It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Tour In America & It's A Police State. No Doubt About It.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cdaddy1034

And I applaud you, sir, for daring to not drink the Oh Noes! kool-aid.

Moving through security because they have a job to do and you have a place to be? Now there's a novel idea

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
So if your rights are being pissed away a little more everyday, if there were no more terrorists any more would security go back to pre 9/11 ?

Im off to CA next week from the UK, its going to be a real treat so see what they have done with your tax money.

Im far more scarred of being stabbed for my wallet by an American than blown up my a terrorist attack, because you know, i understand statistics.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

The point that I have been trying to make, is that our rights really aren't being "pissed away"

You only have to go through a little more security at SOME places than before. It's not like they are hearding us in cattle pens and injecting microchips behind our ears or anything.

As long as you aren't doing anything wrong, and you are doing what they ask everything will go smooth, just make sure you know what's up and you will be fine.

ETA: Also I wouldn't want security to go back to pre 9/11, it was lax enough to allow something like that to happen. I am perfectly happy with taking another 10-15 minutes to get through security somewhere, than there being ANY kind of chance that somebody would be able to do something.

Additionally, terrorism will never be fully removed from the equation. A terrorist by definition can be anyone that is using fear to prove a point or advocate an ideology.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Cdaddy1034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
In 11 years:

How many terrorists have the TSA stopped?

How many police blockades have found weapons (on terrorists, not Americans with concealed carry)?

How many bombs have been found anywhere?

How much has been spent in 11 years?

How much do you enjoy having your junk cupped a few times a day?
-
If you look into these you will realise that the police state is real, costing you a fortune and to make it all worse hasnt actually stopped any attacks or unearthed any terrorists, yet every year more is spent on tighter restrictions - why, clearly what was there before worked great as a deterrent?

Worth it? do you really feel any safer? Not even allowed to walk up to and see parts of your own country and heritage?

edit on 12-4-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cdaddy1034
You only have to go through a little more security at SOME places than before. It's not like they are hearding us in cattle pens and injecting microchips behind our ears or anything.

No! Don't you understand? Your rights ARE being pissed away!

Never mind that it only happens at certain places. That are huge tourist spots. That are obvious targets for terrorist attacks. That you absolutely must volunteer to go see.

They are still our civil liberties! It's still our right! We absolutely must be able to bumble along every square inch of this great land doing whatever we'd like to do, and if a cop dares stop us in the process, it's because our Precious Rights are being eroded!

Thomas Jefferson said so. Is what I'm saying. Because I understand constitutional law. Because I'm a patriot.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

In 11 years, how many terrorist attacks have succeeded?

See, I can do it too

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

Well if there hasnt been an attack 5 years after 9/11, wouldn't you also say that it was enough already and not spend a further 6 years making even more intrusive, restrictive and costly?

most recently in the past 2-3 years USA has seen HUGE increases. When DOES it stop?

When everyones a policeman, TSA or government employee? Is that enough?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

You see, once again you are applying an ambiguous term... terrorist. Are you talking a middle eastern Muslim who is using fear and violence to advocate his ideology. Or are you talking about anyone in general who has nefarious intent?

To me, it doesn't matter how many it has stopped. If it has stopped one, it's worth it to me. FAR more worth it, than being on the other side of the world bullying third world countries in the name of domestic security.

I don't see my rights being pissed away at all. I can still do whatever I want when I want it on any given day. If I make the decision to travel, then I also understand and I am prepared for the fact that I am going to be put through some scrutiny. Sure it's a bit of a drag, but if it makes me safer, and it prevents even 1 act of terrorism either domestic or international then i feel it is money and time well spent.

Don't construe my statements to be advocating things like SOPAA and PIPA etc... I am against those as much as the next person who loves the freedom to get their information from wherever they like.

I have not seen any direct infringements on my right to do what I want when I want, I only see that there are a few more requirements than there used to be. I am adult enough to understand that as times change so will laws and procedures. Nothing is perfect from it's inception.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

What huge increases?

I fly regularly and have seen none of these huge increases. In fact, I can now take my lighters on board.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

thus leading us into a police state duh!!!

I wasn't disagreeing with you champ. I was adding to your comment. It is called sarcasm.

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Also I want to add, that in my travels, Amsterdam, and Germany both have more strict security protocols to come into their country than I experience at home.

I was asked all sorts of questions by customs in Amsterdam before I got on the plane.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

S & F

I've spent a majority of the time going through security checkpoints. At every attraction our bags are checked, we go through body scanners, we take off our shoes, our coats. You know the drill. Today alone I've been through six scanners. There are policemen everywhere.

Not enough people read Naomi Wolf's two books, "The End of America" and "Give Me Liberty" a few years back when I suggested it.

All the signs were there then, and it's only getting worse year by year, decade by decade.

This isn't even the same country it was 30 years ago.

Next I predict TPTB will disarm the civilian population............working up to that right now, almost complete and if you do not comply you will either be shipped off to a FEMA Camp, a prison (cheap/slave labor gulag) or worse.

The train is a coming............and the sheep are all standing around compliantly waiting.

The fire in the belly our great great great grandfathers had has long been extinguished by the fluoride in our water, the chem trails in our air and the chemicals injected into our food chain, to numb, dumb and calm us down.

TV and other "distractions", just trying to survive economically paycheck to paycheck has also been employed to keep us so busy we haven't had the time or energy to see the storm that's coming...............and it's going to be a hurricane when it hits.

