It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976, scientists say

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hopefully this is what we've all been waiting for...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I wonder if they were waiting for irrefutable evidence to present to a international press conference. Also, this may increase funding to NASA, as they desperately need from what I've heard.

It's not just NASA, it's the entire western civilization that is going down the drain. NASA thrived on Braun's vision, and without it, it's just another coocoo organisation, full of rubbish and political propaganda to get funding. Even since Braun died, NASA has done nothing but come up with a lot of "scary" movie ideas, like "The CORE", "Deep Impact", etc ... to get more funding. They couldn't even land properly on mars, barely managed to drop a ball there ... and with modern technology, that is pretty lame, since they managed to land on the moon with none of this modern technology. Just dreams and visions of visionaries.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Pretty much. Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun was a genius. Luckily we got him before the Bolsheviks did. Back to the subject of the thread though, I would bet that they already have 100% proof that life indeed does exist on Mars. I mean, Fossils have most likely already been found and returned to earth. Whatever exists now because of the harsh environment is probably bacteria of some sort or at the very most a primitive form of life. At the same time,There is also a very good chance that Mars is nothing more than a dead planet.

Truth is, Black shadow funded projects have existed for decades within the secret space program that the masters of puppets have taken upon themselves to hide because it's supposedly in the best interests of mankind. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by dawnprince
I think that it's important for everybody not to get too carried away here . The " life " NASA is referring to is more than likely microbiological . There is nothing on Mars to support any other type of life .
If life ever existed on the red planet then I doubt it ever evolved any further than its present form .

To say there are buildings on Mars is pure speculation and there will be many disappointed people when the truth is known .
Please don't let our hopes get too high , because NASA has an excellent track record for letting us down after their big build ups .

I think 'pure speculation' is a lot more reliable than NASA's 'official words"

You're of the mindset that there isn't and never has been life on Mars. I won't begrudge you for that thinking but allow me to say, you can't be any further from the truth.

How can you even begin to know my mindset from one post ?
How clear can I make this to you ? There is no evidence ( yet ) that intelligent life on mars ever existed.
Microbes and bacteria do not build cities.
You will probably reply with something like " Intelligent life once existed , but something happened that caused a mass die off . What we are witnessing now is life beginning all over again ".

I won't begrudge you having such fanciful thoughts !
edit on 13-4-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I wonder if they were waiting for irrefutable evidence to present to a international press conference. Also, this may increase funding to NASA, as they desperately need from what I've heard.

So more lies from NASA to get funding. I see.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
I would bet that they already have 100% proof that life indeed does exist on Mars. I mean, Fossils have most likely already been found and returned to earth.

Truth is, Black shadow funded projects have existed for decades within the secret space program that the masters of puppets have taken upon themselves to hide because it's supposedly in the best interests of mankind. ~$heopleNation

Who would have found these fossils and how were they returned to earth ? As far as most of us are aware , none of the landers have ever returned .
Supposition and fanciful theories lend nothing to this thread .

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

How clear can I make this to you ? There is no evidence ( yet ) that intelligent life on mars ever existed. 
You will probably reply with something like " Intelligent life once existed , but something happened that caused a mass die off . What we are witnessing now is life beginning all over again ". 

Im not being funny, but it was not that long ago that
people would have said you had fanciful thoughts for
even thinking that there could be bacteria life on mars.

If this is true, then its huge news!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Life FOUND on MARS

www.msnbc.msn.com

New analysis of 36-year-old data, resuscitated from printouts, shows that NASA found life on Mars, an international team of mathematicians and scientists conclude in a paper published this week.

Further, NASA doesn't need a human expedition to Mars to nail down the claim.
(visit the link for the full news article)

The sad truth is that they will probably REDUCE the budget with this. Because the "Further NASA doesn't need a human expedition to Mars to nail down the claim," quote negates the need for a budget if NASA has already found life. No need to fund an expedition.

NASA has lost much of its staff and funding. This has been in large part because of the success of the *secret* space program.

I think it pertinent to know, there's a black budget/operation going on simultaneously with NASA. NASA is just the cover.
Where do you think 2.3 trillion MISSING dollars went from our defense department in 2001? And that's what's being talked about.

I know this sounds ludicrous to some but, we're on Mars. We've been there for a long LONG time. We man missions to Mars. Other planets too probably.

We know about 1% of what's really going on.

NASA is just our babysitter and one must mind their sitter (and pay them too)

I mean really, what the hell are they doing with the ISS? We're supposedly on a joint venture with two of our own former rival enemies?..... for what? To build some Tinker Toy-like laboratory that (according to NASA) might have to be abandoned any time....due to flying space junk/debris?

Really?

NASA is a front. A lie. A farce. As is the ISS.
The ISS is nothing but a floating version of the United Nations and we all know who they are!

What troubles me about the idea of us manning missions to mars and other places under a secret space program is that wouldn't people see the rockets being launched? Surely a space shuttle would be noticed leaving our atmosphere. Another thing that I don't understand is how this would be possible, I'm all open to the idea, but I can't get my head around how they could do this without people in the general public knowing, unless they have some kind of stargate/teleportation technology that they recovered from crashed ET craft that is...

What do you think Human Alien?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Im not being funny, but it was not that long ago that
people would have said you had fanciful thoughts for
even thinking that there could be bacteria life on mars.

If this is true, then its huge news!

