It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever talked with god?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi.

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while, so here goes..

Have you ever had a conversation with god? (in that you heard his voice)

Please, if possible, do write in detail the sound of his voice, and what you talked about.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I remeber when I was 16 I was trying the astral projection thing and I saw the Devil (I'm guessing)
perched up in the corner of my room looking at me. Then I heard a deep but distinctive voice. It gave me some advice concerning something I was going through at the time. I believe it was God.
I don't know how else to describe it though.

edit on 13-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
While I have not personally, your post made me think of a saying: Praying is talking to god and mediation is listening to god. Unfortunately, those that claim to have an actual conversation may be deemed a bit nutty, but hey to each their own as long as they aren't bothering others.

peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iamdavid

His? Is that an assumption?

Just asking.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

All the time. I could never write down the complete details of our ongoing conversation but I can tell you that if you listen...you will hear GOD...within you. And if you ask to hear, you will hear...but it takes time to get it down...the listening part, that is. If you know yourself truthfully you will recognize the voice of GOD because you are able to recognize the voice of your own thoughts and you'll hear the difference.

But you have to quiet your mind...there are endless suggestions on how to do this and I've done it for so long I really don't know how I first did it. But it isn't hard or complicated.

Anyone can hear GOD if they want to...there are no exclusions for any reason! And GOD told me that, in truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

Just asking.

Of course "His"
God is a boy's name. lol

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Nope I have never talked of heard a god`s voice, the only voice you hear in your head is the ego its the same thing that makes your fearful, and all Christians are fearful of their God.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
His voice? No no.. ITS VOICE. THE VOICE.

Well since you ask yes. I talk with GOD. Maybe not as often as I would like or should. But I do when I get around to it.

It is not easy for me to talk to GOD much anymore. GOD tries to ignore me theses days. There used to be moments when GOD and I would have some really in depth discussions on the questions I had. I always enjoyed asking GOD every question I could and GOD used to enjoy answering my questions. But these days WE do not talk much anymore.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Well, I think it was God, or a mesenger, but of course I'm a constant skeptic... Definitely masculine, but not the super deep sounding thunderous voice you hear in the movies... It's hard to explain, but I didn't really "hear" it... It was more like it was a reverberation throughout me... Kind of telepathic I guess for lack of a better term... All He said was, "Do as I've told you to do my son." over and over again...

I posted a thread last year on the experience if you're interested... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-4-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I've tried a few times to strike up a conversation...... but either he doesn't like
me or he isn't there, coz each time i get nothing back.......

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

I've tried a few times to strike up a conversation...... but either he doesn't like
me or he isn't there, coz each time i get nothing back.......

Try emailing him instead then or Facebook him - I am sure He must be on there everyone is

edit on 13-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I tried several times while I was trying to have that "walk" with him. He was either not there or he just didn't have time for me. That's when I decided to become Agnostic.

I wish He/She was there but I have my doubts now. But then I also wish faeries were real and bigfoot and aliens and ufo's and ...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You should read the book A Conversation With God by Neal Donald Walshe.... its brilliant i recommend it... it'sin 3 parts, if you read the first you'll wanna read the rest. Its about .. well someone who starts to have a conversation with god, asks questions then writes down the answer's.... Brilliant book

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xApostle

I second that!

I've only read the first one. It was a year or so ago, but I mkeep meaning to pick up the second one. Regardless, it was great!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

Just asking.

I read your post, then read your name, and had a good laugh.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
To OP:

I've been catching a LOT of flak on here recently, and I don't really feel like getting flamed and mocked at the moment, but in short answer to your question: Yes. Not gonna get into specifics or anything, you can U2U me if you want and I could tell you stories and experiences of mine that will boggle your mind (if your open to that sorta stuff)...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I look at the concept of God as the ultimate union, the source of all knowledge that connects every living and non-living thing in the universe. To converse with God is to look inward and outward simultaneously through meditation, prayer, or simple observation. When meditating upon the pursuit of knowledge and problem solving, we are harnessing this source and discovering potential alternatives to overcome obstacles and acquire the lessons that come with doing such.

