It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Amend the First Amendment !!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The Constitution protects the rights of Humans.

Corporations are legal entities. Not Humans.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
burn the witch

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
I am all for disclosure, would like to see where the money is coming from on both sides. But the Koch Brothers supported right will fight this tooth and nail. Koch Brothers motto "Give us no regulations, and we will pollute the world better than BP"

well, Soros has already figured out how to avoid direct connection to his donations.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Funny that Democrats never care when Unions engage in political speech.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Yes but the press is groups of people in organizations.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

But a corporation is a business a human created it and makes their livelihood from it

So there is no difference it is all the same thing so they are protected by the constitution it is no different than free speech where someone earning a living owning a newspaper or television network should have a say in what laws and regulations effect them.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Fantastic find Beez! Levin is totally on target as usual.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

What is "freedom of the press"? The right of organizations to print or say things which may criticize govt or other people and entities. It is clearly in the 1st Amendment.

Press=printed word, spoken word, news organizations etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Corporations,unions,the right to vote all the same thing all created by an act of law and recognized by law they all are the same animal.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Originally posted by headorheart
I think someone is a little cranky that corporations are on the Republican's side.

But really amending free speech??

No, the Republicans are on the CORPORATIONS side.

When it comes to the GOP We The People are NO MATCH for CORPORATE money.

You just gave me the greatest idea ever! What if we stop buying and giving away our money to corporations and just started paying off the politicians?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I really don't see why there is so much hate for the woman. But yet again, if the person is liberal AND a female, I guess it's a double whammy in the eyes of a conservative.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

No conservatives just don't like stupid and that has no gender or party affiliation

messing with the constitution is stupid and its something liberals would never let conservative get away with.

edit on 21-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I really don't see why there is so much hate for the woman. But yet again, if the person is liberal AND a female, I guess it's a double whammy in the eyes of a conservative.

Yeah right. It has nothing to do with her profound lack of regard for the First Amendment or the rule of law, must be just because she is female and a liberal. That's the ticket!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
We don't NEED to do anything to the 1st amendment.
Common wisdom is you don't toss out the baby with the bathwater.

We obviously need a law limiting corporations to non-human status.

We're so dumb. We need a law for everything because we're so dumb we don't know the difference in a person and a thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Just spike her whiskey.Somebody please tell the two branches of the government they can't tell the third what to do.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Corporations are not people, therefore they should not be able to make campaign donations, and the same should go for all of these organizations.

So if corporate big wigs want to make big contributions, they should have to claim the income as part of their own taxable income, not part of the corporations, taking the burden off the stock holders who may not share their political views.

The same rules should apply to unions and all other institutions.

WHAT we need is a law that declares corporations are not people, should not have the rights of an individual, and end owner liability.

edit on 21-4-2012 by poet1b because: add last line

edit on 21-4-2012 by poet1b because: typos

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
How about a simple law that says if you don't have the right to vote, then you don't have the right to donate money to campaigns, or write laws,even if acting by proxy.

Is that too simple an idea?

I really don't care if it affects unions or corporations, as long as the influence is of the people, who's general goal it is to survive, and not these entities who's goals might conflict with that. IE war increases corp profits,
edit on 21-4-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

How about a simple law that says if you don't have the right to vote, then you don't have the right to donate money to campaigns, or write laws,even if acting by proxy.

That is a great idea.

Pelosi's idea here is pretty bad, but the supreme court decision that made bribery free speech is far worse, and those slamming Pelosi who don't see how bad our current supreme court really isn't aren't thinking any better than Pelosi.

By the way, the Exec branch and the Legislative Branch are fully in their rights in keeping the Judicial Branch in check. This is how the system should work.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Definition of a corporation:

a group of merchants or traders united in a trade guild

the municpial authroities of a town or city

a body form and authorized by law to act as a single person although constituted by one or more persons and legally endowed with various rights and dutiies including the capacity of succession

an association of employers and employees in a basic industry or of members of a profession organized as an organ of political representation .

Which is what a voter is what a union is in short a special interest has the right by law a corporation lives and dies like a person its very survival depends on its environment just like a person.,
edit on 21-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
...but the supreme court decision that made bribery free speech is far worse...

Could you please link the case and the corresponding Opinion that "made bribery free speech"?

By the way, the Exec branch and the Legislative Branch are fully in their rights in keeping the Judicial Branch in check. This is how the system should work.

Since I am not tied to or placed into a box, I agree here -- but remember, all the sitting Justices were all selected and confirmed by the Executive and Legislative, respectively.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join