It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Amend the First Amendment !!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Good luck Pelosi and her communist fellow travelers on getting 3/4 of the States to ratify their amendment to the 1st amendment.

Article 5 of the Constitution provides for the amendment of the Constitution by various means (see The Amendments Page for details). However an amendment is proposed, it does not become part of the Constitution unless it is ratified by three-quarters of the states (either the legislatures thereof, or in amendment conventions). The following is a record of each ratified amendment and the states and dates that led to the ratification. The Constitutional Timeline and the Ratification Grid may also be of interest.

www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by xuenchen

The Constitution protects the rights of Humans.

Corporations are legal entities. Not Humans.

That does not matter. Freedom of the Press. It's very simple. Is the Press an individual human?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The simple fact of the matter is that the SCOTUS derived their decision based upon the beginning of the First Amendment in relation to "speech", which is "Congress shall make no laws...", so even this proposed Amendment is in violation of the First Amendment...but that is an actual fact that you would find to be an inconvenient truth.

Done. Well bloody done.
*applause*

JPZ, you done "phaged" this topic.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I can imagine this administration thinking of ways to get around the whole "ratification" process.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think we should draft a bill to amend Pelosi's citizenship status...

along with her traitor cohorts.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, it is late, but you forgot about the part of a corporation being created by law and existing as an entity, with powers and liabilities independent of its members.

Heck, if a corporation could vote, then all someone would have to do is create a trillion corporations to choose who they want to elect, hiding behind the corporate entity.

Do you really think that is the way we should go?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Um. lets take a look at the actual wording of the 1st Amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Since when did bribery of politicians become synonymous with the press, or speech?

Every SCOTUS who voted for such a gross violation of our constitution should be impeached, and be forever remembered as traitors to the U.S. Constitution.

edit on 21-4-2012 by poet1b because: missing /

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Um. lets take a look at the actual wording of the 1st Amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Since when did bribery of politicians become synonymous with the press, or speech?

Every SCOTUS who voted for such a gross violation of our constitution should be impeached, and be forever remembered as traitors to the U.S. Constitution.

edit on 21-4-2012 by poet1b because: missing /

This is how corporations will finally control every facet of our lives, inch by inch, slowing
twisting the screws and the definitions of law,language and humanity. Our good conservative
friends will back it all the way, until their own speech is finally unable to reverse what they
are systematically unleashing on humanity. Did you know in prison you can talk all day long,
and still be in prison?

Only in America can bribery and corruption be equated with free speech, it goes to show that
money can be anything you will it to be.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Let's just decide that corporations are not actual persons and thus not deserving of the same rights as real persons. That would solve the problem right there and they can leave the first amendment alone.

The Left Agrees, lets put it to a popular vote, it's time to end this garbage

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

It's like the coc aine, methhead epidemic, watching so many good friends fall into such horrendous practices.

Thinking greed is a virtue. How did that ever make sense?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Rockpuck

But a corporation is a business a human created it and makes their livelihood from it

And when they are engaged in that business they are protected in many ways, they
have different rights when they are an agent of that business. They still retain their
HUMAN rights when they are not acting behind the vail of that entity, a business is
a concept, not a person.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

It's like the coc aine, methhead epidemic, watching so many good friends fall into such horrendous practices.

Thinking greed is a virtue. How did that ever make sense?

All I know is this sickness seems to be getting worse, it is manmade and it is very
similar to an epidemic.

I cannot see any sense in making a company 1. above the law, 2. writing their own laws
3. bribing and essentially employing the people who are supposed to represent us and finally
giving them the rights of a person PLUS the rights of a company who also gets another
separate voice.

And THEN

Complain about unresponsive, out of control big government -

I think it really comes down to wealth worship, otherwise I have no explaination

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Answer me this who are the people always try to give the Earth person hood?

Save the planet and all that so which way do you want to have it?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Acutally Democrats like Pelosi created corporation to give them the same legal protections as a person because liberals always just love to sue them.

If they are not people then you can't sue them.

Since everyone one and everything thing is at the mercy of the Government and all laws and regulations effect them from people to business they should have a say in what goes on after all this nation is all about "fair share fair play and all that".

Anyone who has problems with that is a fascist and they sure the hell aren't liberal
edit on 21-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Answer me this who are the people always try to give the Earth person hood?

I don't know, never heard of such people. I guess you are referring to conservationists.

Um Jesus Christ did have a parable about a vineyard, but supposed Christians don't seem to care about that.

Mother Earth is way above the jurisdiction of the U.S. Government. One little belch, and she could be rid of the human disease.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Acutally Democrats like Pelosi created corporation to give them the same legal protections as a person because liberals always just love to sue them.

At this point in time, you have gone completely over the edge. Maybe it will be good for you.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yeah right never heard of tree hugger eh Right!!!!

So are corporations take away that ability the same right as you have since everyone is at the mercy of our Goverment they go elsewhere.

Since when have liberals ever gave a damn about religion eh?

i remember something about turning the other cheek and live and let live in there.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

At this point in time, you have gone completely over the edge. Maybe it will be good for you.

Nope didn't jump on the fascist bandwagon unlike some and tries to define what groups get rights in this country and who don't.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Since when have liberals ever gave a damn about religion eh?

I will always remember this.......

"I can’t imagine, as the bishops’ university and the national university of the Catholic Church, that we would ever cover up our religious art or signage for any reason," Mr. Nakas wrote. "Our Catholic faith is integral to our identity as an institution of higher education."

Jesus Missing From Obama's Georgetown Speech White House asked university to cover symbol

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Actually, most liberals are very spiritual, they just don't care for organized religion.

Where in the constitution is the part about corporate rights?

Personally, I choose our government over rule by corporate bankers who do far more to deprive me of rights and steal my property.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join