It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Word of the Lord For His Bride in This Hour...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

So are you implying that Christianity is a polytheistic religion?

I'm not implying anything, I am giving you the facts. It seems a lot of people don't understand the "orthodox Catholic" view of the Trinity, and that was the point of the original start of the Catholic wars, which is: 'normal people don't need to be troubling their pretty little heads with such matters best left to the professionals.'

Now you can see this explanation as polytheistic, but it would be according to whatever way you define that term.
I personally have no problem with polytheism, and at the time of the beginning of the Christian era, the concept of a God, who can be addressed as a single entity was long in common use among the "pagan" Greeks.
I believe the followers of what we today call Judaism did the same thing, but in a top-down way, rather than the organic way it came about among the Greeks.

I agree. My wife tells me that all the time when we try to have a discussion about religion. To some Christians, it's about being right; but to me it's just about discussing issues I see. I honestly don't see how any Christian is in any position to tell anyone they can't understand the Bible, when there is thousands of different denominations out there with different views and interpretations.
I think generally what people really are thinking when they say things like that, is more like how to reconcile the contradictions, and to be submissive, which you do as a fair trade to hold onto whatever community spirit you enjoy in whatever fellowship you are involved with and you go along to get along. Rocking the boat is not allowed, and for good reason, and when someone does, they are ostracized, which people are willing to compromise their integrity to avoid.
Personally, part of the reason I am the way I am is that I grew up in a church congregation full of real Christians who allowed persons to get up and voice their opinions that went directly against the closely held fundamental beliefs of the denomination, and the rest still treated those persons like anyone else. So I have a higher standard, I guess, for personal integrity, where you do not automatically accept a truckload of doctrines because "everyone else is doing it".
edit on 24-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No thats called "parking lot prophets" thats not Biblical. A real prophecy is given to a person and submitted to the order given in the church. Given to the pastor, then him and the elected elders decided if its from the Lord or not by seeking His council in prayer.
OK, so are you saying now that you are an "approved" prophet? That makes sense, from my experience with Charismatics, where they would want to put a leash on it so not "just anyone" gets up and starts prophesying. Your church probably has a long history of such matters and learned long ago to muzzle the spirit.
So once you got the approval to give your testimony in church, then you decided that you must be special and so it is high time that you "went viral" on the internet.
You have a different board of supervisors here who you have to go through and they may not be so approving. To me, you have convincingly made the case that you have no powers of prophecy whatsoever, a case in point would be the blatant plagiarism in the Original Post.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Take a Spiritual Gift Analysis. They are free. It identifies your gifts, so you can be eqipped for the ministry. Less than 1% score prophet as their primary gift. Not only that you need to be 100% submitted to a spiritual father in the faith and receive his blessing and calling. This is simple Ephesians 4 ordination. One thing about prophets, if they have a desire for this calling its pretty certain they dont have it. You dont get praises from anyone, in fact most people are angry with what we have to say. Most people immediatly rejwct it. No one likes someone who can look at them and "read their mail". It makes people very uncomfortable.

Just take several Gift Analyses, they are free. Bishops, decons, elders and ministers are elected positions. Apostles, prophets, pastors and teachers are callings from the Lord. We cant be voted out because we were never voted in. Prophets especially, ur job is to shake trees so the things which cannot be shook remain and the Lord rebuilds from that. He was constantly thinning down His followers, not adding to them.

But ENOUGH about me, this thread isnt about me. Go write a blog or badmouth me all you want on your radio show, go for it, you have my blessing to do so. Im not talking about me after this post. This is about Christ and His message for His bride. Many of them have been blessed tremendously already, AMEN FOR THAT, glory to God.

Anything else about me will be ignored. Start proclaiming Christ for a change, quit preaching always an anti-theology agaist some brother and spend your time focusing people on the Lord and His cross.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thanks for making this thread hit 7 pages though, could never have done that without your help.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
They don't call me the NuTty Professor for nuttin, right Hydro?
Hahahahahaha, it's all in good fun.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

. . . this thread isnt about me.

Hmm . . really?
So, what is this about a "spiritual Father you must submit to"? This sounds like what I was talking with Pthena about, the introduction of Catholic practices into Protestantism. This is how it is done, with a so-called mentor who becomes your virtual Catholic priest. No thanks, on that, so I am not going to be calling on your church for any advice.
So, why is it that what you do is "shaking trees" and what I do is "preaching an anti-theology agaist some brother"? I think it is only a matter of perspective, where you feel you are right because you have people who tell you that you are.
This part here of your post I do not accept as being an endorsement of your prophetic powers "You dont get praises from anyone . . . " after your touting of the three thanks you were given on this thread.

Anything else about me will be ignored.
Apparently along with everything else I raised on this thread. I guess maybe I should just stop posting in the form of a question since you are unable or unwilling to answer questions. I will just give my counter opinions.

. . . badmouth me all you want on your radio show . . .
Are you giving me permission to refer to you by name? Maybe you want some more exposure.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
I honestly don't see how any Christian is in any position to tell anyone they can't understand the Bible, when there is thousands of different denominations out there with different views and interpretations.
They usually say that those who don't interpret it the way they do does not have the holy spirit, or those people aren't true christians. I've seen the christians on this board interpret things differently, and they attempt to correct each other either publicly or U2U each other.

EDIT: I do want to point out something. I mentioned it in an earlier post. You see that NuT typed his message with an error in it. He said "will" instead of "with". This may seem to be a trivial thing, but the man was working with the holy spirit. He was typing out a message from god, but you see...man is fallible. So, how many times did this happen in the past? How many errors were made by uneducated men in the past as they wrote these things down?

