It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irrefutable evidence that God exists.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
We were created by a variety of Gods. These Gods were also created by a God or maybe even different Gods. Which Gods created them, and then them and so on is anyone's guess. I would assume when one is talking about God they are talking about the first of the whole geneology of Gods. I think the religions of the world have been suckered into worshipping lower gods.

No doubt that a superior power exist.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
ra·tion·al/ˈraSHənl/
Adjective: Based on or in accordance with reason or logic: "a rational explanation".
Noun: A rational number.
Synonyms:reasonable - sensible - sane - logical

sci·ence/ˈsīəns/
Noun:
1.The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural...
2.A particular area of this: "veterinary science".

@ athiests and religious; Your rational minds LOOK for a God Being, that might resemble man, as man is the only "intelligent" life in our known universe. Your faith is a substitute of fear, of the unknown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Awareness: is the state or ability to perceive, to feel, or to be conscious of events, objects or sensory patterns. In this level of consciousness, sense data can be confirmed by an observer without necessarily implying understanding. More broadly, it is the state or quality of being aware of something. In biological psychology, awareness is defined as a human's or an animal's perception and cognitive reaction to a condition or event

con·scious·ness/ˈkänCHəsnəs/
Noun:
1.The state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.
2.The awareness or perception of something by a person.
Synonyms:awareness - sense - mind - knowledge - conscience

@ Spiritual; Our open consiousness feels God within, knows God is all. My simple definition of "god" is the Prime Creator of all the multi and convoluted Universes. Our hearts and given minds are much more aware of our reality then the common person(s) who look for a god rather feel and know of its existence in everything that is

in·tu·i·tion/ˌint(y)o͞oˈiSHən/
Noun:
1.The ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning.
2.A thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.

Our hearts "intinctivly" know of a higher force and realm of consciousness and awareness..

My Defintiion of Soul;
"What is Soul to You ? ~ Soul is the essence which brings life and creation to be. Individually seperating from the prime creator to experience and expand the ONEness consciousness of the Creator itself. Souls travel through existence to learn, grow, and become something more then it's own ♥

~ Love is an art

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am Wiccan and my main God is just... Someone or something that allowed for something to happen to create everything. Essentially, my God is what was there before the big bang. Or the universe just showing up. Whatever. 99.999999999999% of the time, I see him/it/her as a person. But, when I think of it, I only consider them a person because..... I don't know. All I know is that they (in my mind) want to help but can't and can only watch.

Sometimes I think whatever my God is is magic, sometimes I think they're just a giant person or creature. Someone or something that doesn't care what we do as long as we treat others with love and/or compassion despite our true feelings for someone. If we commit horrific crimes and never feel guilt or remorse for what they did, they will be punished somehow.

It's hard for me to believe in a God considering I don't believe in heaven, hell, or a devil. But I manage. Of course, being Wiccan (loosely defined) really means I have multiple Gods so if one hates me, there will be one that doesn't. Love for everyone! Yay! :3

edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: Colour didn't work

edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: Critical typo ):--

edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: OH MY GOD another critical typo. Treat, not eat.

edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: I give up.

edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StopFearMongering

I knew there was a reason as to why I taste so good with butter!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

My views are quite similar to yours, I've had some interesting meditative experiences that reinforce the belief. The Dao... in Taoism is much like what you describe. In the Tibetan Book of the Dead, Buddhism describes the acceptance of truth that all is universally one, empty but radiant the pathway to leave cyclic existence & suffering. I don't feel like God even needs a name, to me. The earth, the sky, the fire, the water, the stars and the life I'm experiencing are all just extensions of it. If I start talking too much about what I believe it ceases to make sense...some things are just ineffable.

Good post (:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
God loves hatred, violence, inequality, war, famine, pestilence, paedophilia, corruption, discrimination...

...oh. Wait! That's all the Devil's doing. Gotcha!

My bad...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
No, irrefutable proof is not available.

Yes it is.

The proof you claim is nothing more than your opinion.

