It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban commander turns self in... for reward on ‘Wanted’ poster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Was hington Post

Mohammad Ashan, a mid-level Taliban commander in Paktika province, strolled toward a police checkpoint in the district of Sar Howza with a wanted poster bearing his own face. He demanded the finder’s fee referenced on the poster: $100.

“Clearly,” one U.S. official said, “the man is an imbecile.”

I wonder if he got paid his "award"?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
Was hington Post

Mohammad Ashan, a mid-level Taliban commander in Paktika province, strolled toward a police checkpoint in the district of Sar Howza with a wanted poster bearing his own face. He demanded the finder’s fee referenced on the poster: $100.

“Clearly,” one U.S. official said, “the man is an imbecile.”

I wonder if he got paid his "award"?

An "imbecile?" I think not.

Dude knew how this would end up if he tried to hide; he'd end up as a stain on some desert highway just like al-Awlaki. By turning himself in, he puts the US on the defensive right away. They can't just kill him now (well, they can, but it would look REAL bad.)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Maybe he just wants the cash for his family,his command may have been decimated.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
maybe he needed the money for new wife beating gloves...

so his hands dont get rough from bruising her arms and back.....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

The US official is an imbecile if he does not realize that the entire country is a midlevel Taliban commander. They would gladly turn themselves in, the entire country, for 5 dollars each.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

that US official is either pretty dumb himself if he thought this guy was serious or just taking a cheap shot. I bet don Taliban had a falling out with his buddies or just went crazy and decided F it, I´ll be safe with the Americans.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Maybe he was tired of living in a cave and decided 3 square meals a day with a soft bed and clean sheets was the way to go.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
maybe he pissed off the wrong person and figured turning himself in for the reward money and looking stupid is better than losing his head

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
that's one broke insurgent...

they have to feed him and give him medicine while in custody, so in a way he will get his reward.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Truly, the US official is the one who is an imbecile.

If even one taliban were to surrender, it should be a momentous and joyous occasion for the democratic Afghan nation and People. It shows that not all Taliban toe their vile murderous lines, and want out. It should be publish and encouraged, so that more may give up on the horrific deeds some of the Taliban had done.

That ex-Taliban commander don't deserve $100. He deserve gold, so long as he is willing to cooperate fully with the authorities and face justice of humanity with leniency, if not for himself, it will be for those whom he loved who gets the reward.

The killing fields of Afghanistan must end....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
They should make more reward posters for all the other members, sit back and see if the rest of them are just as ignorant as this one. It would be nice if that is the way it worked... so many lives and more money than I can count could have been spared.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Dis-Info?

$100 reward to his family, safe-keeping in a US prison, and a chance to feed bogus intel to his ever-so-arrogant captors. The fact that they called him an imbecile proves he is winning already. Nobody does something like this without a strategy, and if they are calling him an imbecile, then his strategy is working perfectly.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

you can tell they think things through based on what happened to Osama...it took ten years before he was shot twice in his face.

gaddafi ruled for 42 years before he was shot in the head with his own gun by the Libyan people.

i bet this guy has a real good plan...they all do.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

you can tell they think things through based on what happened to Osama...it took ten years before he was shot twice in his face.

gaddafi ruled for 42 years before he was shot in the head with his own gun by the Libyan people.

Can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic?

Osama was a champion of freedom for his country, with the help of the US, up until the US became his enemy, and then he still apparently had the support of not only his own people, but the Pakistani people as well.

Ghadaffi was also a champion to a certain extent, and he finished the insurmountable task of finishing his fresh water canal project, which the world shunned to help, and he was only toppled after small factions were funded by the West, and supported with "no-fly" zones that somehow included bomb and missile strikes on his palaces and guards.

I am a proud US citizen, but sometimes things just stink. The examples you gave have been out in the sun too long, they aren't smellling quite right.

Why, as Westerners, and especially Americans, why do we let arrogance and pride cloud our judgement and bs filter so effectively?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Good plan or not by the surrendereer, the writing is already on the wall for the Taliban.

They had lost all moral credibility on the fight, with murders of innocents.

Those hard cored ones that remain are mere brigrands, condemned and hated by all mankind for their vile acts on our fellow human brothers and sisters. Only the lunatic fringe and the forsaken will still support them.

May more of those in the Taliban wakes up to being manipulated by those whom will never get religious and secular salvation and redemption. Give up now, show remorse, and redemption by both religious and secular laws is still possible. The gift of life and love is precious, and gifted to all humans.....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Why, as Westerners, and especially Americans, why do we let arrogance and pride cloud our judgement and bs filter so effectively?

Because it's easier that way, doesn't require too much in the way of reflection...and oooh look, something shiny....

And by no means only an American phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic?

Osama was a champion of freedom for his country, with the help of the US, up until the US became his enemy, and then he still apparently had the support of not only his own people, but the Pakistani people as well.

Ghadaffi was also a champion to a certain extent, and he finished the insurmountable task of finishing his fresh water canal project, which the world shunned to help, and he was only toppled after small factions were funded by the West, and supported with "no-fly" zones that somehow included bomb and missile strikes on his palaces and guards.

I am a proud US citizen, but sometimes things just stink. The examples you gave have been out in the sun too long, they aren't smellling quite right.

that was sarcasm. one thing i read some years ago, but can see clearly that it is correct is that God alone determines victory in War. Muslims believe this as well as many others.

Osama is dead because he is a liar, was the good friend and comrade of liars, lived a lie and benefited immensely from lies. He lasted as long as he did because no one wanted to get involved one way or the other with his lie and allowed nature to take its course.

Gaddafi blew up an airplane with 250 people aboard and then paid a cash settlement to the victims surviving relatives...he came to power by seizing power in a coup and rather than step down peacefully he found it preferable to plunge his country into war.

i hear people say all of the time...those that tell don't know, those that know don't tell.

that's the reality of this world...so it doesn't matter what is said or believed because its all lies anyway.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Good points, but everything is not so black and white. They did those things, but they also did other things. Do you think any political leader is any different? How many people has Obama authorized their deaths? How many things blown up?

By your logic, we are all bad, and all doomed. Of course, this is a common meme in religion as well, so you are not alone. By most religious accounts we are all born doomed, and only allowed to be "saved" by the grace of God. I suppose in that case, what you are saying is exactly true.

There is no such thing as good guys and bad guys, there are only shades of gray and an eventual reckoning?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by michaelbrux

Good points, but everything is not so black and white. They did those things, but they also did other things. Do you think any political leader is any different? How many people has Obama authorized their deaths? How many things blown up?

By your logic, we are all bad, and all doomed. Of course, this is a common meme in religion as well, so you are not alone. By most religious accounts we are all born doomed, and only allowed to be "saved" by the grace of God. I suppose in that case, what you are saying is exactly true.

There is no such thing as good guys and bad guys, there are only shades of gray and an eventual reckoning?

I suppose that's it then...by the Grace of God are our fortunes in life determined.

this Taliban Commander seeking money and support from his 'enemy'...sounds to me like he should be on his best behavior and not have been sent on a mission by some clever little Taliban tactician or his story ends badly; about as bad as a story can end, I imagine.

it should be clear as crystal by now...if people think America is about to lose something...they are delusional.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Dude knew how this would end up if he tried to hide; he'd end up as a stain on some desert highway just like al-Awlaki. By turning himself in, he puts the US on the defensive right away. They can't just kill him now (well, they can, but it would look REAL bad.)

My first reaction to reading the OP was he was walking towards them with a suicide vest or belt. Thank God that didn't happen, small mercies can seem big.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join