It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman's attorneys: 'We've lost contact with Zimmerman'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Good, now that the law is handling it-The rest of you can shut the hell up about it and let the courts decide.
I remember a similar case not to long ago where people were screaming for a lynching and "justice" And Casey Anthony is walking around a free woman today. That is all

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by bknapple32

No.
He dissappeared before this announcement.

Perhaps it leaked to him before the police made this announcement??

Just food for thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It is a shame that the mob mentality will win the day. Zimmerman was judged and sentence in the court of public opinion. No one is realizing the fact that this poor man is living with the guilt of taking a human life which will haunt him forever. I ask all of you what you would do. You shoot a kid because of suspicion. You are very sorry for it. Than that night you are riddled with the guilt of taking that life. Would you show yourself? This man is a dead man walking because of his self exile. However, this country should really be looking at the mob leaders and really putting civil rights violations on them. From NBC news changing the 911 calls to the Al Sharpton’s of the group. The New Black Panther party should be rounded up for putting a bounty. That is for law enforcement to do. I pray this man can forgive himself for this tragic event. May god have mercy on both of this poor souls and what they have been impacted with.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

No.

Just food for thought.

Im sure you can make up something better than that. If you are going to make stuff up at least make it interesting.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

He can not be put in the witness protection program because he is not a witness testifying in a case. The witness protection program is a program run by the US Marshall service to protect informants that come forward against people in federal cases. Plus, wit-pro relocates inside the US. They have no jurisdiction to relocate outside of the country and monitor the person's safety.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
jesus christ flyersfan has been the only person using logic aside from myself and a few others. we don't have all the facts the investigators do. just because it doesn't fit with your agenda doesn't mean zimmerman is lying.

and this whole right wing ATS bs is obsurd and played out. so are statements like "trayvons only crime is walking while black". i live in a black majority city and guess what? they drive and walk without being shot or harassed by police.

get over yourselves and as FF already said, put down the pitchforks and stop jumping to conclusions

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
How is this making news headlines?

If someone puts out a bounty on your head to the tune of $10,000 during tough economic times, you would keep making public appearances?

How many people have been shot down in public? Quite a few...and there are more than enough people out there with nothing to lose right now.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

exactly. we are supposed to try this man because he is guilty as shown by the bounty, at this point how could zimmerman have a fair trial? he has bee found guilty by the msm and public already. the only people that want him to stand trial are the ones who think he is guilty

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

I could not agree more. Trayvon made a mistake also. Everyone is skipping that point. He should have just pulled his hood down and act in a respectful manner. I am sure if he was walking down the street with his hood down and relaxed this might have never occurred. There is a respect factor that is missing in society. I see it every day in schools and neighborhoods. Respect for yourself and for others. If you violate either one it could impact your life. I would recommend that every parent in America sit down with their children and go over that very point. You must respect yourself and others. That requires discipline and courage. It is not just isolated to the Black Americans. All American children from all races, religions and creeds have the issues and it must be addressed at the home with responsible parents.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

The cops were either very incompetent, or Zimmermens dad pulled strings OR their is more evidence that truely proves Zimmerman is totally innocent that we are not seeing.

Or, as the original Public Attorney's office stated, they were investigating the crime and were looking to put together a grand jury. The state stepped in a forced him to quit his investigation and inserted a special prosecutor. The cops recommended the PA look in to as manslaughter and turned it over. They didn't believe they had enough evidence for an immediate arrest, but that there was significant reason to continue an investigation.

The system was actually working actually the way it was supposed to in this case. Martin's parent's were unhappy with how the process works and Florida and complained loud enough to get the MSM and state media involved. That doesn't mean the police or prosecutor wasn't doing the job they are supposed to do. It means two grief stricken parents received special attention because they complained about a process they either didn't understand, or disagreed with.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
He is already the killer, he is not a suspect.

And is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not a court of public opinion. He is in fact a suspect in the death of Martin.

Right now it's a matter of whether he killed in self defense, and we already know that Zimmerman was the one that persued Trayvon,

Actually no we don't know this. We have what the media is reporting however in case you did not notice we have no official confirmation of events from either the police or the PA. We have conflicting witness accounts and we have conflicting analysis of whose voice is heard on the recording calling for help. We have media caught red handed editing those tapes and we have Sharpton and Jackson stoking the flames for no other reason than race.

it's evident from the audio tapes. It's also evident that Trayvon was unarmed and was lawfully minding his own business initially.

Its not evident and to assume it is is problematic. A person does NOT have to be armed with a gun in order for another person to exercise deadly force for protection. We also have information that shows Zimmerman did in fact comply with the 911 dispatcher about not following Martin. We have information that shows Martin confronting Zimmerman.

To expand on your observation Zimmerman was also lawfully minding his own business. Zimmerman was also lawfully in possession of a firearm.

What we dont know is what exactly occurred from the moment of contact between Zimmerman and Martin up to the point the police arrived on scene.

We have Zimmerman claiming he shot in self defense, but in this case Zimmerman needs to prove that his actions were in self defense, and I assure you, he will have to do this sooner or later.

