It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irrefutable evidence that God exists.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

But this person's definition of God is described as "what is", and this the exact definition in the pantheistic view which has been used since ancient times...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Nicely said. That's exactly how I see God. I just have a hard time explaining it... but you nailed it!

S&F for you^_-

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by ka119

But this person's definition of God is described as "what is", and this the exact definition in the pantheistic view which has been used since ancient times...

So you are then saying that this is irrefutable evidence that god exists?
Because, all in all a definition or idea is still a belief, regardless of how broad it may be

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

This Pretty Sums it Up ....

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen... For the things which are seen are not made of things which are visible." -Hebrews 11

God exist it what we call Dimensional plane God or a Civilization Type 3 A.K.A. God !!
Seeding the Essence of Life around the Universe

a Partial explanation could be in a Movie that is Coming Soon ....

WE are Part God in a Sense .... we Now can create Synthetic Cells we can Mutate , Replicate (( Clone ))
rewire the DNA Sequence or Alter the Genes to Our Needs ! in Plants & Animals !

We are the Gods Now ...

Peter Weyland .... Prometheus 2012

I Love this Clip Teaser !!!

Explaining about Prometheus and Technology from then to Now ! well.. in the Near Future

Prometheus Movie Clip presents Peter Weyland Character

all because he gave us fire our first true piece of technology, fire. 100,000 BC: stone tools, 4000 BC: the wheel, 9th century AD: Gun powder, a bit of a game changer that one, 19th century, Eureka! : The light bulb, 20th Century: The automobile, television, nuclear weapons, space craft, internet, 21st Century: biotech, nano tech, fusion and fission and M theory and that was just the first decade. We are not three months into the year of our Lord, 2023. At this moment in our civilization, we can create cybernetic individuals who in just a few short years will be completely indistinguishable from us, which leads to an obvious conclusion, we are the Gods now.

Speaking of what Peter Weyland is saying About Robots ........
and when you think about Ridley Scotts Blade Runners Replicants
and you think about the Synthetic Cells that is created by Man ...
and the Possibility of Creating a Complex Synthetic Human like a Nexus 6 Replicant
you see in the Movie Blade Runner ...

Asimov -- is getting close of a Human Brain function
New ASIMO learning capabilities

Video that shows ASIMO's new learning capabilities recognizing objects.

So We are Becoming the Gods Now
as we are part of him of his creation that 3 percent different from Ape to MAn

Animal Farm Episode 1, Part 4 of 10

edit on 22-4-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

So does God Exist ...

This BIO Ball ( Earth ) System works Perfectly in Cycling and the Elements work in Harmony

Earth Fire Wind Water for it not to ...
the Perfect Goldilocks Zone we are in the Perfect location and the Orbit we are around the Sun for the 4 seasons that is Harmonic for Life to exist & Size of the Moon & Location of it used as a Buffer for Tital waves
to keep the Flow ... this is a Big Clash for Creationist & Evolutionist I think its a Mixture of Both Myself ..

Something gave Mankind a BOOST ... More So in the early 20th century ... to .... Now ...
Just Look how Much we Accomplished in a 100 years time...

Their is No Other Species on this Planet that has Advanced Like Us !!

But..... Their is a Category Species that is like us in a way ! Insects !!

Ants & Bees !! Farm (Fungus & Aphids (cows) Harvest/ Store Created wars or Defend , Monarchy Chilvery
and Enslavement etc...

How Ants and Humans Are Alike ( see Video )
bigthink.com...

Now as we are Close to the Gods Now ( Genetic Engineering )

we just need to have that Ant Brain go 3 more Around's
in cellular division ! I wonder what would Happen ....

10 Fascinating Facts About Ants
How Teamwork Enables Ants to Rule the World
insects.about.com...

Anyone here know of another Species like Humans & Ants/bees ( incests)

Primates Nope Dolphins Nope ....

my theory that a God exists whether its One or Many Obviously something in a Higher Level then US.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

In science, we would say that you failed to reject your null hypothesis.

Best of luck with future endeavors for evidence.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by ka119

So you are then saying that this is irrefutable evidence that god exists?
Because, all in all a definition or idea is still a belief, regardless of how broad it may be

There is reality, so if you define God as reality, then yes God exists... I'm not sure how this is a "belief" in anyway shape or form...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

the problem is the label. why call it god when you can just call it reality. what is a god? if god is reality, does it care about you? is it intelligent? is it worth worshiping or just admiring?
edit on 22-4-2012 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by arpgme

the problem is the label.

