It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by NOTurTypical

One would suggest if A & E did not exist, nor did the garden of eden.

Again, wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.

The attacks are relentless.

See now that's dangerous territory because it's not an attack. Saying something didn't exist just saying it didn't exist. I am constantly told by christians that their disagreements with me - and they're rather more than that - are such so a taste of the same medicine should apply.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

The context was attacking the integrity of the Word of God as it's written.

Dude, believe whatever you want to, my point was this is nothing new, not by a long shot.

edit on 11-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Dude, believe whatever you want to, my point was this is nothing new, not by a long shot.

It's not the word of god until god says it is, right in front of me.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Adam and Eve is a metaphore! Adam being Male & Eve female giving humans knowledge in Eden which is Earth. With the relationship of Male and Female produced reproduction for our species. Just like it was stated Jesus could walk on water and fly like a bird. This is the human experience of knowledge at work. With the knowledge of boats and planes. Jesus was just a normal human like all of us but had the eternal positive energy of God to defeat the negative of life which is the whole meaning of our spirit of Mind, Heart & Soul defeating the environment we live in collectively.
Externally all living things externally are Fuel, Heat & Oxygen which is known as the fire triangle. The top support the bottom for direction while the bottom support the top for labour. Every system in the world is formed on this system from Kings, Queens, Presidents, Primeministers, Banks, Bosses and even captains of sporting teams. Internally we are water which forms life and our spirit in life.
If humans discovered a planet like earth containing water which gives us life, With the technology we know have we could send space craft to create another race similar to our own using the basics of life. The Pyramidal structure made by technology to reset humanity.
This is stated by the Star of David with a triangle upwards meaning the age of man and a triangle pointed downwards meaning the age of female and rebirthing of technology. We are all humans operating under the Jewish system.
The Sun is Male with The Earth being Female (Mothernature) giving birth to us all. This is the hardware of the universe while the software is the knowledge of humans through spirit.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Interpretation can be literal, allegorical, or anagogical.

Think about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Leave it to the Aussies to grow a pair of balls and call out a highly religious story

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Archangelelijah

On the right track:

Adam/Atom: negatively charged electrons orbiting positively charged protons.

Note to all: Incidentally, the "first Adam" means the first RACE of man, (think "mankind"), not some lonely guy from ages ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

reply to post by Garfee

That's included in "believe whatever you want."

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Alongside believing in myths as fact? I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Was it okay for Hitler to believe that all non-aryans should be wiped off the planet? To believe that Allah said to kill the infidels? Is it okay to believe that women are inferior? Not only is it wrong to believe in such things, it is also wrong to sit by and let these beliefs infect the entire world.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well that convinced me. A magician comedian who can't tell me what happened 100 years ago, has proven to me the bible is wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Don't forget....to believe in two tablets of stone with ten commandments of how we should live brought down from a burning bush and no proof that they exist today save a story about them.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Cardinal Pell issued the following statement, clarifying a point which he made in the debate:
“On ABC1’s “Q & A” program on Monday night, I tried to make a point about the unique place of the Jewish people in human history as the first to receive the revelation of the one true God, while I was being regularly interrupted and distracted by the chairman. “Why did the Lord choose the Jewish people and lead them to a Promised Land between the greatest military and cultural powers of the era?" www.jwire.com.au...

Atheists are reveling in his comments about Adam & Eve and the probability that humans descended from Neandethals, yet they cannot see that this man is denies truths of scripture. The above comments will go over the heads of atheists and many Catholic and Christians as well, for they are yet more lies that are contained nowhere in scripture. This man preaches another gospel, another Jesus and millions of both atheists and religious accept this man's beliefs as truth and use it as justification to support their own beliefs.When one chooses to build their foundations on lies, one does not love the truth.

" They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."

"God is truth."

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
And?
How many wars has religion started again?

How many lives were taken by Starlin/Pol Pot?

How many lives has religion claimed in the name of God?

How many lives are taken on a daily basis by athiests around the world,how many sell drugs,murder or break and enter or bash or rape etc etc.

How many of those were Christian on a daily basis?

I`m pretty sure this world is as screwed up as it is because of unbelief.

But hey just another bashing thread which is allowed to continue,so I guess this must be good for ATS.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Not sure what the connection to Stalin/polpot is there- oh actually yup I know it is that idiotic belief religious nutjobs have that their atheism caused them to kill people. Which is pretty stupid when you consider that atheism has no belief systems other than questioning the validity of religion. The continued stupidity by religious fools never fails to astound me. If you can find an atheist text anywhere that dictates how atheists should live their lives and demands the murder of anyone who disagrees I would be interested to see it. Religious text on the other hand is generally full of murderous intent.

