It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A Word of the Lord For His Bride in This Hour...

page: 9
15
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
And the Holy Spirit. Three persons, One God.

We call God "HIM", not "Them".

Which one of the three is God? If these three are the SAME GOD, then this GOD sent himself (the son part of himself) down to earth as a sacrifice to himself (the father part of himself). How can you deny that? He sacrificed one part of himself to another part of himself.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
And the Holy Spirit. Three persons, One God.

We call God "HIM", not "Them".


Which one of the three is God?


Yes.


If these three are the SAME GOD,


Yes, God is One.


then this GOD sent himself (the son part of himself) down to earth as a sacrifice to himself (the father part of himself).


Not exactly, (i don't know why I'm trying to explain the Trinity to an unbeliever without the Holy Spirit), The Father sent the Son, the Son's "sacrifice" was dying in our stead, on our behalf. He took our sins upon Him, and rose bodily from the grave for our redemption.


How can you deny that?


I deny the straw man/hasty generalized version that's so common.


He sacrificed one part of himself to another part of himself.


No, the Son incarnated and died for us, took our debt and paid it for us.


edit on 24-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This thread (OP) is a love letter to all Christians (Bride of Christ).

NYT, anytime the Lord leads you to share something, know you have people who long to hear it.




edit on 4/24/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by cloudyday
 

How do you define "equal"?

That's Athanasius' terminology, so ask him.
I go with the Arian concept where the Father is greater than the Son, like Jesus said.


The Arian concept was universally rejected at Nicaea as heresy.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady
 



NYT, anytime the Lord leads you to share something, know you have people who long to hear it.


No worries, wherever I hear Him speak I move. it's amazing to read all the comments of the people who this right now Word was either an answered prayer, or spoke directly into their current situation. It's so joyful to see God work like that in a tangible way.

Glory to Him!



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Let's move it into a thread of Praise and Worship and prayers as well. Amen.


This is my KING:





posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


And, for the moment, this is mine:






Just kidding, of course.
I sent you an U2U to express my doubt on your opinion.
edit on 24-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001
 


LOL, which opinion? I make many.


J/k checking now.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Yes.
Yes? I asked which one of the three was God, and "yes" is the answer?


Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Yes, God is One.
Ok, God is one. So all three parts make up the one, same exact being?


Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Not exactly, (i don't know why I'm trying to explain the Trinity to an unbeliever without the Holy Spirit), The Father sent the Son, the Son's "sacrifice" was dying in our stead, on our behalf. He took our sins upon Him, and rose bodily from the grave for our redemption.
It is exactly as I stated it. The Father God sent God the son as a sacrifice. The Father God and the Son God are both parts of the same God. Neither one is greater than the other because they are the same right? You can't worship one and be putting one god before another god can you? So, when the Father God sent God the Son down to earth, this triune God was sending a part of himself down to earth to be sacrificed to another part of himself. That's they way it is. There's really no way around it.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Yes.
Yes? I asked which one of the three was God, and "yes" is the answer?


Yep.



Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Yes, God is One.
Ok, God is one. So all three parts make up the one, same exact being?


3 persons, One God. Him not Them.



Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Not exactly, (i don't know why I'm trying to explain the Trinity to an unbeliever without the Holy Spirit), The Father sent the Son, the Son's "sacrifice" was dying in our stead, on our behalf. He took our sins upon Him, and rose bodily from the grave for our redemption.


It is exactly as I stated it.


Alright, i suppose you know the Trinity better than any of us do.



The Father God sent God the son as a sacrifice. The Father God and the Son God are both parts of the same God. Neither one is greater than the other because they are the same right? You can't worship one and be putting one god before another god can you? So, when the Father God sent God the Son down to earth, this triune God was sending a part of himself down to earth to be sacrificed to another part of himself. That's they way it is. There's really no way around it.


One Person of the Triune God sent the other Person of the Triune God. Check these out:


Who raised Jesus from the dead?
The Father (Rom 6:4, Acts 3:26, I Thes 1:10)
The Son (John 2:19-21, 10:17-18),
The Spirit (Rom 8:11) or
God (Heb 13:20,Acts13:30,17:31)

Who is God?
The Father (Eph 4:6)
The Son (Tit 2:13, John 1:1, 20:28, 9:35-37)
The Spirit (Gen 1:2, Ps 104:30) or
God (Gen 1:1, Heb 11:3)

Who saves mankind?
The Father (I Pet 1:3)
The Son (John 5:21, 4:14)
The Spirit (John 3:6, Tit 3:5) or
God (I John 3:9)

Who justifies man?
The Father (Jer 23:6, II Cor 5:19)
The Son (Rom 5:9, 10:4, II Cor 5:19,21)
The Spirit (I Cor 6:11, Gal 5:5) or
God (Rom 45:6, 9:33)

Who sanctifies man?
The Father (Jude 1),
The Son (Tit 2:14),
The Spirit (I Pet 1:2) or
God (Ex 31:13)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
And the Holy Spirit. Three persons, One God.

We call God "HIM", not "Them".

Which one of the three is God? If these three are the SAME GOD, then this GOD sent himself (the son part of himself) down to earth as a sacrifice to himself (the father part of himself). How can you deny that? He sacrificed one part of himself to another part of himself.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)


Why do you try to confuse yourself?

