It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of Christianity?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by NOTurTypical

And Jesus said the whole of the book is about Him or the atonement

nuuu... he did not.... he said search the scriptures they speak of my comming...

He did not say "the book is about me"

That's why I said "and the atonement", the brass serpent is a perfect picture of that. The realization that every detail is about Him comes through intense study, both of the plaintext, and the plethora of nuggets hidden in the text itself.

So you consider the slaughter of innocent people... women and children to be about Jesus or the attonement?

We aren't innocent. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Jesus was the only innocent one, and the only time satan tells a truth in the Bible is when Judas claims he "betrayed innocent blood". satan had already possessed Judas at that point.

Check my edit for that post above too on the last page friend, I added some good nuggets.

Besides, why are you upset I said the brass serpent was a picture of Christ, He told Nicodemus the same thing.

edit on 7-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Another story i don't believe... if the flood actually happend it was likely a local flood... Theres no evidence of a Global flood ever happening...

ABSOLUTELY false. But that's another debate for another thread, that rabbit trail is massive.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I guess we'll see eh... Im not one for prophecy.... The future doesn't exist, nor does the past...

You hate math as you say but just made a profound Physics statement. You don't even realize the implications of what you just said.

There is a vast difference between Physics and Metaphysics...

No, you quoted Einstein and didn't realize it, and according to Science magazine if the "constants are slowing down (entropy) this implies our reality is but a subset of a much larger reality."

The Bible has declared that since day one friend. There is the spirit world, where we all will go when we die and people who have had NDE's will also tell you is real, and in fact more "real" than this one under the curse.

The more we learn about quantum Physics the easier and easier Genesis chapter 1 reads. What do you think turned this science and math nerd into a believer in the first place?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

And Jesus said the whole of the book is about Him or the atonement

nuuu... he did not.... he said search the scriptures they speak of my comming...

He did not say "the book is about me"

That's why I said "and the atonement", the brass serpent is a perfect picture of that. The realization that every detail is about Him comes through intense study, both of the plaintext, and the plethora of nuggets hidden in the text itself.

So you consider the slaughter of innocent people... women and children to be about Jesus or the attonement?

We aren't innocent. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Jesus was the only innocent one, and the only time satan tells a truth in the Bible is when Judas claims he "betrayed innocent blood". satan had already possessed Judas at that point.

Check my edit for that post above too on the last page friend, I added some good nuggets.

Besides, why are you upset I said the brass serpent was a picture of Christ, He told Nicodemus the same thing.

You can feel free to believe that we are born into sin... I don't buy it... nor do i bother with such silly myths such as Adam and eve....

No one can be guilty of another mans sin... Its simply not logical... Unless that other man/woman was you in a previous life... And sins of a child do not warrent slaughter.... theres no way to explain what can be read within the bible that makes the God you defend look good... Unless... it wasn't the one true God

And it can be shown that Jesus was not always so perfect if you choose to believe in the apocryphal books... He attained perfection as he learned...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You can feel free to believe that we are born into sin... I don't buy it... nor do i bother with such silly myths such as Adam and eve....

I don't believe in original sin, that Adams sins passed to us. I believe we were born with sin natures, that it's not a matter of "if" but "when".

And even the logical conclusion of Evolutionary theory if you reverse it says all men came from 1 breeding pair of original humans. We just know their names.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The more we learn about quantum Physics the easier and easier Genesis chapter 1 reads.

Read Genesis 1 and compare it with Genesis 2.... it is flawed... we've been over this...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The more we learn about quantum Physics the easier and easier Genesis chapter 1 reads.

Read Genesis 1 and compare it with Genesis 2.... it is flawed... we've been over this...

And the answer has been provided, what point would it be to do so again? Journalists write in the same manner in newspapers all around the world to this day.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

which is why one can't take the entire bible as the word of God.... Or God is not righteous or just in many cases...

Righteousness means He hates sin, He is just in that He cannot forgive sin without penalty of death.

Socrates understood this apparent paradox when writing to Plato, but had no answer for it because he never knew Christ:

"It may be that the deity can forgive sins, but I cannot see how."

Nor does the OT God examplify Love...

Bull crap Akragon, my avatar is the greatest love letter written in the history of mankind:

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

His love lead me to repentance, not His wrath or righteousness.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So...

Preach on about this symbolism... Droping hints at what you're talking about is no way to teach...

Btw...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Righteousness means He hates sin, He is just in that He cannot forgive sin without penalty of death.

So again... the slaughter of innocent people is righteous?

OT God doesn't forgive... he punishes... but...

21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Bull crap Akragon, my avatar is the greatest love letter written in the history of mankind:

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

His love lead me to repentance, not His wrath or righteousness.

Those verses came from the NT... not the OT...

His love leads to life... OT leads to error..

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So...