I'm not sure why that is. The reason why it is called God is because it is considered to be worthy of adoration and respect, which is worship. Some people used to worship different things such as large stones or even water...

reply to post by arpgme

if god is reality, does it care about you? is it intelligent? is it worth worshiping or just admiring?

Yes, care and intelligence are a part of reality... and is it "worth" it can only be answered by the individual because worth is value and people have different values. It is redundant to ask one who considers God to be reality if it is "worth" it to worship it.

By the way, one of the definitions of worship is 'adoring reverence or regard'.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
hmm I dont know if I accept that.
see, the theory of every god or deity,supreme,entity,creator,omni,thing is. that they usually are seperate from the whole. The fundamentals of a hologram are that each part reflects the whole. So with this in mind, how can something be "separate" from this world, as in (exists outside,before,after) this reality, yet still have power and ability within it. while being disconnected. Its the same analogy as the "drop of water" disconnected from the ocean, is no more than a drop, but we all know its the ocean, when combined with all the other "drops". Yet do you really think all those drops that form the ocean are (conceiving) while the drop is disconnected, that it must be a god drop?

Stuff is, anything else and its "you"

So then you have this woffle point about how "we are all inside a thing the CREATOR" has put infront of us.

SO ITS A GAME? or a RIDE?
to see who wins. or for us to ride this ride?
when it ends and he jumps out from behind the curtain,, see! wasn't that great...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

your giving reality a face, human traits. the universe doesnt have consciousness. there are conscious beings in it but itself is just energy and matter.

you worship reality, so your basically happy you are alive. you can call it whatever you want but expect ppl to question you when you call the universe god.
edit on 23-4-2012 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
I dont know WHAT god is, but I am 100% CERTAIN that he/she/it has NOTHING to do with our organized religions. They are nothing but a filthy twisted creation of man that is a disservice to any higher power above us that we call "god".

If god has all the characteristics that religion speaks of, then WHY would god need MAN to write a book for him when god could just simply show us humans everything through real-life experiences?

Religious people just refuse to use the brain that they were given to USE...
edit on 21-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

I totally agree with this.

Religion is just a human interpretation of a greater universal consciousness. I do believe that there is some sort of greater cosmic consciousness, but I don't follow religion or get into the specifics in any way.

I believe that if something greater than us does exist, we're not supposed to know anything about it during our physical lives. We're supposed to live in this reality and do the best that we can under these circumstances.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
OP, congrats on recreating pantheism but it's certainly nothing new - this kind of "god" has been "around" for hundreds of years just like any other deity. And the issue with this theory is: it's completely useless - what's the point in calling the universe "god", for what purpose?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I was an atheist for many years purely out of refusal to believe that a real creator could be anything but unconditionally loving of his creations, and no religion depicted god as being that. It wasn't that I felt the existence of god was impossible, but that the god portrayed by traditional religions was horrific at best, unconscionable at worst.

But recently I discovered writings defining god very similarly to how you have here, and I have to say, it makes a hell of a lot more sense than any bible or religious text I've ever read. I can accept nature's version of god more readily than any man's conceptual version. God being literally the essence of everything that exists, meaning we exist within god and not separate from it, makes perfect sense. And God not meddling in our affairs beyond allowing us the arena and opportunities to experience what we desire to (ie "law of attraction", pseduo-science's title for "prayer", which basically means nothing is coincidental).

The majority of these writings I'm talking about were written by scientists, mostly ones interested in quantum physics and/or consciousness, not religious zealots or armchair philosophers. Being ordinary human beings with an interest in the functions of reality and no attached agenda I feel them more trustworthy than any priest or politician.

Extending on your idea from my own research, I think that on top of what you defined God as, God is also influenced by the experiences of all unique conscious beings. A.K.A. collective consciousness. So I think God is the combination of physical reality's nature, eg. evolution/biology/physhics etc. coupled with the learnings of every sentient (and non-sentient) being, combined with only god knows what else from all other possible dimensions/planets/etc.

It would make sense that God, being and knowing everything there is to know, would manifest individual sections of itself so that it could look back on itself and experience itself as what it is. So all of us are sections of god (souls) experiencing itself subjectively in a bioligical virtual reality, and the purpose of life is to 1) discover and know this and 2) do what you want with that information. Who/what you are once you know this is a reflection of your true self (your soul/whatever you wanna call it). What you do with your life after this "enlightenment" is what you manifested yourself here to do. (aka your "purpose" for existing at all). More liberating and motivating than fighting against time and endless sin to make the cut into heaven, I feel!

