It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Amend the First Amendment !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Pelosi: Amend the First Amendment
By Terence P. Jeffrey
April 19, 2012

Hold on a minute Nancy !!!

YOU want to do What ?

Amend the 1st Amendment ?

For what reason exactly Nancy ?

allow Congress to regulate political speech when it is engaged in by corporations as opposed to individuals.

Well maybe that's OK in theory, but reality would be a little different I think !!

I though the Supreme Court ruled on something like this recently (not sure)

Look out --- She's got that dead serious look on her face in the video !!!!

Like maybe She's hinting about a new Executive Order or something.

(CNSNews.com) - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday endorsed a movement announced by other congressional Democrats on Wednesday to ratify an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would allow Congress to regulate political speech when it is engaged in by corporations as opposed to individuals.

The First Amendment says in part: "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press..."

Television networks, newspapers, publishing houses, movie studios and think tanks, as well as political action committees, are usually organized as, or elements of, corporations.

But Wait .... there's MORE !!!

Pelosi said the Democrats' effort to amend the Constitution is part of a three-pronged strategy that also includes promoting the DISCLOSE Act, which would increase disclosure requirements for organizations running political ads, and “reducing the roll of money in campaigns” (which some Democrats have said can be done through taxpayer funding of campaigns).

The constitutional amendment the Democrats seek would reverse the Supreme Court’s 2010 decision in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission. In that decision the court said that the First Amendment protects a right of free speech for corporations as well as for individuals, and that corporations (including those that produce newspapers, films and books) have a right to speak about politicians and their records just as individuals do.

“We have a clear agenda in this regard: Disclose, reform the system reducing the roll of money in campaigns, and amend the Constitution to rid it of this ability for special interests to use secret, unlimited, huge amounts of money flowing to campaigns,” Pelosi said at her Thursday press briefing.

Is She Trying to Fool Somebody !!

some wisdom to consider:

"But if there should arise in its midst a plot,
then at the head of that plot will be no other than one of our most trusted servants."
---by Unknown

Shakespeare (may have) said, "You doth protest too much!" meaning if you have to refute something over and over again and defend yourself vigorously, then you're probably guilty of whatever it is you're protesting.
and perhaps accusing others of that very same guilt !"

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Lets hope we can keep that Gavel out of her hands... The last thing we need is her to be Speaker of the House again considering we're still trying to get up from the last time she was Speaker lol

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think someone is a little cranky that corporations are on the Republican's side.

But really amending free speech??

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
I think someone is a little cranky that corporations are on the Republican's side.

But really amending free speech??

No, the Republicans are on the CORPORATIONS side.

When it comes to the GOP We The People are NO MATCH for CORPORATE money.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

“We have a clear agenda in this regard: Disclose, reform the system reducing the roll of money in campaigns, and amend the Constitution to rid it of this ability for special interests to use secret, unlimited, huge amounts of money flowing to campaigns,” Pelosi said at her Thursday press briefing.
reducing the roll of money in campaigns

So its ok for Obama to want to raise $1,000,000,000 (billion) for his reelection, but Pelosi wants everyone else to run on less money? yup sounds like a Democratic to me lol
Obama's $1 billion reelection

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I suspect we can just retype the Constitution to read:

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

Then we can call it a day, well after the Battle of the Windmill.

:shk:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So, the predictions are coming true. If they think they may loose it's going to get very, very weird.

Time for Occupy to get honest and land in front of Pelosi's house.
She and her husband are well into the 1%, so honesty demands they go after her. Insider Trader extraordinaire. I'll bet she had a literal Cow when that became illegal

She want's her private taxpayer funded jet back so bad she may do anything.

I think it is most certainly time for the water supply in her District to be checked to see what the voters are drinking. Must be quite a cocktail of psychotropic drugs and perhaps a lot of flushed Crack.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wait a minute! I'm fairly sure that the DNC is a non-profit corporation.
This may be a good thing

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Excellent analogy. I do agree with the idea of less corporate funding, in fact I will go as far as saying that PAC's and lobbyists are the two largest contributors to the worsening state of our country. That being said, Pelosi needs to be fired in November and banned from politics forever and I am a Dumbocrat. These people have no ones interest in mind unless it comes with a payment attached.

"Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for YOUR sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples."
edit on 19-4-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Like maybe She's hinting about a new Executive Order or something.

