It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Going After Sheriff Joe…Shocking!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Being an Arizona native I have seen both sides of Joe. His theatrical tactics are just so old. He is a joke and an embarrassment to our state. He does put fear in Hispanics, so they just move to New Mexico, Texas, Cali etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by seabag

With Arpaio, real community law enforcement takes a backseat to publicity stunts.

He lives in a fantasy world of self-importance.

Millions of tax dollars have been wasted on lawsuits

He is responsible for a critical and dangerous shortage of personnel in both in the jails and patrol.

Hundreds of current MCSO employees, represented by a number of employee organizations, have expressed a vote of no confidence in Sheriff Arpaio.

The self proclaimed “Toughest Sheriff in America ” is too fearful to debate other candidates.

Arpaio routinely abuses his authority for personal, political, and vindictive reasons.

Many Phoenix community leaders and concerned organizations have looked beyond the smokescreen to see the corruption and incompetence of the Arpaio administration.

TextSheriff Joe Arpaio has deceived, misinformed and outright lied to the public and violated rights!

Arpaio's self-serving and ego-driven actions have severely damaged relations between the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and other Arizona agencies.

He is not corrupt. Me and the people just dont like his ways, he has to go.

www.arpaio.com...

edit on 3-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

Funny since he is an elected official and keeps getting re-elected a majority of us Maricopa county residents obviously support him. If you don't live in Maricopa county your opinion of him staying in office does not matter.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by luccadeo

Yes he keeps getting re-elected. Course, its been well documented, the shady tactics he uses to get re-elected, but hey, who cares about that, right?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
that sheriff is a real dirt bag. you should look into all the human rights violations his prison in maricopa has be accused of. He should have no authority whatsoever.

I am glad obama is going after this guy for any reason. the guy is a psychopath and needs to be removed from he public and put into his own jail.

the sheriff is one of the top assholes in our country. anything bad that happens to this guy is just karma.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Am I the only one who sees the blatant stupidity in this comment?

"Targeting sheriff Joe for targeting Latinos in a bid to crack down on illegal immigration."

Umm..

Especially in Arizona, where 95%+ of Illegals come from MEXICO I would assume it's pretty !$%! obvious to target Latinos???

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
WOW....I joined this site for many reasons, for breaking news, to be among others who
understand that the MSM is a propaganda machine, to avail myself of the many member's
contributions and research into interesting topics...BUT,

from the racial hatred and bias in this thread alone, It seems the MSM has done its
"recent job" of promoting racially based hate propaganda very well.

Don't you sheep get it?......You are being led by the nose into dividing yourselves into
racial groups and theistic groups and political groups and many of you seem unaware.

The "bad guys" aren't among us Plebians, they sit at the top of the mountain...and they are
quite smug and pleased with themselves...their plan seems to be working.

We have arrived at an Orwellian point now. The sheep have just begun to change the chant
from "...four legs good. Two legs bad," (to) "...four legs good. Two legs better!"

edit on 4-4-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The thing is that the MCSO were detaining legal citizens simply because they were Latino. Targeting someone solely based on their race is not police work, it's racial profiling. The argument isn't that Arpaio was arresting illegal immigrants. It's that he was impeding on the rights of US citizens simply because they were Latino.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Being asked for ID is not the same as being "detained"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATIONS
TECHNIQUES AND PROCEDURES

Field Manual
No. 33-1-1

Opportunities for psyops success
Military successes of friendly forces.
Shortages of food, housing,clothing, or other necessities in target area.
Graft and corruption among opponent leaders.
Manpower shortages in the opponent's military.
Opponent country's racial and religious intolerance.
Political disunity and lack of confidence in opponent leaders.
Opponent's use of terrorism, midnight soldiers and arrests, censorship, travel restrictions, and other repressive activities.

www.watchmenfaithministries.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I shouldn't waste a space just to tell you that I absolutely loved what you said. Eloquent but simple in your description of a man that uses his head.

Saying you love something isn't a waste of space hon. I appreciate compliments, especially from someone who 's "virginal".

The truth is, I've been on the fence with Joe for quite a while now but the fact is the man needs to retire. Just seems to me that he's got too much on his plate with the Feds to be able to focus on his job duties down in the valley.