Preach on about this symbolism... Droping hints at what you're talking about is no way to teach...

Btw...

You're wrong, a good teacher will not bombard you with data, that's information overload and the mind stops registering the data. A good teacher will press a button in the deepest part of your soul to search it out! To not only LEARN the data but to RETAIN it! That's why HS teachers don't usually get a degree in the subject they want to teach but get an "education" degree.

A good teacher won't just teach you History, but give you a passion for learning all about History.

Another one, why was the tabernacle gold on the inside and animal skins on the outside?

Divinity/Humanity.

No more nuggets tonight.. search friend, search.

You're being bewitched btw, but in a good way.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Those verses came from the NT... not the OT...

His love leads to life... OT leads to error..

I'm bi-biblical bro, I can go the other way if you wish.
It's one book anyways, not 66.

The apostles taught Christ from the OT, Jesus taught from the OT. Just ask.

edit on 8-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

OT God doesn't forgive... he punishes... but...

Why didn't Adam and Eve die right there in the garden? I could go on, and on, and on, and on.....

21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

7 is the Biblical number for "completion".

Meaning, never stop forgiving, ever. Peter didn't see that until Christ opened his eyes. He was making a checklist. "Okay, I've forgiven him 7 times, I'm good now."

Jesus was dealing with the condition of his heart. Rooting out his unforgiveness at the core of his being.

It's a Spiritually inspired book... Don't approach it without the Holy Spirit like the Pharisees and Scribes did or your completely miss it's Spiritual application and Jesus in the process, the Word made Flesh. We are spirit beings, our bodies are just dust. The Spiritual application is what matters. without it you'll just end up a self-righteous Pharisee at the end of your journey, you've met many many of them here on ATS have you not?

I'm trying to show you the REAL Jesus.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Start with Isaiah 53 in the OT, and actually begin at chapter 52 verse 7. The chapter and verse parsings were added much later for our benefit to find verses, but the prophecy begins in chapter 52 verse 7. The assignment is to read those verses with this thought as the pretext:

"God is Love, He sent His Son on a rescue mission for His other lost sons and daughters to bring them back to His house from the pigpen to the fatted calf and a great party. Is that love or not?"

Go.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Bare with me here... been drinkin

You're being bewitched btw, but in a good way.

You sound like a mormon friend of mine...

Jesus taught from the OT. Just ask.

No need to ask... the laws did not change... he just clairified them... and in doing so ruled out most of the OT "laws"

Why didn't Adam and Eve die right there in the garden? I could go on, and on, and on, and on.....

Because they did nothing wrong.... and likely didn't exist in the first place...

please go on...

It's a Spiritually inspired book... Don't approach it without the Holy Spirit like the Pharisees and Scribes did or your completely miss it's Spiritual application and Jesus in the process, the Word made Flesh. We are spirit beings, our bodies are just dust. The Spiritual application is what matters. without it you'll just end up a self-righteous Pharisee at the end of your journey, you've met many many of them here on ATS have you not?

Yes... many "spirits" inspired this book...

Though believe it or not, you are sounding very gnostic... Perhaps you are being bewitched... Don't worry its a good thing

I'm trying to show you the REAL Jesus.

As i am showing YOU the real Jesus... but i will let him shine through you...

Start with Isaiah 53 in the OT, and actually begin at chapter 52 verse 7. The chapter and verse parsings were added much later for our benefit to find verses, but the prophecy begins in chapter 52 verse 7. The assignment is to read those verses with this thought as the pretext:

"God is Love, He sent His Son on a rescue mission for His other lost sons and daughters to bring them back to His house from the pigpen to the fatted calf and a great party. Is that love or not?"

No lessons please...

I told you i have no interest in prophecy...

edit on 8-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Bare with me here... been drinkin

Bare what? Are you hitting on me bro?
(bear)

Sorry it was too easy, just funnin..

2. We could play the Adam and Eve didn't sin/exist game all day, the context was the bible accounts about God from the OT so lets stay within that context. You could say so and so didn't sin/exist with everything.. We've already assumed the Bible is truth for the sake or argumentation, so therefore you can't remove yourself arbitrarily from that assumption we've taken for the sake of argumentation when you're in a tight spot. You cannot assume the Biblical accounts of God being evil are 100% true when you want to make a point, and assume the verses are 100% wrong when your point was removed.

In fact the most righteous amongst us is defined that way because of our keen sub-conscious awareness of our sin, whether we admit it consciously or not, that's irrelevant.

But fine, next person, why didn't Cain get struck down dead when He killed Abel? Se whee I am going with this yet? Play fair friend. I understand your problem, but it's your problem. Still love ya friend.

3. I'm not a Gnostic in any way shape or form. Jesus was a real person who did leave footprints in the sands on the Sea of Galilee when He was walking it's shores.

