It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Tour In America & It's A Police State. No Doubt About It.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by MRuss

The US can potentially be the worst police state.. but it is not quite there yet. Other countries are worse

Not quite, eh? Others are worse, eh?

Yeah. In some countries little girls have their genitalia mutilated, wives can be stoned to death for cheating, water and electrical supplies can be cut off by the government at whim, and entire populations are turned against one another in bloody massacres based on ethnicity.

Here in the US we have DUI checkpoints and TSA pat downs. We're not quite there with the other bad countries, but we sure are close, amiright?

closer than we were before the pat downs and dui check points AMIRITE...
you heard how to cook a live frog right??? you are falling for it hook line and sinker bucko.

we are totally fine now and I am no OMG POLICE STATE kinda of person but it starts somehwere.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The sacrifice of liberty for security is disgusting. Pure fear mongering. 9-11 was indeed a tragedy; However, if the population of the United States was made aware of an enemy of this nature, we may have been on our guard. I've been to Afghanistan, IED's were constructed using the bare minimum of equipment. If the United State's populace was truly underattack I believe we would know it. The structure of the United State's government is underattack, which in my opinion no longer speaks for the populace of the United State's. When economic collapse ensues because our government has failed us, a police state will be deemed necessary because of the chaos that will follow. Seperation of the masses by racism, social class and weakminded political bickering are methods of manipulation and social control. The foundation of what's to come is being structured. I'm a 23 year Marine Corps veteran of the War in Afghanistan and I completely understand the concept of The Decleration of Indpendence.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The extra security measures for terrorism...umm...well that happened in Northern Ireland during the 1970's and through the 80's and 90's. The military would go onto buses and check handbags and confiscate plastic toy guns from kids (obvious water pistols) etc..many of the military also abused their power and acted more like terrorists than protectors as always happens.... there were military checkpoints everywhere which slowed people down and humiliated them with continual stop and search routines. The people in that part of the country had a sh17 life, due to bombs going off, continual bomb scares and on top of that a police state to protect them.
However there were also bombings and terrorist attacks on mainland Britain, yet no martial law? this was during the same 30 year period. The main explanation for this was there had to be a military presence in Northern Ireland to keep the Republicans from attacking the Unionists..and having an all out civil war. As there were no risk of a civil war on mainland Britain, there was no police state there. So terrorist attacks do not provoke a police state ..only the risk of civil war brings a police state into existence for legitimate reasons. however if the UK had not held onto N.I. for so long as a territory, there would have been no real problems to begin with.
If The USA is gradually rolling out a police state, which seems to be the case, then it cannot be justified as a protection against terrorism. Also as the American public are unaware of most of this obvious stuff, they are willing to roll over. And if another " terror attack" weather its a genuine terrorist or a false flag, it will give the final ammunition for the government to push through martial law.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by poloblack

USA has issues but it isn't really a police state, sure it could be eventually but it isn't there yet. North Korea is a police state, USA is nothing like it. If it were, all of us on here would be sent to a labor camp already.

Now the 5th time I had to rewrite this due to a broken keyboard backspacing on me =P. long post short. I tend to agree with this statement. I have not seen police or security ask for papers yet or detain people in prison camps. I am concerned that it may be heading this way due to the recent reports of bullet proof checkpoint boxes and millions of rounds of ammunition being purchased by the DHS. It just seems like they are planning for something.

theintelhub.com... Mentions the bullet resistant booths.

theintelhub.com... mentions the .40 cal amo purchases (Note this is only the .40 cal purchases. DHS is also buying .556, 9mm, and .45 cal.)

Perhaps if it were a police state then they would be using more subtle means.

Originally posted by poloblack
reply to post by nightstalker78

Security? Give me a break. If they were so concerned about ''security'' in the nation's capitol, why the hell does D.C. have one of the highest crime rates in America? You really believe these people are concerned about your security? And who are you to tell someone that they need to move to another country because they disagree with a growing police state? Unbelievable!!

You do make a point. It seems to me that the police state security is centered around major areas that are critical to running the government. In the area that I live it is different. Sure you see some of the camera's on traffic lights but there is very little police presence besides the occasional patrol car. I am not saying that they don't care about us (although the argument could be made that they really don't) But that they are pooling resources around critical infrastructure instead of protecting common people.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
As a native New Yorker I can attest to the oddity and discomfort of those intrusive security measures that have been plaguing the country since the start of the millennium. These go hand in hand together with illegal immigration, political correctness, multiculturalism, the war on the middle class, and all the other ills that the country is subjected to. Not a police state? Considering the trend of the times and the regression of social and personal freeedoms, such a reality is already at it's infancy.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by poloblack

So they should cut back? I think DC would be even more of a cesspool. People aren't getting searched for randomly walking down the street or driving. Well I guess some are, and that I have a problem with. Submitting to a security check at places that attract so many tourists makes sense to me. You don't need to go there.

oh dude your so far gone you wont see anything until your in a FEMA camp, honestly

learn some history Domo1 as your an embarrassment to your founding fathers

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
out of the dozens of encounters ive had with the police, i've only had one negative experience. it was partially my fault though, i locked myself out of my house and didn't find out until i got home from school.

long story short i went through my bed room window and some paranoid passerby phoned the police. within a few minutes there was a knock at the door and a dark skinned man was peeking through my front doors window and announced he was the police, so i opened the door for him and walked outside.

immediately his partner came around the corner, gun drawn with his finger on the trigger - he then stumbled over his foot and almost dropped the gun. it was like a hot potato, scariest moment of my life. they verified i lived there, apologized and left.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join