People need to remember that just because the Feds are after you, it doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Joe just rubs them the wrong way. He always has.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I was going to ask "are you serious about this being a retaliation over some Birther nonsense?" If anything helps Obama move up in the poles and Independents move away from the crazy people into the Obama camp more -- I don't know what it is.

But then I realized that OF COURSE you are serious.

I think the REASON the administration is suing is because; "Joe Arpaio and his department for violating civil rights laws by improperly targeting Latinos in a bid to crack down on illegal immigrants" -- Arpaio is an idiot and an abuse idiot at that. I'm going to chalk this up as one of the GOOD THINGS the administration is doing.

Can we get back to some of the space alien stuff?-- even the vapor trails are better than this nonsense.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

To quote the Justice Department's findings:

Based upon our extensive investigation, we find reasonable cause to believe that MCSO engages in a pattern of practice of unconstitutional policing. Specifically, we find that MCSO, through the actions of its deputies, supervisory staff, and command staff, engages in racial profiling of Latinos; unlawfully stops, detains, and arrests Latinos; and unlawfully retaliates against individuals who complain or criticize MCSO's policies or practices, all in violation of Section 14141. MCSO's discriminatory police conduct additionally violates Title VI and its implementing regulations.

We also find reasonable cause to believe that MCSO operates its jails in a manner that discriminates against its limited English proficient ("LEP") Latino inmates. Specifically, we find that MCSO, through actions of its deputies, detention officers, supervisory staff, and command staff, routinely punishes Latino LEP inmates for failing to understand commands given in English and denies them critical services provided to the other inmates, all in violation of Title VI and its implementing regulations.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by mudbeed
Ok apparently most of you hate Obama so much you are ignoring facts.

Joe's been being investigated FOR YEARS.

Why the hell do you guys keep ignoring this fact?

Instead I see threads above still rambling about a proven lie.

You guys are being stupid. Look at the facts.

All fake president and crooked joe aside from both sides, the facts are he was already being investigated.

If he was being investigated since before birtherism than how the hell is this due to Joes supposed facts?

Quit being tools.

That's it. Take it to name calling of members to get your point across.

We know Joe is and has been under an investigation, but it still doesn't mean it's not just another distration from something else whether it's Obama's life or actions he is about to take.

Personally, I find it funny that out of one side of Obama's mouth he says we need to increase border patrols yet, on the other side, he is defending the illegals by push on Joe.

demanding that law enforcement abide by civil rights laws is not defending illegals. Come on now.

I agree, but the main focus was on illegals, and they just happen to be latino. So, where is the line drawn when X percent of the population in Joe's county is the race of the illegals? Do you just assume they are here legally until the do something wrong or do you verify their citizenship?

Do we not live in a land of innocent until proven guilty?

Yes we do as registered American citizens. They don't until they follow the process to be in the US legally.
edit on 4-4-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

You are conveniently and naively missing the point, I hope not on purpose. The mistreatment is to anyone Hispanic, not anyone alllegedly an illegal immigrant. Does that make a difference to you? If that doesn't trouble you then there is no hope for you if you continue to defend him.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by seabag

Am I the only one who sees the blatant stupidity in this comment?

"Targeting sheriff Joe for targeting Latinos in a bid to crack down on illegal immigration."

Umm..

Especially in Arizona, where 95%+ of Illegals come from MEXICO I would assume it's pretty !$%! obvious to target Latinos???

Really so not worth responding to.
edit on 4-4-2012 by something wicked because: redacted, ATS, I thought such rascist comments were going to be reviewed.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovebringer
50 dollars on Obama, He's got longer reach.

Arpaio is called "The Toughest Sheriff in the United States" so i say Fifty bucks on Arpaio

Maybe Obama got a little longer reach, but Obama smoke cigarettes which has a very negative impact on his boxing performance, he even admitted that he did smoke Marihuana!
So i say Fifty bucks on "Rocky" Arpaio the toughest Sheriff in the United States!

So Obama really is going after Sheriff Joe? Unbelievable, i couldn't believe my eyes when i first saw the title of this thread. I keep asking myself >What the heck is going on here??? Is Obama going mad?<

www.abovetopsecret.com... Arpaio's investigation team in cooperation with document forensic experts discovered something odd about Obama's so-called "Hawaiian Birth Certificate" as they determine as hoax and the Selected Service Card as they also determine as hoax.