This brings a whole new perspective to the "love your neighbour" maxim, as well as the "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" ethic. It goes from being an ethical code to a literal correlation. It also removes judgement from the process. If everything is god, then everything is acceptable. Even deformaties/attrocities/mistakes/other religions etc. This is basically what all spiritual masters from Jesus to Buddha say, that true nirvana/heaven is to be found within yourself, on a conscious level, not to be discovered or coaxed out of the external world, and to judge no one. Live and let live. Turn the other cheek. Etc (None of which the caricature of God actually does in the conventional religious texts of the world!) And if you're not content with your own existence, then you will never be satisfied by anything.

What god is not, is a grumpy old man in the sky, displeased with our actions from birth and demanding of obedience in the face of such a treacherous world, but the accumulation of all our experiences now, in the past and in the future to come. This includes aliens assuming they exist (I believe they do) and it's a very compatible spiritual philosophy, it doesn't really conflict or attack any of the sciences but rather merges with them to further explain the origins of even science itself. Hell, it doesn't even attack other religions!

Consider the fact that reality cannot even exist without a conscious observer to manifest it into physhicality. This is a quantum physics revelation. That's a pretty big deal if it's true. That means consciousness comes first, not physicality. That means your mind comes before your body and exists beyond it. Our bodies and our brains might be perishable but consciousness is literally divine and eternal. The only way to comprehend infinity is when you start quantifying things from a consciousness perspective rather than a physhical perspective. Eg. if you could keep your body and brain alive and healthy indefinitely, how long could you exist before your consciousness died? Your very essence of being? Or is it infinite like it appears?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
eternity

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

your giving reality a face, human traits. the universe doesnt have consciousness. there are conscious beings in it but itself is just energy and matter.

Reality is everything so yes, it does have a face and human traits and it does have consciousness too, and yes, it is all made of matter and energy.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by R0B3RTF1SH3R
hmm I dont know if I accept that.
see, the theory of every god or deity,supreme,entity,creator,omni,thing is. that they usually are seperate from the whole. The fundamentals of a hologram are that each part reflects the whole. So with this in mind, how can something be "separate" from this world, as in (exists outside,before,after) this reality, yet still have power and ability within it. while being disconnected.

That is just one theory of God there are many others that actually see God AS reality (pantheism). It doesn't have to be separate. In some views seeing God as "separate" is bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

This is quite silly.

If you're saying god is all and anything, any process, any idea is god, then you've redefined god. But that redefinition is surely just random. In other words, if I said, 'to me god means toast; here's some toast; ergo god exists' it would be just as meaningful.

If on the other hand you are claiming that what you've written is proof that all of everything is somehow a conscience entity, well, you've not come close to proving that.

Very silly stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This is nothing new. Ancient philosophers used to describe the Creator like this. Ancient Egyptian philosophers said that "everything is in motion, everything vibrates" - and what a surprise, atoms have a vibration of their own, they are never at rest. "The all is in THE ALL, and THE ALL is in the all" "THE ALL" being here the creator, the ultimate engineer of the Universe, and "the all" being the Universe itself. So THE ALL has created the Universe, using parts of itself (for example - ideas and emotions), and therefore, THE ALL is in the all... It is explained more deeply in The Kybalion - a text originated from Hermes Trismegistus, a mystical teacher in ancient times. Really interesting read, it really makes you re-think everything you know about the Universe.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
So why do you call it god?

And not :existence?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Your thread may end up in the "hot topics" aka the "trollers section," where topics go of people who write a catchy headline then write something deliberately provocative, but that's it. I am only contributing to the post count that will get it there, but I had to say this. On the other hand, I could be wrong, and I hope these actually opinionated statements of yours get zero more flags or attention, though I know they will.

It really disgusts me to see people spend a few minutes to write something like this, and they get ten times as many flags as I do for something I write that took hours. Yes, I am complaining about something I put a lot of effort into that got very little attention, probably lost among the sea of threads like these, that capture attention and push ones like mine down but contain only just anything that will garner a response.

I am not jealous, because using cheap tricks to get attention is a repulsive idea to me. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are as bad as the National Enquirer, and I sincerely mean that. If I were running this site, I would immediately delete your thread and account for lying, because this site is all about denying ignorance and lies and promoting truth. You have contributed ignorance and lied in your thread title, and therefore you are far from any display of potential truth.

Luckily for you, I don't run the show here, but I will certainly alert the moderators to your obvious lie to keep the site cleaner than a newstand shelf.

-for Truth

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join