It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It might be ever so slightly off topic, but I am sick to death of in-yr-face, rampant, heterosexual/breeder lifestyles running roughshod all over absolutely everything all the time, absolutely everywhere. This promotes indiscriminate breeding and keeps the intelligence level in the sewer because everyone's brains (stunted as they are) are bogged down with child care...
The planet is one big welfare recipient diaper pail where the parnets don't even have the sense of the infants.
And you all want to be indignant and act sanctimonious about this.
Marriage just redefines livestock ownership as including wife and kids. Go ahead, look it up- if she's not pissed off enough already.
One more Christian Mingle ad and I swear I'll puke...
Marry, marry, breed, breed.... And now queers too..... Help us all...
I thought you were in desperate need of a change of perspective.
Don't let the IMPORTANT issues get in the way of this piddly nitpickity trash.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Love should be celebrated....not debated on. It shouldn't matter who you love, as long as you're not hurting anyone. Love is beautiful, and I don't believe that anyone should have the right to deny two consenting adults their right to be with one another. Whether that be marriage or not.

I believe that Love is the most powerful emotion. It outweighs hate more than anyone can ever imagine.

The God that I believe in does not hate you if you love someone that has the same reproductive organs that you do.

I don't believe that God can hate you if you share love. Regardless of what gender you fall in love with.

Celebrate love. It is the only thing that can save this world.

~Quyll

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by Annee

I do, and you have as much right, if you are a woman, to marry a man as I do. If you are a man, you have as much right to marry a woman as any other man does.

Oh yeah - - - that's equal rights.

No - - that is a cop out.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Please, how is that a cop-out? Is that not equal rights between you and I?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I do, and you have as much right, if you are a woman, to marry a man as I do. If you are a man, you have as much right to marry a woman as any other man does.

Why cant a woman marry a woman and a man a man?

you have the right to decide what other free grown adults are allowed to do? why?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Please, how is that a cop-out? Is that not equal rights between you and I?

No it is not equal.

It is not Human equal - - as in who you love - - who you are emotionally and physically attracted to.

It is absolutely a cop out.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

I send my children to private schools. So that is not a concern. And I do monitor what they watch on television, which like you stated is a task in itself. It is very possible to keep violence out of their lives, we are peaceful people. It is very possible to keep gluttony out of their lives, we live modestly, they are appreciative of everything they have. It is nearly impossible to go shopping, to the movies, to the zoo, to the park, without being witness to homosexuality. I have explained to my children that I find it inappropriate and why I find it so.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As a human female, I chose who I would marry. I chose who I was attracted too. There are many, many men in this world. No one is telling you that you can't get married. Marriage is defined as the union of a man and women. Of course now, there are several definitions, but before the gay-rights movement, it was defined as being between husband and wife.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I have explained to my children that I find it inappropriate and why I find it so.

Passing your bigotry onto your children - - - how Loving of you.

My mom was raised racist. Something I never knew - - until I overheard her talking to someone.

I asked her about it - - and this is what she said: "I raised you without prejudice because it has no part in YOUR world".

My mom was smart - - - and opened her mind.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

if there was a different word for marriage used for gays would that make it better for you? because it seems you have a problem with the definition being for man and woman... easy problem to solve they can just call it something else..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Gay marriage is not a right, and neither is a straight marriage....period! How can a man-made institution be a human right? That's like saying owning an Xbox is a human right

It's not the role of govt. to tell you who you can't marry
But wait... don't agree with me just yet, because it's also not the role of govt. to tell you who YOU CAN marry either.

So the entire debate becomes a non-issue, and so much energy is being wasted on it

(This may have been pointed out already, didn't read past page one, sorry)

But wait, if that is the case then it is a right.

If government made the decision it would be a privilege.

In law a right is an entitlement, a privilege is something the government allows you to do.

So owning an X-Box is a right, you don't need permission to own one.

Marriage is a privilege because you need a license, should it be a right, yes it should.

edit on 4/3/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by newsoul

if there was a different word for marriage used for gays would that make it better for you?

NO!

Separate but Equal is NOT Equal.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by domasio

I send my children to private schools. So that is not a concern. And I do monitor what they watch on television, which like you stated is a task in itself. It is very possible to keep violence out of their lives, we are peaceful people. It is very possible to keep gluttony out of their lives, we live modestly, they are appreciative of everything they have. It is nearly impossible to go shopping, to the movies, to the zoo, to the park, without being witness to homosexuality. I have explained to my children that I find it inappropriate and why I find it so.