And you know that isn't possible.

You are just trying to enrage more hate against Obama...and you know it...it is disgusting how dishonest you can be at will.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Television networks, newspapers, publishing houses, movie studios and think tanks, as well as political action committees, are usually organized as, or elements of, corporations.

OK, I'm done joking here. This is incredibly dangerous. Only a person trying to bring down the US would ever propose such a thing. This would do away with Freedom of the Press and give the State control. The game is up and the proverbial cat is out of the bag (and no I'm not calling Pelosi and old bag).

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am all for disclosure, would like to see where the money is coming from on both sides. But the Koch Brothers supported right will fight this tooth and nail. Koch Brothers motto "Give us no regulations, and we will pollute the world better than BP"

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

So, the predictions are coming true. If they think they may loose it's going to get very, very weird.

Time for Occupy to get honest and land in front of Pelosi's house.
She and her husband are well into the 1%, so honesty demands they go after her. Insider Trader extraordinaire. I'll bet she had a literal Cow when that became illegal

She want's her private taxpayer funded jet back so bad she may do anything.

I think it is most certainly time for the water supply in her District to be checked to see what the voters are drinking. Must be quite a cocktail of psychotropic drugs and perhaps a lot of flushed Crack.

Why would Occupy do that when this is something they would support???

This is about limiting Corporate influence on the political process...that is pretty much their core issue.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The way I read it was congress wants to give the finger to the Supreme Court's assertion that corporations should have the same rights as individuals. That's something I can get behind because it's corporations that are totally screwing us. Maybe I read it wrong though...

Either way...unless we replace every single person in congress, the white house, and the supreme court with real people as opposed to corporate shills we're doomed so who cares. What's that joke? Republicans and Democrats arguing about anything is the same thing as two drunks battling over the bar bill on the Titanic.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Let's just decide that corporations are not actual persons and thus not deserving of the same rights as real persons. That would solve the problem right there and they can leave the first amendment alone.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That woman is a complete an utter nutjob.

The only reason she is in office is because of her wealth and the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" laws in California that prevent police from asking an illegal for identification of any kind, or deporting them even when they know they are in this country illegally. If you don't think this is contributing to California's fall, think again.

Highest taxes in the country, sanctuary for illegals, ridiculous regulation and standards. A perfect micro-chasm of this country and a preview of what's coming if things don't change and we don't get rid of representatives like her.

She is a joke and I will in all seriousness, have a party when she is out. (even if it's all by my lonesome, which I'm 99% sure it won't be)

She is the epitome of corruption and bad politics.

~Namaste
edit on 19-4-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Not quite true. This would give the government the right to control political speech from all news sources and even political committees. You need to read it. Anyone not against this is opposed to Free Speech and the Free Press.

They give Judge Roberts statement on their last attempt to silence the opposition.

The government urges us in this case to uphold a direct prohibition on political speech," wrote Roberts. "It asks us to embrace a theory of the First Amendment that would allow censorship not only of television and radio broadcasts, but of pamphlets, posters, the Internet, and virtually any other medium that corporations and unions might find useful in expressing their views on matters of public concerns."

You know I'm not much of a reactionary and I'm fairly tolerant of government. This is different. This is an attempt to take complete control by one ideology and eliminate the Free Press in one action. This is the one everyone is concerned about happening, the first step to eliminating Freedom. You must know how rare our level of Freedom is in Human History? It can go away just as fast as it came. Germany was Free one day and a slave to Hitler the next and the population was well educated.

This is not a Partisan thing at all. This is a horror story unfolding. I think however that this will never make the Floor; at least I hope so. No way to defend this and pretend to be for Free Speech and a Free Press.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What a trying witch. I swear you slap green make up on her she could fly around the room with her per flying monkey Mr reid. Ill get you mitt romney and your little republicans too! They had no problem raising money with corporations in 2008 when they were winning but now its all hands on deck we have to cut the lines so those darn R's will not have a shot at the dems!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hey Pelosi what about unions eh?

Ammend the Constitution fine Ammend it kicking California out of the union.

Count me in

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Why would Occupy do that when this is something they would support???

This is about limiting Corporate influence on the political process...that is pretty much their core issue.

Don't you realize, the media is a corporation and that would allow the media to be regulated, just as it is in north korea for example. Why don't you go take a trip over there and test it out before you advocate bringing that over to this country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join