It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of Christianity?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I believe that this man is speaking in "angelic tongues."

He's an amazing talent no doubt about that. But it's still English. I'm not denying his God-given talent though, thank you very much for linking them and letting me learn of him, never heard him perform before.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No, because the separation of the spirit and soul is the "2nd death". And animals are given the "breath of life", but do not have a spirit.

I don't believe that... i believe all life has the spirit of God within... Animals are on the same path... only not as far along as humans are...

That actualy comes from Hindu scripture... And a mush of several other beliefs as well....

A world renouned Christian apologist. I think the haze is clearing, you don't like any Christian apologist and reject them outright before hearing anything they have to say.

True... i prefer to read the texts for myself... How can one form an opinion of something from a bias source...

Why do you entertain what I have to say then as a Christian apologist? Just to disagree since I think it's apparent it's not to learn anything from me as an weak amateur one myself.

I would say to clairify what you believe... so i have an understanding of your point of view... I don't post simply to disagree... only to question

You don't like the idea of the God of the Bible, and won't listen to anyone tell you that you have Him all wrong.

I don't agree with the God of the bible... because he/they do not fall in line with what Jesus said about the true God of the bible...

If someone only told me the times your dad punished you as a child and gave me erroneous reasons for why He did so and never told me of all the good he did as well I'd think he was a royal douche too.

The bible tells of attrocities "God" has commited and condoned through out history... When in fact God has no reason to harm his children... They return to him regardless... and face judgement at that time... All "evils" will have its consequences... I believe the God(s) of the bible are false... and not the same as the one Jesus spoke of...

You're basing your decision on cherry-picked info and straw man arguments for Him. That makes me sad, you don't know my Father in heaven, not at all. And you refuse to let people who are very astute tell you about Him better than anyone here could ever hope to.

That is your opinion... and you're welcome to it...

I don't need anyone to tell me what the bible says... its quite easy to read for myself.... and i enjoy doing so.

Pantheism, doctrine of demons. But why do you love the Gnostic texts then? They rejected everything material as evil. And everything metaphysical as good.

Call it what you will... i have no need to label my beliefs... they are what they are....

I don't accept all gnostic texts, just as i don't accept every word in the bible... I don't believe in "evil" in general... Evil comes from within... it is not a spirit or a devil... its selfishness examplified.

In the begining God created the heaven's and the earth... From what? From nothing?

In the beginning there was God... and nothing else... SO God must have created everythiing from what there was at that time... Himself... theres no other logical explanation.

You're right, if He was small enough for our 3 lb brains to fully understand He wouldn't nearly be big enough for our need. But on the other hand, don't you think if He has the technology to create us from dirt that He also has the technology to reveal Himself in a message system to us??

Seems like a simple task to me in comparison to His other works of creation.

Yes... this is why i stick to his sons words...

Absurd. Man loves pleasure so why would he invent a thing that holds a club over our heads unless we deny things we find initially fun to do? That's silly IMO.

Because its pleasing to man to believe that God created us in his image... Personally i believe such a notion is silly...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How can one form an opinion of something from a bias source...

Everyone has bias, to assume there is middle ground is in itself a bias. Thus self-refuting.

I don't agree with the God of the bible... because he/they do not fall in line with what Jesus said about the true God of the bible...

Jesus is the God of the Bible made flesh. In Him dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

The bible tells of attrocities "God" has commited and condoned through out history...

That sir is from a biased source, re-compute what you said above with that in mind.

I would say to clairify what you believe... so i have an understanding of your point of view... I don't post simply to disagree... only to question.

If one questions and never admits relevant points made they are just a skeptic.

I don't need anyone to tell me what the bible says... its quite easy to read for myself....

That statement makes me sad to my core because of what the Gnostics and especially Westcott and Hort did to the Bible. There are two manuscript streams, the Alexandrian that has the deity of Christ, the trinity, the bodily resurrection, and the sin atonement of Christ all expurgated, and the Antiochian stream that keeps those verses intact from the original letters.