I totally agree with you .
However , what I take exception to is wild speculation on the part of certain individuals .
All I advocate is that we keep it real until such time as all the info is released.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Agree!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
OIL/COAL is the biggest Conspiracy and down fall of Mankind

We could have biodegrade plastic like substances from hemp or mushrooms but noone will look into or fund it because its illegal or does not make the oil company's money ..

We could power the WHOLE world by putting Hydro electric generators in the Ocean to capture the momentum of the Waves to create energy .. to hell with damns ... there is constant waves in the ocean... But that would mean they could not bleed us dry for precious substances ...

And tell me this .... WHY has there not been a Motor created for the MASSES that does not use Gasoline in Liquid form ... but uses the VAPORS .... when Gas burns its not so much the liquid BUT the vapors that burn .... YOU know they could and have created a motor of some sort that could blow the vapors to push the pistons up and down.. its a mild explosion that causes a motor to run any way...

I'm sorry for my rant but I'm so pissed off ...The way WE all let these SCUMs of the earth POISON us and ENSLAVE us to make a a somewhat decent living ... While they live like kings..

AND EVERYTHING is curable .. theres always a plant or something that counteracts the problem.... BUT they dont make money off you being cured ...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nameless314

I totally agree with you , but are you sure you replied to the correct thread ?

edit on 13-4-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i think i got the topics mixed up lol sorry

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Let's just hope this holds up to peer-scrutiny!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
there 'HAS' to be life out there.. I mean, where the hell do you think we came from.. EARTH? hah!

I'm fairly sure there's life on Mars... just not on the surface. I mean, on top of the ground there isn't enough elements for life,but under the soil? I'm fairly confident there's cells and bacteria.

We need to send up a remote control car that can drill down a few meters.

The main reason I believe that the ones in charge have wanted to keep it a secret so long, is because once we prove there's life out there it means there's almost a certainty that there's life out there far superior to us.

For the people to grasp the concept that we are, infact, not top of the food chain and can, at any time be enslaved or over run is quite a difficult reality to accept. But for the powers that be? its a game changer. People will not take well to being governed when the people in charge them selves are as meaningless as its people.

So keep that in mind, because the powers that be can only keep the illusion going as long as no one shows up on our doorstep suddenly.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Or keep in mind that they are the ones who CREATED the illusion to begin with -

A population educated with the theory of evolution as FACT and science fiction as their daily food source are equivalent to the countrymen of Hitler who received free radios to ingest his poison, all for the purpose of changing their BELIEFS. The "Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda" used film, radio, posters and newspapers" to indoctrinate his population with beliefs that they didn't once hold.

Jesus said that there was truly nothing new under the sun and that His sheep perished due to lack of knowledge and understanding. The lying signs and wonders are becoming more and more powerful to effect the mind, beliefs.
The western nations have their very own "Ministry of Propaganda" - nearly fully owned by those that call themselves Jews - who DESPISE AND REJECT JESUS CHRIST. They have given you "aliens" - and now are in their final spin of brainwashing the public that not only are these "ETs" your creator, but that they will be your 'saviour". It is so truly tragic that the youngest generation of the western nations cannot fathom that history repeats itself so easily, and that this is being done to them because of WHO they are. Jesus told those who despised Him then "You are not MY sheep"......"I have come for the House of Israel". And if you could understand that those who are NOT His sheep still seek world domination OVER God's Kingdom, then perhaps you could see why the descendants of His Sheep are wandering around believing that aliens exist, that aliens created us and that aliens will be our saviour. This belief and faith came from the media - ENTIRELY.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Dont know if anyone else has already posted this idea , but did anyone else find it highly suspicious that the
russian phobos grunt mission was doomed from launch , when they were supposed to send the probe to phobos for a highly detailed inspection of the moon and its internal structures !
It just so happens that the monolith is on phobos ?

weird coincidence or just nipping it in the bud before it all spills out to the public

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

So more lies from NASA to get funding. I see.

The findings in the OP are not from NASA. Independent researchers did a statistical analysis of publicly available data from the Viking lander and came to the conclusion that it indicated that the previously inconclusive data definitively showed metabolic processes rather than "inorganic" ones. This method has not been proven reliable, however.

For the record, scientists have never said that the experiment in question proved that there was no life on Mars. The results were inconclusive. Many scientists have long had a "gut feeling" that the results were the product of metabolism, and that there is indeed life on Mars. Fortunately, no scientist would publish a paper that concludes: "Therefore, it is my gut feeling that there is life on Mars."

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976, scientists say

www.msnbc.msn.com

New analysis of 36-year-old data, resuscitated from printouts, shows that NASA found life on Mars, an international team of mathematicians and scientists conclude in a paper published this week.

Further, NASA doesn't need a human expedition to Mars to nail down the claim.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4/12/2012 by dbates because: Edited title to reflect article

Hmmm....isn't this sorta like how NASA "goofed" and didn't realize that the moon had a massive amount of water on it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So how long before NASA comment and try to obscure/refute this? 24-48 hours? Tick tock...

It's highly unlikely you'll keep us in the dark for much longer if you're hiding something, NASA.

edit on 13-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

If you are talking about the recent thread here, said 'monolith' is not on Phobos, its on Mars because the supposed source is suggested to be a HIRISE image and it is in orbit around Mars and not Phobos, about 6,000 km (3,700 mi) from the Martian surface way out of the range of HIRISE onboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, between 370–400 kilometres from the surface of Mars.

So no conspiracy there, just Russian cost cutting leading to mechanical and communications failure.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join