While I understand your views on homosexuality, what exactly is it that you see when you go shopping, or to the movies that so bothers you? I'm going to guess that you are not witness to actual "gay" sex in public places, so what is it that is so deeply offensive? Are "gay" people somehow a lower form of life? Maybe I'm way off base here but that was the impression I got from your post.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I always find it strange that I am called a bigot for my beliefs. Bigot: one who regards or treats members of a group with hatred or intolerance. I do not feel that I have treated anyone here with hatred. You obviously do not agree with me or my beliefs and yet I have not resorted to calling you names. I do not hate you, I have already stated that. I find it offensive that you would question my parenting skills, but I suppose that is your right. I raise my children according to my beliefs. I am not a racist, and I am not a hateful person. I am a loving person that stands behind her beliefs. You can keep calling me names, but it will not change my stance on the marriage issue. Marriage should be reserved for a man and a woman.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I concur, those rights limited to opposite-sex partners are too narrow and should be expanded.

And who can say when rights begin and end in history?
Gay marriage is not new to human society.
The violent spread of certain religions after antiquity, and later global colonialism robbed people of that right, and it is time to claim it back.

Of course it's easy to say everyone is a "man" or a "woman", but inter-sexed people do exist, and who can they marry (and on what basis) by that belief?

It's neither fair on gay or straight people to sustain a system that forces them to marry each other.
Only a few decades back straight marriage wasn't just seen as a right, but as a moral and social injunction.
Especially divorced women were virtual outcasts.

People should have the right to marry an adult partner they are attracted to, and not because it is their only superficial option.

Under apartheid people said the same thing about race mixing not too long ago: blacks have the right to marry blacks, and whites have the right to whites, why do mixed couples need "special rights" to get married?

But nowadays nobody in the mainstream would revert to that argument.

Well, perhaps some people need "special rights" to be equal, because some sanctimonious, meddling old farts went out of their way to make some "special laws" that interfered with people's right to pursue an equal life and happiness. And in that process they made many other people unhappy too, like the heterosexual partners of gay people who felt obliged to marry them under that system.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A person does not need to accept homosexuality to understand Equal Rights.

Understanding that all humans need love - - should be enough for anyone to accept Gays marrying - - on Equal Rights alone.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XxCanexX

No, I do not see them as lower than myself. We are all people. I believe that homosexuality goes against the laws of nature. I have frequently seen gay couples kissing and holding hands, and while I do believe they have the right to do that, to ME that is not the natural order of things.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

reply to post by domasio

Sounds to me like you fear your children might become homo's if they see other homo's?

Sorry to break it to you but if your children are Gay then they will be Gay, regardless of what you try to do to shelter them from the world they will one day have to navigate by themselves without mommy keeping out the 'bad stuff'.

It is your attitude that makes people Homophobic. Your children need to learn to accept and respect all people, it's because parents don't do that we get homophobes, and racists, and adults who judge other people because they're not like mommy and daddy, and they never learned that other people being different is normal, and they are not lower life forms that need to be avoided and judged and told they can't love each other like 'normal' people and they can't have the same rights as 'normal' people.

Sorry rant over, I apologize if I'm reading you wrong. I'm sure you think you're doing the right thing, and it's not my place to tell you how to raise your kids? BTW did your parents do the same thing you're doing now?

edit on 4/4/2012 by ANOK because: I'm medicated

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
And besides, marriage whether it be gay or straight is a pointless excercise for insecure people that are afraid of being ditched. it's a complete waste of money and time and if anyone needs a lawfully binding contract to justify their love for another they must be kidding themselves surely.

Obviously a couple's chances of a successful relationship is not increased upon marriage. They are actually more likely to deteriorate than a couple who decide against marriage.

I firmly believe let anyone get married if they really want to. But once they tie that knot there should be no turning back. The vow is for life, so for life they shall remain end of story!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

My husband swears I grew up with Hitler
But seriously, my parents were strict and yes they did raise me with their beliefs. I think all parents do that. My children are loving, caring and honest children. They do not judge people. I do not judge people. Just because I do not agree with someones lifestyle does not mean that I hate them. I can respect and accept someone without respecting and accepting their actions. I do not fear that my children will be gay. If they are gay that won't suddenly make it ok with me. I will love my children regardless of where their life "without mommy" leads them. That doesn't mean that I have to approve of their decision. I am sure that you and everyone else here has done things that "mommy" didn't necessarily approve of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join