And darn, I can't remember where I had my friend store my gun and she can't remember where I stored hers - just in case we're "questioned".

edit on 12-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

yeah i just moved to a new location here in FL very nice community
but the police are very active driving by in the early mornings (2am-4am) shining the lights in peoples house .
i had a small farm at one point ended up losing it and moved ... brought sum of my plants got them around the yard and sum in the garage undera light and fan ...now every morning when i wake up to take out my trash ..my garbage is missing from the can wtf ...
i started to think someones suspecting me of growing pot or sumthen lol .. now there stealin my garbage to find evidence....... lmao well im not goin to say the police are stealing my garbage but sum one definitly is ...
also people dont care about others any more i mean good luck getting a hello back from anyone under the age of 29 here in Fl every ones scared of every one unless it means bussiness , free drinks , or free any thing .. theres a good portion of floridians that just make me sick

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cdaddy1034

Do you believe the official US Government story concerning 911?

After bombing the heck out of the Middle East for the last decade, they should be good and mad at us by now.

But September 1, 2001 - was arranged, bought and paid for and allowed to happen in order to manipulate the population into yet another war................follow the money.

Do the research.

Take the red pill, wake up.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

Oh. You can't. Right, then.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Read Naomi Wolf's 2 books I mentioned.

Read 1984.

Each year more of our freedoms are being stripped away in various wars.

No, I've done my research and by your saying "prove it".............it is right in front of your face and smack under your nose.

I've done my research.

By your response you have not read upwards of 100 books on our social/political state in America.

You are watched, filmed, monitored, evaluated from the moment you walk out your front door to the moment you enter your home............if you are on a "list" you may be even monitored within your home.

I'm not going to spoon feed you.

The proof is everywhere, you just cannot handle the truth.

Like a lamb being led to slaughter.

Talk by Naomi Wolf author of "The End of America: Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot" given October 11, 2007 at Kane Hall on the University of Washington campus.

Welcome to Amerika! Exactly when did she become a police state?
"We don't need any grounds. We're the United States" Watch this experience, at the border, by two Canadian citizens coming to the US to go shopping. While millions pour across the Mexican border ILLEGALLY, Canadians must beware of attempting to LEGALLY go shopping in the US.
Should tourists go to jail for not bowing to arrogant border guards? Why would anyone want to come to spend money in the United States? Oh well, the economy is so good that maybe Niagara Falls is too prosperous to need the money.

Should we you feel safer now that we know how well we are being protected from Canadian terrorists who travel with their wives? But who will protect us from our protectors? People who are not citizens also have the "unalienable" rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Arrest means to stop or detain. If you are not free to go, then you are under arrest. The act of the taking of car keys accomplishes detention. Exactly what had this Canadian couple done BEFORE the storm trooper made a DE FACTO ARREST, by demanding their keys?

Of course, any innocent person will be upset, when they are unlawfully arrested. An emotional response is predictable, and it is inconceivable that the storm troopers would not be aware of this. That emotional response was then used to justify the arrest.

Naomi Wolf arrested for protesting, a direct disregard for our 1st Amendment.

The last time I went to Canada, (honeymoon)...............They did not pull this on us, they said "Why are you coming to Canada?" and we said, "We are on our honeymoon."

The guard smiled and said, "Have a enjoyable time and welcome to Canada."..................that was 38 years ago.

Again, you cannot handle the truth, you have not done the research and expect me to "prove it, prove it, prove it."

That is trolling and added nothing to the discussion.

You are blind and I'm simply trying to warn you...........watch your back and yet you attack me.

I have been to several protests in my life.

With the Vietnam War Protest, I was in the front row. There were a line of a lot (many) policemen, in battle formation with big guns at their side, shields, helmets and hitting their clubs against their shields.

None of us were armed or dangerous looking.

Google Kent State, Wako, OWS...............research 911 (False flag in order to take more of our freedoms away).

OWS, Where I was at, the police were polite, we all looked like older, middle class, good citizens - BUT, the police were edgy and there were people (not news crews) people in dark suits filming and taking pictures of our faces............face recognition software is now a fact.

If you do not see what is clearly going on then nothing I can say will make any difference to you.

You can lead a horse to water but not make them drink.

People that come on line here and talk about America changing over to a Fascist Police State are simply trying to warn you, yet you attack them.

I want you to discuss and debate with me why you think this is not yet a police state..........no little cute sarcastic, witty, Prove it, prove it, prove it..............doesn't cut it.

The proof is all around you, you are just too afraid to see it, handle it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

texas sucks balls, and everyone knows it. if texas is the definition of freedom, culture or meaning, then we are truly fkt.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Dude, you are truly a walking cliche.

I am more educated than you could imagine. That's not a bragging right, it's just the truth, and you're the one who brought it up.

Anyway, I don't drink your Kool Aid.

Sorry.

Not all of us agree that the land we love so much is so horrible.

I know, right? What a weird way to look at patriotism. To actually love the country in which you live.

What a weird, weird, thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Yes and who signs your paycheck?

America has changed so much over the past 30 years it's not even funny,

911 - arranged, manpulated follow the money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
still OK here, didn't get beaten up or patted down today

althought I am getting sick and tired of these guys getting paid over time to direct traffic at construction sites

can't we give that work to some unemplyoed folks ?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join