It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the multiple Christ heresy / myth, now.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

For the Jews after the ascension of our Saviour, in addition to their crime against him, had been devising as many plots as they could against his apostles. First Stephen was stoned to death by them, and after him James, the son of Zebedee and the brother of John, was beheaded, and finally James, the first that had obtained the episcopal seat in Jerusalem after the ascension of our Saviour, died in the manner already described.
(Eusebius)

And today, mainstream Christians are taught to pray to the Jewish god, Jehovah/Yahweh, "in the blood of Christ"??
The cross upon which He was strung up at the behest of the Pharisees is intended to be our symbol of faith??

We are told to believe Christ died for our sins by means of ransom to Satan???

What unbelievable blasphemy!

edit on 19-4-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

I'd suggest you actually read the bible (just a few excerpts out of innumerable examples):

You read the Bible, He was flogged, scourged, beaten and crucified by the Praetorian guard. The Pharisees and Scribes just begged Pilate to do it, and the people said "may His blood be on us and on our children."

And their sin was passed to the "4th generation" as the Bible says He visits sins of the fathers down to.

Jesus' Name in Hebrew is = "YHVH Saves" Why are you purposely ignoring this fact whenever brought up? Are you just a troll?

edit on 19-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hahahahahha,

Some of the experiences I"ve had here on ATS....have made me wanna ram my head through a wall in frustration, LOL

My friend that passed away had a saying he loved "God put a limit on peoples intelligence, but He put NOOOOOO limit on peoples STUPIDITY!"

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I've given up on arguing with certain people on this forum, it just goes nowhere.

You can literally spell things out for them and give detailed explanations of their questions...... and it goes in one ear, and out the other.

Lost cause, IMO

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

If your defense of Jesus' holy link to Yahweh rests on his namesake, may I remind you that Jesus Barabbas was a known murderer and BarJesus was a Jew responsible for persecuting (read: lynching and murdering) Christians.

Your point is absurd.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

And your fundamental misunderstandings of all basic precepts of Judaism, Christianity, and spirituality / theology in general, is absurd.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

No, I am the only one here who has actually backed up what I've contested with a plethora of of sciptural evidence, proving (1) that the differences between Christ and Yahweh far, far outweigh any imagined similarities; and, (2) that the Jews were a distinct, nomadic people ethnically separate from the Christians and clearly their nemesis.

The verses of the OT which have been claimed by heretics to be prophesies of Jesus Christ are a far stretch of the imagination. Even the Jews will tell you that.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

No you haven't,

You're heretical beliefs go against 99% of Christianity's belief,

Your own mind is deceived by your own false beliefs.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Just because someone does not share your same view does not make them stupid.
Not very disciple like if you ask me.
What works for you may not work for everyone else, agree to disagree, name calling is not needed.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Sorry, I'm a bit frustrated and angry this morning and I'm probably letting it show in my posts....

I apologize for being crude....but seriously, read his posts and what he's saying, maybe you'll understand why it's irritating me....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

We all stand to learn something from eachother. It is when a person is met with opposition that they are given the chance to confirm their faith, not only in the Lord but in themselves.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Hahahahahha,

Some of the experiences I"ve had here on ATS....have made me wanna ram my head through a wall in frustration, LOL

My friend that passed away had a saying he loved "God put a limit on peoples intelligence, but He put NOOOOOO limit on peoples STUPIDITY!"

Yes indeed that's a fact I experience daily. I always say that many folks are "educated far beyond their intelligence limitations." (I.Q.) Read "educated" as "indoctrinated".

Jesus' own NAME is "YHVH Saves". in Hebrew. That SHOULD be the end of the discussion right there.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I've given up on arguing with certain people on this forum, it just goes nowhere.

You can literally spell things out for them and give detailed explanations of their questions...... and it goes in one ear, and out the other.

Lost cause, IMO

Yes, it is a lost cause FOR THEM. But never forget this aspect of public forums. The "views" are always 8-10Xs larger than the "replies" in any given thread. Many people read and don't respond. Think of a debate, there is always an audience out there that never gets to join the debate. That's the group of folks who the dog and pony show is for, not the man standing behind the opposite lectern. I call it the "goat rodeo".

