It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Tour In America & It's A Police State. No Doubt About It.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+150 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm a tour director.

I'm in DC, and New York and Boston a lot, and I do tours in Canada and the rest of the world, too. The past two weeks I've been on the road non-stop, primarily in New York and DC.

I've spent a majority of the time going through security checkpoints. At every attraction our bags are checked, we go through body scanners, we take off our shoes, our coats. You know the drill. Today alone I've been through six scanners. There are policemen everywhere. Eleven years after 9/11, I'm led to believe that terrorists are going to attack the bull on Wall Street?

Today we were touring Wall Street and you can't even walk up to the bull anymore and rub him for good luck. It's cordoned off and a policeman sits there all day in his police car two feet away to make sure no one hops the fence and touches the bull. Seriously? Even the bull----? Has someone made a terrorist threat against the bull? We've been walking by that bull on tour for a dozen years, but alas, it's been off limits for months now. It looks ridiculous behind its steel fences, like a bull in a zoo.

DC isn't any better----it's worse... and the truth is, there is no terrorist hiding behind the Jefferson Memorial or the Wall Street bull. TPTB are hoping to make life more difficult, more restricted. All under the guise of terrorism.

It takes hours to get in and see the new 9/11 memorial fountains. It takes hours to see the Statue of Liberty. It takes hours to see the Capitol, hours to see the archives, hours to get through security just about everywhere. It's the new normal. No one questions it. Most people think they are just doing their patriotic duty.

Out on the road so much, I really have a sense of what is happening to this country and how it plays out in everyday life.

So.....I'd love all of the people who are waiting for the aliens or the White Dragons or the Pentagon to come and save us to let me know when this might happen. Because everyday it gets worse and worse out here.

Everyday we look a little less like America and more like Amerika.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
No problems out here in West Texas. People seem to do what they want, when they want.

I've been pulled over a couple times here and the cops are reasonable and fair when they could have really nailed me (may just be because I'm white though).

My advice: Get out of places like DC, NY, LA, SF, etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Stop whining.That's all I'm getting from your post.It's not that big of a deal to me.There is a reason why there's so much security.It is not 1920 anymore.The world has changed and so has America.Really,if you don't like it either do one of two things.Find another job or move to another country.Also,do you really expect security not to be tight in our nations capital?REALLY?
edit on 10-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I'm a tour director.

Change careers if it's that big of a deal to you. Saying America is a police state is ridiculous and insulting to anyone who has ever had to live in such a horrible situation.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Solutions?

How do we fix it?

We can all agree that thnigs suck, but until we can come up with honest-to-god solutions, it won't change.

My idea is to vote the jack-wagons out. The ones who create these policies.
At the local and state level it'd be much easier to do than at the federal level.

Find someone who is running for office that is as tired of it as you are and help them win.

edit on 10-4-2012 by beezzer because: sp

+74 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Five things more dangerous than TERRORISTS

Auto Accidents: A quick check shows deaths by terrorist over 9 years 4,300 = 478; deaths by drunk drivers each year 10,000 = 20 times more likely to be killed by a drunk driver then a terrorist.

Fatal Hospital Mistake Deaths: There are over 100,000 deaths each year from hospital mistakes, wrong medication and mismanaged care. A quick check shows you are = 209 times more likely to be killed by a hospital than by a terrorist.

Fatal Occupational Accidents: This group includes construction, mining, manufacturing, agriculture, forestry, fishing, etc., and the average is about 5,700 per year. Quick check here = you are 11 times more likely to be killed in an occupational accident than by a terrorists.

We could save alot more lives if we focused on these things - but taking away freedom by scaring the Sh^& out of people is so much more fun.

thejcrevelator2.hubpages.com...
www.theinsider.org...
www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 10-4-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I think the point is that security can be tight, sure, but there's a level of security that you just have to think is ludicrous. Perhaps the fact that you don't is a sign that they're getting exactly what they want from the constant reminders of "all you should be afraid of."

In a few years, when someone notices, they can then give a little ground... Say the situation has improved, and dial security back to draconian.

