It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of Christianity?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Did you thought about all those contradictions? Yahwe is a kind God, while Jehovah is a blood-thirsty one? Those two have the same initials; it was easy then for the Illuminati to insert Jehovah and discourage people from religion.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The point of Christianism should not be taken literally directly from the Bible.
It was when people misinterpretated the words in the Bible that all went wrong (and when a ''shadowy'' society took over).
Christianism (and Judaism, Hindouism, Buddhism) only tried to teach us meaning of life, and basic laws of morality. There was no morality when there was no religion; we were more like animals, filling our basic instincts of food, shelter, and reproduction. When religion came, people began to question ''How were we created?, Why were we created? What is our boundaries?''. Religion taught us not to kill one another, to respect one another, to search for knowledge and not material needs; they gave us purpose by letting know that we all had a reason to be here, and gave us hope that when we die, there is still life.
Now, if you kill another one, what do you have to fear? Nothing, only 10 years in jail. Our purpose? Make money, and rule a land. We are spoon-fed of already prepared information (which most of the times depress us of life), and don't anymore research for information beyond what's said. What happens when we die? We vanish. All our life led to nothing but vanish.
News now tells us that we were born from animals, and are as unimportant as them. What about the fact that we accomplished more in 450 000 years, than even a horse did after millions of year?
Religion make us ponder about that; science tell us that we are nothing but a disatrous accident.
The truth is neither in the hands of science or religion; its in both, and we must respect that.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

What happens when we die? We vanish. All our life led to nothing but vanish.

That is not correct...

Your body dies... your spirit does not... Can not die...

We return home when our body dies my friend... And you don't even have to believe me...

Some things are true regardless of ones beliefs

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think you just agreed with Starheart. I believe, too, that spirit survives death. do you have memory of your past life? I do.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I wish...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart

The Illuminati re-wrote misinterpretations of the Bible when it took over the Vatican. By doing so, people believe that it was the fault of Christianity that all the problems came from, and began to accept the lies of the Illuminati.
Ask any true monks, who only pray and try to life a peaceful life: theu DON'T want to have a global religious and control of the planet.

And some high ranking bishops make the charge that behind the doors of the Vatican it's not even kept secret anymore, but is outright in the open demonology, spirit worship, and satanism.

She is the whore of Revelation. God uses terminology of fornication to speak of false religion and worship throughout the Bible.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by windword

I believe that this man is speaking in "angelic tongues."

He's an amazing talent no doubt about that. But it's still English. I'm not denying his God-given talent though, thank you very much for linking them and letting me learn of him, never heard him perform before.

Except that he's a French man, and in the third video he's singing to a German crowd.

EDIT: I had the pleasure of meeting him, in fact we shared a living space for a short time, in the '70's. When I was pregnant with my daughter, he placed his hand on my belly and gave her a blessing. I felt her stir. She is certainly a very blessed woman, my daughter, living a very blessed life. And Al is an angel in the flesh, and so is his wife Susan.

He may be French, he's still speaking a tongue of man. I had a Polish girlfriend who spoke broken English but sang rock and and pop culture English songs like an English speaker.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Heres the thing though... i don't preach the bible... nor do i teach the bible... I tell people to read it for themselves... and im happy to show people where to start reading if they want true understanding of God... Not Genesis btw...

Satan can quote scripture with the best of them. In fact, he is on the board of many seminaries today. And I can quote scripture in a way that if someone follows it will lead them to alcoholism. That's why it needs to be taught by someone who has in them the same Holy Spirit who inspired it to begin with. The natural man cannot understand the Word of God, it's a spiritual book written by the Holy Spirit, and that Word became flesh and dwelt amongst us glory to God!

It's cliche, but I see it everyday. people cherry-pick the Bible and come away with absurd ideas from it. Example: People claim God is evil for all the "atrocities He committed" like killing all the firstborn of Egypt, but don't read, or care, that the Egyptians first killed all the firstborn of the Hebrews, and God has said revenge is His alone and promised Abraham that whoever blesses his seed He will bless and whoever curses his seed He will curse.

