It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Tour In America & It's A Police State. No Doubt About It.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
This thread really brought out the Government drones. They did a Gov Swarm all over it. That indicates that they do not want you to think along these lines of thought.

Do not think about America becoming a Police State, It upsets the Government!

Lol

P

I am also very concerned about our eroding liberties. But, saying that we are living in a police state or that we are becoming a police state is ridiculous. We aren't even close. We suffer some inconveniences in our daily lives, and we must be vigilant, but if you think this is a police state, you have no idea what governments can do to their citizens.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks we are close to a police state has never been to a police state. Being inconvenienced by having to pass through security to go some place is a far cry from being arrested for saying something that could be a seen as negative against the state. In fact if you really thought you were in police state you would never dare to make a post like this and in fact this place would not exist. Hyperbole created by using terms like Amerika, or facist, or police state just take away any legit complaint people might have.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I think the reason DC's crime rate is so high is because of the number of politicians and lobbyists congregated there. Satan has to assign a myriad of demons to influence these people to bring about his desires. When the politicians and lobbyists sleep the demons, having nothing to do, go muck with the locals.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You must be the so called disinfo agent. I feel sorry for your #y ass cause ur goin down

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I just got back from New York City. My family and I went to the Wall Street Bull at night, and had our picture taken with it. We touched it with no problems. Yes, there was a police officer there, and yes it did have part of it blocked off, and I think this was because they don't want people climbing on it. My wife got her picture taken with it about a year ago and she was sitting on top of it....

We also saw the Statue of Liberty. It took about an hour to get there. We had to wait in a long line for the ferry. We also had to go through one security check point. It was not a big deal.

We visited the World Trade Center memorial area as well. We had to go through one security check point, again not a big deal. We had to show our tickets 3 different times as well. Again, no big deal.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Anyone who thinks we are close to a police state has never been to a police state. Being inconvenienced by having to pass through security to go some place is a far cry from being arrested for saying something that could be a seen as negative against the state. In fact if you really thought you were in police state you would never dare to make a post like this and in fact this place would not exist. Hyperbole created by using terms like Amerika, or facist, or police state just take away any legit complaint people might have.

There are enough "executive orders" in place to give Hitler a wet dream. Just one emergency away ...

And calling the ignoring of the 4th amendment an "inconvenience" that's just necessary to protect us from the "terrorist" just takes away any legit argument you have about "move along, nothing to see here ..."

edit on 10-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
LOL @the OP

Huh? it take hours does it?? well of course it does.. its abusy tourist attraction, in a city with over what 10 million people? its EXACTLY the same anywhere else in the western world,

Yeah he has no experience with which to compare before to now ...

He also cannot tell the difference between a busy tourist attraction before to a busy tourist attraction with tons of security there and what kind of difference that makes in how long it takes to get in ...

Obviously he can't possibly know what he is talking about since he has been a tour guide for a long time and going to these places all the time ...

/sarcasm

think much? ... or ... troll a lot?

Oh for the love of god,

Come on then.. you tell me why there IS NOT a need for security and what you think the security is really for ?

Is it to spy on you ?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

I have a better idea ... you tell me why now we have more security than ever ...

9/11?

The terrorist really hate us because of our freedoms?

Why don't they just wait ... given enough time and apathy our government will take those away ...

Then maybe the terrorist won't hate us anymore ...

edit: you do realize there are people everywhere that want to kill you ... that soccer mom with her 6 year old daughter ... maybe that grandma over there in that wheel chair ... and let's not forget the brown people ... who's paranoid now?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
reply to post by Domo1

I hope you're joking.

I hoe YOU'RE joking. Ever lived in North Korea? Soviet Russia? the list goes on

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am Canadian. And this really bothers me, although I know its minor.

You know those RIDE programs where they are supposedly checking for drunk drivers. It bothers me that they try to force me to listen to someone from MADD say something (I don't know what as I always request that those people stay away from my car). Then the police officer always visually inspects my car while he holds me there. I never drink so there is no reason to hold me period. Then they always ask where I am coming from and where I am going. I always reply "I am coming from back there" and "I am going thataway". They always want to know where I have been (coming home from work) and where i am going. I always refuse to answer. They always get mad and I always respond that they are going way beyond the purposes of the RIDE program and under what authority are they do so.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I have a better idea ... you tell me why now we have more security than ever ...

9/11?

The terrorist really hate us because of our freedoms?