Anyway pell is an idiot and like all religious idiots continues to cherry pick the bits he wants out of religion and disregard the bits that doesn't garner him support. I am disappointed that Dawkins even bothered with him and his cheap win antics.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Is this somehow NEW?????

The Word of God has been attacked since the phrase "Yea hath God said?" was uttered in the garden of Eden thousands of years ago.

You're absolutely right. People challenging religious claims is nothing new at all. Just like the people making the religious claims without any legitimate proof is nothing new either

Originally posted by korathin
This is how atheism became acceptable in civilized society. Atheist psychopaths and sociopaths, infiltrated Religious and Political positions to ever so slightly steer society away from theism.

"Atheist psychopaths and sociopaths."...
You sir are a philistine if you honestly believe that atheists are psychopaths and sociopaths. I'm not an atheist myself, nor am I religious either, but I personally know many atheists who are very respectable and civilized people. As a matter of fact, I have met many atheists who could be deemed more respectable and civilized than religious people. Sure, Christians may seem civilized now, but go back 500+ years and see just how "civilized" these people were

edit on 11-4-2012 by Xaphan because: Formatting problem.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Well, according to the Bible, that day is coming.

Until that time, the Bible says we're supposed to have faith. The Bible also says that most won't believe or have faith until then, which should't surprise us since Jesus himself walked the face of the earth with people, performed miracles in front of them, saw Jesus' prophecies come true and yet most still wouldn't believe Him and rejected Him. So, why would we expect anything different now?

When Jesus returns, he'll be separating the "sheep from the goats" (believers from the non-believers). Now it's up to you to determine for yourself what happens from there through your own conclusions. I can only recommend that you read:

Matthew 25:31-46 (Yes, Jesus speaks in parables here and the people don't understand)

www.biblegateway.com...

So, according to verse 46, what is the path to righteousness?

Romans 3:21-28

www.biblegateway.com...:21-28&version=KJV

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by izero
Not sure what the connection to Stalin/polpot is there- oh actually yup I know it is that idiotic belief religious nutjobs have that their atheism caused them to kill people.

It wasn`t because they were Christian was it.

Which is pretty stupid when you consider that atheism has no belief systems other than questioning the validity of religion.

Heck and all along I thought atheism just meant no belief,now its questioning religion according to you?

The continued stupidity by religious fools never fails to astound me. If you can find an atheist text anywhere that dictates how atheists should live their lives and demands the murder of anyone who disagrees I would be interested to see it. Religious text on the other hand is generally full of murderous intent.

Can you find me please where Jesus said kill whoever disagree`s or anyone else for that matter?

Thoughout that load of vomit,not once did you insult atheists who commit heinous crimes against others.Nope not a nut job athiest in sight.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
reply to post by Archangelelijah

On the right track:

Adam/Atom: negatively charged electrons orbiting positively charged protons.

Note to all: Incidentally, the "first Adam" means the first RACE of man, (think "mankind"), not some lonely guy from ages ago.

Have you read the whole thread? There's a reason that Adam's genealogy list makes up an entire chapter of the Bible. Look up Genesis 5. If you want to call all of Adam's descendants "Adam", fine, but at least take a look at all of the names of the people who came after him to make up that "first race". They are all listed by name.

Genesis 5:

www.biblegateway.com...

Once again, I'll point out the importance of this list. It shows the path in which Jesus was born. That's why it only lists the descendants of Adam through his son Seth, even though Adam had other sons and daughters. That's why this particular list is so important and why it's listed in the Bible. It all leads to Jesus.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

This is the thing about Christianity that has always boggled my mind. WHY would an omniscient entity care if people believed in it? Think about it. Shouldn't a persons actions and intentions be the only things that matter? As long as a person doesn't go around murdering, stealing, raping, child molesting and animal torturing, why would this entity care whether they 'believed' or not? If anything, I would consider that entity arrogant and conceited. It's like Bette Midler inviting somebody over to her house, but stopping them when they get to the door and saying "Wait, you may not come in unless you think I'm the best singer that has ever existed."

Honestly, I'm not trying to insult Christianity or any other religion. But I just can't wrap my head around reading a book and blindly believing everything it says without logically pondering it first.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join