Top Government Insider Steve Pieczenik says Bin Laden died in 2001, that 911 is a False Flag, and the reason why the Obama administration prentended to "make it look like they killed Bin Laden in 2011" was that the birther issue was blowing up in his face...

www.infowars.com...
Pieczenik said that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001, “Not because special forces had killed him, but because as a physician I had known that the CIA physicians had treated him and it was on the intelligence roster that he had marfan syndrome,” adding that the US government knew Bin Laden was dead before they invaded Afghanistan.

Marfan syndrome is a degenerative genetic disease for which there is no permanent cure. The illness severely shortens the life span of the sufferer.

“He died of marfan syndrome, Bush junior KNEW about it, the intelligence community knew about it,” said Pieczenik, noting how CIA physicians had visited Bin Laden in July 2001 at the American Hospital in Dubai.

“He was already very sick from marfan syndrome and he was already dying, so nobody had to kill him,” added Pieczenik, stating that Bin Laden died shortly after 9/11 in his Tora Bora cave complex.

“Did the intelligence community or the CIA doctor up this situation, the answer is yes, categorically yes,” said Pieczenik, referring to Sunday’s claim that Bin Laden was killed at his compound in Pakistan, adding, “This whole scenario where you see a bunch of people sitting there looking at a screen and they look as if they’re intense, but that’s nonsense,” referring to the images released by the White House which claim to show Biden, Obama and Hillary Clinton watching the operation to kill Bin Laden live on a television screen.

“It’s a total make-up, make believe, we’re in an American theater of the absurd….why are we doing this again….nine years ago this man was already dead….why does the government repeatedly have to lie to the American people,” asked Pieczenik.

“Osama Bin Laden was totally dead, so there’s no way they could have attacked or confronted or killed Osama Bin laden,” said Pieczenik, joking that the only way it could have happened was if special forces had attacked a mortuary.

Pieczenik said that the decision to launch the HOAX now was made because Obama had reached a LOW with plummeting approval ratings and the fact that the BIRTHER issue was BLOWING up in his face!

And now Obama is going after the Sheriff??? This just seems so unreal, i mean unbelievable...
edit on 4-4-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

Do people really not read threads anymore before responding. Once again Obama is not going after Arpaio. This is the culmination of an investigation initiated under the Bush administration. The investigation itself concluded in December of last year after more than three years. Since than the DoJ has been attempting to settle with Arpaio out of court. He has refused all of their offers so they now have choice but to file a suit.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Anybody ever notice how that when you have multiple quotes in a post it looks like an inverted pyramid reaching down into the depths of the earth?

O long johnson.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

OR!

It could be that Sheriff Joe
is actually doing something wrong, and should be monitored. If Mr. Arpiao isn't doing anything wrong, he doesn't have anything to hide!

But maybe he is racially profiling people, and maybe he wants to hide this from the feds because maybe if he is doing something wrong he might end up in his tent city jail wearing pink underwear.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Just remember, good guys have nothing to hide, so the police say. If you hide behind a lawyer, according to the police, you should be investigated because good guys don't hide from the police.

So, let's apply this to the Sheriff shall we?

He resists being investigated and tries to disrupt it all to hell and back any way he can, and he's the good guy?

I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Do people really not read threads anymore before responding. Once again Obama is not going after Arpaio. This is the culmination of an investigation initiated under the Bush administration. The investigation itself concluded in December of last year after more than three years. Since than the DoJ has been attempting to settle with Arpaio out of court. He has refused all of their offers so they now have choice but to file a suit.

If you go back to Page 1 and read this www.reuters.com... as posted by 'seabag', then it states:

Government plans to sue Arizona sheriff for targeting Latinos

The Obama administration on Tuesday said it was preparing to sue Arizona county sheriff Joe Arpaio and his department for violating civil rights laws by improperly targeting Latinos in a bid to crack down on illegal immigrants.

You say that Obama is not going after the Sheriff, but obviously it seems the Government plans to sue the Sheriff for targeting Latinos, so if the Obama administration is not planning to sue the Sheriff as you now claim, then who do you think they plan to sue?
edit on 4-4-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join