Why don't they just wait ... given enough time and apathy our government will take those away ...

Then maybe the terrorist won't hate us anymore ...

Why are there more cars than ever?

Why are there more people than ever?

Why is our technology better than ever?

Why are you ignoring the obvious?

Are you really that delusional & ignorant

Please answer my question..., i asked first, why would you like less security? how much is to much for you, for instance... would you be happy if you only ever see a police car once a month? would you like to walk into busy tourist attractions with absolutely NO authority or clear signs of management or supervision? seriously where do we balance this to make YOU happy,

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

We don't have enough security to keep us perfectly safe IMO. I don't know you and you may pose a threat. Since pat downs and body scanners can't detect a bomb in your rectum I think you should submit to rectal exams before entering any stadium, mall, concert, airplane, or whatever ... BECAUSE YOU MAY HAVE A BOMB IN YOUR RECTUM ....

Your loss of privacy and inconvenience from such an exam is consequential compared to our safety so get over it!

... or would you draw the line at rectal exams?

How many people would have to die at the hands of "butt bomb terrorist" before you will submit and give up your selfish ways?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by MRuss

Stop whining.That's all I'm getting from your post.It's not that big of a deal to me.There is a reason why there's so much security.It is not 1920 anymore.The world has changed and so has America.Really,if you don't like it either do one of two things.Find another job or move to another country.Also,do you really expect security not to be tight in our nations capital?REALLY?
edit on 10-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Really? It's this mindset that will cook the whole of us....
edit on 10-4-2012 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

LOL @the OP

Huh? it take hours does it?? well of course it does.. its abusy tourist attraction, in a city with over what 10 million people? its EXACTLY the same anywhere else in the western world,

Yeah he has no experience with which to compare before to now ...

He also cannot tell the difference between a busy tourist attraction before to a busy tourist attraction with tons of security there and what kind of difference that makes in how long it takes to get in ...

Obviously he can't possibly know what he is talking about since he has been a tour guide for a long time and going to these places all the time ...

/sarcasm

think much? ... or ... troll a lot?

Oh for the love of god,

Come on then.. you tell me why there IS NOT a need for security and what you think the security is really for ?

Is it to spy on you ?

SHILL ALERT ?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Its right around the corner. Its trending. I lived in S Korea in the late 80s durring their first democratic elections and it was nothing near as draconian as we are seeing now in America. This is going somewhere fast.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

And do you know why?????? It's because SO many of you here who now bitch about this "police state" raised your jingoistic flag after 9/11 and supported the Patriot Act. You did your little Patriotic "get the Muslim's" dance. You are that group about whom Franklin spoke that do not deserve freedom because you are so willing to give it up.

You are uneducated, ill informed and, quite frankly, stupid. You have done this to yourself. Bin Laden won thanks to you. YOU have created this Police State. The world laughs at you and marginalizes America as we speak.

Fools all.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I'm a tour director.

Change careers if it's that big of a deal to you. Saying America is a police state is ridiculous and insulting to anyone who has ever had to live in such a horrible situation.

Saying America isn't a police state and siding with a government that is systematically eroding the Bill of Rights is insulting to Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

You're either blind, secluded, or delirious if you think we're not living in "such a horrible situation".

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Today we were touring Wall Street and you can't even walk up to the bull anymore and rub him for good luck. It's cordoned off and a policeman sits there all day in his police car two feet away to make sure no one hops the fence and touches the bull.

The police presence is due to the Occupy movement as there were threats of vandalism made towards the sculpture. I am usually down in that area once a week and you can still get your picture taken (as was previosuly mentioned) if you ask.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My idea is to vote the jack-wagons out.

If the people's vote actually mattered.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Gator

I am also very concerned about our eroding liberties. But, saying that we are living in a police state or that we are becoming a police state is ridiculous. We aren't even close. We suffer some inconveniences in our daily lives, and we must be vigilant, but if you think this is a police state, you have no idea what governments can do to their citizens.

I was raised up in "totalitarian state" ... what is going on in Europe now (personal experience) and in USA (mediated experience) is far more oppressive that I could imagine under Bolsheviks reign. Those "inconveniences" were NO NO even for Bolsheviks - at least at 70.-80. ... for sure at 50. it was other story.

Oh, there was something similar in 50. in USA ... ask McCarthy

edit on 10-4-2012 by JanAmosComenius because: to add McAss

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join