It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Super Moon Men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Very 'insightful' and 'philosophical'.......I suppose......

...but, a bit astray of the focus.

Nice "ideas".....just......limited in scope.

To even presume that NASA is somehow the "end-all" and "be-all" of the evils in this World??

his indicates a certain 'fixation' on something other than reality......NASA, as an organization....is one TINY component on this planet.

The USA is NOT the only country, or civilization, on this planet, either.....

....."focus"?? It is not focused........

Well I have noticed a propensity to deceive with racist off topic banter through out this thread.
So what's new?
Your actions I am sure are represented somewhere in the actions of our TWO SUPER MOON MEN.
You see either by design or plain ignorance you also miss quote me. THIS is what I said.

"The world is in a deplorable situation. Is NASA a microcosm of this world??
Do these two men not represent a wide variety of the ideologies, cultures, religion, brilliance and darkness that inhabit us all?? "
try crow ljb

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by ProudBird
"Two Super Moon Men"........and, we see that they are (one) a former NAZI....and (two) a person of the Jewish faith.

You forgot that the first one, the former Nazi, was a "Dedicated Christian".

Edit: and had something related to "a dangerous world dominated by communism"...
edit on 22/4/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Hi ArMap,
I by no means want to imply that what you say is not true.
I try to steer wide from religion. It can cloud things up most times.
Can you clarify a little. Do you see Communism connected to one religion or the other? Is it that von Braun new something we don't??
I hope I am not putting you on the spot??
thanks again ljb

jra

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
Is NASA a microcosm of this world??

No, it really isn't. Perhaps if you were to look at all the space agencies of the world as a whole, but even then, I don't think that would make for an accurate representation of this world.

Do these two men not represent a wide variety of the ideologies, cultures, religion, brilliance and darkness that inhabit us all??

No, I don't think these two represent a wide variety of humanity at all. You would need to include more than just two people to your list here, if you want any kind of real variety.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Is NASA a microcosm of this world??

No, it really isn't. Perhaps if you were to look at all the space agencies of the world as a whole, but even then, I don't think that would make for an accurate representation of this world.

Do these two men not represent a wide variety of the ideologies, cultures, religion, brilliance and darkness that inhabit us all??

No, I don't think these two represent a wide variety of humanity at all. You would need to include more than just two people to your list here, if you want any kind of real variety.

Hi jra
Well then could you explain what ingredients are missing?
Who should we include?
I am certainly open to fresh ideas.
Or can you offer reason enough to say this won't work unless it is just restricted to NASA policy.
Could you construct a vision of that constraint to work with?
thanks ljb
edit on 4/22/2012 by longjohnbritches because: naw

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Maybe we should use this approach..

NASA's 'unacceptable' security lapses: By the numbers - The Week
theweek.com/article/index/225187/nasas-unacceptable-security-lapses-by-the-...

Mar 6, 2012 ... Cyber attacks and other breaches cost NASA millions of dollars a year. Why is the space agency such a popular target?

Space station control codes on stolen NASA laptop | Security ...
news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57388136-83/space-station-control-codes-on-stolen...

Feb 29, 2012 ... Theft of unencrypted laptop is just one of thousands of incidents in recent years, costing millions of dollars, the agency's inspector general tells ...

edit on 4/22/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/22/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Can you clarify a little.
Sure.
I only posted that because it's on your opening post

Wernher von Braun, Dedicated Christian, “Father of Rocket ...
www.ministers-best-friend.com/SCIENCE-Von-Braun-Inventor-of-Roc... - Similarto Wernher von Braun, Dedicated Christian, “Father of Rocket ...

Of the three, and any others that could be listed, Wernher von Braun has the ... and its political advantage in a dangerous world dominated by communism, ...

Do you see Communism connected to one religion or the other?
With neither, as Communism is supposed to be independent of religion or even against religion (at least some "versions" of Communism, if I'm not mistaken).

Is it that von Braun new something we don't??
About what, Communism? Maybe, don't forget that Karl Marx was a German.

No problems.

But I still don't understand what we are supposed to discuss on this thread. Is it the scientific, the personal, the political or the religious similarities and dissimilarities?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Can you clarify a little.
Sure.
I only posted that because it's on your opening post

Wernher von Braun, Dedicated Christian, “Father of Rocket ...
www.ministers-best-friend.com/SCIENCE-Von-Braun-Inventor-of-Roc... - Similarto Wernher von Braun, Dedicated Christian, “Father of Rocket ...

Of the three, and any others that could be listed, Wernher von Braun has the ... and its political advantage in a dangerous world dominated by communism, ...

Do you see Communism connected to one religion or the other?
With neither, as Communism is supposed to be independent of religion or even against religion (at least some "versions" of Communism, if I'm not mistaken).

Is it that von Braun new something we don't??
About what, Communism? Maybe, don't forget that Karl Marx was a German.

