It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Tour In America & It's A Police State. No Doubt About It.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You really believe you're free, don't you? Well, you are in a sense. You're free to do whatever the hell you're allowed to do, hoss. If you live in city limits, try discharging your firearm and see what happens, even if you're on ''your property''. You can't say what you want. I take it you're not up on the laws that have and are going to be passed concerning how free you are to say what you want. And the analogy that you used:'' Saying America is a police state is like whining about a hangnail to an amputee.'' Dumbest analogy EVER.

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by MRuss

Stop whining.That's all I'm getting from your post.It's not that big of a deal to me.There is a reason why there's so much security.It is not 1920 anymore.The world has changed and so has America.Really,if you don't like it either do one of two things.Find another job or move to another country.Also,do you really expect security not to be tight in our nations capital?REALLY?
edit on 10-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

You are either trolling or you are everything that is wrong with our country.
I am going with trolling as I can not wrap my head around how someone could think the way you do.
There is just no way that you are serious.
Please tell me you were just having some fun trying to ruffle some feathers.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

What Hillbillies? So far in this thread I've been called 'Dumber', a 'Hillbillie' and 'Sport' because I disagree with the OP. Grow up.

Do you guys have any thoughts on what actually needs to change, or are you just interested in complaining? What do you propose we do, take out all checkpoints?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I don't believe I am free to do whatever I want. I just don't believe I live in a police state, because I don't. What's with the 'sport' and 'hoss' stuff? I think your letting yourself get angry for no reason. I actually am not aware of laws being passed that are going to limit speech. Perhaps you could link some of that information as I would be interested and upset to hear such news.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

If you live in city limits, try discharging your firearm and see what happens, even if you're on ''your property''.

Yeah, if I did that I would probably shoot and kill my neighbor

You can't say what you want.

You mean like yell fire in a crowded theater?

USA has issues but it isn't really a police state, sure it could be eventually but it isn't there yet. North Korea is a police state, USA is nothing like it. If it were, all of us on here would be sent to a labor camp already.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Check this out pal, I come from a military family, past and present. I've been to places you'll probabably never see. I've earned my spot in this country, along with my family, and the likes of you don't get to tell me I need to leave my country. And just so you know, I don't give a f*** about D.C., I was merely stating a fact. It's quite obvious you don't know me, because if you did, you'd know I'm not one to bitch about things. I try to do my part in REAL LIFE to be a part of the solution for us all. And sir, we don't want to go there about balls. No internet toughguy here, hoss. Believe that.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

USA has issues but it isn't really a police state, sure it could be eventually but it isn't there yet. North Korea is a police state, USA is nothing like it. If it were, all of us on here would be sent to a labor camp already.

Exactly. I certainly don't like the direction we are headed in, but claiming America is a police state is not factual. Complaining about waiting in lines also irritated me. What do you expect to be doing if you're a tour director?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by MRuss

Stop whining.That's all I'm getting from your post.It's not that big of a deal to me.There is a reason why there's so much security.It is not 1920 anymore.The world has changed and so has America.Really,if you don't like it either do one of two things.Find another job or move to another country.Also,do you really expect security not to be tight in our nations capital?REALLY?

You are either trolling or you are everything that is wrong with our country.
I am going with trolling as I can not wrap my head around how someone could think the way you do.
There is just no way that you are serious.
Please tell me you were just having some fun trying to ruffle some feathers.

Nothing about my post was trolling.Why do you think so?Because you subscribe to the paranoid thoughts that so many here do?And because I don't agree with you or the op I must be trolling

I suspect my friend YOU are everything that is wrong with this country.I've worked my whole life.I live a full life so I can guarentee you I'm not whats wrong with this country.I'm guessing it's the people on the internet who like to bitch and do nothing to change anything.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I was making a point, but I see where this is going. And my point was just made for me, inadvertently. Thanks.
edit on 10-4-2012 by poloblack because: Left out part of my reply

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

It's quite obvious you don't know me, because if you did, you'd know I'm not one to bitch about things.

Well to be fair that's all you've done in this thread. What exactly makes you think this is a police state? WHo cares if you were in the military?

I try to do my part in REAL LIFE to be a part of the solution for us all.

Could you elaborate here so that we could all become part of the solution? Or at least tell us what you find the problem to be?

No internet toughguy here, hoss. Believe that.

That's exactly what an internet tough guy would say. Also calling people 'hoss' is pretty ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Check this out pal, I come from a military family, past and present. I've been to places you'll probabably never see. I've earned my spot in this country, along with my family, and the likes of you don't get to tell me I need to leave my country. And just so you know, I don't give a f*** about D.C., I was merely stating a fact. It's quite obvious you don't know me, because if you did, you'd know I'm not one to bitch about things. I try to do my part in REAL LIFE to be a part of the solution for us all. And sir, we don't want to go there about balls. No internet toughguy here, hoss. Believe that.

Good for you?My older brother was in the army...so what's your point?I've probably been places you've never been as well.You're not getting any points from me for being an internet tough guy.You're not stating fact.You're stating your opinion.And I don't care to know you.Guess what PAL? Go have a drink and relax.No need to get so worked up on a message board.

ETA : Hoss
Take it down a notch man.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

If you live in city limits, try discharging your firearm and see what happens, even if you're on ''your property''.

This comment bothers me so much. Do you live on a farm? What kind of sheltered life are you living before you state things like this?

You do realize non-rural peoples properties are small right?