3. You said the verses I linked were NT verses showing God is love, I'm going to the OT, and teaching you about Jesus like the apostles would have, the NT didn't exist when they were sharing Him. You also said "preach don't tell me something without explaining it" doing it right now with the question. You also said God isn't love, and I said that avatar I have is the greatest love letter in the history of mankind, and Isaiah 52:7/53 shows that as best as any verse in the Bible And lastly you cannot escape prophecy if you open that book we call a Bible, the entire thing is prophetic, it ALL POINTS TO HIM!!!!

The Father pronounced Him guilty for us, so He could pronounce us innocent because of Him. The Father knew the grave couldn't ever hold His Son, it was just a flesh wound for Him. Play fair, you may be just being stubborn from the booze, I'll wait.

You also aren't the only one being taught the real Jesus here remember, you don't HAVE to answer my questions as i've already said. Others will take that challenge.

Happy Resurrection Sunday friend!!! I'll be back on for a few when I get home from church, dunno, have communion today also with mom and her church tonight. I hope they bought the Protestant version of the cracker from the church supply depot, I'd hate to eat His flesh on accident because of a logistical error on part of the church secretary or the picker at their warehouse. I don't have any A1 sauce at church.

LOLOLOLOL

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Christianity was invented by the Essene group over the issues of values of benevolent purpose of man vs the issues of man's exploitation of others. The Essene had a big idea to let the signs in the Heavens that a king was to be born become the theme for their making a Messiah to correct all the bad stuff that crept into the message of religion.

Christianity was basically all about the teachings of the Essene to make a high Master religion person named Jesus to gain favor with the people and make that needed change.

They wanted to correct the exploitation methods that crept into the Talmud from the Babylon Talmud methods and have religion treat all persons as equal. This was a better religious design to end the exploitation of religions against others.

Moses great theme was Freedom from Slavery, and that benovolent idea was delivered or forced against the Egyptians by using lots of games of nature that Moses learned from the alchemists of Egypt. His story was written in too simple a term for those of today to understand well, but it was about just benovolent purpose.

Moses big theme was depart from the Egyptian religion and their worship of Babylon, making ten simple rules. Moses departed from lots of gods and just had one that had all the other's element's contained within it, and he still tried to personify god in speaking about this creator for the Universe, the I am that I am. Then, as now, no one could well explain god.

The non-benevolent goals in religion come from humans trying to play god, such as Babylon's religion, that of Phonecia, the Egyptians too. The Essenes and Jesus sought to dismiss all the Babylon Talmudists and became the enemy of the Pharisee and Sadducee, who pushed the Babylon Talmud's ways.

The point of original Christianty was to turn the minds away from Babylon Talmud ways. The purpose of organized Christian Religion of these times since Constantine has been to plug all those ways for human exploitation back into the theme of Christianty and return to the ways of Babylon's corruptions of religion.

The organized church does not teach the values of the Essene nor respect the original Jesus theme. imho

With every great good, there is a lesser good or evil. One doesn't get one without the other. Evil succeeds when the good men do nothing and covent only money and power.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Christianity was invented by the Essene group

Forget the idiot Essenes. They were so legalistic and self-righteous the Pharisees and Scribes couldn't stand them. These fools wouldn't take a dump on the Sabbath and would hold it till the next day because apparently it's considered "pleasure" and "work".

These fools couldn't even get taking a crap correct and you expect us all to believe they had the correct Christology?? GTFO with that nonsense.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oh, boy. You two are at it, again. Well, I am atheist and I won't attack chistianism and try to bite its head off, because I do not feel the urge to attack what I don't know. So I'll just step out to somewhere calm and cozy.
I did not have the chance to try out all my emoticons so I'll try them out while this thread is dropping to heated accusations and defenses.
NOTurTypical, I wish you good luck at convincing someone who is so deeply grounded in his beliefs and braiwashed.
Akragon, I wish you good luck at trying to insult a bishop. I really don't see what it is you are trying to achieve with this.
Okay, I'll try my emoticons now.

Cooool...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Oh, boy. You two are at it, again. Well, I am atheist and I won't attack chistianism and try to bite its head off, because I do not feel the urge to attack what I don't know. So I'll just step out to somewhere calm and cozy.
I did not have the chance to try out all my emoticons so I'll try them out while this thread is dropping to heated accusations and defenses.
NOTurTypical, I wish you good luck at convincing someone who is so deeply grounded in his beliefs and braiwashed.
Akragon, I wish you good luck at trying to insult a bishop. I really don't see what it is you are trying to achieve with this.
Okay, I'll try my emoticons now.

Cooool...

lol.

If you notice who is the attacker here it's not me. And I'm not concerned with convincing the dude, just telling the truth. In internet lingo the former is called a troll. I like emoticons too.

Awwww, you're just hungry. Here ya go little fella:

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join