It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever talked with god?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeprodigy

Amazing testimony brother,

AMEN!

I've had some very similar experiences,

there's no denying it when you're in his presence, EVERY FIBER of your being knows it!

edit on 4/13/2012 by Iason321 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Thank you so much for your comment.

Blessings.

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I try to talk to god but I always get some woman that helps me. I think she's like Indian. Either god's outsourcing or he's a she.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamdavid
Hi.

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while, so here goes..

Have you ever had a conversation with god? (in that you heard his voice)

Please, if possible, do write in detail the sound of his voice, and what you talked about.

Thanks

The sound of his voice is deep and with power. When speaking to others from above (angels), they don't know emotion like Father does. He speaks with a high degree of intelligence and detail, with compassion and love, but with assertiveness as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I try to talk to god but I always get some woman that helps me. I think she's like Indian. Either god's outsourcing or he's a she.

Could be the one that sits close to him.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Haven't heard his voice but I did experience the "rushing of the wind" as described in Acts 2. And the Apocalyptic visions were interesting too.

edit on 14-4-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iamdavid

Originally posted by iamdavid
Hi.

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while, so here goes..

Have you ever had a conversation with god? (in that you heard his voice)

Please, if possible, do write in detail the sound of his voice, and what you talked about.

Thanks

I’ve never had a conversation with God, whereby he speaks and I then reply, like a normal everyday conversation. However, I have heard Gods voice twice in my life so far, so I am uniquely qualified lol to describe the sound of Gods voice. And this may sound like a contradiction, but Gods voice was both powerful, and yet gentle, at the same time!

Because of this gentle and powerful combination in Gods voice, I have considered the idea, that Gods voice, maybe both masculine and feminine, although I can’t state this, as an absolute fact.

The first time I heard Gods voice was back in 1996; I woke up one night at about 3am in the morning and heard the voice I described above, saying the Lords Prayer; but back then I was young and I didn’t really believe in God.

Moving on some 13 years later (2009) I heard the same voice again, but this time the voice asked me a question. This question led me into a journey of discovery, which ultimately ended up with me coming to believe in Jesus and receiving the Holy Spirit.

I would also add that Gods voice can sometimes be felt, as well as heard audibly. I say this because when I heard Gods audible voice for the second time, I also felt the words inwardly as well.

And finally, I should mention that I’ve never heard any other voices in my head throughout my entire life, with the exception of what I have described above.

Hope some of this helps…

- JC

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Perhaps what you heard,

Was not the Almightys voice Himself,

But one of His messengers?

Just food for thought...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have not heard to voice of God, as told in the legendary story of Moses and in that story it is said that God is very scary, so much that you cannot look but Moses bowed down his face to the ground. Jesus taught about repentance. So when I do find myself in the deeper realms of my subconscious, usually coming out of a sleep, I have a mixture of fear and sorrow naturally, possibly it is related to the knowledge that Jesus and Moses had of God.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iamdavid

i would not call it a conversation, it's more like one-way-messaging. i heard a voice a couple of times, but never could or should (?) reply.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Back in 1991, I got divorced, got a girlfriend, and then lost her too. One day she came over and sat me down for one of those dreaded "We have to talk." talks. As she was still explaining all the reasons we could no longer be together, I was already composing my reply in my mind, intent on keeping her. Then something happened:

It was AS IF someone tapped me on the right shoulder.

It was AS IF someone spoke to me from the right and a little to the rear. It was not a voice I heard with my ears, but more like a mental impression in my mind, that I had to interpret. However, the voice/impression was strong, clear, and certain. I was told, "HMMMM, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO?"

So, knowing with total certainty Who was speaking to me, I didn't do it - I put my speech out of my mind, and told her, "...this is bitter, but you've made the right decision."

Subsequent events proved my guidance to be entirely correct. Weeks later, all the rugs had pulled out from under me, and I hit rock bottom - facedown on the floor of my bedroom, repenting of my marriage, my affair, all the bad/stupid/sinful things I had done in my 40-some years of living. I could hardly speak between sobs, but when I could cry no more, and reached a state of emptiness, the same voice told me, and in the same way, "Your wife and your girlfriend have been taken away, and they are not coming back to you. However, your sins are forgiven, you have a clean slate."

Me ex-wife is recovering from polyfragmented multiple personality syndrome, and is living on a psychiatric disability. The ex-girlfriend (last I heard) had schizophrenia. I am delivered. Thank you, God!
edit on 14-4-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Powerful and Spirit inspired Testimony,

Amen

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I have to put in my vote for Joecroft on this one...because he says "And this may sound like a contradiction, but Gods voice was both powerful, and yet gentle, at the same time! "

That's it exactly.

On a personal note speaking now only for myself and what I've experienced:

There is not one bit of judgment or animosity or anger or accusation or blame or criticism in that voice...NOT EVER...GOD's love is literally and truly perfect and I think that is what makes the interesting juxtaposition of power and gentleness...