Mark my words, the very day the USA pressures Israel to divide His land our destruction as nation will be pronounced from the throne in heaven. Our support for them is the only thing that's kept us from utter ruin, that one promise to Abraham. People always ask why the United States doesn't appear in end times prophecy... think about it.

"If God doesn't judge America for her multitude of sins He'll have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah." ~ Billy Graham

Another example: God is evil for flooding the world and committing "genocide", yet the reason for the flood was to destroy the Nephillim. The last human before the flood to perish was Methuselah and his daddy Enoch knew his death would bring the flood judgment upon the Earth, his name in Hebrew means "his death shall bring it". And low and behold, his age is the longest age recorded in the Bible, it's a symbol of His patience, that the one who's death would bring the flood is the longest living man in the history of the world glory to God.

God is love man, but He is ALSO righteous and just, He cannot divorce the two, that would deny Himself. Something He cannot do and still be God Almighty.

edit on 7-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

The Illuminati re-wrote misinterpretations of the Bible when it took over the Vatican.

And no one noticed? I find that a little difficult to digest. Blaming shadowy conspiracy groups that according to some don't even exist is maybe not the best argument either.

Lots have noticed and warned repeatedly.

Most don't care, that's the issue.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The point is to be psychologically awaken in the fact that people should love each other, respect each other, be knowledgable of each other...and to remember a point in history as in a peaceful light, true magic as in a human being who did things that shocked a generation of people.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Did you thought about all those contradictions? Yahwe is a kind God, while Jehovah is a blood-thirsty one? Those two have the same initials; it was easy then for the Illuminati to insert Jehovah and discourage people from religion.

Jehovah is just the Latinization of the Hebrew YHWH. it's a non-issue. The waw in Hebrew sound like this when spoken: "VAV"

So YHWH sounds like this when spoken in Hebrew: "YAH-VAY"

When we say it in English sometimes people say: "YAH-WAY"

Elijah ---> Latinization (My God is Jehovah)

Eliyahu --> Aramaic (My God is YHWH)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Satan can quote scripture with the best of them. In fact, he is on the board of many seminaries today. And I can quote scripture in a way that if someone follows it will lead them to alcoholism. That's why it needs to be taught by someone who has in them the same Holy Spirit who inspired it to begin with. The natural man cannot understand the Word of God, it's a spiritual book written by the Holy Spirit, and that Word became flesh and dwelt amongst us glory to God!

I disagree... taught scripture leads to the teachee stumbling over the same stones as the teacher... The law is written in our hearts and minds... Anyone can understand it... IF they read from the right place... If you try to start with Genesis and plow though it, by the time most reach the important part it becomes tedious... Understand Gods son before the rest... and the entire book becomes clear... and the true God shines through the mess... I've read it both ways... Starting from Genesis is not the way to read the bible in my opinion...

It's cliche, but I see it everyday. people cherry-pick the Bible and come away with absurd ideas from it. Example: People claim God is evil for all the "atrocities He committed" like killing all the firstborn of Egypt, but don't read, or care, that the Egyptians first killed all the firstborn of the Hebrews, and God has said revenge is His alone and promised Abraham that whoever blesses his seed He will bless and whoever curses his seed He will curse.

I don't believe the "attrocities" within the bible were commited by the true God at all... likely an imposter acting as God... to people that would not know the difference in the first place...

Mark my words, the very day the USA pressures Israel to divide His land our destruction as nation will be pronounced from the throne in heaven. Our support for them is the only thing that's kept us from utter ruin, that one promise to Abraham. People always ask why the United States doesn't appear in end times prophecy... think about it.

"If God doesn't judge America for her multitude of sins He'll have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah." ~ Billy Graham

I guess we'll see eh... Im not one for prophecy.... The future doesn't exist, nor does the past...

