It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the multiple Christ heresy / myth, now.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Straw man. Christians don't say Jesus Christ and the Father are the same. Jesus is the Son of YHVH who is the Father. Jesus is the Son. Yahweh and Yahshua.
They aren't the same? They are two different beings? Two different gods?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Straw man. Christians don't say Jesus Christ and the Father are the same. Jesus is the Son of YHVH who is the Father. Jesus is the Son. Yahweh and Yahshua.
They aren't the same? They are two different beings? Two different gods?

Different persons, same "God", which is a title, not a proper name. We call God "Him", not "Them". We're Trinitarians. God is One, yet exists in 3 distinct, yet co-equal persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

We humans are created in His image and likeness, we are 3 part being as well, body, soul; and spirit. When our body dies our soul and spirit move on the the afterlife, we are not 3 different people, we are one person.

edit on 20-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

We humans are created in His image and likeness, we are 3 part being as well, body, soul; and spirit. When our body dies our soul and spirit move on the the afterlife, we are not 3 different people, we are one person.
In the afterlife we become 2 parts instead? How do the soul and spirit reside together?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I can't speculate on the how man.

ADDED: And yes, 2 part beings until the resurrection, then we are given a glorified body.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

ADDED: And yes, 2 part beings until the resurrection, then we are given a glorified body.
What's the point of having a glorified body if you already exist in heaven? Also, if you are in heaven, you're in eternity, there is no time there. The resurrection of the dead would have already happened, etc. and you'd have your glorified body instantly. So, it would seem you wouldn't exist in heaven in two parts. Kind of confusing.

Also I wonder if your glorified body has a brain, a heart, lungs, intestines, anus, sexual organs, etc.? Or, if it's just an outer shell with nothing inside it?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

What's the point of having a glorified body if you already exist in heaven? Also, if you are in heaven, you're in eternity, there is no time there. The resurrection of the dead would have already happened, etc. and you'd have your glorified body instantly. So, it would seem you wouldn't exist in heaven in two parts. Kind of confusing.

Also I wonder if your glorified body has a brain, a heart, lungs, intestines, anus, sexual organs, etc.? Or, if it's just an outer shell with nothing inside it?

In my opinion your glorified body does not have anything that needs sustaining. You are what you project, Just like here,... but in a better light. A light where you can see clearly without a veil. Thats why when people say they had a nde or obe and they felt lighter it is because they were not magnetized by the Earth anymore and their physical body was no longer with them. Just the Spirit/Soul.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Dude, 1 word:

FOOD! Wouldn't be heaven without it!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Dude, 1 word:

FOOD! Wouldn't be heaven without it!
Lol, why would you need food? Would you die if you didn't eat? Do you need to breathe in heaven? Would you die if you stopped breathing?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Who cares about need, it's not at all about need, it's about how utterly amazing it is. We'll have the same kind of glorified body Christ had when he resurrected from the dead. Multi-dimensional, and yet He ate food also with His disciples.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Who cares about need, it's not at all about need, it's about how utterly amazing it is. We'll have the same kind of glorified body Christ had when he resurrected from the dead. Multi-dimensional, and yet He ate food also with His disciples.

So you say... but here's a question for you and please do not replay with more scriptures as I'm going to put a conditional on this,

Can you prove historically, WITHOUT THE USE OF THE BIBLE, that this happened? That Jesus in some transubstantiation form ate bread with his disciples after resurrecting? I do not believe that you can prove it any more than I can prove that the world hatched from a giant egg.

You have a belief, and faith that this book tells the truth, but what is truth? To quote from a production about the last days of Christ

What is truth? Is truth unchanging law? We both have truths, are mine the same as yours?

That's the funny thing about faith and a belief system, it sometimes so encompasses you that you tend to forget that there are other beliefs in the world, maybe more valid, maybe less valid, maybe exactly the same validity, but that belief in a book, a book it's been proven was written YEARS after the death of Christ and anyone who really would have been there, says you must discount any other ideas, and that... that in itself, should raise a red flag that it may be not 100% accurate, if you cannot question, if you cannot search out truth, and your Bible actually condemns you for doing so in one breath, yet tells you to convert convert convert blindly in another..... Then it is almost certainly, leaving out some key bit that would wrap it all up in a neat bow. Don't' ask me what that bit is, I haven't a clue, but something is missing out of this equation you call Christianity, I just haven't put my finger on it yet.

But unquestioning devotion without concrete proof because a book told me so? Nah... sorry can't bring myself to do it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Can you prove historically, WITHOUT THE USE OF THE BIBLE, that this happened?

Nope. Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts though.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Can you prove historically, WITHOUT THE USE OF THE BIBLE, that this happened? That Jesus in some transubstantiation form ate bread with his disciples after resurrecting? I do not believe that you can prove it any more than I can prove that the world hatched from a giant egg.