Personal epiphanies and realizations are what I define God to be, knowledge and wisdom that we discover through life experiences. It is the source of all intellect sans of dogma or spite -- it is the ultimate neutrality. I feel this communication every time I pick up a book, make a personal realization, find a solution, solve a math problem, or am given the opportunity to see from a different perspective. Enlightenment is knowledge, thus every time we come to knowledgeable conclusions we are harnessing the God within us.

God is not an external force, nor an unfamiliar or superstitious aspect of the universe -- God is knowledge, something both science and religion ultimately pursue in two very different ways.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I thought I heard God call me down to the front of a Baptist church in a small town in Texas when I was six. They baptistized me by dunking me whole into a pool wearing a robe and that was all I needed. I talked to him alot but no, I haven't had a conversation since I thought he pushed me up front of church.
Years passed and I talked he ignored me until my teenage years when I grew up and reach the age of reason. I decided I wouldn't throw away my social life and education on someone who was too busy or had better people to attend to. Then I read a book that showed me the nature of reality and how we make our own. If we aren't careful and aware someone will make your reality for you. If you don't do anything your reality is set for you anyway. We are all trapped in an Iron Prison we've been calling "Consensus Reality" where we all decide let's say certainly gravity works, America is good, we all have to pay taxes, and there IS a god. A little sarcasm there because reality is silly putty everyday of our lives. This book showed me that to know thyself is the first step to whoever "god" is. Doubt everything, hover over the most probable and faith is not your friend. In other words:
I slept with Slept with Faith and found a corpse in my arms apron awakening; I drank and danced all night with Doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
Beware of anyone who talks with certainty.
This book gave me so many directions of inspiration that "god" is now the "Source" to me, in every detail but detached out out there and in here too. The macro is in the micro.
If nothing else the book is one hellofaride!!!!

www.rawilson.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
When I was 7, I was digging through my toy box and i heard a strong voice call my name it scarred me I ran to my mother and asked if she called me or if there was anybody else in the house she said no. I never forgot that experience I was very upset and did not want to go back in my room my Dad had to put me to bed that night and check out everything in my room before I would go to bed.

I had another experience in 1985 when I was called on Sunday morning that I had to go to help out in church but when I got there they told me a mistake had been made and that I did not have to be there.
This made me very angry because I had just gotten off a 12hr. night shift and needed sleep because I had to go back to work that night. So I went over and just sat with anger. They were singing in the background and out of nowhere I was filled from the top of my head to the tips of my toe's with electric love energy.Then I got goose bumps all over and decided to stand up and join in with the singing. At the exact time when I stood up someone yelled something that I realized was about me. I became very self aware that this had happened at the same time and that I had never experienced something like this before. I didn't want to move and stood there freaking out inside as I didn't know what this harmony was. So I started praying and asking God what this is, and asking for His wisdom. My body started shaking all over so that I could hardly stand. I just kept on praying; then all at once there was a whooshhh. I was filled with love that is indescribable and I found myself in Heaven. In that instant I knew the meaning of life, and it was LOVE. In Heaven I looked all around and saw all kinds of people who had this love too, and I realized I also was part of this LOVE. I can't emphasize enough how all pervasive and overwhelming this LOVE was.
Then a Man all in white came up to me. He had white hair and beard,and piercing, loving eyes, and I knew he could see into everything about me. I could hear his thoughts in the purest language. He explained what I was experiencing about the harmony of life and a lot more, but that's enough for now so yes I've heard GOD.

edit on 13-4-2012 by mikeprodigy because: correction

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
He taught me how to pray and how to love and how to forgive. No big thundering voice, but if you listen closely you can hear him in your thoughts guiding you if you are his son/daughter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join