It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban commander turns self in... for reward on ‘Wanted’ poster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So why don't they just offer all these guys $100 to turn themselves in it would be a lot cheaper then waging war and give the money to their families?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
So why don't they just offer all these guys $100 to turn themselves in it would be a lot cheaper then waging war and give the money to their families?

Probably as Oldcorp said, or his cohorts are looking to use him as a martyr to fuel Jihad in some way.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
maybe he needed the money for new wife beating gloves...

so his hands dont get rough from bruising her arms and back.....

Well, you should definitely sign up to go over there and fight for his wife's freedom then, huh?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why publicize this story? They should have worked out a deal with the guy. You know the spiel we will provide for you and your family, and send him back out into the wild as an informant. Just give him a story to tell his handlers about how he outsmarted the occupier and gained some valuable intelligence. It will be sham intelligence of course, but I doubt the Taliban will know the difference.

Perhaps, he can be used as an asset instead of a detainee? I find it highly uncommon to just give himself up like that? The Taliban and extremists are not the surrendering type, and would rather go out with guns a blazing or a suicide attack. Look at this way. It could be a good opportunity to learn about hiding places, force levels, weapons caches, hierarchy, and other valuable information about the Taliban in that particular region. Just something to think about.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I bet even the Taliban is laughing about this. They may have even given him the poster in the first place. I would say he could not read and really did not understand what it was about. This could be some crazy cover story for a defector or something.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If 100$ can do this...i wonder if :

-US is broke (c'mon, really , 100$ lol)
or
-US know that 100$ is a fortune, and why spend more if can achieve same for less.

The thing is...that taliban is an imbecile or was in fact a US spy.Those talibans are freedom fighters, often being involved in suicide fights (10 guys vs 1,000) or blow themselves.

So, if he decided to gave up on freedom vs 100$, he is either an imbecile or a US spy.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Time to start throwing around money in that country; instead of throwing bombs. We could stop this war for a lot cheaper, apparently.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join