Westcott and Hort were spirit/demon worshippers, self-admitted too, and the Gnostics also cut out any scripture that didn't line up with their Greek and Egyptian mysticism. The last 12 verses of Mark that do not appear in their 4th century manuscripts are quoted from by both Irenaeus and Hypoleteus (sp) in the 2nd and 3rd centuries respectively.

Either these men were clairvoyant or the Gnostics removed them from the Bibles they were producing.

edit on 7-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

How can one form an opinion of something from a bias source...

Everyone has bias, to assume there is middle ground is in itself a bias. Thus self-refuting.

Jesus is the God of the Bible made flesh. In Him dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

The bible tells of attrocities "God" has commited and condoned through out history...

That sir is from a biased source, re-compute what you said above with that in mind.

Which is why... as i've said... i have no interest in other's opinions of scripture... i prefer to go to the scripture directly and form my own opinion...

And Jesus is not God...lol

Not something we'll ever agree on

That is my bias... something that can be shown in scripture....

If one questions and never admits relevant points made they are just a skeptic.

Relevent points just bring more questions
edit on 7-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Which is why... as i've said... i have no interest in other's opinions of scripture... i prefer to go to the scripture directly and form my own opinion...

And we never will if you read the Gnostic books and Westcott and Hort Bibles, they were removed from them.

Read my edited post above please, I'm going to bed now.

God Bless

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Relevent points just bring more questions.

Only to a skeptic friend.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

And we never will if you read the Gnostic books and Westcott and Hort Bibles, they were removed from them.

Read my edited post above please, I'm going to bed now.

God Bless

I only read the KJV... And it does not say Jesus was God...

And i didn't know the gnostics had an "official bible"... and i've read all their scripture many times.... and various translations as well

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And i didn't know the gnostics had an "official bible"... and i've read all their scripture many times.... and various translations as well.

Yep, Textus Sinaiaticus, Textus Vaticanus, and Textus Alexandrius (Alexandria). All modern versions not the KJB are derived from W&H Greek and they referred to the Gnostic manuscripts and had contempt for the Textus Receptus MSS. (Antioch)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

So yet again you see why i go to the sorce rather then read others opinions on such matters....

I thought you were going to bed

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

So yet again you see why i go to the sorce rather then read others opinions on such matters....

I'm trying... *sigh* It's 3 am and I need to get up at 6:30. I have to help at church tomorrow because I offered to help, you're right I need to try and get some sleep. I was going to try and stay up and sleep after helping out, but they deserve to have me not dead tired tomorrow.

And my point is, which source?

Going now, you're right, sometimes It's hard for me to stop ya know?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I'm trying... *sigh* It's 3 am and I need to get up at 6:30. I have to help at church tomorrow because I offered to help, you're right I need to try and get some sleep. I was going to try and stay up and sleep after helping out, but they deserve to have me not dead tired tomorrow.

And my point is, which source?

Going now, you're right, sometimes It's hard for me to stop ya know?

See you are a Nut

I don't function on 3 hours of sleep...

Though i know what you mean... this site has kept me from sleep many a night.... 6 to 12 hours is a regular sometimes....

This is the issue... You see "the source" as the entire bible... i do not... What is in the bible which is from Jesus directly... is the source within that book... But i also do not reject other "sources" such as the gnostic texts for spiritual knowledge... i also take into consideration the hindu scripture.... and Buddhist ideas as well...

One gets a broader picture when all sides are considered... It can be clearly shown that Jesus followers did not always understand what he was saying... even he was confused by this... So those that didn't even know him such as Paul... have questionable ideas as compared to his...

Gnostic scripture show a completely different view as compared to the bible... and theres no possible way for anyone to say that what is recorded within their texts isn't sayings passed down through generations as oral traditions and stories... from him and his followers...

Either way... you see something entirely different then i do... You see Jesus as God in the flesh (says John)... I see him as Gods son (says Jesus) and in no way equal to God...