No problems.

But I still don't understand what we are supposed to discuss on this thread. Is it the scientific, the personal, the political or the religious similarities and dissimilarities?

Hi ArMap
Well, I am I strong believer in freedom of speech.
So all of the above in your post is just fine.
As one member pointed out he thought I was looking for philosophical reasons.
You- all really make me think about this. And that is good.
It is hard to express a direction when you really do not want to lead others by the nose.
You have been most helpful in pointing out religious differences.
You have seen how much flack I have received for just posting two articles as a messenger.
All this racist, anti-Semetic stuff and I might add (PC) to the list, just does not belong in scientific discussion. Unless it is proven that religion does influence the ideologies of the Scientists and those that support their work. I would be fine with my last sentence to be a subtitle.
ArMap, I am working very hard here to make a presentation that can benefit All that participate civilly.
Did I help? Do you have a suggestion?
thanks ljb

Political correctness and religion www.cs.bham.ac.uk... religion.html
www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/projects/cogaff/misc/pc-and-religion.html

'Political correctness' and the need to criticise religion. Aaron Sloman · School of Computer Science The University of Birmingham ...

edit on 4/23/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
what a load off bollocks
i must be stupid or you are talkin crap !!!!
this thread doesnt make sense !!!!
edit on 23-4-2012 by nofear39 because: xx

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nofear39

Are you asking me to pick??
Let's see urr ummm well oh
Yeah I go with choice #one
Need any more help?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Need any more help?

i will put this as nice as possible...... you are not making sense thats why you have only had 3 flags ...... go outside and get some fresh air .... you are trying to to come across as being intelligent but it isnt working ....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nofear39

Need any more help?

i will put this as nice as possible...... you are not making sense thats why you have only had 3 flags ...... go outside and get some fresh air .... you are trying to to come across as being intelligent but it isnt working ....

Swell,
I am sure you are in the self appointed HIGH HORSE position to make that judgement. Ignorance is bliss I am told.
Thanks for being as nice as all that.
have a good day ljb
PS Who do you like. Who do you hate? Why?? Besides me what gets you real pissed?Anything topic will do.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So am I, and living in a country that had a 48 years long dictatorship (although I only witnessed the last 11 years), I know what freedom of speech really means.

It is hard to express a direction when you really do not want to lead others by the nose.
It may be, but I think that you could at least point to what type of discussion are you expecting to have, as that could mean a move of this thread to a more suitable place.

I did? I didn't really noticed it.

You have seen how much flack I have received for just posting two articles as a messenger.
That was mostly because your posts didn't make it clear what type of discussion do you wanted, and most people do not like to have some kind of guessing game, at least in the more science-oriented forums like Space Exploration.

All this racist, anti-Semetic stuff and I might add (PC) to the list, just does not belong in scientific discussion.
There hasn't been any scientific discussion on this thread, I am (and I think most members are) still trying to understand this thread's purpose.

And I haven't seen any anti-Semitic "stuff".

ArMap, I am working very hard here to make a presentation that can benefit All that participate civilly.
Be clear about your intentions, about what do you want from this thread and what do you want from your fellow members.

If there's a forum that may be more appropriate for the type of discussion you want, ask a for a move.

Try to write in a simple way, many people (me included) do not speak English on their everyday life and may have (I know I have) some difficulties understanding what you mean with your posts.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

So am I, and living in a country that had a 48 years long dictatorship (although I only witnessed the last 11 years), I know what freedom of speech really means.

It may be, but I think that you could at least point to what type of discussion are you expecting to have, as that could mean a move of this thread to a more suitable place.

I did? I didn't really noticed it.

That was mostly because your posts didn't make it clear what type of discussion do you wanted, and most people do not like to have some kind of guessing game, at least in the more science-oriented forums like Space Exploration.

All this racist, anti-Semetic stuff and I might add (PC) to the list, just does not belong in scientific discussion.
There hasn't been any scientific discussion on this thread, I am (and I think most members are) still trying to understand this thread's purpose.

And I haven't seen any anti-Semitic "stuff".

Be clear about your intentions, about what do you want from this thread and what do you want from your fellow members.

If there's a forum that may be more appropriate for the type of discussion you want, ask a for a move.

Try to write in a simple way, many people (me included) do not speak English on their everyday life and may have (I know I have) some difficulties understanding what you mean with your posts.

Hi ar map
I draw weary from the attacks posted below.

EDIT....there is a term....it's "anti-semitic"......I think sometimes, we might see that, in the mirror....staring back into our own eyes......(unless we NIP IT!!! NIP it....in the BUD!!!).....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

posted on 4/20/2012 @ 10:29 PM this post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

------posted on 4/20/2012 @ 10:43 PM this post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on 4/20/2012 @ 11:10 PM this post

DontTreadOnMe

Mood: Emily!!!!!!!!!!
Member is offline.

