It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

For the record, I am not trying to flame you personally or anything here. I have quite a few friends and relatives who are Christians, and I like most of them. You are probably a nice guy/gal, and I don't want this whole thing to get between us being friendly with one another.

The program is logic and reason. We used it to make amazing computing devices which fit in our pockets, talk to space and have light speed access to the total knowledge of mankind. We used it to create the internal combustion engine. We used it to create the smallpox vaccine. But somehow, when it comes to biology (full disclosure, I am a professional research biologist) we side with the mythology. It makes no sense to trust and enjoy the fruits of reason and logic in all but one case. The science of genetics and evolutionary biology is the same science which made all of the fancy luxuries described above. Just because it is inconvenient for our emotional comfort to know that we are just another ape, does not mean that it is not so. We are apes. Period.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KringleFantastico

Apes! Apes indeed - That made me laugh truly - Yes I am happy to be an ape
I am not a Christian by the way and like you have Christian friends
I have many interests Astronomy Philosophy Ancient History bla bla - I am an artist a painter and yes I have studied many Mythologies from Celtic to Ancient Egyptian.
I look at Mythology from a different perspective but I wont bore you with that
So ape it is - yes we are but animals agreed

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It's an exersise in futility. One could just as easily say prove there wasn't as one could say prove there was. It's the word of God to those who believe, and meaningless to those who do not believe. It's a matter of faith. I choose to believe.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Since when did some Catholic so-called authority figure, who denies most of Bible to begin with, just come out boldly and say this or that doesn't exist?

It's like an astronomer coming out and saying certain things about astrology doesn't exist, even though what right does this astronomer have to speak about astrology whom he pretty much denies in the first place?

edit on 10-4-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Can't trust anything that comes out of the Vatican or any mystery religion.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Anyone with a brain says Adam and Eve didn't exist.

/news flash

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k
Can't trust anything that comes out of the Vatican

'Cept that sweet, Nazi 'procured' Jewish gold they use to capitalize their various machinations...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is the story I was always told as a young religious child. My family and churches always accepted science. On the other hand, I don't think all religious people are the same. It still has value as an origin story and contains metaphors that were important to the society at the time.

Meanwhile, Adam and Eve could have still existed if the alien intervention theory holds any weight, which I think it does. It was very likely not around the same time period, though.
edit on 10-4-2012 by darkbake because: Added exception for alien intervention theory

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Pell is no different than anyone else who has an opinion incapable of basing it on facts. Pure speculation disconnected from the 'source' and just another mouth wide open spewing air.

Face it, unless you were there at the time of creation you can't speak about facts, let alone a cardinal from the Roman Catholic Church system. He did not get the Mitochondrial memo apparently.

If you want to speak about facts..............we know nothing. History has been hidden and buried beneath layers of linear rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

So why so many believers? Are they all gullible?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

FAITH is a completely different paradigm. It is soul rooted within the true spark of all that is LIFE. Truth can be obtained but don't ask for facts in the human paradigm of science. The truth will be presented in it's time in a manner that will blow away what humans value in their limited search for 3 dimensional facts.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
WOW !!! 10 pages of reading for THAT !! now tell me boys and girls did we learn anything ! What is ATS's quote DENY IGNORANCE !! right ok so.. lets do that ! Not just because SOME dude says something NO MATTER what stature he/she had/has in society today or before DOES NOT mean you have to buy one cent of what they said! THE ONLY way to actually PROVE something is by putting together COLD HARD FACTS !! from ALL sources not just ONE ! and have an open mind and yes I believe religion was and is STILL being man made !! but the truth itself WILL come to light if you just search for it everyday even though i have a hard with it almost every single day! I am still in the lookout and more and more THAT truth witch I HAVE found keeps getting more and more solid every day! The truth is around us more and more as each day passes us bye ! NEED I NOT say his name!

And about the Adam and Eve thing yes I have had ugly thoughts about thr whole incest thing but it HAD to be that way so they could TEACH their kin ! And thier BLOOD was PURE !! = no bad babies ! so yea you could think that it would take some time to get dilluted ! but this is just my personal theory !!

So remember folks even thought you MAY NOT like it you MUST deeply think about ALL angles !! thank you and I do hope this helps even if it is a tiny bit at least for someone !

Peace and love always !

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Of course Adam & Eve didn't actually exist. Think about it... if they were the progenitors of humanity, then their children would have had to procreate with each other, and their progeny would have been inbred, and the children of their children would have been inbred, et cetera.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear CaptainBeno,

LOL. Yes, their are people who call themselves Christians and don't believe in the bible. Now, lets look to science that says that one woman was the mother of all. At a minimum, science currently believes there was an Eve. That is the state of modern genetics. Mr. Pell is no more giving Catholic doctrine than the pedophiles were teaching church doctrine. By the way, I left the Catholic church 40 years ago; but, I do know their dogma.

Mitochondrial eve is not the same as what the bible speaks of.
en.wikipedia.org...
It is not just one woman.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread828581/pg1#pid13871785]]

The actual story is fabricated yes. Yet the concept is right and exact. Adam and Eve in reality, represent the creation of white people. Dig deeper into that bible.
edit on 10-4-2012 by TheBlackManIsGod7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
Adam and Eve in reality, represent the creation of white people.

lol what? Please, do elaborate.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well considering there's two stories about Adam and Eve, I can buy into that. If we all came from Adam and Eve wouldn't are chromosomes be messed up?
Nothing like marrying your sister or brother.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

Is this somehow NEW?????

The Word of God has been attacked since the phrase "Yea hath God said?" was uttered in the garden of Eden thousands of years ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

One would suggest if A & E did not exist, nor did the garden of eden.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by NOTurTypical

One would suggest if A & E did not exist, nor did the garden of eden.

Again, wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.

The attacks are relentless.

edit on 11-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join