It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976, scientists say

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Hmmm....isn't this sorta like how NASA "goofed" and didn't realize that the moon had a massive amount of water on it.

But NASA didn't "goof." They reported the data they collected from samples taken from the surface (and very near the surface) of the Moon's equatorial and "temperate" zones. It was in close agreement with the samples brought back by Russia. The recent discovery of relatively large amounts of frozen water at the poles was due to an impact churning up regolith from much deeper levels of the crust. Funny how no-one has attempted to "cover up" these more recent findings.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Stop it! If you have nothing useful to add don't post.

I think the verdict is still out but I am hopeful that this will at least this will get the focus back on the space program. We NEED these programs. Our future depends on it. We cannot stay on this planet forever. Eventually something will happen that will make habitation here very difficult if not impossible.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Critics counter that the method has not yet been proven effective for differentiating between biological and non-biological processes on Earth, so it's premature to draw any conclusions.

Misleading thread title. Lock. Ban. Delete.

SILENCE THE TRUTH!

In actuality, the "Thread Title" is the Article Title...so your gross request for censorship is even more unfounded.

There will always be critics...but just because someone is a critic, does not mean they have anything intelligent to base their criticisms on.

When we finally and publicly make "first contact" again - there will be a fringe group of people claiming the flying saucer hovering over the capitals of the world are mere hologram aftershocks from the Bush administration.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Anyone want to e-mail NASA and see how quickly they promote ignorance, or do we wait for the lying/obscuring statement they release in response to this?

edit : if nobody else does I will later.
edit on 13-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

ahhh well , shot that one down , but still I would have loved to have seen more of phobos that pesky little moon and the mysteries it holds.

Im entirely interested in its "internal structures" as mentioned by ESA and the Russian mission which preceded the grunt mission.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sent this to NASA, will let you know of any response.

Hi there,

I'm pretty sure you'll release some type of statement distancing yourselves from anything to do with this report before I get a reply, but just in case I thought I'd try.

The report is here, which you're surely well aware of by now : www.msnbc.msn.com...

So as someone who researches the paranormal, I'd like to ask the following :

a) If you choose once again to distance yourselves from this, why so? Who are you protecting?
b) why does it seem like you promote ignorance about life beyond our planet instead of giving us some truth?
c) do you think your "rules" regarding information connected to extraterrestrials will be relaxed in the near future, allowing us to have our collective blindfolds removed from us? Or do the agencies, governments, bankers and corporations across the world have too much power and influence to lose if we know they're not the ones we should be looking up to?
d) what is your own, as a person, not a NASA employee, belief about the possibility of extraterrestrials?

Thanks for any response either way, but I'd guess that you'll be issuing a statement long before I get a reply,

Rob Hines

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Hi there,

I'm pretty sure you'll release some type of statement distancing yourselves from anything to do with this report before I get a reply, but just in case I thought I'd try.

The report is here, which you're surely well aware of by now : www.msnbc.msn.com...

a) If you choose once again to distance yourselves from this, why so? Who are you protecting?
b) why does it seem like you promote ignorance about life beyond our planet instead of giving us some truth?
c) do you think your "rules" regarding information connected to extraterrestrials will be relaxed in the near future, allowing us to have our collective blindfolds removed from us? Or do the agencies, governments, bankers and corporations across the world have too much power and influence to lose if we know they're not the ones we should be looking up to?
d) what is your own, as a person, not a NASA employee, belief about the possibility of extraterrestrials?

Thanks for any response either way, but I'd guess that you'll be issuing a statement long before I get a reply,

Rob Hines

Hopefully you get a reply, but we all know that it isn't going to happen. If anything they will just simply say that "We have no idea what you are talking about, please visit our website for the latest information about space!"

edit on 13-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Rob Hines

Oh no... "Paranormal"?!?
Now they know you're one of those people who believe in everything.

You will be ignored...

Thanks for ruining it for us...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonthedit
Oh no... "Paranormal"?!?
Now they know you're one of those people who believe in everything.

You will be ignored...

Thanks for ruining it for us...

I've ruined nothing though have I? How could I have done that? And if they spoke the truth instead of lying so much maybe the "Paranormal" would be a real Scientific area of study.

Besides, you just e-mail them yourself don't you if you're that bothered? I was just bored and thought I'd ask them a few questions, sick of them to be honest and their so-called monopoly on what goes and what doesn't, otherwise I'd have worded it better.

The best thing would be for them to just shut up anyway (like they're currently doing.) and leave the scientists to it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I hope you get a reply even if it is a standard pretyped please visit our website reply. It would be nice to know that your message was read by at least one person, hell the person that reads it could be that guy sick of his job and ready to quit and decides to hell with it and spills the beans. (Fantasy world I know)
But A+ for effort sir.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
hell the person that reads it could be that guy sick of his job and ready to quit and decides to hell with it and spills the beans. (Fantasy world I know)

I'd not like that to be honest, because I'd probably have MI5/MI6 at the door over the next few hours because I'd read something I wasn't supposed to! Or they'd just delete the e-mail from my inbox before I had the chance to read it. (most likely.)