Can you prove Julius Caesar actually was stabbed by Brutus? Can you prove Socrates drank poison hemlock without using Plato as referrence? Absence of evidence is not evidence for absence. God forbid existence hinging on wether or not you could prove your existence using DNA and photographs, if that were the case then no one should exist today and we're living in a paradox. The only way we know any of the ancients did what they did is from accounts by other people, yet it is all readily accepted as the truth but when Yeshua is mentioned, well now thats a totally different story altogether. See the hypocrisy here? Yeshua claims to be God and therefore everything he ever did and said is automatically thrown out the door like it's trash, that in itself is a conspiracy when the Caesars themselves claimed to be gods yet their achievements were chronicled and documented and taken for 100% truth but when Yeshua gets mentioned oh "he never existed" or "he never did those things, it's a myth" or my favorite lie "he was invented at the Council of Nicea"

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by vkey08

Can you prove Julius Caesar actually was stabbed by Brutus? Can you prove Socrates drank poison hemlock without using Plato as referrence? Absence of evidence is not evidence for absence. God forbid existence hinging on wether or not you could prove your existence using DNA and photographs, if that were the case then no one should exist today and we're living in a paradox. The only way we know any of the ancients did what they did is from accounts by other people, yet it is all readily accepted as the truth but when Yeshua is mentioned, well now thats a totally different story altogether. See the hypocrisy here? Yeshua claims to be God and therefore everything he ever did and said is automatically thrown out the door like it's trash, that in itself is a conspiracy when the Caesars themselves claimed to be gods yet their achievements were chronicled and documented and taken for 100% truth but when Yeshua gets mentioned oh "he never existed" or "he never did those things, it's a myth" or my favorite lie "he was invented at the Council of Nicea"

I never said I could prove any of that stuff happened...... I am asking the bible thumpers to prove to me that a person died, was ressurected 3 days alter and sat down to dinner using historical texts and writings OTHER than the Bible.

I think you missed my comment "No more than I can prove the world hatched form an Egg"

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

Can you prove historically, WITHOUT THE USE OF THE BIBLE, that this happened?

Nope. Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts though.

You made my entire point, albeit rudely and with as closed a mind as I expected.

Every religion, including the one I believe in (100% on faith I may add, just in case anyone is thinking that I have some divine knowledge) is based upon writings that have almost no basis in rational or historical truth (although I will grant that the mention of the Flood *was* in the Epic of Gilgamesh some 2000 years prior to Noah's story) Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Mayans, Voodoo, Buddhists, Shinto, et al, all have systems of belief that to the trained and analytical mind should be 100% impossible to believe, yet we do. Most religions (with the notable exceptions of Christians and Muslims

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The concept of the "Trinity" goes way back, many thousands of years before Christianity to Ancient Sumeria.

Most of ancient theology is lost under the sands of time. However, archaeological expeditions in ancient Mesopotamia have uncovered the fascinating culture of the Sumerians, which flourished over 4,000 years ago. Though Sumeria was overthrown first by Assyria, and then by Babylon, its gods lived on in the cultures of those who conquered. The historian S. H. Hooke tells in detail of the ancient Sumerian trinity: Anu was the primary god of heaven, the ‘Father’, and the ‘King of the Gods’; Enlil, the ‘wind-god’ was the god of the earth, and a creator god; and Enki was the god of waters and the ‘lord of wisdom’ (15-18). The historian, H. W. F. Saggs, explains that the Babylonian triad consisted of ‘three gods of roughly equal rank... whose inter-relationship is of the essence of their natures’.

Is this positive proof that the Christian Trinity descended from the ancient Sumerian, Assyrian, and Babylonian triads? No. However, Hislop furthers the comparison, ‘In the unity of that one, Only God of the Babylonians there were three persons, and to symbolize [sic] that doctrine of the Trinity, they employed... the equilateral triangle, just as it is well known the Romish Church does at this day’
source
Just like with everything else, All Roads lead to Ancient Sumer.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I too would like an intelligent answer to that question, but I fear it will never be truthfully answered for us.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The Babylonian perversion is a father-like figure, a son-like figure, and a mother-like figure. That's satan's perversion of the Biblical Trinity.

Preach to the Catholics about that.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I gave you an honest answer, what else do you want?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Honestly, you are asking for proof for something that requires faith. It is clear from your posts that faith is something that you lack, and the very people who are trying to help you find it, you attack.

2 Corinthians 5:7
7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

The Babylonian perversion is a father-like figure, a son-like figure, and a mother-like figure. That's satan's perversion of the Biblical Trinity.

And since us women are the root of all evil, to transform it from "perverse" to "perfect" the christians simply removed women from the equation.

It really makes me wonder sometimes... so many christians claim that in life "perfect unity" in a relationship/marriage is strictly reserved for opposite sex couples, but when it comes to god, the "perfect union" involves god and Jesus, two male figures and no women.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join