Maybe, just perhaps, you might be right and I should feel compelled to re-evaluate my opinion.
Perhaps I should open my eye on my opinion.
edit on 22-4-2012 by ILikeStars because: bb code fix

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Oh dear lord. ATS is the wrong place to start a topic with the term "Irrefutable evidence"
. I admire you for your tenacity. Very well articulated. Great statement. Star for OP.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Decent post.

If we're going to give "it" a name. I choose "The Force".

It's very clean and neat and even Star Wars lore makes it fit nicely with my beliefs. Which are not really close to most mainstream religions. The closest I could come up with by taking a "Whats your religion" test by answering some 50+ questions was...Mahayana Buddhist ,in fact the top 3 were all some form of Buddism if I remeber correctly. They give you a top 5 or 10 closest matches with a percentage score. I lost the link, I'd liked to have tried it again now that it's been over 2 years since I took it, and see if I get different results.

But I like "The Force". It fits well with a karma based belief system, where everything in the universe has an equal amount of positive energy as it does negative, perfect balance. The force flows within everyone, it's all around us ect. I'd have to rewatch Yoda's speeches to remember more about the force, but I used to be a huge Star Wars fan, before the prequels and I always liked the idea of a force, or the Force.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I thought this appropriate.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The scientist John Lilly ("...researcher of the nature of consciousness using mainly isolation tanks,[1] dolphin communication, and psychedelic drugs, sometimes in combination." -- Wiki) once commented that God is whatever or whomever is running the cosmic coincidence control office and directing synchronicities.

Star and flag for the OP. I agree with you.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I went along for most of what you said...but....... yea, there's always a 'but'

I don't subscribe to religion, I do believe in an omnipresent all powerful, all knowing God. God in the classical sense as described down through history. I care not what atheists think, it's their choice and has been down through the ages. You can not believe in something unseen unless your heart has faith. I have that faith, it comes to me as my understanding of all I observe, from life experience. Can I make you believe? It's unlikely, unless the Holy Spirit directs me, and makes you receptive, and then I can only convey my knowledge, and I am only a basic theologian. No doctorates or degrees, only my reading and studying the Old and new testament. If you find comfort in not believing, as would seem that is the choice of an atheist, then believe in that premise and defend it. If you have faith in God, stay with it, it is my faith that your faith will serve you well. I to believe religion has been corrupted, in fact I too know it has, but .......yea.... that 'but' again......... God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are mine, and can be anyones...... or not, it's your choice.

These debates will go on until the end of mankind, so it's unlikely a resolution will ever be reached.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
God is a DJ!

his son is just a roadie... think about it

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiningBeneath
I thought this appropriate.

Nice.
2nd

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiningBeneath

I'm not sure what your point is... can you explain how this relates?

These people knew that the volcano was going to erupt by the SIGNS given by the volcano and with their FREE-WILL they still went.
edit on 22-4-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You can only explain God when you can define Satan. There has to be an opposite?

Its like a rainy day... if it rains all the time how can you cherish a sunny day ?

just wondering

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kloejen
You can only explain God when you can define Satan. There has to be an opposite?

Why "must" there be an opposite? You can define God without Satan. God is the light of love which is in all things and you can enhance yourself by choosing to be closer to love. There you go, no definition of a devil or Satan needed...

Originally posted by kloejen
Its like a rainy day... if it rains all the time how can you cherish a sunny day ?

By not being ungrateful and having love for all the good things in your life daily.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Uhm,
since when did making your own definition of something constitute as proof?

I am not saying i disagree,
But starting this post off with "irrefutable proof" is definitely the wrong word choice.

Wolf
edit on 00/00/0000 by ka119 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

It is not this person's OWN definition. It is the pantheistic definition which has been in use since ancient times.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by ka119

It is not this person's OWN definition. It is the pantheistic definition which has been in use for thousands of years..

I am replying not to the pantheistic view of the universe, but rather the OPs personal post. He used "I" multiple times, implying that these are his views. Had he said that the pantheistic view on the universe is irrefutable proof that god exists, then I would be replying differently.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join