Sorry anyway, am just in a bad mood and have already had the tax office sending me stupid letters (asking for tax from when I wasn't even working!) so maybe it spilled over into my NASA (never a straight answer.) e-mail.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well you were at least proactive in sending them a letter, where as most would rather complain and not do anything. Sorry to hear about your taxes I guess things over the pond arent to diffirent from over here. I understand, I was self employed before... tax nightmare over here.

But maybe the evidence will hold up to peer review then we all have somethingto celebrate! So fingers crossed.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Just too many blurred structures, faces, gadgets, ink stains blotches with structured forms underneath from JPL on mars not to have microbial life on mars.

Plus the similarity of Lonnie Zamora's testimony and how it matches so closely Gary Wilcox (talking with two Martians) is the real smoking gun for me. (April 12th, 1964, both happened on that date).

Plus the Aliens in The Forest Incident seems to be a craft from Mars (based on the similarity of the size of the beings and the white space suites)

Why suites from head to toe? They lost their resistance to earth life ! The ribbed tube picture really does show there is an underground civilization there. It really does!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
Sorry to hear about your taxes I guess things over the pond arent to diffirent from over here. I understand, I was self employed before... tax nightmare over here.

No probs, it really isn't a problem anyway. I was also self-employed, but after I'd stopped doing that they decided to carry on as if I was, then start bugging me about non-existent tax-returns, so they're basically wasting their time anyway. The annoying thing is that instead of simply being able to e-mail them you have to either sit on the phone (tried that, didn't get through.) or write to them. And I'll probably word it with the same mood as I did the NASA e-mail so it's probably best I do that anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

this is actually a pretty big deal, but i guess there disclosure process is working. people i've talked to so far have said "oh cool" or "how about that". the governments already know and people know. it's just being spoon fed like it has been for years.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
there 'HAS' to be life out there.. I mean, where the hell do you think we came from.. EARTH? hah!

I'm fairly sure there's life on Mars... just not on the surface. I mean, on top of the ground there isn't enough elements for life,but under the soil? I'm fairly confident there's cells and bacteria.

We need to send up a remote control car that can drill down a few meters.

The main reason I believe that the ones in charge have wanted to keep it a secret so long, is because once we prove there's life out there it means there's almost a certainty that there's life out there far superior to us.

For the people to grasp the concept that we are, infact, not top of the food chain and can, at any time be enslaved or over run is quite a difficult reality to accept. But for the powers that be? its a game changer. People will not take well to being governed when the people in charge them selves are as meaningless as its people.

So keep that in mind, because the powers that be can only keep the illusion going as long as no one shows up on our doorstep suddenly.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

I couldn't have said it better

But when you say We need to send up a remote control car that can drill down a few meters.... that literally has to mean WE; ordinary independent impartial people who ultimately foot the bill. Not NASAstronaut.

But who besides a select few can afford to build, fuel and send a rocket to Mars? The average person can barely afford a trip around the world!

So we rely on the PTB via NASA pawns.

This corrupt cycle of power has got to come to halt soon. The people (the minion) are catching on. We're not as complacent and compliant as we were 50 years ago. There's an uprising in the works to shift the scales more equally.
We've been lied to and deeply deceived and this group of people waking up is growing larger every hour.

The problem is on United States right now.
We've (They. I hate being a member of 'them') cornered the market with space travel. At least the public version of space travel anyway. Not the case anymore.

For some unknown reason all of a sudden 5 or 6 countries are vying for the Moon in what looks to be a hastily fashion. What's the rush? No one has wanted to 'publicly' go there in 40 years (although they've BEEN going there for years.....) but why now?
This is where speculation comes in.

The PTB know there are structures on the Moon/Mars for a very long time. They've been doing their dosey-doe dance between NASA and the Black Operation Projects for many decades now and now the two entities have to merge and purge.

China in their infinite technological wisdom are capturing extremely high-resolution photos of the Moon's surface and making them public. There's already been some sort of censorship and damage control committee in place.

Perhaps the photos are coming out before the PTB has their plans in place? Who knows? I surely don't.

But very soon, a genuine bonafided WTF-photo will emerge making the PTB scramble for explanation forcing them to manage yet maintain their control.

Think about it. Once we know, I mean officially know there is intelligent life out there (and not that far away) would income taxes matter as much? Or that parking ticket?
I think people will start getting smug rightfully so, with an attitude of "I don't have to listen to you. There's something more powerful than you now'

So there's been in place some sort of introduction that will finally let the truth out (because they're in the 11th hour) but still, allow them (the elite) to reign the planet.
That's where the alien-invasion theory comes in. What better way of cuing in their existence while keeping us fearful and them, in control? That's a perfect scenario and one that is very likely to happen too.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i dont know why people find this so shocking, its only the truth lol

edit: testing picture
edit on 13-4-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

yes, sending a hostile email is going to get a reply.
brilliant.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

yes, sending a hostile email is going to get a reply.
brilliant.

Yeah it was pretty lame, agreed. Nevermind though, I slightly doubt my e-mail will have made them change their policy on anything so things are still how they were.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Critics counter that the method has not yet been proven effective for differentiating between biological and non-biological processes on Earth, so it's premature to draw any conclusions.

Misleading thread title. Lock. Ban. Delete.

Good thing you're not a mod, the actual news article on msn is titled like that, you should be Locked. Banned. Deleted instead

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join