It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Going After Sheriff Joe…Shocking!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by KnightFire

Originally posted by mudbeed
Ok apparently most of you hate Obama so much you are ignoring facts.

Joe's been being investigated FOR YEARS.

Why the hell do you guys keep ignoring this fact?

Instead I see threads above still rambling about a proven lie.

You guys are being stupid. Look at the facts.

All fake president and crooked joe aside from both sides, the facts are he was already being investigated.

If he was being investigated since before birtherism than how the hell is this due to Joes supposed facts?

Quit being tools.

That's it. Take it to name calling of members to get your point across.

We know Joe is and has been under an investigation, but it still doesn't mean it's not just another distration from something else whether it's Obama's life or actions he is about to take.

Personally, I find it funny that out of one side of Obama's mouth he says we need to increase border patrols yet, on the other side, he is defending the illegals by push on Joe.

demanding that law enforcement abide by civil rights laws is not defending illegals. Come on now.

I agree, but the main focus was on illegals, and they just happen to be latino. So, where is the line drawn when X percent of the population in Joe's county is the race of the illegals? Do you just assume they are here legally until the do something wrong or do you verify their citizenship?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I hate to pee on an unhinged conspiracy thread...

But the investigation into Sheriff Joe has been going on since 1995 at the least..
www.azcentral.com...

Look what GW Bush did...Maybe President Obama knew he was going to win the election...paid off President Bush to open an investigation, because he knew some day the right wing would accuse him of being Kenyan and Sheriff Joe would be leading the circus?

Lack of Cooperation with Department of Justice

In June 2008, the United States Department of Justice Civil Rights Division began an investigation of Arpaio amid accusations of discrimination and unconstitutional searches and seizures. The investigation was conducted under the authority of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which forbids discrimination related to programs that receive federal funds. On July 7, 2009, Arpaio held a press conference, and announced that he would not cooperate with the investigation, either by providing documents, or permitting interviews with personnel. On September 2, 2010, the Department of Justice filed suit against Arpaio, to compel his cooperation with the investigation. A spokeswoman for the Justice Department stated that it was unprecedented for an agency to refuse to cooperate with a Title VI investigation, and that this is the first time the Justice Department has sued to compel access to documents and facilities

en.wikipedia.org...

hmmm also under GW Bush ...

In 2008 a federal grand jury began an inquiry of Arpaio for abuse of power, in connection with an FBI investigation.Arpaio is being investigated for politically motivated and "bogus" prosecutions, which a former US Attorney called "utterly unacceptable". Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon has called Arpaio's "long list" of questionable prosecutions "a reign of terror".

Actually the list of investigations against Sherrif Joe is to long to list here..and goes back 20 years, common knowledge in AZ and for anyone that can use google...virtually all of the investigations begining before Obama took office...but please, go on with the birther comspiracy fantasy of persecution...it is grweat material!
edit on 4-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

All fake president and crooked joe aside from both sides, the facts are he was already being investigated.

If he was being investigated since before birtherism than how the hell is this due to Joes supposed facts?

Quit being tools.

We know Joe is and has been under an investigation, but it still doesn't mean it's not just another distration from something else whether it's Obama's life or actions he is about to take.

Personally, I find it funny that out of one side of Obama's mouth he says we need to increase border patrols yet, on the other side, he is defending the illegals by push on Joe.

demanding that law enforcement abide by civil rights laws is not defending illegals. Come on now.

I agree, but the main focus was on illegals, and they just happen to be latino. So, where is the line drawn when X percent of the population in Joe's county is the race of the illegals? Do you just assume they are here legally until the do something wrong or do you verify their citizenship?

Do we not live in a land of innocent until proven guilty?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My favorite thus far from Sheriff Joe is when the county looked to cut his budget and he went after EVERYBODY...even filing a federal racketeering charge against the WHOLE COUNTY.

This guy is all kinds of whacko..just epic..

Two Maricopa County officials have been subpoenaed to appear before the grand jury to testify about Arpaio's actions against county officials since they moved to cut his budget in late 2008.

Since then Arpaio and County Atty. Andrew Thomas, an ally, have filed criminal charges against two county supervisors, have said dozens of other county workers are under investigation and have filed a federal racketeering lawsuit accusing the entire county political structure of conspiring against them.

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Quit being tools.

Yes we do as registered American citizens. They don't until they follow the process to be in the US legally.
edit on 4-4-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by something wicked
You really are boondock saint aren't you?

LOL...I swear I just had the exact same thought.

And then it all of a sudden all made sense.

edit on 4-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

If you look back, the popsmayhem account wasn't always used by boondock. Whoever had it before wrote in a completely different and more coherent style...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

When that process is streamlined and made affordable for the very poor, then more people will use it.

Until then, you will have people, often with nothing to their name, trying to make it across to what they perceive as a better life.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
My favorite thus far from Sheriff Joe is when the county looked to cut his budget and went after EVERYBODY...even filing a federal racketeering charge against the WHOLE COUNTY.