No he does not and he already gave his statement to law enforcement. Since he is being charged its the responsibility of the PA to make her case that Zimmerman's actions were illegal and that there was no justification for Zimmerman's use of deadly force.

As I said in another thread the special PA has a history of aggressive prosecution. Its entirely possible this route is being taken to defuse the situation created by media speculation and civil rights leaders exploiting the incident to push their own personal agendas. I think the charges are being brought in order to appease the community and I think, if true, is a massive issue.

I am curious as to what he is being charged with. That should give us an idea of the level of evidence and how it fits into the story / time line.

We do not, nor have we ever had, the full story detailing all of the facts. There were 911 tapes that were not released to the public. That usually occurs when there is information present that if released could have an impact on the case / investigation / prosecution.

We are now at the wait and see stage., For what its worth, and to use your post as an example (no offense) people are once again using media reports to make their decision on this. We have NOT heard from the PA's office. When they were contacted her office would not comment on anything other than the time of the press conference for today.

The report of charges is coming from, as the media put it, "a senior law enforcement official".

Once again people are taking information and are making a leap of logic with it. Lets wait and see what the PA says and what the charges are (if he is in fact being charged) and go from there.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by pizzanazi75

Actually, if you brought this up then you do need to support what you've said.
Not getting into the mix just sayin...
In the UFO forum its pix or it didnt happen. I guess its the same no matter the topic.
Support your claim.

I didn't bring it up originally. Someone else said he didn't break any rules, I pointed out they were wrong, Zimmerman broke rules. I have posted the link in the original Zimmerman thread. I don't need to repost it in this thread to make it any more true.

I did support my claim. Why don't you tell the person who lied in the first place to support their claim? How can they claim he didn't break neighborhood watch rules when they haven't read the manual, which I did read, and posted for others to share. I did support my claim, they have never supported THEIR claim.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LAKOTAWINS

he should have just pulled his hood down and act in a respectful manner.

Ugh.

Maybe Zimmerman could have simply introduced himself and asked him who he was instead of acting like a paranoid coward. Since he didn't do that, maybe he could have just stayed in his truck and waited for the cops as advised, since Trayvon wasn't actually committing any crime or breaking any laws.

My parents always taught me that you earn respect, it's not automatically given to you. Why should Martin have shown any respect whatsoever to this strange man following him at night?

Zimmerman should have acted like a human being.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

No.

Just food for thought.

Or perhaps, his father (a judge) warned him of what was coming.

Zimm has enough ties in the state that he knew it was on the way.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

And is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not a court of public opinion. He is in fact a suspect in the death of Martin.

Except that he has admitted to killing Tray. He is not a suspect in the killing-he is a suspect in the murder. Big difference.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
Zimmerman should have acted like a human being.

We dont have all of the facts... People are assuming Zimmerman confronted Martin. There is evidence to suggest Martin in fact confronted Zimmerman.

We need to see what he is being charged with (if he is charged at all since people are once again using media speculation of pending charges as fact - even after the PA's office was contacted and responded with nothing but the press conference time).

The charges, if they are coming, will be based on the evidence and how strong that evidence is.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

i believe you are missing the point. flat out he is not being charged with any crimes and therefore is not a suspect in anything as there officially has been no crime committed.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAKOTAWINS
reply to post by Hardstepah

I could not agree more. Trayvon made a mistake also. Everyone is skipping that point. He should have just pulled his hood down and act in a respectful manner. I am sure if he was walking down the street with his hood down and relaxed this might have never occurred. There is a respect factor that is missing in society. I see it every day in schools and neighborhoods. Respect for yourself and for others. If you violate either one it could impact your life. I would recommend that every parent in America sit down with their children and go over that very point. You must respect yourself and others. That requires discipline and courage. It is not just isolated to the Black Americans. All American children from all races, religions and creeds have the issues and it must be addressed at the home with responsible parents.

So his mistake was walking in a place he had every right to be, with a hoody on? And it is his fault that he was not respectful to a disrespectful man?

I make that mistake every day. And will proudly continue to do so.

Blame the victim.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
reply to post by captaintyinknots

i believe you are missing the point. flat out he is not being charged with any crimes and therefore is not a suspect in anything as there officially has been no crime committed.

You sure about that? Might want to read today's headlines.

Also, if they are investigating whether or not it is a murder, which is what they are doing, then yes, he is a suspect in the alleged crime.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

I understand your anger or displeasure. However, Zimmerman had a right to protect his home and neighborhood. Tayvon had a right to walk on the street. Trayvon needed to act in a manner of respect. I may get grief from some folks. How do we know Zimmerman chased him down and shot him. My theory is it was a case of misunderstanding and lack of respect. Trayvon for all we know may have hit Zimmerman in the head with a bottle of "Arizona" ice tea while returning to his truck. Zimmerman stumbling around may have shown he had a gun. Struggled with Trayvon for it and accidently the weapon fired. Ever thought of that? Would you claim self defense then? Zimmerman has to live with this and if I was abeeting man he will never forgive himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join