The power of love is THE only true power...the guaranteed victor over all misery no matter what...this is what we hear in that soft sweet voice...that somehow is able to convey authority without the slightest tinge of hubris or arrogance...GOD doesn't want to 'lord it over' us...GOD seeks us as friends and companions through which the events of material existence can become part of the all that the all-knowing knows......because that's why we are here..to become experienced...to be the experience of Spirit in material forms in a contextual world...EXPERIENCE is everything as far as learning and becoming.
edit on 4/14/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38There is not one bit of judgment or animosity or anger or accusation or blame or criticism in that voice...NOT EVER...GOD's love is literally and truly perfect and I think that is what makes the interesting juxtaposition of power and gentleness...

Yes! Yes! That was my impression too, when God first spoke to me - I felt both the power and the gentleness, plus a trace of amusement and a hint of expectation as to what I was going to do.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Yes! That 'trace of amusement' is nearly a constant! GOD has a tremendous sense of humor...which makes sense to me...how could He not?

I use "He" out of convention and simplicity for communicating...but I think of GOD as 'THE'...or 'WE' as in they are 'WE'...my mother and my father...but it is HIS voice that speaks to us and HER voice that speaks through us!

IMO, that is.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Originally posted by queenannie38
I have to put in my vote for Joecroft on this one...because he says "And this may sound like a contradiction, but Gods voice was both powerful, and yet gentle, at the same time! "

That's it exactly.

Thanks…

This apparent contradiction of power and gentleness, can be very hard for people to accept, unless they have experienced Gods voice for themselves.

Originally posted by queenannie38
On a personal note speaking now only for myself and what I've experienced:

There is not one bit of judgment or animosity or anger or accusation or blame or criticism in that voice...NOT EVER...GOD's love is literally and truly perfect and I think that is what makes the interesting juxtaposition of power and gentleness...

Yes this is very true. When God asked me the question, there was no pressure, fear or force used at all. It was just gently directed into my spirit for me to act on as I saw fit, without any hint of “find the answer or else!” These factors as well as many others, convinced me that this was God speaking.

Anything, which tries to promise you things, or tests you in a negative way, or which pressurizes you into doing stuff, or which just makes you feel generally uncomfortable, is not of God IMO.

- JC

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
He taught me how to pray and how to love and how to forgive. No big thundering voice, but if you listen closely you can hear him in your thoughts guiding you if you are his son/daughter.
I know people who have been christians for many years, and claim to have a personal relationship with their god. They claimed that god told them something, spoke it to others, and were wrong. It is amazing that after all these years of communicating with the creator of the universe, they STILL can't tell which is their thoughts and which is the voice of their god. Why does he speak in your head anyway? Why doesn't he speak verbally?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
It was AS IF someone spoke to me from the right and a little to the rear. It was not a voice I heard with my ears, but more like a mental impression in my mind, that I had to interpret. However, the voice/impression was strong, clear, and certain. I was told, "HMMMM, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO?"

So, knowing with total certainty Who was speaking to me, I didn't do it - I put my speech out of my mind, and told her, "...this is bitter, but you've made the right decision."
I had something similar happen. I was volunteering in a christian drug rehab center in a different country than mine. I was in love with a great christian girl back home. I had dated her for a couple of years, but I had broken it off. I had correspondence with her through mail. I wrote her and told her how much I wanted to be with her when I got back. After that letter, I prayed about it. I felt like whatever happened, it was god's plan, and felt peace about it.

I got a letter back from her and she said that she was seeing someone else and wanted for it to work out. I was ok with it, and let her know.

She married that guy, had two kids, then he cheated on her and had a kid with another woman. They divorced, he married the other woman. Thank you Jesus.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've heard three distinct audible voices since receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit., two of which were most likely male and the third is up in the air.

The first voice I have heard twice. Male, deep yet soft. Words cannot convey how gentle it was yet it had authority and power.. Because of what the voice said, I believe I'm able to correctly identify it as the same voice that spoke to the OT prophet Zechariah. He had a series of eight visions in one night and the person speaking to him is identified as the 'Angel of the Lord.'

The second voice was male, deep, loud and gravelly, even to the point he sounded a tad mad. He said one word, 'YHVH.'

The last one was so whispery and breathy to the point it was creepy. It said, 'Hey, hey!' But each word was so full of breath. Interestingly the hebrew letter hey or heh is found twice in the personal name YHVH and by itself means 'behold' or 'look.' Startled I walked in the opposite direction.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
After that letter, I prayed about it. I felt like whatever happened, it was god's plan, and felt peace about it.

You are truly not ready to hear the answer until a positive or negative response are both equally acceptable. Your attitude there speaks of profound maturity. Too bad about the ex-girlfriend, the husband, the other woman, and the kids, but so few people listen to God.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join