Another example: God is evil for flooding the world and committing "genocide", yet the reason for the flood was to destroy the Nephillim. The last human before the flood to perish was Methuselah and his daddy Enoch knew his death would bring the flood judgment upon the Earth, his name in Hebrew means "his death shall bring it". And low and behold, his age is the longest age recorded in the Bible, it's a symbol of His patience, that the one who's death would bring the flood is the longest living man in the history of the world glory to God.

Another story i don't believe... if the flood actually happend it was likely a local flood... Theres no evidence of a Global flood ever happening...

God is love man, but He is ALSO righteous and just, He cannot divorce the two, that would deny Himself. Something He cannot do and still be God Almighty.

This is true... which is why one can't take the entire bible as the word of God.... Or God is not righteous or just in many cases... Nor does the OT God examplify Love...

edit on 7-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
The point is to be psychologically awaken in the fact that people should love each other, respect each other, be knowledgable of each other...and to remember a point in history as in a peaceful light, true magic as in a human being who did things that shocked a generation of people.

True, but people also want Christians to compromise with the world, but we serve a risen Lord who was the most controversial confrontational Man who ever lived. My argument is when we become confrontational is when we actually walk in His footsteps and begin to practice Biblical Christianity. But with love, not confrontation mingled with hate. That's the Pharisees.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Starting from Genesis is not the way to read the bible in my opinion...

Well, start with the 10 commandments, no one will come to the remedy God provided for our condition if they don't see the need for it. The Word of God does the cutting to the bone, not our stinking preaching half the time. And also, we usually suggest new Christians begin reading it for themselves with the gospels, so I wont argue with that.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't believe the "attrocities" within the bible were commited by the true God at all... likely an imposter acting as God... to people that would not know the difference in the first place...

That's why I suggested numerous times looking at the mathematical properties underlying the text itself, or the ELS codes as well. And Jesus said the whole of the book is about Him or the atonement. Every name, story, type and foreshadow. He was the one speaking to Moses from the burning bush, the serpent on the pole was a picture of the crucifixion and salvation, everything is about Him. Even the geneology in Genesis from Adam to Noah spells out the Christian gospel when the meanings of the names are defined by their Hebrew roots.

He blasted the Pharisees for memorizing great portions of the OT books and being blind to that Word made flesh standing before them fulfilling that OT law. Elijah settled the debate about who was the real God on Mt. Carmel. His name means "My God is YHWH" in Aramaic.

Jesus basically said: "LOL, you dudes don't know crap about the scriptures."

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

And Jesus said the whole of the book is about Him or the atonement

nuuu... he did not.... he said search the scriptures they speak of my comming...

He did not say "the book is about me"

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I guess we'll see eh... Im not one for prophecy.... The future doesn't exist, nor does the past...

You hate math as you say but just made a profound Physics statement. You don't even realize the implications of what you just said.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You hate math as you say but just made a profound Physics statement. You don't even realize the implications of what you just said.

There is a vast difference between Physics and Metaphysics...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

nuuu... he did not.... he said search the scriptures they speak of my comming...

That's why I said "and the atonement", the brass serpent is a perfect picture of that. The realization that every detail is about Him comes through intense study, both of the plaintext, and the plethora of nuggets hidden in the text itself. Even the tabernacle setup, construction, and temple artifacts speak of the atonement. I'll give you a nugget, but as a teach I don't want to just teach you, but inspire you to passion to discover these on your own.

Hint, the whole tabernacle rested upon silver sockets, silver is the Levitical symbol for blood.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

That's why I said "and the atonement", the brass serpent is a perfect picture of that. The realization that every detail is about Him comes through intense study, both of the plaintext, and the plethora of nuggets hidden in the text itself.

So you consider the slaughter of innocent people... women and children to be about Jesus or the attonement?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join