This guy is all kinds of whacko..just epic..

Two Maricopa County officials have been subpoenaed to appear before the grand jury to testify about Arpaio's actions against county officials since they moved to cut his budget in late 2008.

Since then Arpaio and County Atty. Andrew Thomas, an ally, have filed criminal charges against two county supervisors, have said dozens of other county workers are under investigation and have filed a federal racketeering lawsuit accusing the entire county political structure of conspiring against them.

articles.latimes.com...

I remember in '08 during the election Joe had an opponent that was gaining just a little bit of traction. That opponents son was suddenly arrested by MCSO in some murder investigation. As soon as the opponent dropped out new evidence emerged that exonerated his son. Convenient, eh?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Quit being tools.

Yes we do as registered American citizens. They don't until they follow the process to be in the US legally.
edit on 4-4-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

There are two problems with this:
1)You cannot know they are illegal by looking at them. Thus, you do not know if they are a registered american citizen. Therefore, it is a violation of civil rights to profile in this way.

and

2)We hold foreign 'terrorists' to our laws, even though they are not american citizens. Seems a bit of a double standard, doesnt it?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

Oh yah, he has arrested/investigated several political opponents..

Reportedly, the FBI is investigating Arpaio, who works hand-in-hand with Thomas on these corruption cases, for alleged abuses of power. Besides Maricopa County Supervisor Don Stapley, other local political opponents of Arpaio have also found themselves subjects of investigations by Arpaio and Thomas, including Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon, former Mesa Police Chief George Gascon, former candidate Dan Saban, Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard, Maricopa County Manager David Smith, Superior Court Presiding Judge Barbara Mundell, ACLU attorney Dan Pochoda, and Phoenix New Times reporter John Dougherty

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The only thing more outrageous than Sheriff Joe is the fact the he is not in one of his jails by now...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

When that process is streamlined and made affordable for the very poor, then more people will use it.

Until then, you will have people, often with nothing to their name, trying to make it across to what they perceive as a better life.

Obama should focus on making the process easier for people to make a better life for themselves. Everything cost money and I don't want to say the process is broken because there is a cost assocaited with becoming a US citizen, but he is always preaching on the poor, so let's make the illegals, legal by making it possible for them and then they can start paying taxes like the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

1)You cannot know they are illegal by looking at them. Thus, you do not know if they are a registered american citizen. Therefore, it is a violation of civil rights to profile in this way.

and

2)We hold foreign 'terrorists' to our laws, even though they are not american citizens. Seems a bit of a double standard, doesnt it?

I agree it is a double standard, so how do we fix it?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'm sure that TPTB would rather annex the U.S, Mexico and Canada into the NAU.

That seems to be where it's heading.

They will use this "problem" and the "reaction" to it to launch their "solution".

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

and

That, my friend, is the real question. My first solution is to levy $10 million in fines against ANY company found employing anyone who is undocumented. Take away the incentive for these companies, they will stop hiring them. Stop hiring them, and they have no choice but to get documented if they want to work.

It seems to me this topic always focuses on the PEOPLE, and not the COMPANIES. But the fact of the matter is, corporations facilitate illegal immigration more than any other factor. THAT is where it needs to start.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

They will use this "problem" and the "reaction" to it to launch their "solution".

I like that. I just hope you are right.

I have nothing against the people who are here illegally except they are here illegally. So many Americans are out of work, yet there are millions of illegals with jobs and none of that money is taxed so it's a loss two fold. One for the unemployed citizens and two for government revenue.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I like that. I just hope you are right.

I have nothing against the people who are here illegally except they are here illegally. So many Americans are out of work, yet there are millions of illegals with jobs and none of that money is taxed so it's a loss two fold. One for the unemployed citizens and two for government revenue.

so I have to ask, why is your issue with the people, and not the companies hiring them? Afterall, the companies are the ones saving money on it, avoiding taxes, and increasing their profits.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It's called selective moral outrage and Obama and Holder are quite good at it.

I tend to think that they are attempting to send an alternate message to Sheriff Joe for opening another can of worms.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

This is a point that often falls upon deaf ears.

I've spent plenty of time discussing this with people who refused to blame the corporations demanding this cheap labor.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

and

That, my friend, is the real question. My first solution is to levy $10 million in fines against ANY company found employing anyone who is undocumented. Take away the incentive for these companies, they will stop hiring them. Stop hiring them, and they have no choice but to get documented if they want to work.

It seems to me this topic always focuses on the PEOPLE, and not the COMPANIES. But the fact of the matter is, corporations facilitate illegal immigration more than any other factor. THAT is where it needs to start.

You hit the nail right on the head. Focus on the companies that are paying for these people to work in their factories. Maybe the companies are fined the fee for these people to become citizens and not spend the money to deport them. Or better yet, if they have to deport them make the companies pay the wages of the border patrol officers. They will find that it's just cheaper to bring these people in, help them become citizens and then they can have a better life.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sheriff Joe expands Obama probe to Hillary supporters

www.wnd.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join