I will simplify it for you.

Yeshua is God.

The End.

As for Yeshua being lesser than "the Father", no he is not, he is equal, because the only thing that can be equal to God is himself.

Philippians 2: 5-11

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Like NuT says, this is probably pointless even pointing this out.

Yeshua is God, if you can understand that much and believe it you're doing good.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Yep.
M'kay.



Originally posted by NOTurTypical
3 persons, One God. Him not Them.
Exactly what I'm saying.


Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Alright, i suppose you know the Trinity better than any of us do.
Nope, just trying to figure out what you are saying, and why it isn't the same thing I'm saying.


Originally posted by NOTurTypicalOne Person of the Triune God sent the other Person of the Triune God.
That's what I said.


edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Why do you try to confuse yourself?

I will simplify it for you.

Yeshua is God.

The End.
Yeshua is God, now is that Yeshua the son? The father is God also, right? You can't put one before the other because they are both the same exact God, right?


Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
As for Yeshua being lesser than "the Father", no he is not, he is equal, because the only thing that can be equal to God is himself.

Ok, so Yeshua and the Father are equal, because God can only be equal to himself. This is exactly what I'm saying. And, the father part of himself sent the son part of himself to sacrifice the son part of himself to the father part of himself. It's exactly what you guys are saying but won't admit to for some reason. He sacrificed himself to himself.

The only way it wouldn't be that way is if they are not the same exact being.


edit on 25-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I don't think man is capable of fully defining God .He is indescribable ..Like the most beautiful thing you could ever imagine and so much more ..we put Him in terms like a family ..one family 3 members ..1 member goes away but they are still 1 family with 3 members ..Given that we have descriptions in human terms that tell us about the Son ,how he talked ,how He acted ,and what He said about His Father ,we know so little about how great They are ..peace



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
I don't think man is capable of fully defining God .He is indescribable ..Like the most beautiful thing you could ever imagine and so much more ..we put Him in terms like a family ..one family 3 members ..1 member goes away but they are still 1 family with 3 members ..Given that we have descriptions in human terms that tell us about the Son ,how he talked ,how He acted ,and what He said about His Father ,we know so little about how great They are ..peace
With 3 members in 1 family, you have three distinct individuals. All 3 have different personalities, different ideas, different beliefs, different hopes, different dreams, different goals. Is this how the biblical god is?
edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. People get so confused over this trinity stuff. Yeshua was the first and original comforter, this means he is the Holy Spirit.

John 14: 7-9

7“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Right here Yeshua is saying he is the Father and he is telling Thomas and Philip that he is looking at the Father. Until Yeshua no man had seen the Father.

The entire theme of the OT and NT is to establish Yeshua is God. That he is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Just dump the trinity stuff and you will be less confused. People take such an easy concept to grasp and make it harder than what it really is.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
I'm not arguing that, matter of fact I agree according to the bible.


Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Right here Yeshua is saying he is the Father and he is telling Thomas and Philip that he is looking at the Father. Until Yeshua no man had seen the Father.
No argument from me here.


Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The entire theme of the OT and NT is to establish Yeshua is God. That he is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Just dump the trinity stuff and you will be less confused. People take such an easy concept to grasp and make it harder than what it really is.
Then you should agree with me that your God sent himself to earth and sacrificed himself to himself. It HAS be that way. It can't be any other way if you believe that these three beings are all the same being.

The father accepted the sacrifice of the son for everyone's sins. The father and the son are the same being. He accepted a sacrifice of himself to himself.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
I'm not arguing that, matter of fact I agree according to the bible.


Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Right here Yeshua is saying he is the Father and he is telling Thomas and Philip that he is looking at the Father. Until Yeshua no man had seen the Father.
No argument from me here.


Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The entire theme of the OT and NT is to establish Yeshua is God. That he is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Just dump the trinity stuff and you will be less confused. People take such an easy concept to grasp and make it harder than what it really is.
Then you should agree with me that your God sent himself to earth and sacrificed himself to himself. It HAS be that way. It can't be any other way if you believe that these three beings are all the same being.

The father accepted the sacrifice of the son for everyone's sins. The father and the son are the same being. He accepted a sacrifice of himself to himself.


Yes i do agree, when you boil it down to the basics this is what happened. According to jewish lore they believe the Savior is God himself, which is why they do not believe the Savior is Jesus. Do you see the irony? They say he is omnipotent but that he doesn't have the power to manifest in flesh. We say he did just that. Basically we're unorthodox jews, messianic jews minus the extensive rituals. It is not uncommon to see messianic jews and christians worshipping in the same church.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


YOu know what peeves me about christians (as specially harcore ones?

Not the fact that they will stand there in a coffe shop and belch out phrase after phrase form the bibe (trying to convert you), while your trying to relax and have a cup of coffee.

Not that they will knock on your door at 6.00am in the morning to give you the good word and ask you to considre joining the flock.

Not that theybabble on endlessly about how real their god is and that thye don't need proof he is real and neither do "YOU", just accept the good book as the proof..

What really peeves me about christians is that they waste half their day praying on their knees, when they could be doing something productive... OMG!! Moring noon and night..lol

Got nothing against God personally, just his fan club I cannot stand..

edit on 4/25/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 
Define is.....peace



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join