It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA: March 2012 the Warmest on Record - North America and where else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
searched and theres only a 'warmest march' ats thread showin up for SCOTLAND.

this is one 'buds' for North America, as just saw it on weather while checking to see if we have
aa TORNADO passing thru here in the northeast, cuz sure seems like one is going by right now!

anyways,

www.weather.com...

beach weather in MARCH

despite the apparent 'tornado' passing thru

edit on Mon Apr 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit to reflect source....title was Weather.com: "It's Official... Warmest March EVER" - North America and where else?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
That is a false statement.

How can we measure months hundreds or thousands of years ago, before we started recording or had instruments to record weather data?

I will accept in recorded history (since the 1800's) but even then, we didn't have weather stations in as many places as we do now.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

March 2012 was the warmest March on record in the contiguous United States. In addition, the January through March period of 2012 was the warmest first quarter of the year on record. Records date back to 1895 in both cases
From the OP linked source.... Do you even read a full thread before commenting on it?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
At least OP didnt say its the end of the world due to this, or that this is a man made 'problem'

Also, I agree with the poster who stated its impossible to say the warmest ever. Humanities ignorance to confine time into the span of their own acknowledgement baffles me.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by calnorak

March 2012 was the warmest March on record in the contiguous United States. In addition, the January through March period of 2012 was the warmest first quarter of the year on record. Records date back to 1895 in both cases
From the OP linked source.... Do you even read a full thread before commenting on it?

Well, I didn't go to the link. I just read the title, the post and watched the boring video before I commented.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

anyways,

www.weather.com...

edit on Mon Apr 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit to reflect source....title was Weather.com: "It's Official... Warmest March EVER" - North America and where else?

like i quoted, the Weather.com article IS titled "It's Official... Warmest March EVER"

so its weird the mod changed the quote to something untrue, wow

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
117 years of recorded weather, and the warmest March among all the 117 months of March is...

March 2012!!!

The fact that 2012 is the year of the "doomsday prophecies", inspired by the Mayan calendar, that have been around since the 1970's, is JUST A COINCIDENCE.

Stay calm. Everything is fine. Prophecies don't exist. Keep your "rational" and "scientific" little arrogant minds "safe" and "calm". The scientists PROMISED that nothing will happen in 2012. You should be calm, because the all-knowing scientists PROMISED it.

Don't panic, all is well.

edit on 10-4-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
And of course, it has NOTHING to do with the fact that 2011 had a sharp increase in worldwide volcanic activity compared to the previous 5 years, and the first 3 months of 2012 had an EVEN SHARPER increase...

There is NO "Mayan doom". Repeat it one million times for yourself, and the danger will go away.

new topics

top topics

join