What is the point of Christianity?

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What is the point of Christianity if I can do anything I want, break any of gods rules, not even follow the bible and all I have to do in return is apologize for my sins.

Essentially I could kill every single person on the planet and get into heaven by just saying sorry?

I mean doesnt that defeat the purpose.

It is clear to see this is a problem by the fact that all followers of the bible don't actually follow it like the bible asks, break its rules on a daily basis and yet claim they are true followers?

Why is it that you don't have to follow the bible to follow the bible?
edit on 4-4-2012 by IgnorantSpecies because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To live a positive and blessed and mirthful life while on earth,
and to be granted the Gift of God, eternal life



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
To live a positive and blessed and mirthful life while on earth,
and to be granted the Gift of God, eternal life
But this doesn't happen does it, at least not in the parameters of the bible.
The bible is clear in the fact that you must follow it to get into heaven, and no bible follower on earth actually does that properly.
edit on 4-4-2012 by IgnorantSpecies because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies
 

Global religious, political and financial domination. Don't tell the the rest though.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies
 


How so? Cite specific examples and I can help shed light on anything you're confused about



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies
 


How so? Cite specific examples and I can help shed light on anything you're confused about
There are many rules set by the bible that people do not follow.
The bible states you must follow all of the bible to get into heaven.
And people do not do that.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies
 


Which rules are you speaking of?

I am not familiar with what you're speaking of as I have never learned these things from the Bible.

I need you to give me specific verses and show me what you're talking about.

I can't read your mind.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
While I do consider myself an agnostic atheist, I do believe that non denominational Christianity has the potential to be a good belief system to adopt if those individuals adhere and live by the teachings of Jesus Christ.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
if it was all just about rules and legalism none of us would enter the gates of heaven. anyways the future is an illusion that can't be predicted just as much as the past is an illusion now.

and you're asking the wrong question.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies
 


Which rules are you speaking of?

I am not familiar with what you're speaking of as I have never learned these things from the Bible.

I need you to give me specific verses and show me what you're talking about.

I can't read your mind.
Please address the question rather then procrastinate, if you do not know that there are many rules of the bible which are not followed I suggest you read the bible.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
if it was all just about rules and legalism none of us would enter the gates of heaven. anyways the future is an illusion that can't be predicted just as much as the past is an illusion now.

and you're asking the wrong question.
Well I am talking specifically about the bible which is clear in the fact that one MUST follow the rules of the bible in order to get into heaven.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies
 


You have yet to give me one single example of anything you accuse the Bible of being wrong for.

How is that procrastination?



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectiveEgalitarian
While I do consider myself an agnostic atheist, I do believe that non denominational Christianity has the potential to be a good belief system to adopt if those individuals adhere and live by the teachings of Jesus Christ.
The belief system is one in which good morals are enforced by fear, which is not positive and essentially a false illusion of being good.
People have the ability to follow these morals without religion.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies
 


Nowhere does the Bible say that.

My Bible tells me to enter Paradise I must:

- Have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- Commit good works
- Spread the good news
- Love God with all my heart and love people
- Regularly repent and confess my sins and turn from sin



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies

Originally posted by krossfyter
if it was all just about rules and legalism none of us would enter the gates of heaven. anyways the future is an illusion that can't be predicted just as much as the past is an illusion now.

and you're asking the wrong question.
Well I am talking specifically about the bible which is clear in the fact that one MUST follow the rules of the bible in order to get into heaven.


all the rules? are you sure about that? no one can follow all the rules. its impossible. if you know of someone let me know.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321
 


Tell me, and this is a very small example:
Do you follow all of the Ten Commandments?



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
reply to post by Iason321
 


Tell me, and this is a very small example:
Do you follow all of the Ten Commandments?


I try to adhere to them as much as possible.

The one I am guilty of breaking the most is using the Lords name in vain...

I regularly confess for my transgessions against His commandments.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies
 


The point of Christianity isn't to be perfect as you put it. It's about striving to be as close to perfect as humanly possible. It's impossible to live your entire life without sin. God doesn't punish us for our faults as long our attempts are 100%.
And you have the whole idea of repentence completely wrong.

"You can repent and not be saved, but you can't be saved unless you repent"



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies

Originally posted by krossfyter
if it was all just about rules and legalism none of us would enter the gates of heaven. anyways the future is an illusion that can't be predicted just as much as the past is an illusion now.

and you're asking the wrong question.
Well I am talking specifically about the bible which is clear in the fact that one MUST follow the rules of the bible in order to get into heaven.


all the rules? are you sure about that? no one can follow all the rules. its impossible. if you know of someone let me know.


Well then according to the bible no one is going to heaven



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies
 


That is a false statement.

Have you read what I've posted?





new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join