Hunt, audience, plan

I typed this post up as I was running the test.
I do suggest taking notes during the test so you can write up the data.

Any other data points y'all can suggest?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kgirl2002

Hehe, thanks, I know, but now at least i don´t have to think too much about it. Sometimes remaining blind is more comfortable

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I have been using Ghost Radar for a few years now on my Ipod Touch. I have used it on many investigations with my partner - especially at Gettysburg. It has been very reliable. I wanted to point out a few things that might assist you with getting results that are not so "random". With regard to settings: I used the advanced settings. Everything is set at 10.0 except for signal timeout which should be registering at 1. Also, the RED blips are the strongest energy indicator, then yellow, then green then blue being the weakest. It is best to focus and be in good positive space before embarking on either asking questions or putting yourself in a place that might be haunted Also, pay attention to the dashes, at the bottom of the VOX screen. Often times words or phonetic spellings will come. At the end of your session - use the Report Readings to send the information to your email. Your email will display the words, the time and also the color. When you go through you can concentrate on the highest energy fields, i.e. the red ones to form your own conclusions. At times I will use the ghost radar on the ipod touch and my partner will use the I-Ovilus on his ipod touch. The I-Ovilus is an application that can be downloaded from www.digitaldowsing.com These results can also be copied and emailed to your account for dissemination. I spend a lot of time at the 20th Maine site (Little Round Top) at Gettysburg and there is a level of comfortability there. I am very familiar with the story and the people who were at that battle. As an example. I sat down and introduced myself again and lit a cigarette. First word, Tobacco - as I go on to say I am there to extoll their bravery and heroism the word comes up "July" which is when it took place. and then straight after that "we're" "human". That is just one of many incidents that I can recall recently because I did not want to make this a long post. I am open to questions and will enjoy exploring ghost radar with you in the coming months. .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vyllyness

I LOVE Gettysburg....Truly one of the most 'spiritual' places in the world...with IMO Little Round Top as the epicenter. Back when one was able, I spent a night on LRT and the area of Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's
historic charge. I wasn't ghost hunting then, but can only imagine how successful it would have been.

Unlike other civil war battlefields, Little Round Top welcomes those who come with respect and reverence; the spirits there are fully aware of your presence and make themselves known to to you in the overall energy which meets you there...especially in the wee hours of the morning.

I'll never forget the place...and all who are able should visit it at least once.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thanks for your post Vyllyness, I was hoping for an investigator to come forward with their findings. The next time I have a go with GR I will try it with your recommended settings. My session the other night resulted in a 1 hour and 40 minutes wait for anything to happen at all, and then in a roughly five hour period of being left to do it's thing, only 35 words were said and nothing of note, the last time it said over one hundred words in half that time. It's strange how it can sometimes be very active and on other occasions pretty quiet. I also intend to try leaving it unattended in the room and to try other rooms around the house.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Received a reply from the developer, allows for some clarification I feel, as well as, eliminates some of the speculation throughout this thread thus far regarding the Ghost Radar App

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Thank you for this, UberL33t. Now I know why I heard both a male and female voice.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

That's interesting, they must have changed their release.
A while back it said it detected EMR, and there is even a debunk video on youtube that says it used to say EMR but they have since removed it.

They do say that they use the accelerometer to detect Quantum Fluctuation which could explain the blips on the radar but not the words.
As the words appear with and without blips.
If there is enough of a presence to pick up words, there should alwayse be a blip with the word, it they are detecting Quantum Fluctuation.

They also say that the extent of their radar could be as much as 50yards.
If they were using the antenna to pick up EMF this is believable, but the accelerometer just isn't that sensitive.
For example, think back to how many times the screen won't flip from portrait to landscape when you move the phone.
Or how many times it flips when you haven't moved it that much.
The accelerometer in these devices just aren't that accurate, and are prone to false reading, delayed reading etc...

Excerpts from their FAQ

Ghost Radar uses a variety of readings from the sensors on the iPhone and iPod touch to measure anomalous changes in the Quantum Flux (en.wikipedia.org...). A large portion of the flux readings come from the background anomalies of the accelerometer. These sensor readings come in constantly and have only very minor changes. Ghost Radar tracks these readings and analyzes them; watching for strange behavior. Based on a multitude of different readings and historical trends Ghost Radar uses its proprietary algorithm to present various visual and audible representations of the readings.

We have been unable to determine the exact range of the radar. It seems capable of detecting signals up to 50 yards. However, one thing to keep in mind is that the signals are coming from all 3 dimensions.

As for their comments on the randomness or not, I can only speak to my experience with companies I have done tech support for.
Companies lie, a lot.

One more thing, have you noticed that the blips appear independent of the radar sweep?
The can appear before it, after it, move without the sweep passing through the blip.
The sweep doesn't erase the blips either as a radar sweep would.
If that radar sweep were legitimate, the blips would only appear, move, and disappear as the sweep passes through each section.
The fact that the blips are independent of the radar sweep means the radar sweep is just for show.
If that is just for show, what else about the app is for show?

I'm really not trying to burst any bubbles as I do believe in the paranormal.
I'm just trying to apply analytical and critical thinking to the question at hand.
The question of the validity of the GR app.

Oh and I see we have had a ghost hunter or two comment on this thread.
I'm trying to get into investigating the paranormal.
Any place you could recommend I start.
I'm already looking for a meetup group, but I'm asking more along the lines of what gadgets.
Any forums, any online retailers that have good equipment, or ones to avoid.
That kind of thing.
I really want to get on an investigation team, and apply my scientific mind and process to help prove the existence of paranormal occurrences.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Uberleet, thanks for posting the reply from the app's developer Spud. By the way did you continue with the ghost box or have you abandoned it now ? I followed your thread closely as it was very interesting but was disappointed when it faded away for whatever reason.

Pigraphia, great analysis and what are your thoughts about Vyllyness' experience on investigations, as he is giving credibility to the GR app ? Hopefully you will form or join a team and report back also.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Pigraphia, glad to hear you're actively looking for a group to join. As for equipment, you can outfit yourself pretty inexpensively, and some of these things you probably already have. Start with the basics: EMF meter, digital camera, digital voice recorder, videocam, a shack hack (Radio Shack radio which has been "hacked" to scan continuously; check YouTube for videos on how to do this). In my kit I also have a remote thermometer and a barometer. Later on you can add items such as the Ovilus or a thermal imaging camera.

Check out these websites:
www.ghostvillage.com... This is a good forum that discusses various equipment. The owner of the site, Jeff Belanger, is a very reputable guy in the paranormal field. I have never bought anything from his site, so I can't vouch for the quality of his equipment. Ghostvillage.com is a very entertaining site overall.

www.digitaldowsing.com This is where I bought my Ovilus and I will probably buy some add-ons. Bill Chappel is pretty much on the cutting edge when it comes to inventing new equipment.

Harbor Freight sells equipment cases with customizable foam inserts to safely hold all of your equipment. Nice to have it all in front of you in an organized way. This kit also doubles as my storm-chasing kit, lol.

Feel free to u2u me if you have any questions.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaspar

No I have not since that experiment, but I have not lost the interest merely the time to devote to it. When I do have the time, I would like to go at it with better equipment, in order to perhaps be able to help better determine anything I happen to record in the future. Thank you for your interest my friend.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join