It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of Christianity?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Anything genuine from the Lord will have a satanic counterfeit.

What?
So....you are looking for opposites and extremes??? Whatever Divine arrives, there is evil equally??
Sorry, bro... I'm not getting your point.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well, when I belonged to the church, it was a sacrament, a ritual that was performed to consume the body of Christ, to make it a part of your physical body. A remembrance of the divine should be portrayed in the way you live your life and treat others.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Like this?

Far be it for me to reply to my own posts... but im still laughing...

Some of these guys are hilarious

I think some people in this thread could use a laugh

edit on 5-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Well, when I belonged to the church, it was a sacrament, a ritual that was performed to consume the body of Christ, to make it a part of your physical body. A remembrance of the divine should be portrayed in the way you live your life and treat others.

That's Jesus + works + experience friend, that's a false gospel. You were 100% in your sane mind for walking away from that doctrine/church.

Praise God for that. But you're throwing the Baby out with the putrid bathwater of demonic christianity. You have been deceived, I was in the very same boat years ago. I was "saved" as a teenager, and in all actuality I just said some magical words then got wet in front of the church.

My actual salvation came about a decade ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Going after each other is not going to fly.

Stick to the topic and refrain from angry comments. It was enough with all the early comments about members being ignorant.

So far this has been a really good debate. Let's not spoil that

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

EXACTLY!!!!!

That's contrived goobly-gook by someone who doesn't have the gift. That's the satanic counterfeit, or they are just trying to do it because they were brought up in a church that taught a person wasn't saved unless they spoke in tongues so people faked it that didn't have the gift.

Jesus + some experience = false gospel

edit on 5-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Well, I'm an old lady, and my salvation came about when I left and denied the church.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Well, I'm an old lady, and my salvation came about when I left and denied the church.

Sorry I said Sir, I have no idea where I got the idea you were a man. Please forgive, I meant no offense.

And yes, you certainly was delivered from that garbage church and doctrine. But when a stronghold is broken down, it must be replaced with the truth or another false idea will come in to replace it.

edit on 5-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Anything genuine from the Lord will have a satanic counterfeit.

What?
So....you are looking for opposites and extremes??? Whatever Divine arrives, there is evil equally??
Sorry, bro... I'm not getting your point.

Watch Akragon's video above. That's contrived nonsense. Give me a few and I'll show you the genuine from different nations and native languages, from Spanish speakers, to Russian speakers.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I disregard anything Pauline as a forgery of the Catholic Church. Please don't quote Paul to me again, as it is not gospel.
edit on 5-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

Actually Paul is gospel, he draws heavy from the prophets to make his points and the prophets were speaking about the future faith.

You can cherry pick the bible all you want, but if you do that you may as well just throw out the entire thing and go believe whatever you want. Your efforts will amount to believing in Zaboomafoo of planet Fart for all the good it will do you. Paul was chosen to be the messenger to the Gentiles, the other 12 were chose to be the messengers to the Jews. Now to deny Paul, then you might as well deny that christianity was even meant for the rest of the world and that Jesus did not come to save the world but only the jews and if you go down that road, you might as well throw out the entire new testament and convert to Judaism and not believe in Jesus at all but the Antichrist to come as your messiah.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Paul was chosen to be the messenger to the Gentiles, the other 12 were chose to be the messengers to the Jews. Now to deny Paul, then you might as well deny that christianity was even meant for the rest of the world and that Jesus did not come to save the world but only the jews

Hey, lonewolf....
actually, I think Paul took it upon himself to be the messenger to the Gentiles......
when Jesus meant only to be talking to the Israelites' 12 tribes.....
He came to save them.....to restore order to them.....
it was Paul (and those after him) that decided it should go abroad.

edit on 5-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Nope, I'm sorry, but you have insulted my inner Holy Spirit by continually referring me as a male. You cannot be forgiven for a super grievous crime! /sarcasm off

Please have faith in your own god, that I used to pray to, that he hasn't forgotten me, if he be the true god.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I disregard anything Pauline as a forgery of the Catholic Church. Please don't quote Paul to me again, as it is not gospel.
edit on 5-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

Actually Paul is gospel, he draws heavy from the prophets to make his points and the prophets were speaking about the future faith.

You can cherry pick the bible all you want, but if you do that you may as well just throw out the entire thing and go believe whatever you want. Your efforts will amount to believing in Zaboomafoo of planet Fart for all the good it will do you. Paul was chosen to be the messenger to the Gentiles, the other 12 were chose to be the messengers to the Jews. Now to deny Paul, then you might as well deny that christianity was even meant for the rest of the world and that Jesus did not come to save the world but only the jews and if you go down that road, you might as well throw out the entire new testament and convert to Judaism and not believe in Jesus at all but the Antichrist to come as your messiah.

I don't "cherry pick" the bible. I reject it all as "the word of god," That's not to say wisdom can't be gleamed from it. It's the works of some very great mens' interpretation of divinity.

I reject Paul as being any more astute than myself in my ability to define god and identify the role of Jesus. Who is he (Paul/Saul) to tell me, how to interpret the words of Jesus?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
2nd warning

Stay on topic

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Paul was chosen to be the messenger to the Gentiles, the other 12 were chose to be the messengers to the Jews. Now to deny Paul, then you might as well deny that christianity was even meant for the rest of the world and that Jesus did not come to save the world but only the jews

Hey, lonewolf....
actually, I think Paul took it upon himself to be the messenger to the Gentiles......
when Jesus meant only to be talking to the Israelites' 12 tribes.....
He came to save them.....to restore order to them.....
it was Paul (and those after him) that decided it should go abroad.

No dear, Paul wished he could minister to the Jews. Peter opened the door to Gentile ministry, but it was given to Paul. He was a Roman citizen being born is Tarsus and spoke Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Latin. He reluctantly accepted but often bemoans that he couldn't teach the Jews whom he had a grieving heart for.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Nope, I'm sorry, but you have insulted my inner Holy Spirit by continually referring me as a male. You cannot be forgiven for a super grievous crime! /sarcasm off

Please have faith in your own god, that I used to pray to, that he hasn't forgotten me, if he be the true god.

He is the true and only God, I've learned modern Physics so I'm a firm believer both in free will and predestination equally, depends on what side of the space-time domain we're viewing it from.

I appreciate you sharing your past here with me and the others. (Except Akragon, he's in timeout right now)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Still trying to round up legitimate videos from foerign speakers, it's a hard thing to do, I should have waited to claim I would do it. There are a lot of bogus tongues on the net. But here is the English native speakers speaking the legitimate angelic tongue.

Also includes EEG tests done on folks when the Spirit of God comes over them. The guy doing the EEG isn't a believer.

More to follow...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I reject Paul as being any more astute than myself in my ability to define god and identify the role of Jesus. Who is he (Paul/Saul) to tell me, how to interpret the words of Jesus?

If you're going to go down that path then, who are you to say that the bible was even written by men inspired by God? Why not just written by religious people to control the masses as the secular people say?

If you throw out even one bit of it, you have to throw it all out. Paul doesn't tell you how to interpret Christ's teachings, he tells you how to act and be responsible in your new faith, Paul was the gentile's guide. If he was teaching outside of Christ's will, he would never have recieved Christ's Holy Spirit in him, never would have worked his miracles nor raised the dead, nor had the courage to get beheaded by the Romans.

Your problem is you reject authority because you think you know better than a man who was much closer to the truth back then, than we are now and you're 2000 years removed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join