+125 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Security? Give me a break. If they were so concerned about ''security'' in the nation's capitol, why the hell does D.C. have one of the highest crime rates in America? You really believe these people are concerned about your security? And who are you to tell someone that they need to move to another country because they disagree with a growing police state? Unbelievable!!

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Sounds about right. 9/11 almost cuts my life in half. I've lived just about as long before 9/11 as I have after. (Still alive. lol Weird wording right?) I remember America before all this security came into being. It has spread to all sectors of society. My grades was one of the last to graduate with some semblance or normalcy, yet. We had overzealous rules, and no-child-left-behind, but nobody enforced them unless you were the "bad" kids. I remember getting detention only one time and it was because I was late one too many days my senior year. My only time ever getting detention, my computer lab teacher came in to supervise us and he came right over to me asking what I did. He instantly let me leave and told me to go see my hot girlfriend for him. lol Now, I doubt anyone is allowed to think for themselves. My school now has a strict dress code, good bye individuality, and the school is run like a prison. No one is allowed in the halls, ever. Only between periods are three minutes in the hall allowed. In 9th, you can't leave unless you have a signed pass from a teacher, where all I had to do was ask my homeroom teacher to leave and he was the one who decided if we were responsible enough. The football games are totally neutered as well. Cops patrol the area now. Pathetic, especially since we are a low crime area and a fairly affluent sleepy rurally-ish area. We aren't DC or Baltimore or Atlanta, ok. lol It seems only natural for "paranoia" of the state to invade our schools since our schools are the machines of indoctrinating children into the system.

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I hope you're joking.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It is becoming more of a police state everyday.

Had you blamed it on Obama..dumb and dumber would have agreed with you.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Not at all. I can go out whenever I want. I go shooting whenever I want, I can say what I want. I don't feel like I'm living in a police state. There are problems, sure. Saying America is a police state is like whining about a hangnail to an amputee.

+65 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Well, there you have it: "Oh, you big baby. Waahh, waahh, waahh. Get over it." That's the sound of the fearful gladly giving up their rights and welcoming the police state. And believe me, there are a lot of people who welcome it. Maybe in a few years they'll change their tune. But for now--well, STFU, you big baby....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

why the hell does D.C. have one of the highest crime rates in America?

Good question. Sort of makes sense there is a large police presence though.

+40 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well, looks like that police presence isn't doing SQUAT, sport.

+60 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
reply to post by Domo1

Well, looks like that police presence isn't doing SQUAT, sport.

Sure they are..they are harassing law abiding citizens.

And pot smokers.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Maybe has something to do with the occupy movements, one place they were messing with was Wall Street. I know that the bull was not guarded a year ago because my brother took a picture with it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Security? Give me a break. If they were so concerned about ''security'' in the nation's capitol, why the hell does D.C. have one of the highest crime rates in America? You really believe these people are concerned about your security? And who are you to tell someone that they need to move to another country because they disagree with a growing police state? Unbelievable!!

I don't live in D.C. so I don't care.D.C. has been a ghetto for a long time.And it probably always will be.Don't take what I said out of context.He was rambling on about the national archives and the lincoln memorial.That's all I was talking about.Don't forget the white house.

You and the op think this is a police state?Go live somwhere else for a few years.Seriously.Do it.You're bitching about America..go live in say...somewhere in the middle east.Do it.You won't.You know why? Because you'd rather just bitch on a website about how terrible the US is.But neither of you have the balls to change it.Or to go live somewhere else and realize how good you have it here.
edit on 10-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: spelling :x

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

So they should cut back? I think DC would be even more of a cesspool. People aren't getting searched for randomly walking down the street or driving. Well I guess some are, and that I have a problem with. Submitting to a security check at places that attract so many tourists makes sense to me. You don't need to go there.

+49 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Thank you for your inside perspective, and please, pay no attention to the hillbillies since they won't be getting on board until they come for the guns. We have swapped places with the Russians, as they enjoy freedom and a booming economy we are putting up walls and surveillance cameras.
This sucks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join