Let's just think about this. If this god is real, he allows errors to be made. He allows people to speak for him, to whom he did not speak, as I have shown earlier. He allows changes to be made to his scriptures. He allowed this in the past, he allows it today. How in the world can anyone trust any of it when you look back 3000 years ago to when these writings began? These stories were passed down orally for a couple thousand years before they were ever written down. How can they be accurate, especially knowing that this god allows errors and changes to be made? Don't forget, man is fallible!
edit on 24-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

How in the world can anyone trust any of it when you look back 3000 years ago to when these writings began?
According to the scholars who specialize in this sort of thing, 400 years is the maximum that an oral tradition can be kept intact, so obviously most of the older parts of the Old Testament was basically historical fiction written after the legends and myths had already deteriorated without anything more than a couple of actual facts.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

How in the world can anyone trust any of it when you look back 3000 years ago to when these writings began?
According to the scholars who specialize in this sort of thing, 400 years is the maximum that an oral tradition can be kept intact, so obviously most of the older parts of the Old Testament was basically historical fiction written after the legends and myths had already deteriorated without anything more than a couple of actual facts.
Besides, if Abraham was indeed a real person, the Bible says he came from Ur, a Sumerian city. Doesn't it makes sense that he knew of the Sumerian myths, such as the creation and flood stories, and passed them down?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

They don't call me the NuTty Professor for nuttin, right Hydro?
Hahahahahaha, it's all in good fun.

Hey, i told u I liked it and I was gonna steal it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The Father sent the Son. There was no ransom paid. He was slain before the foundation of the world. (Don't ask for the Physics behind that)
If you worship Jesus, the son, as God, are you breaking the commandment that says, "Thou shall have no other gods before me"? If not, is this because the son and the father are the same being? If so, the father sent himself (the son part of himself) to sacrifice himself to himself (the father part of himself).

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Repent!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Besides, if Abraham was indeed a real person, the Bible says he came from Ur, a Sumerian city. Doesn't it makes sense that he knew of the Sumerian myths, such as the creation and flood stories, and passed them down?
Quite a bit of the mythological parts can be traced to local Canaanite legend so I don't see the Babylonia influence being all that great for the really old parts, and probably more like the story says, from Egypt. Also the Canaan area was an Egyptian province most of the time, up until their power diminished, in that region, in favor of the Assyrians, but by that time, it was already written. There were some changes later on, after the Babylonian exile, to the already existing story.
I don't know if there are any "real" persons prior to the late kingdom era, around the time of the demise of the kingdom of Israel.
What I envision is a period of time when there was a sort of power vacuum where there was a no-man's-land resulting from the withdrawal of the Egyptians, and the delay before the Assyrians pointed their attention to land that mainly was important as a previously underutilized trade route, where the people who seized the opportunity had their scribes draw up a history to include the members of this confederation, and drew bits from the collective memory of these tribes to formulate a document to support the legitimacy of whoever ended up taking the position of king.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Repent!

Nope, not changing my mind on that one. I like it.

Jm's got me liking the word "cult" so I stole that one too. " JESUS FREAK CULT"

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The Father sent the Son. There was no ransom paid. He was slain before the foundation of the world. (Don't ask for the Physics behind that)
If you worship Jesus, the son, as God, are you breaking the commandment that says, "Thou shall have no other gods before me"? If not, is this because the son and the father are the same being? If so, the father sent himself (the son part of himself) to sacrifice himself to himself (the father part of himself).

Or C: Jesus the Son is the spoken Word of a Triune God.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It is a total shame that some on this site would belittle you for bringing a word of encouragement and words of comfort to His bride. Anyone who doubts how much the Lord desires to spend time with His bride His body which is a mystery within its self should read Song of Songs to understand how much relationship is desired by Christ for His bride.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Who became flesh....? I mean, he does sit at the right hand of the father, doesn't he? Do you worship the son?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Notice the language, where there is a vagueness to it where you could possibly picture a single god person with three distinct characteristics (in other words: not the traditional Christian concept of the trinity)
This I see as a ploy by the anti-Christians to make a non-trinitarian belief seem reasonable, where God really has no son but can fill some sort of role being "the word" then go right back to being whoever He was before.
It's incrementalism, adjusting the people's thinking, to accept it a bit at a time, until there is effectively no more individual person, Jesus, who has been, and ever will be a distinct person from his father.
The idea of these people is to eliminate Jesus all together to where people see Jesus and God as two faces of the same person, thus paving the way for re-instituting Judaism as the world's supreme religion. Of course, this retains their "racial superiority" while gentiles retain an eternal second class status as virtual slaves of the "master race".

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
Anyone who doubts how much the Lord desires to spend time with His bride His body which is a mystery within its self should read Song of Songs to understand how much relationship is desired by Christ for His bride.
It would be like me building a robot, then giving it A.I., then marrying it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Jesus is the name of God.
A little bit of a tough concept to understand maybe.
We have a God who is the father of Jesus. Jesus told the Jews no one has ever seem Him, and that they did not know Him. There was an angel, previously, who called himself I Am, who represented God. Jesus when he was on Earth took that position up of being the I Am, so when we say Jesus, we are saying the name of God.
So by worshiping Jesus we are worshiping God through his name.
This is something the anti-Christians hate and want to do away with by things like changing his name to what they call his "real" name, and giving the name YHWH to Jesus' Father. Both of these go directly against the New Testament, another thing on the agenda for eventual elimination once the other measures are adopted fully.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join