It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976, scientists say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

I think they have known for many decades that there was life on Mars at one point in time. But, I don't think there is life on Mars today. The planet appears to be dead.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've said it before.. I believe that soon scientists will realize that life in the universe is the rule rather than the exception. It's WHY the universe exists - for LIFE to have a place to exist and thrive.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by CALGARIAN

in 1976? And they never said anything?

IMO this should be the reason to do the complete opposite of funding NASA. Destroy NASA, dismantle it. Let the private sector take over and generate true results in space exploration. NASA is a destroyer of ideas and dreams, they stifle advances and hide the truth.

This is not new data and has been available sense the experiment. The researchers looked at the data in a different way.
A quote from the abstract:
ijass.org...

We have applied complexity analysis to the Viking LR data. Measures of mathematical complexity permit deep analysis of data structure along continua including signal vs. noise, entropy vs.negentropy, periodicity vs. aperiodicity, order vs. disorder etc.

This was never secret data hidden from you. This is a link to the viking labeled release data set You

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Critics counter that the method has not yet been proven effective for differentiating between biological and non-biological processes on Earth, so it's premature to draw any conclusions.

Misleading thread title. Lock. Ban. Delete.

How about just changing the title? 100% content integrity means moderating ATS like Nazi Germany.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Totally misread and thought the title said, "Robots found viking life on Mars in 1976, scientists say."

For a split second I feared that the planetary Norwegians were going to grab their skull-mugs and ponies and invade us from the red planet.

On Topic: Very interesting find. I wonder what the implications are of this.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Somehow i get the impression some in this thread think 'microbial life' will mean we found a city of little green men.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

the entire universe is consciousness at the quantum level. monkeys are not the only form of life. for fluksake birds are more conscious and beautiful than us. we act like no other life forms exist. ignorance is not monkey-knowlege.
edit on 12-4-2012 by badazz because: li

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Is there life in New Jersey?

No, the taxes here have eradicated it all.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Holy crap thank you for the link i live here and have yet to hear anything about this. Now i'm gonna make a few calls to see if i can find out anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I've said it before.. I believe that soon scientists will realize that life in the universe is the rule rather than the exception. It's WHY the universe exists - for LIFE to have a place to exist and thrive.

My thoughts exactly. What you said.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Mars has life for sure, BUT not for us !

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have bacteria in my stomach and I don't need an 'expedition' down my oesophagus to prove it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
[delete]
edit on 12-4-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Viking Robots or, Robot Vikings...
a.) are awesome names for a band.
b.) are Techno Vikings' second cousins.
c.) can beat up Hugh Jackmans' robots!
e.) all of the above.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976, scientists say

www.msnbc.msn.com

New analysis of 36-year-old data, resuscitated from printouts, shows that NASA found life on Mars, an international team of mathematicians and scientists conclude in a paper published this week.

Further, NASA doesn't need a human expedition to Mars to nail down the claim.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4/12/2012 by dbates because: Edited title to reflect article

Does it really come as a surprise to you that mainstream media and mainstream science lie? Mainstream anything = LIE.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Thanks Galgarian! As you know, there are quite a number of ATS's who have been aware of this(or at
least suspected) this for years. Not only Bacteria, but Algae, Fungi, and the symbiotic relation between
the two( Lichen).Not to mention the obvious (WATER).Many of us are still on the fence regarding more advanced forms. But open to them. Strange as it appears, and coincidentally, do any of you ATS folks find Obamas shutdown
of NASA and this forthcoming release of information beautifully related?
At any rate, IT IS A BEAUTIFUL THING, and a FASCINATING CAPTAIN!
S&F

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What they have shown us, so far, is that Mars is a Desert.
We have seen a few clouds etc, some wind.

I can take you to Deserts in Australia, that for 100s of miles in any direction, you wont see any life.
The Sturt Stony desert, is covered with "Gibbers" small-midsize stones and rocks....Where did they come from? who knows (geologists I guess
I can take you to the Simpsons desert, where for miles upon miles, all you will see are red sanddunes....yes almost the same red dust as on Mars....maybe even the same..in a Mars-Earth brotherly way.
I can take you to where there are monoliths in the sand, with no apparent life.

Africa, America, Sth America, Asia, all have deserts and desolate land where you can see for miles and not see any life.......
But be assured, there is life on Earth...Ive see it!!!!!! Ive even taken a picture of it....sorry CGI.....
We are just not sure if there is any intelligent life on Earth yet.....We need more Probing!!!

austhrutime.com...

(not sure if this is how you post pictures)

edit on 12-4-2012 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Does this have anything to do with the monolith that NASA is reporting via Yahoo?

Does anybody have a link to this? I'd love to read about it

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Does this have anything to do with the monolith that NASA is reporting via Yahoo?

Get ready people.....the truth is about to come out!

NASA admitting single-cell living specs live on other plants isn't quite the disclosure you're after. It may be a step though.
edit on 4/13/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Get ready people.....the truth is about to come out!

Link

Please

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join