Its not something we can agree on because you can't see my side... and i won't see yours...

no worries though...We'll all see in the end won't we...

but don't say i didn't tell you...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

And speaking of paul...

If one looks in the right places it is interesting to note that Paul has a very Gnostic slant to his writing... it makes me wonder if Paul hung around Gnostics...

I have considered making a thread about it... but i think i beat on Paul enough

Perhaps one day

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If one looks in the right places it is interesting to note that Paul has a very Gnostic slant to his writing... it makes me wonder if Paul hung around Gnostics...

Collossians was specifically addressed to refute the Gnostics Christology.

It starts about the 5 minute mark, but the first part is hilarious because he mocks religious hypocrites quite severely and it's funny.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

See you are a Nut

I don't function on 3 hours of sleep...

It's passion for Him friend, He saved me and healed me, I owe Him everything.

I'll address the other parts tomorrow.

Gnight.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Again... others opinions of these matters?

Im not interested in what this guy has to say about the bible... or the gnostics

Sorry but i just can't sit and listen to someone preach... especially for an hour... about paul

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Im not interested in what this guy has to say about the bible... or the gnostics

Sorry but i just can't sit and listen to someone preach... especially for an hour... about paul

I'm not nieve enough to believe you're the only one reading my replies. I can't really remember in all my years of doing apologetics where a person who I was arguing with saying "wow dude, you're right, please tell me about Jesus." But I have scores of PM's from folks saying that, here and the other places I preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. You and I are actually putting on the "show" for the hearts and minds of the audience who are watching this exchange.

You most likely will never watch it or anything else I ask you to, but many others will watch it. Doesn't mean I still do not love you bro, but I love Him and His lost elect so much more. Btw, its 630! I made it up! Lol

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

The Illuminati re-wrote misinterpretations of the Bible when it took over the Vatican. By doing so, people believe that it was the fault of Christianity that all the problems came from, and began to accept the lies of the Illuminati.
Ask any true monks, who only pray and try to life a peaceful life: theu DON'T want to have a global religious and control of the planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

I believe that this man is speaking in "angelic tongues."

He's an amazing talent no doubt about that. But it's still English. I'm not denying his God-given talent though, thank you very much for linking them and letting me learn of him, never heard him perform before.

Except that he's a French man, and in the third video he's singing to a German crowd.

EDIT: I had the pleasure of meeting him, in fact we shared a living space for a short time, in the '70's. When I was pregnant with my daughter, he placed his hand on my belly and gave her a blessing. I felt her stir. She is certainly a very blessed woman, my daughter, living a very blessed life. And Al is an angel in the flesh, and so is his wife Susan.
edit on 7-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm not nieve enough to believe you're the only one reading my replies. I can't really remember in all my years of doing apologetics where a person who I was arguing with saying "wow dude, you're right, please tell me about Jesus." But I have scores of PM's from folks saying that, here and the other places I preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. You and I are actually putting on the "show" for the hearts and minds of the audience who are watching this exchange.

You most likely will never watch it or anything else I ask you to, but many others will watch it. Doesn't mean I still do not love you bro, but I love Him and His lost elect so much more. Btw, its 630! I made it up! Lol

Good for you... it sucks to have no sleep

Its very true... this forum is more of a theatre... sometimes even a boxing ring

Heres the thing though... i don't preach the bible... nor do i teach the bible... I tell people to read it for themselves... and im happy to show people where to start reading if they want true understanding of God... Not Genesis btw...

And believe me i get plenty of PMs as well... even several people that have said "wow you're right, tell me more about Jesus"... and they get the same answer... read it for yourself. Unless of course they ask a specific question.

I only point in the right direction... its up to the reader to understand why i point that way...

Either way... we have different points of view and different beliefs on the subject... but i believe we fight on the same side...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

The Illuminati re-wrote misinterpretations of the Bible when it took over the Vatican.

And no one noticed? I find that a little difficult to digest. Blaming shadowy conspiracy groups that according to some don't even exist is maybe not the best argument either.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join