P 35,288 F 657 S 2,283
W 80 K 1
go to profile
add as friend
make rival
view posts
view threads
posts in thread
send message
ALERT!

posted on 4/21/2012 @ 08:26 PM this post

ATTENTION!!!

Personal attacks are not allowed....We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Further breaches will result in post removals.
You are responsible for your own posts.

==============================================================================------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Israel"?

OK.....hey, let's not be anti-semitic....because, I NEVER, EVER go there.......(except for a very. very, very funny joke I know.....which is best left un-said)......at least, in THIS forum....

Hey! I got a 'million' of 'em!!!......Jokes, I mean......whether offensive, or not......anti-semitic, or not.....racist?? Yeah, got THOSE too.....and....AND some against "Whitey"?? Yeah..yup.....those too,,,, (I happen to be a bit of a Caucasian, so.....yeah.....I CAN laugh at myself....)

I certainly hold no bias towords any one on the the planet earth. Equality has come to the fore.
It needs to be addressed in this forum as well as in any mode of life.
Space and this Space Forum can not be a CLUB for insiders.
It is a FORUM
Internet forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum - Similarto Internet forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. They differ from chat ...

List of Internet forums - Comparison of Internet forum ... - Category:Internet forums

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
With all due respect to all members including you ArMap. I think the member responses as a whole have been racist, bias, perplexed and otherwise obtuse. It is ok to think, believe or not care about an others thoughts. But to intentionally dilute them and degrade them, is paramount to self denial.
I am a proud American. One of Millions. Millions that have provided the capital for Most SPACE failures and a tiny amount of success for the dollar. On that tenure alone the American Public is qualified to be here and ask WHO the BLAZES are these TWO SUPER MOON MEN?? What do they or did they stand for?
I have a notion that the members whom endeavor to derail my thread have never paid a dime towards space exploration.
Sorry ArtMap you said you are a person from another non contributing country, so you are excused from my chastise. Errr except for the T+C violations you missed
Ignorance is denial.
ljb
If you are unhappy. take a hike
PS expand your lungs get h20 to your gray matter.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Hi LJB. Sorry I missed your thread when it first came out it; seems you have had to endure 4 pages of childish conversation/trolling.

So you have these two guys, Werner and Stewart. von Braun and Nozette. Both clever guys. How are they connected?

Emphasis on

Gilruth voiced concern that the future of manned space flight . . . is in jeopardy because we do not have firm goals, and because the present approach appears to us to be technically unsound. "

I wonder what he means by "the present approach appears... to be technically unsound." The quote is from 1966 so he's talking about the "present approach" of the Apollo program.
edit on 4/23/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: tags

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Why would Gilruth say "we do not have firm goals" when he knew perfectly well that President John F. Kennedy had set the goal of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to earth?

Is that not a firm goal? Why is Gilruth making up his own version of history?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Hi LJB. Sorry I missed your thread when it first came out it; seems you have had to endure 4 pages of childish conversation/trolling.

So you have these two guys, Werner and Stewart. von Braun and Nozette. Both clever guys. How are they connected?

Emphasis on

Gilruth voiced concern that the future of manned space flight . . . is in jeopardy because we do not have firm goals, and because the present approach appears to us to be technically unsound. "

I wonder what he means by "the present approach appears... to be technically unsound." The quote is from 1966 so he's talking about the "present approach" of the Apollo program.
edit on 4/23/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: tags

Hi say
They are connected in my opinion by being two titans of American moon projects.
Two guys with loyalties to foreign countries.
Two guy that can either be cheered or booed.
Two guys with different opportunities or the lack of opportunity.
Two guys that were used and or abused by the system.
Two guys that the members here want swept under the rug.
What is your cant?
The headline is about a Mars Mission proposal from 1966.
The actual dates in the conversation? are 68ish.
It would seem to me Gilruth has doubts about getting a man on the moon.
He was ahead of his time BECAUSE he realized the complexities and thought an attempt at an unmanned Mars Mission would accomplish the National goal. The goal of being superior to the Communists.
And in a much safer manner. EXACTLY what today's proposals are. Minus the external Communist threat.
I am not sure how this relates to either of the men in the topic except for the sideline moon mission comparison.
I appreciate your post mostly because at least it has some content.
thanks for the contribution and understanding my frustration.
sincerely ljb

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Why would Gilruth say "we do not have firm goals" when he knew perfectly well that President John F. Kennedy had set the goal of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to earth?

Is that not a firm goal? Why is Gilruth making up his own version of history?

I would say JFK was a dreamer and Gilruth was pragmatic??

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Robert R. Gilruth From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Robert Rowe Gilruth

Gilruth at NASA Manned Spacecraft Center
Born October 8, 1913(1913-10-08)
Nashwauk, Minnesota
Died August 17, 2000(2000-08-17) (aged 86)

edit on Tue Apr 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join