PLUS if you go to an inner-city at night time you'll hear a lot of random gunshots, especially on the weekends. I've been around goofs that started shooting gunshots into the air, no cops ever came. If you live in a city without gun bans that is. Cities are some of the MOST lax policed areas in the country.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Yes but there are many here that attempt to coalesce and change problems but most are in interestingly enough shot down and described as impossible. How is it possible then for actual conversation, when the answers are "good post" 2nd line and long diatribes on how it is impossible for something to happen, over ideas the gift of humanity.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Last I checked, voicing an opinion and stating a fact isn't bitching. I say hoss from time to time...sue me...I'm southern. And saying ''I'm no internet toughguy'' is NOT something a chickenhawk, armchair warrior would say. Besides, who are you to have to prove something to?? And as far as the military aspect goes, I won't go there with you. I know how certain things are orchestrated....you have no clue. But in the very near future, you will, DUDE.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

No points wanted or need, as I'm no internet toughguy, as stated earlier. And I'm not worked up in the least. Keep thinking all of this ''security'' is for your protection. Your brother was Army huh? Impressive, dude. Was ''dude'' a little better than hoss?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

And as far as the military aspect goes, I won't go there with you. I know how certain things are orchestrated....you have no clue.

So mysterious.

But in the very near future, you will, DUDE.

Uh oh. Could you answer a few of my more on topic questions? What are your main concerns. Do you actually believe this is a police state? You said you do things to help, what are they? You seem more interested in talking about your 'military career'.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I was trying to make a point. I would never suggest to go around shooting in the city limits...It was to make a point. That point being you're not free to do whatever you want. And to answer your question, I live on my own land outside the city, not a farm, liked you asked, but away from the city. And I grew up in the city, so I'm not naive by any means on what goes on there. Seen it myself like you. My post was to merely prove a point to the guy....you are not free to do and say whatever.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I am from Mass...and if anything...I don't mind the extra security to make sure that I am not on a plane with a terrorist or bomb. I tend to use a private Jet now and then but I have no problem when I use a company to take off my shoes and empty my pockets.

I agree the Free Speach issue has gone astray...but some common sense should be taken to heart from all sides.

Some people believe that the Terrorist Issue has been blown out of proportion and it is our own government that is trying to take away our rights. I am an ENORMOUS DEFENDER OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS AND CONSTITUTION....but even I can see that there are times for some basic common sence.

I have been to many countries when called on to do a...JOB...and believe me...if some of these religious Psychopaths could...they would have no problem at all killing up to the 10 or 20 Million U.S. Citizens that a Religious Fatwa was issued as OK to do. The Majority of Middle Eastern people are Moderate Religious Muslims. IRAN is an example of a whole county being kept Hostage by a few OLD RELIGIOUS GUARD ISLAMIC REVOLUTIONISTS....when over 70% of IRANS population is UNDER 30 YEARS OLD AND OVER 90% is PRO DEMOCRACY....the remaining less than 10% are Paid Members of the OLD GUARD who have no problem beating or killing their own kids to keep them in line.

IRANS LEADERSHIP has a 12 to 18 month shelf life before Pro Democracy Leadership kicks them out o office. The U.S. CIA...DIA and NSA as well as many Georgetown and Langley THINK TANKS....have advised an on going program to reach out to Irans Military Leadership as was done in IRAQ. In Iraq the only Military group that did not open a line of communication was an Iraqi Republican Guard Division of aprox. 85,000 Soldiers, Tanks and equipment along with an augmentation of about 15,000 Regulars who were placed in Sand Burns in a way a Chess Player sacrifices a Pawn.

A Wing of about 12 to 15 B-52H's in formation at a super high altitude...above the ability for Iraqi defenses to shoot them down....CARPET BOMBED this particular Republican Guard Division that was KNOWN for it's attrocities all over Iraq and even Iran. None of the Republican Guard Soldiers or the Regulars survived this B-52H strike...NONE! Shortly after this strike...the rest of the Iraqi Divisions surrendered....as a process was established by prior communication before the start of the war....the U.S. said...DO THIS...GO THERE....and surrender...and we will provide food and water.

This is being done as I post with communication with Iranian Generals and Admirals....the Iranian Military Leadership are educated in the art of war enough to KNOW that a war with the U.S. is SUICIDE and they above all others want to be able to defend their country after a possible U.S. MIlitary Strike. This strike can be avoided if Iran stops processing by centrafuges...Weapons Grade Uranium as well as threatening to choke off the Worlds Lifeline to Energy....or even worse...Iran declaring it has a Nuclear Weapon....whether they do or not...since Israel has been forbidden to Bomb Iranian Nuclear sites as this would make the whole region Radioactive....the U.S. would have to secure these sites with Special Forces as well as Airborne Rangers....the Fifth Fleet would destroy the entire Iranian Navy as well as Airforce...and as a way to protect the tens of thousands of U.S. Soldiers on the ground in Iran as they diassemble the Iranian Nuclear Sites....the U.S. would for the First Time deploy air dropped Non-Nuclear EMP devises....which would render all Iranian Ground Foeced Innert.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

you are not free to do and say whatever.

Implying anyone actually said people are free to do whatever.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

No points wanted or need, as I'm no internet toughguy, as stated earlier. And I'm not worked up in the least. Keep thinking all of this ''security'' is for your protection. Your brother was Army huh? Impressive, dude. Was ''dude'' a little better than hoss?

I don't think all this security is for my protection.It's welcomed.You know come July when I'm going to New York to visit the 9/11 memorial I expect to be safe.I'm not really worried about me.I'm more worried about my daughter.She just turned 5.I expect if I'm visiting a major tourist area that it would be safe.

Yes,my brother was in the army.And I'm damn proud of him.Because he had more balls then a lot of the people posting here.And no,"dude" wasnt any better than hoss.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join