I can't recall ever having someone say "Man bro, you made sense, please tell me about Jesus." But I can give you hundreds of examples of people asking that same thing privately via messages and emails behind the scenes.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Your persistence is admirable.
PLPL

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne

If your defense of Jesus' holy link to Yahweh rests on his namesake, may I remind you that Jesus Barabbas was a known murderer and BarJesus was a Jew responsible for persecuting (read: lynching and murdering) Christians.

Your point is absurd.

LOL!!!!!!!

That is a perfect picture of the Day of Atonement sacrifice with the two identical goats!! The High Priest placed the sins of the people on the one goat, and the onther goat was released, the one with the "sins of the people" was slaughtered and sacrificed. Fire from heaven would fall and consume the goat offering on the altar. One was set free, the other was slaughtered. Barabbas was the guy's SURNAME, his first name was also Yeshua. His name in Hebrew was in effect = Jesus son of God. Our Lord WAS Jesus Son of God (Capital S). The guilty Yeshua was set free, he was a murderer who deserved to die for his sins, and the innocent sinless Yeshua was killed for the sins of the world.

"Bar" means "son of"
"Abba" means "father"

This is epic. You literally made me "lol" in real life. Joy is so wonderful.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori

Your persistence is admirable.
PLPL

Give the Lord glory please, it's for Him alone, and by His Spirit am I given the grace to do so.

I'm a worm.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Minori

Sorry, I'm a bit frustrated and angry this morning and I'm probably letting it show in my posts....

I apologize for being crude....but seriously, read his posts and what he's saying, maybe you'll understand why it's irritating me....

Ephesians 4:15

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I have read the bible cover to cover many, many times.

Additionally, I've actually read Tertullian, Origen, Irenaeus, Josephus, Clement, Saint Augustine, Hugh of Saint Victor,
the Gnostic Gospels; about Marcion, Catharism, Albigensians, Manichaeism, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hermeticism, etc... I am even fluent in Ancient Greek and I enjoy spending many hours going over the New Testament in its original form.

My major in university was Religious Studies/Theology.

Never underestimate what a person knows.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yes, read my posts and tell me Jethro the Kenite's Yahweh and Jesus Christ are one and the same:

"Cursed" says he (Yahweh), "is everyone who hangeth on a tree" (Deuteronomy 21:3, Galatians 3:13).

Yahweh:

And out of the ground the Lord
Yahweh made every tree to
grow...the tree of the knowledge
of good and evil .
Gen.2:9; 3:1ff.

Christ:
For a corrupt tree bringeth forth not
good fruit; neither does a good tree
bringeth forth corrupt fruit.
Luke 6:43
Either make the tree good, and its
fruit good; or else make the tree
corrupt, and its fruit corrupt: for the
tree is known by its fruit. Mt.12:33

Yahweh:
Eye for an eye, tooth for tooth,
hand for hand, foot for foot...
Exodus 21:24

Christ:
And unto him that smiteth thee on
the cheek offer also the other...
Luke 6:29

Yahweh:
And Elijah answered and said to
of God, then let fire come down
from heaven, and consume thee
and thy fifty". And there came
down fire from heaven, and con-
summed him and his fifty.
2 Kings 1:9, 10

Christ:
[Jesus' disciples] :"Lord, wilt Thou
that we command fire to come
down from heaven, and consume
them, even as Elijah did?" But He
turned and rebuked them, and said,
"Ye know not what manner of spirit
ye are of ; for the Son of man
is not come to destroy men's lives,
but to save them"
Luke 9:54,55

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Yahweh/Jehovah:
...there came forth little children
out of the city, and mocked him
[Elisha]...and [he] cursed them
in the name of the Lord. And
there came forth two she-bears
out of the wood, and tare forty
two children of them.
2 Kings 2:23,24

Christ:
People were bringing little children to Jesus
for him to place his hands on them, but the
disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw
this, he was indignant. He said to them,
“Let the little children come to me, and do
not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs
to such as these.
Mark 10:13-14

Yahweh/Jehovah:
I form light, and create darkness: I make
peace, and create evil: I the Lord Yahweh
do all these things ( Isaiah 45:7).
Clouds and darkness are
round about him... (97:2a) He sent darkness,
and made it dark...(Psalm 105a).He cast
upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath,
and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil
angels among them (Psalm 78:49).

Christ:
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the powers, against
the world forces of this darkness, against the
spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12
God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. (1John 1:5)
God is love (1 John 4:16)
(Love) thinketh no evil (1Corinthians 13:5)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join